The Appleman : The Return of the Jedi (part 3)

Yoppappop

MIKA in the band sense:mf_rosetinted:

Of course, that :lmao: It's always the band, although I have never heard of people choosing their hotel as near to Saranayde's or Mikey's houses as possible :bleh: (until now)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome back Kata and Yop...

The regular posters in this thread like Mika a lot. We don't fly to other countries and queue up for 14 hours because we've got nothing better to do.

Here I was thinking you did it cause you like spending insane amounts of mone to wait in line for hours... :mf_rosetinted:

Hey Yop,. Good to see you finally got your side across.

It's been a hot topic on here and MSN for the last week.

Another problem around the MFC is some people complain that their post was ignored. Honestly, some people write so much about nothing sometimes that I can't help but move on to the next post due to personal disinterest. And sometimes a post was made hours earlier and seems pointless to quote it. And off-topic complaints. Sometimes people go way off for pages and that's annoying, but a few posts means nothing. But yes people do complain about these things. I don't understand attention seeking people. I've never been one. I've known plenty however and I don't play their game. It's immature.

I just think there needs to be a clear line about what complaints could warrant banning. There's too much grey area. No wonder we're tip-toeing.

I, too, don't talk about Mika much anymore. I rarely venture into the Chat about Mika section. The chat I do get involved in is all selfishly about when will he tour here. The Chat about Mika section seems to be filled with declarations of Lust.. Yes, Lust - not love.. with a few rare declarations of respect and admiration.

I'm not into public displays of affection on the internet. It's tacky. IMO.

And I certainly don't believe that being a fan should equal unconditional love.

Anyway, that's long enough or someone might miss my post and I'll be forced to complain about it :mf_rosetinted:

*ignores Kelzy's post*

None in this thread, but there are a few around MFC. And that's fine, because that's who they are and who am I to tell them not to be like that.. I just don't understand it.. and never will.

I'm ok with friendly affection. But to declare undying love is something that makes me gag.. I'm sure Mika doesn't love us. He's probably just very appreciative, curious and a little bewildered by us. He might think some of us are awesome. People he's met and felt comfortable talking to..

And, of course, ones that have flown around the world to be at a concert. :wink2:

Then there's people like me, completely unknown by him. :thumb_yello:

Excuse me... he loves me... He just doesn't know it yet...

Was interesting to read Yop :mf_rosetinted:

If anyone should want my version of the events in London then you can read my novel on myspace. If anyone want my version of the ban, then you can ask Niki the oracle, as she seems to know a lot more about me than I do...and Im evidently not entiteled to an opinion anyway.

Cant really keep myself for having one anyway, so I will probably still throw it in everywhere...

Erm... I don't have you on MySpace... any chance of a link? Please? *begs*

Yup, this is definitely the place for you then! :thumb_yello: And I'd be really glad to have you join us; you know I like what you have to say a lot, I think I've PMed you several times way back in the summer and such... I've seen that you weren't posting a lot since and had wondered why.

Well, I could see how someone might be upset by that anyway, but I do have to say that if this counts towards Yop's "pattern of behavior" then GhostsInTheRadio should be banned by now too, since she engages in the same type of teasing. She's often made snarky remarks to and about me, for instance, but hey! She's just having fun, I don't consider it "abusive" when she makes fun of me... usually I think it's funny, if anything, I can joke back too, or choose to ignore it, since it's all harmless in the end really. If I got upset any time someone got a bit stroppy or snarky with me I'd just be going around the forum constantly offended, which would be silly.

I'm also amused that there were people who posted stuff that was much worse than Yop recently, in the afterparty thread, and they were not banned. I was told it was because they "apologized" but they did not do so on all counts, and anyway, after the apology they went on posting the same stuff in different form. I suppose the mods did not receive enough "complaints" to ban them, although I talked to some people and all of them were really offended and upset by that member's posts. Why didn't we complain? Well, we may be annoyed and even offended, but we don't really feel like bothering to whine to the mods or ban that member, we consider that we can either deal with it or talk to the member about it on our own.

--Jack

Good point about GITR...

I just finished reading your posts, Yop. I know that it was something that you felt that you needed to do for yourself but I still want to say thank you for presenting your point of view to us, due to the insufficient explanations presented by the mod team I've been forced to assume many things and I'm glad to get some of them if not all of them cleared up. I hope that the whole mod team reads Yop's post very carefully as she has raised some issues outside the matter of the bannings which also need to be considered seriously.

In light of the new information I still believe that the mods handled the banning situation inappropriately (now with the fact that non-mod members were involved in the discussion of the bannings also added). Perhaps the mods disagree, or perhaps they agree and can't say so in order to maintain their "united front" which we have been patronisingly told to trust somewhat unconditionally. I really do hope that it's not the latter although if it is the former it still means that the mods do not follow what I view to be fair practices.

(Btw, I'm not saying this to denigrate the mods, I'm merely stating the fact that I honestly disagree with their recent actions. But the fact that I even have to consider adding this disclaimer is sad.)

I also agree with much of what Babs, Jack, Kelzy and kk448 have posted above, but I won't repeat it all again.

