Concert Feedback for Mika - please be constructive

zoots14

Flowers: Not a problem if you are further back espec at Brixton, you could see Mika just fine. Don't crowd at the front so much guys!

Stage Invasion: A little interesting for me as an audience member, but purely because I know a lot of you. I can't imagine t would be interesting otherwise, at least, not for me. Annoying more like, because you can't see so much of Mika.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I totally agree with the idea of those who want to be on stage waiting backstage. Have a comp or something and let the rest of us just enjoy the show from the audience.

This was more meant to go for those selected few that were wanted on stage for special songs, not the mass of people for Lollipop :blink: - imagine 25 fans wating until the very last song backstage :blink:. It's ok if those that want to dance on stage during Lollipop are in the audince - there should just be an appropriate and safe way for everyone to get on stage. :boxed:

If there is just one first-rower who has to get on stage (or two or three) then they should be backstage and wait for their turn like the Lollipop Girls or the Big Girls or the Animals.

Well I didn't mean for it to be hurtful :bleh: and I wasn't talking about anyone in particular being jealous. I was just saying that if people got up on stage that got hurt I don't think they would be complaining as much. I have no idea what happened to other people, but at the concerts I went to it wasn't that bad or serious. I guess bruises have never been very painful to me :blink:

This was more meant to go for those selected few that were wanted on stage for special songs, not the mass of people for Lollipop :blink: - imagine 25 fans wating until the very last song backstage :blink:. It's ok if those that want to dance on stage during Lollipop are in the audince - there should just be an appropriate and safe way for everyone to get on stage. :boxed:

If there is just one first-rower who has to get on stage (or two or three) then they should be backstage and wait for their turn like the Lollipop Girls or the Big Girls or the Animals.

Lol, not quite what I mean. What I mean is he should limit the numbers, say 10 people or whatever. Have those who want to go up submit there names before hand and then select them by a draw or whatever.

I don't think there is a safe way of people from the audience getting up on stage if it's on mass. If you said "queue here after a certain song has finished" then you would still have the pushing issue because people would want to be firast in the queue or whatever.

Maybe I'm just not very inventive in my ideas...answers on a postcard please!

My opinion :thumb_yello: . It was a total chaos on Tuesday - those people got on stage or tried to get on stage over that barrier and it was already dangerous for them. I was lucky that no one behind me decided to jump on stage as well (just a girl quite next to me which was also annoying because she simply didnt have enough space to get over the barrier but tried it anyway and succeeded - I'm not sure how smashed we would have endet if there had been more people trying to get there).

But what bothered me even more was how it all endet on Tuesday - people got on stage and numerous morons jumped on him and hugged him, not letting go of him again, and he was dragged backstage and the show was over. Finito. Just like that. I was totally scared when I saw them do that and I don't want to know how he felt, suddenly having a bunch of people jumping on him :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: .

The show on Tuesday was GREAT but this end gave everything a really bitter taste. I never thought that he would really get people on stage again on Thursday after that disaster (IMO) on Tuesday!!! It all went quite well (for him at least) on Thursday but after all, as nice as it might all be and so on and so on - I don't think it is a good idea. :boxed:

If he wants certain people to be on stage during certain songs, then he should get them backstage BEFORE the show, just like the Lollipop Girls or the Big Girls or the people in animal costumes. They are waiting the whole time for their song backstage and so it should not be a problem for those that are wanted on stage to be there and wait as well instead of getting them over that barrier during the gig. Among many other things, this creates far too much jealousy and anger. :blink:

he made the decision though to let people up on stage though and he should've known that his fans would go well.. crazy lol

he made the decision though to let people up on stage though and he should've known that his fans would go well.. crazy lol

Yeah it's not the first time it's happened so he knew what he was letting himself in for. He's big enough to fend off a couple of little starstruck girlies. :naughty:

Oh no Rose! I thought you promised you were going to do it this time if you got the chance? Thursday looked like a lot of fun and you could have hidden behind Sylvester the Cat if you were feeling shy. :naughty:

I was initially going to, but when it came to it, I bottled out.

And where I was stood at the front on Mikeys side I got pushed up hard against the barrier, so I couldn't get over anyway. And it was pretty worrying for a few minutes, I wasn't sure if the people behind me were going to ease back. Luckily, during the middle of Lollipop, they did, but you don't know that when you're shoved up against a big metal barrier, with nowhere to move to.

Luckily, during the middle of Lollipop, they did, but you don't know that when you're shoved up against a big metal barrier, with nowhere to move to.

Yes people experience these things differently so I can understand where the fear comes from. I mean if I was in a tube station and something like that happened I'd probably be terrified and possibly start to panic if it went on too long.

But I've been to so many concerts, many of them far crazier than a Mika show, that I don't fear getting badly injured, especially with the security they have at London venues. Also for me, when something happens like Mika jumping down from the stage, the surge of adrenaline is such that I don't even care what's going on around me. I try to keep my wits about me enough so I dont' fall over or hurt someone else, but I get more caught up in the crowd's reaction than fear it.

For someone like Sienna who doesn't know if she can handle that kind of thing, it's probably best to just hang back and save yourself the potential trauma.

Yes people experience these things differently so I can understand where the fear comes from. I mean if I was in a tube station and something like that happened I'd probably be terrified and possibly start to panic if it went on too long.

But I've been to so many concerts, many of them far crazier than a Mika show, that I don't fear getting badly injured, especially with the security they have at London venues. Also for me, when something happens like Mika jumping down from the stage, the surge of adrenaline is such that I don't even care what's going on around me. I try to keep my wits about me enough so I dont' fall over or hurt someone else, but I get more caught up in the crowd's reaction than fear it.

For someone like Sienna who doesn't know if she can handle that kind of thing, it's probably best to just hang back and save yourself the potential trauma.

Absolutely!

Better safe than sorry!:wink2:

And I can assure you: The Mika Love:wub2: reaches far longer than just the front row!

maybe someone was pulling him down:naughty:

:roftl: :roftl: Ay Greta!!

My opinion . It was a total chaos on Tuesday - those people got on stage or tried to get on stage over that barrier and it was already dangerous for them. I was lucky that no one behind me decided to jump on stage as well (just a girl quite next to me which was also annoying because she simply didnt have enough space to get over the barrier but tried it anyway and succeeded - I'm not sure how smashed we would have endet if there had been more people trying to get there).

But what bothered me even more was how it all endet on Tuesday - people got on stage and numerous morons jumped on him and hugged him, not letting go of him again, and he was dragged backstage and the show was over. Finito. Just like that. I was totally scared when I saw them do that and I don't want to know how he felt, suddenly having a bunch of people jumping on him.

The show on Tuesday was GREAT but this end gave everything a really bitter taste. I never thought that he would really get people on stage again on Thursday after that disaster (IMO) on Tuesday!!! It all went quite well (for him at least) on Thursday but after all, as nice as it might all be and so on and so on - I don't think it is a good idea.

If he wants certain people to be on stage during certain songs, then he should get them backstage BEFORE the show, just like the Lollipop Girls or the Big Girls or the people in animal costumes. They are waiting the whole time for their song backstage and so it should not be a problem for those that are wanted on stage to be there and wait as well instead of getting them over that barrier during the gig. Among many other things, this creates far too much jealousy and anger.

I agree; I don't think it's a great idea having people just jump up there indiscriminately, as it's all down to luck and how the people who are there on that particular night are going to act.

It may work out and nobody gets hurt, or people can go nuts and then what...

The best solution IMO is to do what you said: have them backstage waiting,like the LG's, and that's it. That would remove all the problems.

I think people going up on stage was a GREAT idea! It gave those people the f***ing times of their lives! What a high it must have been to get up in front of all those people and Mika's great to want to share the experience with his fans!! I think the people that got hurt trying to get up there are just jealous .It's not like anyone got seriously injured. I really think those people compaining are just babies pretty much. Wow a bruise... must have been really dramatic for you

I'm not concerned about the safety of those who get up there, but rather of those who get crushed at the barriers.

And I really, really, think that you should have thought twice before writing your post.

I also think that they should stick to the LG solution. Pick people who are craving for a stage experience in advance, get them backstage until they have their turn and prevent the rest of the audience from being trampled down. From what I have heard there were indeed quite a lot of people at the shows in question who were standing in front yet were not desperate to jump up there.

I didn't really notice that Mika was grabbed and hugged by random people on stage at the Tuesday gig, but reading about it I'm not very surprised that this happened. The more I wonder why they encouraged it on Thursday. Maybe being grabbed by the mob is much less of a brain breaking experience than standing in a crowd, having pictures taken after a show

Ditto

:roftl: :roftl:

But the Thursday show went so well...I think all that's required is advance planning. The audience and security needs to be 100% prepared for what is about to happen and there won't be any serious problems.

For the people who do want to participate, there's less panic if everyone is prepared to go and I found on both nights people were civilized. The people behind you try to help you over so that they can take your place and get up themselves. They've got nothing to gain by trying to knock you down or squash you into the barrier.

If you are not fit to deal with this kind of crowd activity you really shouldn't be at the front of a large general admission Mika show. Even if he doesn't pull people up there's no predicting what's going to happen if you've got several thousand people behind you and a barrier in front.

Mika never came off the stage or pulled anyone up in Toronto but we were constantly being crushed. The barrier even started shift sideways beneath us before the show started. We got into an argument with security before the doors opened because they tried to let a woman who was 5 months pregnant in ahead of us. I can only imagine how uncomfortable and scary it must have been for her during the show and I'd be surprised if she wasn't forced to leave the front anyway.

If you're not in any shape to queue up and make the dash into the venue, you're not in any shape to stand in the front row IMO.

I honestly think that the fact that nothing bad happened in Brixton was just down to pure luck. It just depends on who you happen to be standing in front of, as you can see by the fact that many of us who were standing in different areas of the front row, had totally different experiences,just because of how those behind us behaved.

The problem is, nobody can predict that, hence why I think it's best to be careful.

Toronto was nuts from the start like you said, and it would have been total craziness f he'd done it. I have no doubt that we would have been VERY seriously injured, the way things had gone during the gig:thumbdown: .

And to finish, here a pic of when the Mikster jumped off stage in Doncaster in November, to land right "on top" of moi:

l_4b26e8fab537929d32715a8a88ca0c38.jpg

i wanted to start one of these threads for a long time. thanks for starting it.

okay critism (constructive)

1. ya, the trash can drumming...its sorta getting old. im sorry.

2. maybe saranayde could tone it down a bit, i love her to death, but i think her dancing is a bit distracting at times, if she is going to perform let her sing or something.

3. maybe change your lines a bit because i notice you make the same noises/ comments during most of your shows meeks!

otherwise, mika is simply amazing in concerts!

My opinion :thumb_yello: . It was a total chaos on Tuesday - those people got on stage or tried to get on stage over that barrier and it was already dangerous for them. I was lucky that no one behind me decided to jump on stage as well (just a girl quite next to me which was also annoying because she simply didnt have enough space to get over the barrier but tried it anyway and succeeded

i hope that wasn't me... :blush-anim-cl: i agree with you, it was really mad on tuesday (and to christine, ok, maybe some of you knew that it would happen, but i didn't - neither on tuesday nor on thursday), and i felt totally foolish afterwards. when i realized the chance to go on stage, my brain just stopped working, although normally i tend to first think and then act, but in this case it was the other way round. :boxed: i never would've stormed towards mika on stage though, and i also don't think i'd have tried to get to the front from 2nd/3rd row, at least not without asking people politely to let me through, if they didn't want to get up.

on thursday though, it was a lot better, like i mentioned in my last post a few pages back

what about the barrier on the left & right side of the stage? Was there the possibility to get out of the gap again without climbing? (How did the people get back anyway?)

on thursday when we got down from the stage, security told us to go left/right to the side, and there the barrier was open, so we could get back into the crowd.

Well I didn't mean for it to be hurtful :bleh: and I wasn't talking about anyone in particular being jealous. I was just saying that if people got up on stage that got hurt I don't think they would be complaining as much. I have no idea what happened to other people, but at the concerts I went to it wasn't that bad or serious. I guess bruises have never been very painful to me :blink:

you're right in a way, but i wouldn't say to people they behave like babies, just because they experience such situations in a different way. it's not about stage invasions, but about concerts in general - sometimes it's just mad and people are pushing... for me personally i'm not happy with it, but i can handle it. but i know that especially people who are smaller or of slighter build than me, might have a really big problem with it.

i also have to say though, that if a concert was totally hell for me if i was at the front and getting pushed, i would go back or ask security to pull me out. it's not good and not fair of course, but if i hear someone say "i felt like dying", i'm thinking "well, seems like you would've preferred that to giving up your place?". :blink: except for the rare situations where security is so bad, that you wouldn't have a chance to get pulled out, and people are pushing so badly that you're like in a vice and can't even go backwards. i've only had this situation once in my life though (and i've been to dozens if not hundreds of concerts), while queuing at a venue which had a huge steel fence at the entrance and people were squashed against it so they could hardly breathe and with no chance of going anywhere. usually though you have normal barriers and enough security guards who can pull you out of the crowd if you don't feel well.

so ideally, if they do the stage invasion, they should have a lot of security guards (i think there were more in london during lollipop than during the rest of the show), some taking care of those who want to get on stage, and some taking care of the crowd, looking if anyone wants to get pulled out because they get squashed. then i don't think it would be a problem. or, like someone (petra?) said, the queuing at the side where the barrier is open would also be an option.

2. maybe saranayde could tone it down a bit, i love her to death, but i think her dancing is a bit distracting at times, if she is going to perform let her sing or something.

3. maybe change your lines a bit because i notice you make the same noises/ comments during most of your shows meeks!

Yeah. I agree.

1.But i love the trash can drumming:wub2: :naughty:

2. Agree, I mean, like the NRJ awards.

3. Yeah, always the same story of Big girl/Billy Brown/Grace Kelly and stuff...getting a bit boring.

And about people letting on stage during Lollipop, I don't know if that was a good idea. At least, not that much people

hi i was at Brixton on the 28th & i was front row but far right of Mikey in front of the massive speakers! Anyway after the support act were on some of the security were talking about Big Girl & fans getting up etc, they were prepared but i could not hear what they were actually saying, they were saying when to get ready for it & the exit to the gate which was just along from me!

Anyway when BG started & fans were going up onto the stage a girl (about 4 people away from me) went over the barrier, slipped with her stomach on the barrier & then went head first down & landed with a real bump. It looked like she had hit her face (but i'm not 100%) but she landed on her arm awkward, she ended up sitting the other side of the barrier looking up at the stage holding her arm watching BG. I don't think she was from the MFC but i have wondered if she was ok because she really took a tumble:thumbdown: After seeing this i decided to stay put :shocked: my hubby helped a few girls over as he is tall & they looked like they had the time of their life :thumb_yello: but for me personally i would never of made that barrier (only 5ft!) it was very high! It will be interesting to see what happens at future events.

• 4 weeks later...

The only thing that I was sad about was that he didn't perform "Over My Shoulder". Every other song on the cd was performed, I was hoping for that one. Its amazing!! Either way, it was the concert of my life!!!!

Sorry if that has been mentioned. I have dial-up and no time to go over 20 pages. :)

1.I think this is the most exciting part of the show, my personal POV.

2. After seeing Saranayde live, i changed my mind on her, she basically most of the time standing in the back singing, maybe in award shows she get specific instructions on how to move around the stage etc.

3. Totally agree to that although i didn't took note of those stories, mostly been in shock that i was actually seeing him live. :naughty:

Like someone mantioned, i think letting ppl from the crowd on stage is not a good idea, it provokes some major pushing towards the barrier and some can get hurt. Understandable why he does that, it is like the epic ending to the gig, but still i think it's not the best idea.

1.I think this is the most exciting part of the show, my personal POV.

2. After seeing Saranayde live, i changed my mind on her, she basically most of the time standing in the back singing, maybe in award shows she get specific instructions on how to move around the stage etc.

3. Totally agree to that although i didn't took note of those stories, mostly been in shock that i was actually seeing him live. :naughty:

Like someone mantioned, i think letting ppl from the crowd on stage is not a good idea, it provokes some major pushing towards the barrier and some can get hurt. Understandable why he does that, it is like the epic ending to the gig, but still i think it's not the best idea.

Yes, about the stage thing. If someone gets hurt, Mika, you'll get sued, simple as that! Plus, Mika, you would never forgive yourself if someone got seriously hurt. So please stop this, before people expect it and barge on the stage anyway.

Yes, about the stage thing. If someone gets hurt, Mika, you'll get sued, simple as that! Plus, Mika, you would never forgive yourself if someone got seriously hurt. So please stop this, before people expect it and barge on the stage anyway.

Not only that but if it continues one day MIKA could get hurt. And that is a scary thought! When you just start letting random people jump on stage - you never know WHO is up there... right by Mika! *you have to think of these things* it is not a nice world.... and not everyone lives in Cartoon Motion, Mika!

And if a fan was fatally trampled at your show, you would never be able to live with that! Don't think it could not happen - cause it has happened before! And after what I experienced in NYC during Lollipop......I know first hand if things don't stop SOON someone is really gonna pay the price!

It is a great idea in theory!!! I love how considerate Mika is of his fans - but when executed the plan is a big mess that leaves bruises and sometimes scars.

Not only that but if it continues one day MIKA could get hurt. And that is a scary thought! When you just start letting random people jump on stage - you never know WHO is up there... right by Mika! *you have to think of these things* it is not a nice world.... and not everyone lives in Cartoon Motion, Mika!

And if a fan was fatally trampled at your show, you would never be able to live with that! Don't think it could not happen - cause it has happened before! And after what I experienced in NYC during Lollipop......I know first hand if things don't stop SOON someone is really gonna pay the price!

It is a great idea in theory!!! I love how considerate Mika is of his fans - but when executed the plan is a big mess that leaves bruises and sometimes scars.

This is true, and if Mika has been getting death threats, he shouldn't let it ruin his life, but he SHOULD at least take some precautions. Letting people get onto the stage is asking for trouble on so many levels, not least because one of those weirdos COULD use it as a chance to get near enough to Mika to hurt him.

Mika, we know you let us on stage with you, because you love and appreciate us. But we love and appreciate YOU, and want to keep you with us, so look after yourself and your fans by stopping this NOW!!

People have access to Mika everywhere he goes if they wanted to attack him. There's no particular danger to him when people come on stage, particularly when he's surrounded by other fans, his own security team and a dozen venue security.

People have access to Mika everywhere he goes if they wanted to attack him. There's no particular danger to him when people come on stage, particularly when he's surrounded by other fans, his own security team and a dozen venue security.

But the Brixton Tuesday did not end well anyway. (IMO) I would have been scared to death if I had been Mika. Yes, I know he let people on stage again on Thursday so he probably wasn't as scared as I was that night (or as I would have been had I been in his place) but anyway.

He just needs to stop letting people jump on stage PERIOD! :mf_rosetinted:

I like the way he has pulled some fans up on stage as individuals (Sara and co to carry the LOVE letters at Birmingham last May, Holy Johnny during the song and Lauren in Doncaster during Lollipop because she was in that fab monkey costume!) in a controlled way. It's the general free for all that has caused the problems imo.

And I totally agree with the danger to Mika. As Christine said he is in potential danger anywhere but I think that it could be worse in this circumstance. I've come across some quite scary fans, it would only take one to hurt him. In London when Mika didn't hang around there were some angry fans, whilst most people would never dream of harming him it only takes some small perceived slight to turn an obessed fan into a dangerous fan.

I like the way he has pulled some fans up on stage as individuals (Sara and co to carry the LOVE letters at Birmingham last May, Holy Johnny during the song and Lauren in Doncaster during Lollipop because she was in that fab monkey costume!) in a controlled way. It's the general free for all that has caused the problems imo.

And I totally agree with the danger to Mika. As Christine said he is in potential danger anywhere but I think that it could be worse in this circumstance. I've come across some quite scary fans, it would only take one to hurt him. In London when Mika didn't hang around there were some angry fans, whilst most people would never dream of harming him it only takes some small perceived slight to turn an obessed fan into a dangerous fan.

I absolutely dislike that getting-individuals-up-on-stage. If he wants certain people on stage then he should GET THEM BACKSTAGE like the Lollipop Girls or the Big Girls. So Holy Johnny or others that are dressed up as characters should either simply stay in their right place in the audience ("right" meaning: their place in the audience they should have gotten according to the TIME they arrived at the venue which means NOT letting them in earlier simply because they are dressed up as characters from LiCM or newer songs. FULL STOP.) OR be backstage, wait for "their" song, then get on stage and then get backstage again and wait for the ending of the show. It's as simple as that.

Getting random people on stage will ALWAYS only cause jealousy and anger among those that are/were not let on stage (with random people I mean MFCers or non-MFCers from the queue or from the first rows, not those friends/hired people that get their dresses from Mika's team and then get on stage during their songs).

And, as I am already complaining: according to some reviews there were really people that STROKED Mika or tried to do so and then were happy that they had been able to touch him. He is NOT a pet!!!! He is a real person! Getting people on stage cannot only be a dangerous business but.. I don't know how to call it but I hope you know what I mean. *shakes head*

I absolutely dislike that getting-individuals-up-on-stage. If he wants certain people on stage then he should GET THEM BACKSTAGE like the Lollipop Girls or the Big Girls. So Holy Johnny or others that are dressed up as characters should either simply stay in their right place in the audience ("right" meaning: their place in the audience they should have gotten according to the TIME they arrived at the venue which means NOT letting them in earlier simply because they are dressed up as characters from LiCM or newer songs. FULL STOP.) OR be backstage, wait for "their" song, then get on stage and then get backstage again and wait for the ending of the show. It's as simple as that.

Getting random people on stage will ALWAYS only cause jealousy and anger among those that are/were not let on stage (with random people I mean MFCers or non-MFCers from the queue or from the first rows, not those friends/hired people that get their dresses from Mika's team and then get on stage during their songs).

And, as I am already complaining: according to some reviews there were really people that STROKED Mika or tried to do so and then were happy that they had been able to touch him. He is NOT a pet!!!! He is a real person! Getting people on stage cannot only be a dangerous business but.. I don't know how to call it but I hope you know what I mean. *shakes head*

I can see your point of view but I don't see how that would work. For example Lauren didn't know she was going to get pulled up on stage, it was a decision by Mika when he saw her in the crowd, how could they have had her backstage? Pull her out from the queue outside? But then that wouldn't be Mika's decision really, would it? (sorry thinking outloud to myself there) and would it be fair to someone to miss the rest of the show that they have paid to see?

Also I have never heard of anyone being let in early because of them being dressed up! When has that ever happened?

Personally I have never been envious of other people getting pulled up on stage (the only people I've seen being pulled up were from the MFC tho!) I've just been really pleased for them, but guess that hoping that everyone feels that way is unrealistic!

But I think that perhaps after the problems this has cause it would be safer for everyone not to pull people up from the audience from here on.