The MFC: What happened here? We need some group therapy

BonjourMika1990

I think what Melanie is trying to say - and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong - is that sometimes the MFC feels a bit like a high school cafeteria. Each group has its own table, and sometimes it's a bit nervewracking to try and bring your chips and salad to a table that's full of people who already seem to have a connection with each other, because of the fear you may not be welcome.

As I alluded to in my last post, threads that single members out only add to that.

The only real recommendation I can make is for members to be aware that no matter how "at home" they may feel in a particular thread, there are always going to be other members walking into it - and if at all possible, we should try to welcome people into any and all threads.

The MFC is strikingly different than most forums in terms of how community-based and welcoming it is - I'd really like to see that maintained. :thumb_yello:

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm.

i agree with you Melanie.

Sometimes you can just feel left out and some of the people here don't accept you. Like they're holding something against you.

I've felt that way sometimes.

I hope I've never made anyone feel that way!

Maybe it's coz it's an online forum, and you can take some things the wrong way. I dont know, but sometimes I feel scared of what I write, coz you never know what someone can say to you. We don't know everyone in person and it can just get overwhelming a little bit. I hope im making sense haha.

I love everyone here, but I just wish we could all get together and not be separated into groups. It sometimes feel scary to join in someones conversation. I don't have very many friends on MFC, but I still adore talking to you all. most of the time.

:wink2:

Can i have the truth wand? *takes it*

I feel like some teenagers(none of you that are in this thread right now though) treat me badly here cuz im 12....13 in like a few weeks. mostly it is ppl who are only a freshman.....i just wish ppl wouldnt pay attention to my age.

I think what Melanie is trying to say - and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong - is that sometimes the MFC feels a bit like a high school cafeteria. Each group has its own table, and sometimes it's a bit nervewracking to try and bring your chips and salad to a table that's full of people who already seem to have a connection with each other, because of the fear you may not be welcome.

As I alluded to in my last post, threads that single members out only add to that.

The only real recommendation I can make is for members to be aware that no matter how "at home" they may feel in a particular thread, there are always going to be other members walking into it - and if at all possible, we should try to welcome people into any and all threads.

The MFC is strikingly different than most forums in terms of how community-based and welcoming it is - I'd really like to see that maintained. :thumb_yello:

exactly! i completely completely very much agree!

Singled out?!

bite me, whore!:sneaky2:

*shoves backpack on table*

There's no room for you here.:thumbdown:

Yes, that's what I wanted to say:wink2:

People are very WELCOMING...but that's not the issue in terms of the members who are constantly on here... Sure everyone likes you when you first join...but than they don't because I dunno.

To be honest: Things changed for me...WHEN I DID THE YEARBOOK PROJECT...

Yes, I feel intimidated walking into threads of different countries. (Australian, Canadian, Blablaian.) But that's basically it.

YES YES YES!!!!!

That is what I want us to try and maintain..... that is what makes the MFC so special! We are truly like one BIG family!!!!

I feel like some teenagers(none of you that are in this thread right now though) treat me badly here cuz im 12....13 in like a few weeks. mostly it is ppl who are only a freshman.....i just wish ppl wouldnt pay attention to my age.

Ah, the age thing. Yeah, that seems to happen pretty much everywhere.

I hadn't even noticed your age yet. ^^

or a middle school cafeteria

EMOS+rejects(my table, there is a side of the table for each of us)

the people who wish they were popular

preppy boys

preppy girls

couples

druggies

loser boys

heavy metal freaks

semi-popular girls

the whole popular crowd(the highest crowd u can be in!)

the kiss ups

*takes truth wand back*

I don't judge you based on your age. The only people who's age really matters on here, to me, are the 12 year olds who are very hard to understand. lots of this:

lol kk so meeka is liek so hot n i dnt no y he wd be g*y! lolz i knt evin brng m.self 2 saythat word.

But you don't type like a bumblehead, so I can tell you right now, I don't judge you based on your age.:wink2:

AGE is just a number!

Alright, I have the truth wand.

