The MFC: What happened here? We need some group therapy

BonjourMika1990

Wow, this thread grew very quickly!!

I have not been here for a very long time but even so I have not joined or formed any cliques. I have not made any friends here. I have been involved and/or poked my head into the majority of the threads here (post whore!) but I feel like I am tolerated.....for want of a better word.

I notice some people here get absolutely fawned over and for the life of me I can't understand why. There are some people who I love reading posts from, I'm not going to name names but there's one or two people in particular that have been around for ages and I respect them and love their posts. Some people here are downright hilarious, and I love that as I have a warped sense of humour.

Everywhere I look I see familiar faces. I feel like I know all these people, we're part of the MFC family. But like in most societies the unpopular people get ignored while the popular ones make friends and feel wanted.

There will always be people fighting with each other wherever you go. It's sad when it happens at the MFC as I am compassionate and I feel badly for the people getting hated on. I have contacted a few people in the past via PM if I notice this just to say 'chin up, don't worry about it'.

I have never been hated on or had anyone say nasty things to me. But I don't have any 'friends' here either :D I hope people like me but if they don't, I really can't do anything about it.

Awww you're so awesome

And you DONT smell like a baby prostitute

Now I KNOW you are igging me :mf_rosetinted:

No, I read your posts but I don't completely understand

And there's no reason that everyone cannot be.

I'm hearing a lot of how other people make some posters feel, but people need to take responsibility for their own feelings. In 99% of cases no one is setting out to make you feel ignored or unwelcome or like you don't belong. You're just internalizing things that have nothing to do with you and making it about yourself.

If someone is too scared to walk into the Australian, Canadian, etc. threads that is their own insecurities talking and it's silly to blame that on other members and expect them to change the way they socialize with one another. I walk into other threads all the time and there are never any problems. The first thing I did in the Aussie thread was call them all a bunch of whores because they were on their 6th thread while the Canadians are still on the first.

This forum and your interactions with others are whatever you want them to be. The onus is not on others to make you feel as if you belong. It's up to you to include yourself in whichever way you want.

I'm always crashing these teen threads because a lot of you are hilarious and I like to hear your points of view because the world is so different from when I was a teen and so are your perspectives. I don't have any illusions that I fit in with your group and it doesn't matter. I've got my own close friendships that have been forged through many, many hours spent off MFC or in semi-private threads and I expect others to have the same.

That doesn't mean we can't all come together and chit chat and exchange ideas on the forum.

I love you:wub2:

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not been here for a very long time but even so I have not joined or formed any cliques. I have not made any friends here. I have been involved and/or poked my head into the majority of the threads here (post whore!) but I feel like I am tolerated.....for want of a better word.

I notice some people here get absolutely fawned over and for the life of me I can't understand why. There are some people who I love reading posts from, I'm not going to name names but there's one or two people in particular that have been around for ages and I respect them and love their posts. Some people here are downright hilarious, and I love that as I have a warped sense of humour.

Everywhere I look I see familiar faces. I feel like I know all these people, we're part of the MFC family. But like in most societies the unpopular people get ignored while the popular ones make friends and feel wanted.

There will always be people fighting with each other wherever you go. It's sad when it happens at the MFC as I am compassionate and I feel badly for the people getting hated on. I have contacted a few people in the past via PM if I notice this just to say 'chin up, don't worry about it'.

I have never been hated on or had anyone say nasty things to me. But I don't have any 'friends' here either :D I hope people like me but if they don't, I really can't do anything about it.

Yeah, I feel the same. I 've been here for a while but I didn't post for months after I joined so I never really got to know anybody or make any friends here. Nobody's ever mean to me or anything but, yeah, I defnately notice the cliques.

And there's no reason that everyone cannot be.

I'm hearing a lot of how other people make some posters feel, but people need to take responsibility for their own feelings. In 99% of cases no one is setting out to make you feel ignored or unwelcome or like you don't belong. You're just internalizing things that have nothing to do with you and making it about yourself.

If someone is too scared to walk into the Australian, Canadian, etc. threads that is their own insecurities talking and it's silly to blame that on other members and expect them to change the way they socialize with one another. I walk into other threads all the time and there are never any problems. The first thing I did in the Aussie thread was call them all a bunch of whores because they were on their 6th thread while the Canadians are still on the first.

This forum and your interactions with others are whatever you want them to be. The onus is not on others to make you feel as if you belong. It's up to you to include yourself in whichever way you want.

I'm always crashing these teen threads because a lot of you are hilarious and I like to hear your points of view because the world is so different from when I was a teen and so are your perspectives. I don't have any illusions that I fit in with your group and it doesn't matter. I've got my own close friendships that have been forged through many, many hours spent off MFC or in semi-private threads and I expect others to have the same.

That doesn't mean we can't all come together and chit chat and exchange ideas on the forum.

Good points. I have to agree with ya.

No, I read your posts but I don't completely understand

Damn, I am really confusing, huh! :lmao:

Well, I do have to say that my point of view and understanding has somewhat changed from the very beggining.... THANKS to some others posts! I see alot more clearly now. I still know what I meant.... and see the issues, yet - I must take responsibilty for part.

Damn, I am really confusing, huh! :lmao:

Well, I do have to say that my point of view and understanding has somewhat changed from the very beggining.... THANKS to some others posts! I see alot more clearly now. I still know what I meant.... and see the issues, yet - I must take responsibilty for part.

Yeah, I love MFC and the people, there isnt one person I despise, or loathe if you will.

Cool! I liked reading that:)

Yeah, I love MFC and the people, there isnt one person I despise, or loathe if you will.

I love everyone here too..... YET, I have to say that I REALLY feel certain people here are STUCK UP so far in the clouds they cannot see the ground! BUT..... then again - I do realise that MUST be the way they ARE 'in real life' so therefore they cannot help it.

We can't all post in all threads anyway...or...okay a few people might be able to manage, but I can barely keep up with the few threads I try to follow :boxed: I'm actually quite happy with a few "home" threads and apart from that just posting if I see an interesting topic, I don't feel the need to be a part of everything that goes on here...Sure there's a lot of inside jokes I miss out on and have to ask about when they're brought up for the 257th time, but then I just ask and either I get an answer or I don't, which probably means it's one of those "you should've been there" things, well I wasn't there, so hey better luck next time :bleh:

I love everyone here too..... YET, I have to say that I REALLY feel certain people here are STUCK UP so far in the clouds they cannot see the ground! BUT..... then again - I do realise that MUST be the way they ARE 'in real life' so therefore they cannot help it.

:lmao:

I hope I'm not one of them :eek:

Well I mean it's pretty self explanatory isn't it?

I think we have issues on here... I think people can be really mean...So that's what I meant...

I'm askin if anyone can relate

I have read some posts and they sound very mean. But I guess we all get to a point where we annoyed others.

I totally agree with you HOLLY. We have lots in here:bleh:

I totally agree with you HOLLY. We have lots in here:bleh:

Yeah.... and you and I feel that way about the same people..... so YOU know it is true!~ I just stay away from the biatches..... THANK GOODNESS there are only like 5 Biatches in the entire MFC!

*people start to rack their brains, WHO is she talking about?*

If any of you have ever had that SNOTTY, BIATCHY feeling.....we are prolly talkin bout the SAME folks!

Yes.

I think for me personally, everyone thought I was a show off after the yearbook. But I was just really proud of it that's all. People in that project thread kept jabbing things into me... and when I defended that book they saw me as really sensative... like I felt like I was the boss and was the only one to get credit...

That's how I felt :thumbdown:

Oh, that made me remember I’m sorry I haven’t told you before how much I love and appreciate the Yearbook.

I got it in my hand a couple of weeks ago and I think it is great!

Good job and thank you!:thumb_yello:

It will be a nice memory of the happy days:wub2: we had when this fan club doesn’t exist any longer!

No I’m just kidding… this club has to be here for ever!:naughty: