The Appleman : The Return of the Jedi (part 3)

Yoppappop

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are the ones showing respect where it counts - by distributing his videos, supporting his live shows, keeping a respectful distance when others are banging on his car, shoving pens in his face and clinging to him mercilessly.

Some people recognize this obvious truth and that's why they like the people who frequent this thread - not because they want to see a forum full of cynics and horrible people.

I was just thinking this last night as I was explaining the drama to closetmikafan.

Many MFCers at that December gig were DISGUSTED with that mob behaviour:thumbdown: Why, I wonder, is that any different from the aversion to the disrespectful behaviour shown at the AFTERPARTY? :blink:

As important as it is to have proper conduct on this internet forum, even more important when we represent MFC in real life - especially at a Mika gig! Our behaviour in those real life circumstances where we are representing MFC should be exemplary.

I would say congratulations for finding away to relieve the recent pressure on you if I didn't think it a real loss for the MFC. I guess you did what you felt you needed to, and that's fair enough. "Welcome back"?

Thanks Scut...

I hope to become a real asset to the Apples...

*practices being sarcastic*

Oh, and I hope the Apples will support my new venture... you'll see soon :wink2:...

*practices being sarcastic*

You don't have to be sarcastic or nasty all the time or any time. Not all Apples are like this:

apple-bite-lg.jpg

You can be like this too if you'd like:

Candyapple.jpg

But most of all ...you should just be yourself! :thumb_yello:

We like diversity around here. We like all kinds of Apples.

IMG_0510.jpgIMG_0509.jpg

Many MFCers at that December gig were DISGUSTED with that mob behaviour:thumbdown: Why, I wonder, is that any different from the aversion to the disrespectful behaviour shown at the AFTERPARTY? :blink:

I think if you're in the middle of it you don't see what's really happening because you're too carried away by the excitement of it all. I'll be the first to admit that if I had been standing next to Mika when he finished his speech and got a chance to talk to him and get a photo, etc., my perception of the whole evening would have been very different.

I probably would have been basking in the afterglow, drinking champagne in a corner somewhere and not paying much attention to the mob that was surrounding him.

That's why I think it needs to be discussed so everyone can examine what happened and why so that if they ever find themselves in a room with him again they can be conscious of their own behaviour and the behaviour of the people around them.

I understand why Mika didn't get Icey to start pulling people away from him, but it would have been nice if some of the fans who were inside the crowd had quietly asked everyone around Mika to give him a little breathing room and respect his wishes to take a break.

Icey seems pretty damn useless if you ask me... from what I've read, he did sweet bugger all...

But I guess almost anyone who was in that position would have done the same thing... me, I'd be standing in a corner, part of me hoping he stays away from me, part wanting to walk over and talk to him...

Seems I have this problem when Mika's around, means I have to remind myself to breathe :naughty:..

I think if you're in the middle of it you don't see what's really happening because you're too carried away by the excitement of it all.

Yes of course! Makes me wonder if I was ever oblivious to other's while I got his attention in my first few Mika encounters. Which is why I want to emphasize that we are not to make people feel guilty about their amazing experiences.:original:

I think if you're in the middle of it you don't see what's really happening because you're too carried away by the excitement of it all. I'll be the first to admit that if I had been standing next to Mika when he finished his speech and got a chance to talk to him and get a photo, etc., my perception of the whole evening would have been very different.

I probably would have been basking in the afterglow, drinking champagne in a corner somewhere and not paying much attention to the mob that was surrounding him.

That's why I think it needs to be discussed so everyone can examine what happened and why so that if they ever find themselves in a room with him again they can be conscious of their own behaviour and the behaviour of the people around them.

I understand why Mika didn't get Icey to start pulling people away from him, but it would have been nice if some of the fans who were inside the crowd had quietly asked everyone around Mika to give him a little breathing room and respect his wishes to take a break.

at one point I tried to, but as you said, it's difficoult for people who don't know you like friends to pay attention at what you're trying to explain{without yelling}...gosh i was like in a rugby scrum :boxed:

when individual reason and coscience fail, it would be better if the security guy had put some barrier to keep ppl aside, because I didn't see any difference from that "after party" to the after-gig crowded signin moments

You are quite right Christine, what you are describing sounds just like July in Tokyo when I got my few minutes back stage, and we were subsequently allowed to hang around while Mika signed stuff for the 100 or so fans lined up. I was standing right behind him the whole time he signed, at a respectful distance, but that was exactly what I felt. RESPECTFUL. I had had my few minutes, it was easy to let other have theirs, and let Mika have his space. It isn't that hard to keep the inner 14 y.o. fangirl under control. :mf_rosetinted:

Icey seems pretty damn useless if you ask me... from what I've read, he did sweet bugger all...

But I guess almost anyone who was in that position would have done the same thing... me, I'd be standing in a corner, part of me hoping he stays away from me, part wanting to walk over and talk to him...

Seems I have this problem when Mika's around, means I have to remind myself to breathe :naughty:..

ow you can't know that, he was in his usual stand-by state ready to react in case of real danger:cool:

You are quite right Christine, what you are describing sounds just like July in Tokyo when I got my few minutes back stage, and we were subsequently allowed to hang around while Mika signed stuff for the 100 or so fans lined up. I was standing right behind him the whole time he signed, at a respectful distance, but that was exactly what I felt. RESPECTFUL. I had had my few minutes, it was easy to let other have theirs, and let Mika have his space. It isn't that hard to keep the inner 14 y.o. fangirl under control. :mf_rosetinted:

We have been discussing this on the aussie thread as well. Most of you may have seen the video Nico & I shot when we met Mika before the Syd show, and it was great- we each had a turn and politely listened and let everyone have their minute or two. It was even more subdued when we went backstage, I think we were in shellshock still. We have made a pact that when (IF???) Mika returns to Oz and we have a similar opportunity we will pull away anyone who gets too in his face and spoils it for everyone else. I know that dealing with a dozen or so fans (it was actually about 8 of us!) is a hell of lot different to 100 odd people but hopefully the theory would remain

I've never wanted to talk to Mika, but it was just so casual it seemed like the perfect opportunity. I would probably be in can't-breathe-mode in a one-on-one conversation because I don't have anything in particular I want to say. But if he'd been allowed to walk around the room and had a little banter with the Apples and Jennie and Laura it would have been awesome. I was really looking forward to it - not hoping he would stay away at all.

because I didn't see any difference from that "after party" to the after-gig crowded signin moments

:thumbdown: That is the tragedy of it all. They were talking again yesterday about us whingers in the after party thread who should just be grateful that we were in the same room as Mika. That infuriates me because they've missed the point entirely.

I am disappointed that I didn't get a chance to interact with Mika, but the only reason I'm angry is because of the appalling behaviour of other fans and the fact that everyone who wasn't at this party is never going to get a chance to speak to him under those circumstances either.

I think you're right that if he ever has an event like this they will need to put up barriers or some other form of crowd control. Mika tolerated it this one night because it was the start of a long break but it's not something he can subject himself to on a regular basis while he's touring. It's just too exhausting, especially after the show he had just performed.

Some people recognize this obvious truth and that's why they like the people who frequent this thread - not because they want to see a forum full of cynics and horrible people.

Yes this is so true and it’s far more interesting to read when people actually has something to say, well formulated and in an intelligent and humoristic way. That is why I keep coming back to the apple thread.:wink2:

And Christine…I find it very important that you are giving your (and mine and so many others) experience with the after party a voice.

I think you are describing what happen in serious and adequate way, for example when you said there were three kind of people in the room and so on….

Yes that was exactly what it was, although I couldn’t see it then, to me the room was just full of shouting people and I saw Mikas hair sticking up from the crowd from time to time.

Ooooooh!!! I wanna have fangs!

I can't really do sweet and innocent... if you'd read my fics you'll soon see that I'm quite dirty... all thanks to my equally dirty RL friends...

That's a lot of fruit...

Hehe, love’em, just love em!:wub2::naughty:

ow you can't know that, he was in his usual stand-by state ready to react in case of real danger:cool:

Oh whoops... my mistake :naughty:

We have been discussing this on the aussie thread as well. Most of you may have seen the video Nico & I shot when we met Mika before the Syd show, and it was great- we each had a turn and politely listened and let everyone have their minute or two. It was even more subdued when we went backstage, I think we were in shellshock still. We have made a pact that when (IF???) Mika returns to Oz and we have a similar opportunity we will pull away anyone who gets too in his face and spoils it for everyone else. I know that dealing with a dozen or so fans (it was actually about 8 of us!) is a hell of lot different to 100 odd people but hopefully the theory would remain

Oh yes... I've gotta ask him about the pic, so I'll need to get over being nervous...

I've never wanted to talk to Mika, but it was just so casual it seemed like the perfect opportunity. I would probably be in can't-breathe-mode in a one-on-one conversation because I don't have anything in particular I want to say. But if he'd been allowed to walk around the room and had a little banter with the Apples and Jennie and Laura it would have been awesome. I was really looking forward to it - not hoping he would stay away at all.

My thing is... I'm actually quite shy... so meeting new people isn't great fun for me...

Yes this is so true and it’s far more interesting to read when people actually has something to say, well formulated and in an intelligent and humoristic way. That is why I keep coming back to the apple thread.:wink2:

And Christine…I find it very important that you are giving your (and mine and so many others) experience with the after party a voice.

I think you are describing what happen in serious and adequate way, for example when you said there were three kind of people in the room and so on….

Yes that was exactly what it was, although I couldn’t see it then, to me the room was just full of shouting people and I saw Mikas hair sticking up from the crowd from time to time.

3 kind of ppl in da room...the assaulters, the besieget and the protectors?:naughty:

I imagine the protectors are armed with baseball bats so they can beat away the assaulters? :naughty:

:fisch: Imagine all the people

Living life in peace...

ok I admit at one point I wish i would have some giant lollipop balloon to smash in some girls face:sneaky2:

that would be funny :lmao:

:fisch: Imagine all the people

Living life in peace...

ok I admit at one point I wish i would have some giant lollipop balloon to smash in some girls face:sneaky2:

that would be funny :lmao:

Oh yes...

*arms self with giant lollipop to hit fangirls with*

I've been having evil thoughts today... like how to make my ex sister in law uncomfortable... which I succeeded at...

Congrats to me, been here for a year. But where am I today? The same place where I were before. Feeling sad and lonely .. I need summmer! To lie halfly naked on the beach! Maybe I should start doing some drugs.. Like, LSD!

Bla bla bla.

The whole banning thing seems stupid/childish to me. I don't remember a number of incidents where Kata, Yop and Cynthia has acted badly. But I guess you're done discussing this.

I didn't have a birthday thread :thumbdown:

I have the worlds bestests cherry bag.

Im so gonna get wasted tonight.

Tea time. Elton John. Yellow goose.

Lill Babs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLfs6Ji9mVI

Congrats to me, been here for a year. But where am I today? The same place where I were before. Feeling sad and lonely .. I need summmer! To lie halfly naked on the beach! Maybe I should start doing some drugs.. Like, LSD!

Bla bla bla.

The whole banning thing seems stupid/childish to me. I don't remember a number of incidents where Kata, Yop and Cynthia has acted badly. But I guess you're done discussing this.

I didn't have a birthday thread :thumbdown:

I have the worlds bestests cherry bag.

Im so gonna get wasted tonight.

Tea time. Elton John. Yellow goose.

congratulationsbluerainda3.gif

What a junkie ends up looking like.

drugs.jpg

jlvn736l.jpg

Whatever's got you down right now will pass.

When's your birthday? Today?

congratulationsbluerainda3.gif

What a junkie ends up looking like.

drugs.jpg

jlvn736l.jpg

Whatever's got you down right now will pass.

When's your birthday? Today?

Love the cartoons.. And the afterpicture is awesome! Looking good!

I guess it's the weather. I need some sweet lovin' and sunshine! Thank printer there's a beach very near me!

It was back in the middle of February :naughty:

But but but...!!!:

fractal-digital-art-print-psychedelic-self-print-WEBartgallery.jpg