Hilary, I only told Hollis your haircut was hideous because I'm jealous that I don't have your perfect highlights and my split ends are showing.

And sorry for calling you a slut. That was sort of uncalled for, even if you did totally like MACK on James in the parking lot after volleyball.

*passes truth wand*

:shocked::tears::sneaky2::roftl:

*takes wand*

*sniff*

that's okay, Sarie.

I'm sorry that I broke some of Hollis's glassware, and blamed it on you.

And...

i'm sorry about that time you got diarrhea in Barnes and Noble and I laughed at you, and I'm sorry I repeated it now. XD

i love mean girls. :naughty:

*passes wand*

Ah, the age thing. Yeah, that seems to happen pretty much everywhere.

I hadn't even noticed your age yet. ^^

yay!

*takes truth wand back*

I don't judge you based on your age. The only people who's age really matters on here, to me, are the 12 year olds who are very hard to understand. lots of this:

lol kk so meeka is liek so hot n i dnt no y he wd be g*y! lolz i knt evin brng m.self 2 saythat word.

But you don't type like a bumblehead, so I can tell you right now, I don't judge you based on your age.:wink2:

THANKS!

AGE is just a number!

i know!!!!!

*passes wand*

*takes wand*

Remember that time you were in that tent on the beach, and you'd peed yourself after too many flirtinis, and I promised I'd stand guard while Jenna went to get you that fresh pair of panties?

well I might have left to go talk to Derek Johnson, and left the flap to the changing tent unattended. that's why everyone has those naked pictures of you.

*wand hand-off*

Singled out?!

bite me, whore!:sneaky2:

*shoves backpack on table*

There's no room for you here.:thumbdown:

You. Me. Bike racks. After school. :mf_rosetinted:

To be honest: Things changed for me...WHEN I DID THE YEARBOOK PROJECT...

So the issue you have is not problems with established members and new members, but cliques among established members that appear to exclude other established members?

And, how do you feel things changed after the yearbook?

Guys - I have a date at a sushi restauarant, (zomg dynamite rolls!) so I'm outta here. Keep chatting, but please be nice - this is one of "those" threads that has the potential to get a bit ugly, and no one wants that. :thumb_yello:

:shocked::tears::sneaky2::roftl:

*takes wand*

*sniff*

that's okay, Sarie.

I'm sorry that I broke some of Hollis's glassware, and blamed it on you.

And...

i'm sorry about that time you got diarrhea in Barnes and Noble and I laughed at you, and I'm sorry I repeated it now. XD

i love mean girls. :naughty:

*passes wand*

:roftl:

:naughty:

*takes wand*

Remember that time you were in that tent on the beach, and you'd peed yourself after too many flirtinis, and I promised I'd stand guard while Jenna went to get you that fresh pair of panties?

well I might have left to go talk to Derek Johnson, and left the flap to the changing tent unattended. that's why everyone has those naked pictures of you.

*wand hand-off*

:shocked:

HOW COULD YOU!?!?!? :tears:

ROFL that was just the first name that came to mind, lmao.

I didn't even put two and two together.

That's because you never take my feelings into consideration! *slaps your head with stupid wand*

:sneaky2:

Aww, you know, I was just thinking of you lately Bre. I noticed that I've been thinking "Wicked" or "sick nasty" a lot thanks to you. :roftl:

You. Me. Bike racks. After school. :mf_rosetinted:

So the issue you have is not problems with established members and new members, but cliques among established members that appear to exclude other established members?

And, how do you feel things changed after the yearbook?

Guys - I have a date at a sushi restauarant, (zomg dynamite rolls!) so I'm outta here. Keep chatting, but please be nice - this is one of "those" threads that has the potential to get a bit ugly, and no one wants that. :thumb_yello:

Yes.

I think for me personally, everyone thought I was a show off after the yearbook. But I was just really proud of it that's all. People in that project thread kept jabbing things into me... and when I defended that book they saw me as really sensative... like I felt like I was the boss and was the only one to get credit...

That's how I felt :thumbdown: