The Appleman : The Return of the Jedi (part 3)

Yoppappop

Welcome back, girls :) You were missed!!!

Yop, I've read your posts, thank you. I can't even imagine what it would have been like...the whole situation is so strange.

Off to read Kata's blog now!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i know i'm seen as mean (even if i'm not, and people start to think about it thanks to your nice comments) but i would have much more motivation to solve a problem (if problem there is) with a member that contacts me directly to ask for explanations (NICELY :wink2: ) than with a member than directly runs to mommy's skirts and sends a mod to my nice a*s with inuendo threats of warnings/bans... it's a question of adult behaviour and respect in my opinion...

so people : as i said in my gargantua (giant) post(s), i never ate anyone through messages/PMs and always reply to whatever is sent to me ; if you think one of my post is litigious/offensive/mean/directed at you/needs to be more developped/WHATEVER, send me a message (i know i disabled the PMs function, but it's against what i'm saying right now so i'll reactivate it asking for email notifications) and we'll clear things up together. and you'll be happy (i hope) to see that :

- it was a joke

- it was a general statement and not directed at you personally

- it was not directed at you but someone else (then i'm waiting for the person it was directed at's PM :naughty: )

- it was directed at you and i'll detail the why of the post in private with you. and if you think it's still offensive or not justified, we'll go through mods :thumb_yello: or if i realize i made a mistake or misunderstood one of your points, then i will say it ! and apologize... maybe... :biggrin2:

i'm glad you'll point that to the other mods cause it should really be step 1, for everyone's sanity :naughty: let's be a bit adult ! (even if i know more and more members are yougnlings... but if adult members were already acting as adults, then it would help a lot).

PS : you can't say i'm not trying to help things out, now !!! :bleh:

Hi!

So I finally made it through the pages full of drama and was afraid in the middle that I might be the only apple left in the end. Fortunately you're all more or less back. Thanks a lot for your long posts Yop. I'm still slightly confused but it was nice to get to know your perspective. I really hope that things will be handle better in the future.

As for myself, I'm still sitting at home with my nasty cold and trying to write my paper which was due on Friday. My cat is fine. She started to be on head (?) about one day after I got her. What fun! Now she's rolling all over the floor waiting for another cat to make her happy :blink: . I told her no one would come but she won't listen. I guess I'll have her caponised in a week or so.

I wish you all a lovely evening. I have to get back to work. See you!

Hi!

So I finally made it through the pages full of drama and was afraid in the middle that I might be the only apple left in the end. Fortunately you're all more or less back. Thanks a lot for your long posts Yop. I'm still slightly confused but it was nice to get to know your perspective. I really hope that things will be handle better in the future.

As for myself, I'm still sitting at home with my nasty cold and trying to write my paper which was due on Friday. My cat is fine. She started to be on head (?) about one day after I got her. What fun! Now she's rolling all over the floor waiting for another cat to make her happy :blink: . I told her no one would come but she won't listen. I guess I'll have her caponised in a week or so.

Glad to hear your cat is fine and survives the catip drug!

What's her name again?

shall we pick the lucky winner of the let's-get-banned contest? :blink:

Will they win a t-shirt and not have it delivered? :yay:

Hi all.

The last week or so hasn't been pretty - I don't think anyone would particularly disagree with that.

I want everyone to know that we truly are working on revamping MFC guidelines, policies and procedures. I think until this point the forum has been run a bit subjectively, with almost everything handled on a case-by-case basis. That worked, at first - clearly, that's not working so well now.

That's not fair to you guys - how can anyone attempt to stay within the "rules" if they don't know exactly what the rules are?

Please understand that there's something of a learning curve involved with moderating a community like this one - especially since the MFC is such a dynamic place. As MFC grows and changes, how we manage it needs to change accordingly, in order to keep it from turning into something of a battleground.

There's been some tension lately, but try to bear in mind that ultimately, we all want the same thing - the MFC to be a relatively pleasant place to spend time online, interacting with like-minded people. (By "pleasant" I mean "not full of constant drama", not "devoid of any negative sentiments whatsoever.")

So yes, we will be creating a new set of guidelines in the near future which will better spell out how things will be run on MFC. I ask that you realize that these rules will be "going forward", and may not directly apply to past situations. The goal is to avoid ever having a situation in the future where a member is banned/given an infraction and doesn't understand why. And if anyone takes issue with any particular guideline or policy, we'll be totally open to hearing suggestions for improvement.

Obviously I can't comment on the guidelines until I see them but I'm glad to know that the mods recognise that there are problems with the current system and are trying to fix them, especially on the matter of subjective decisions which may result in (what I view as) unfair consequences.

Hi!

Hi Haasje!!

It was so nice to spend some time with you in London, you're a great gig companion:punk:.

Good luck with the cat:thumb_yello:

This should be re-named the Applecat thread! Damn buncha cat ladies... :naughty:

Wendi, Tigger is adorable! I'm so sorry he's missing, that's awful! I hope he turns up soon. Is he an independent type of cat?

Sariflor, I know you never told the others that they should not post, but I had exchanged PMs about the situation with some mods who told me that babs, Kata, etc, shouldn't go on with their posts in the afterparty thread because it was making innocent people like you feel bad.

--Jack

Oh Lord, I'm sorry Wendy!

I hope he's found another home!

I know my white cat, Grizzy belonged to someone else but she just wanted to live with me. I couldn't get her out of my house, so when I came to move I put a letter in her collar with my phone no on it and shooed her out as much as I could, the note was never removed from the collar, and no one ever rang me, so I just took her with me when I moved. We had a good 7 or 8 years together.

My boss's cat went missing too and was gone for months and one day he was driving up his street and saw what he thought was his cat in the window of another house. Sure enough it was his cat - decided to live elsewhere!

I hope Tigger is fine and happy somewhere!

The problem is that cats do go walkabout and the only option is not to let them out at all, which isn't fair if they are used to going outdoors. What can you do?

This should be re-named the Applecat thread! Damn buncha cat ladies... :naughty:

Wendi, Tigger is adorable! I'm so sorry he's missing, that's awful! I hope he turns up soon. Is he an independent type of cat?

--Jack

He is quite independent - but used to stay our for a few nights at most!

Its been almost 3 months now - and although we live in countryside,

there are foxes and badgers that could get him!!

Oh Lord, I'm sorry Wendy!

I hope he's found another home!

I know my white cat, Grizzy belonged to someone else but she just wanted to live with me. I couldn't get her out of my house, so when I came to move I put a letter in her collar with my phone no on it and shooed her out as much as I could, the note was never removed from the collar, and no one ever rang me, so I just took her with me when I moved. We had a good 7 or 8 years together.

My boss's cat went missing too and was gone for months and one day he was driving up his street and saw what he thought was his cat in the window of another house. Sure enough it was his cat - decided to live elsewhere!

I hope Tigger is fine and happy somewhere!

The problem is that cats do go walkabout and the only option is not to let them out at all, which isn't fair if they are used to going outdoors. What can you do?

My black cat Treacle went missing for a year. He had moved in with

two old ladies about 5 miles away! I think he took the huff because I had

just had his "bits" cut off!! They found out, from my bank manager,

that he was my cat, and they brought him back - and he has never left

again!! I asked the old ladies if they had Tigger - but no-one has seen him!! :(

He is quite independent - but used to stay our for a few nights at most!

Its been almost 3 months now - and although we live in countryside,

there are foxes and badgers that could get him!!

I don't know about badgers but I had a friendly fox and I wanted to feed it but was worried about my cats. I found a good foxy website that answered a lot of questions and it said there that it is very unusual for a fox to attack a cat - too much like hard work. If they did, it was usually because the cat was getting close/hanging around baby foxes or sometimes a fox may take a cat that was a road kill.

This seemed to be true for my fox, my cats just used to look at it, and it used to ignore them. One day the fox came into the garden, under the fence, the little cat from across the way followed him in and two of my cats already in the garden just continued grooming themselves occasionaly casting disinterested glances towards the fox, who enjoyed the food I had left for him.

I think I need to get a puddy tat....but apples are a lot less maintenance for my home and I can eat them. I don't eat puddies. :naughty:

Happy to read good news about Haeschen's cat. :thumb_yello:

Sorry to read awful news about Wendi's....:(

Aw Wendi, I hope you see him again one day.

I had a cat go missing once and had to move 3,000 miles away a few weeks later. It haunted me for a long time that he wouldn't be able to find me if he did come home. :tears:

My current cats are suckybabies. They never leave the house.

Aw Wendi, I hope you see him again one day.

I had a cat go missing once and had to move 3,000 miles away a few weeks later. It haunted me for a long time that he wouldn't be able to find me if he did come home. :tears:

My current cats are suckybabies. They never leave the house.

We moved 150 miles - and I went into hospital 3 days later.

My Jack Russell, Lass, disappeared at that time. The vet reckoned

she made her way back to where we had moved from as she must

have thought I had gone back. Never saw her again!!

We moved 150 miles - and I went into hospital 3 days later.

My Jack Russell, Lass, disappeared at that time. The vet reckoned

she made her way back to where we had moved from as she must

have thought I had gone back. Never saw her again!!

:blink:*Gasp* - You lost a doggy too?! That's so sad.

I already won that prize.:mf_rosetinted:

oh yeah !! :yay:

but i already got that too... they should change a bit... maybe with the official status !!! :yay:

Maybe they should mix it up a bit and offer something new to not get delievered? :yay:

I've never even had a cat. :fisch:

But I'm sorry to hear that Tigger is missing, Wendi. I hope that he eventually comes back but if not I hope he's found another home.