Mission : Meet Mika

wolfs_cry

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

....they were DEF not in the MFC.... :sneaky2:

I wonder if they were young teeny boppers!!! :sneaky2: There are some girls (and guys) out there who deserve to be shot for bothering Mika and scaring him away from the ppl who genuinely jus want to meet him and say hi rather than grab him and faint!!!

There were lots of people at the stage door and he just came out and got straight into the car, and people ran after it, banging on the side.

I shouted rude things at the bangers.:thumbdown:

Go babs!!!

He will stop coming out if they do things like that forever

We will get some MFC security for next month :punk:

I don't know who they were actually. I felt bad because I had been sort of running up to the car from the front of the venue to see what was going on. Not because I wanted to attack him!

I knew Suzy would want to stay around to try to talk to him but I wanted to leave before we missed the last train. If he was leaving the venue I wanted to be sure so we could just go home. By the time I got close enough to the car for everyone inside it to see me, the girls started banging on the windows.

Everything happened so quickly and I was horrified to be anywhere near the car at the time.

I didn't even bother trying to wait afterwards because I knew something like that would happen. London's the worst for trying to meet people after. Plus I only just managed to get my last train as it was. I'd say Hammersmith is marginally better than Brixton but I wouldn't get your hopes up for either.

It was bad in Brighton, too, there were so many people crowding him, you just couldn't get near him, so most of us MFCers just stood by and on a little wall and held up the flag. Which was good because when he got in the car, it was a small road and it was congested so the car couldn't move too well, so we waved and he saw us because one of the back windows opened just a tiny bit as he was opposite us and a hand came out and waved. Bless.

And I am sure it was at us because of the position of the car. No-one else would have seen it.

It was bad in Brighton, too, there were so many people crowding him, you just couldn't get near him, so most of us MFCers just stood by and on a little wall and held up the flag. Which was good because when he got in the car, it was a small road and it was congested so the car couldn't move too well, so we waved and he saw us because one of the back windows opened just a tiny bit as he was opposite us and a hand came out and waved. Bless.

And I am sure it was at us because of the position of the car. No-one else would have seen it.

Awwww...that is so sweet of him!!! :wub2: Did he leave it a while before he came out in Brighton? I suppose the longer he leaves til going out of the venue the more of a chance u will be left with more dedicated fans then screaming teenys who jus wanna see a glimpse of him or touch him Am I right?

Yeh Brighton was pretty bad. Although I think that was mainly the organisers fault. Putting a big black car right outside the exit we were all leaving from :sneaky2:

I have a little video of us lot actually when he does the little wave :naughty:

The thing was by the time the car got down the road abit, everyone who had been crowding round had vanished! We were pretty much the only ones left...he should have stopped the car again and got out - he wouldn't have got mobbed then.

Awwww...that is so sweet of him!!! :wub2: Did he leave it a while before he came out in Brighton?
No it wasn't too long because they were all driving back to London to go to their own homes apparently.

We got to talk to the band quite a bit that night though which was great. They didn't get mobbed :naughty:

Go babs!!!

He will stop coming out if they do things like that forever

We will get some MFC security for next month :punk:

Seriously. Everything happened so quickly last time and I was coming from the other direction. But if I'm amongst a group of people like that again I will intervene. If enough sane people are around hopefully they will calm down before things get out of hand.

I think if Mika had stopped to talk to everyone it wouldn't have happened. It was just a sort of mad panic because he left so quickly. But no one can be sure of that so I can see why he'd be very cautious the next time around.

I've noticed John seems to come out and give everyone a good talking to before Mika puts in an appearance and people respond to that. But there were only a small group of MFCers when he entered at Brixton and during the phone call at Hammersmith so it's not as if we were going to act mental anyway.

It's going to be difficult to control as the crowds get bigger and random people are hanging around waiting to see him.

Hi!

i was here too,at brixton,and i don't know why people do that..not from mfc,of course,but i never seen that in my 12' gigs of mika!!!

why mika don't stay for autograph so...?the road is too small for staying,i think like the other hammersmith is better to make a real queue.

Why "London's the worst for trying to meet people after."?

as rude as that is about the girls banging on his car, it's just something he's going to have to get used to. the more successful/famous he gets, the more teenies there's gonna be.

I agree, it's very sad, but it is inevitable :blink: He's a hot pop star and it is going to happen. He will just have to beef up the security *sigh* . It doesn't make it right, though :sneaky2:

No it wasn't too long because they were all driving back to London to go to their own homes apparently.

We got to talk to the band quite a bit that night though which was great. They didn't get mobbed :naughty:

that's nice, I would also love to talk to Luke about his music!!! have u heard any of his? i love it!!! it is so good!:wub2:

That's just based on my personal experiences. There always seem to be more people waiting after and those that do wait seem to be the crazy people who scream their lungs out the second they see an arm pop out of a door.

In Stockholm the security men tried to trick us to leave after the concert. I guess it was good because the horrible teenagers left and at the end there were just about 20 people to meet him. :naughty:

wow i am jealous, only 20 ppl, bet that was nice did he stay and talk for long?

Hi!

i was here too,at brixton,and i don't know why people do that..not from mfc,of course,but i never seen that in my 12' gigs of mika!!!

why mika don't stay for autograph so...?the road is too small for staying,i think like the other hammersmith is better to make a real queue.

Maybe because they all just want to go home. In Shepherd's Bush in May, there were about 8 of us there, and Mika didn't stop, he just went straight to the car, more or less.

Doesn't just have to do with the location. There was also a billion people waiting in Plymouth (but at least they were somewhat well behaved). I think it has a lot to do with how long it takes before he comes out and also with the ammount of MFCers there :blink: If we are a lot of MFCers patiently waiting then others will stick around longer as well and not believe when the security says he already left :sneaky2:

wow i am jealous, only 20 ppl, bet that was nice did he stay and talk for long?

I don't actually know how long he stayed there, because I was one of the first ones in the queue and the security told us to leave after meeting him. But he talked with everyone who wanted it and gave hugs. :wub2:

Maybe because they all just want to go home. In Shepherd's Bush in May, there were about 8 of us there, and Mika didn't stop, he just went straight to the car, more or less.

don't forget the paparazzis :naughty:

as rude as that is about the girls banging on his car, it's just something he's going to have to get used to. the more successful/famous he gets, the more teenies there's gonna be.

He is going to get used to it. By beefing up security and leaving quickly so he doesn't get mobbed. That's the problem. Up until just a few weeks ago he could come out and talk to his fans but it looks like things may be getting too crazy for that.

He should be okay for most venues in North America. I would be surprised if there are any problems in Toronto. But London has already proven to have the potential for things to get out of control.

I never had any hopes of meeting Mika after the gigs first time around in London anyway. I just assumed there would be way too many fans and that he would be busy with friends, family and celebrities because it's his home town.

Not saying it's impossible to meet Mika in London. He did stop and talk to us - for literally 60 seconds. But it's not the ideal place. If you're going to travel a long distance and are determined to meet Mika, it's probably best to choose another city.

Even if he does sign autographs you won't be able to have anything approaching a real conversation with him. Suzy had his undivided attention by special arrangement with his manager and he still only stopped for less than a minute.

I have certainly noticed a tremendous difference in the 3 separate times I've met Mika over the last 10 months. As I've mentioned a couple times before, last March (2007), when he came to Toronto for the first time, at a very small venue - Mika actually walked up to me and 4 others in the queue, to have a chat, before the gig. Can you imagine? :shocked: Those days are gone...