I had to assume a lot... was certainly an interesting few posts Yop...

I agree with them too...

I had to assume a lot... was certainly an interesting few posts Yop...

If the other mods themselves had to assume things then that says a lot about how the situation was (mis)handled...

Though it seems Mika knows where Australia is, he just uses that part of the atlas to wipe his arse with... :sneaky2:

I like it. You can print your petition on a map of Oz and tell him to wipe is arse with it. :naughty:

Of course, that :lmao: It's always the band, although I have never heard of people choosing their hotel as near to Saranayde's or Mikey's houses as possible :bleh: (until now)

it's just cause it's not known where they live :mf_rosetinted: yet :mf_rosetinted:

I am so in the back of beyond. been very little on forum and on the net generally since back home. when on, basically posted like 2 posts in the london threads and in the bday thread, to keep up as people pm for info. what's going on here..? banning? :shocked:

*ignores Kelzy's post*

*complains*

Excuse me... he loves me... He just doesn't know it yet...

Dream on Loser:mf_rosetinted:

I like it. You can print your petition on a map of Oz and tell him to wipe is arse with it. :naughty:

*plants hidden camera in parcel*

ok, now I sorta catched up with yop's situation reading her posts. still have not got the kata's sit (I haven't got her my space), but i suppose I'll get to read it at some point.

everyone's entitled to an opinion, but I strongly disagree about the statement of you being unfriendly in london. you were nice to me and I was glad to finally meet ya in person.

I agree about what you wrote over john. all the way.

things changed for real here on forum, after the london gigs and not necessarily after the afterparty. I have been away from the net for days, firstly cause I was there and then cause once home, I have been head over heels in RL. I'm not liking what i found once back, here on forum I mean, but that doesn't necessarily mean forum's to keep up with my expectations. at the moment, it pretty much doesn't. I'm sticking to where I have smt to say and leave the rest for a moment.

I do am sorry everything turned out to be such a mess. :boxed:

Hmmm...What can I say? In all honestly, my head hurts.

I'll try and express myself as clearly as I can, but I hope that nobody gets offended by this post- I'm just trying to be as honest about it as possible.

Thank you Yop and Kata for posting your versions of the events (or lack of) leading to the bans, as it's always good to hear the perspectives of those affected by things.

I honestly don't know what to say. I feel totally confused, and a bit "in the middle" of things, as things have become way too personal for me now and it's making it hard.

There are some people who I have in great esteem who are mods, and others who are "apples". I can see bits on different people's stories that I agree with, and in general I just feel really crappy about the nasty turn that things have taken.

I'm not sure that I totally understand the situation in the first place, as I still don't have a clear picture of what has happened. It all just seems a mess.

As a general idea, maybe this is just a wake-up call, saying that this forum now needs to take a more "professional" turn?

Ie, do what VS suggested and have mods/admins who are totally external, impartial, and not Mika fans at all...with a very clear set of rules, policies,etc...

Perhaps it's all a bit too amateurish right now, and that is why we're starting to see the cracks in the system?

I might make a total fool out of myself, but which Nicole are you talking about?

You, sweetie, I was looking at who was online and saw you were reading this thread. We don't see enough of you anymore and so I thought I would just say hi! You're always welcome in here! :wink2:

You, sweetie, I was looking at who was online and saw you were reading this thread. We don't see enough of you anymore and so I thought I would just say hi! You're always welcome in here! :wink2:

Thanks, that's nice of you. Hi back at you as well. :thumb_yello:

I guessed that you noticed me lurking around here. That's all I do lately. I don't see the point in running around different threads and typing my fingers off like I did in the early days. I'm getting old and bitter. :naughty:

Thanks, that's nice of you. Hi back at you as well. :thumb_yello:

I guessed that you noticed me lurking around here. That's all I do lately. I don't see the point in running around different threads and typing my fingers off like I did in the early days. I'm getting old and bitter. :naughty:

:naughty: Try being my age. :boxed:

Yeah, Kata and yoppa need to get banned more often, all of the lurkers come out and talk to us! I kinda like that!

Well, get them banned again.:roftl:

I have posted on here a few times - but like to keep a low profile! :naughty:

I know,I just found it funny to say:bleh:

I will one day. And if I'll be half as normal as you, then I can consider myself lucky. :naughty:

And Hi to everyone else here as well. I didn't mean to butt in.

That's what I think about all you young whipper-snappers. One day you will be as old as me. :naughty: Unfortunately by that time, I will be even older. :wink2:

Shouldn't complain really, because the alternative isn't nice to contemplate. :blink:

I will one day. And if I'll be half as normal as you, then I can consider myself lucky. :naughty:

And Hi to everyone else here as well. I didn't mean to butt in.

Hi Nicole, nice to meet you, I don't think we've spoken before. Even though you're a far "older" member than I am, LOL!!

I'm also a bit of a lurker in this thread- every now and then I will post, but I don't qualify as a "regular" I don't think.:mf_rosetinted: But I can do the sunglasses icon really well!

That's what I think about all you young whipper-snappers. One day you will be as old as me. :naughty: Unfortunately by that time, I will be even older. :wink2:

Shouldn't complain really, because the alternative isn't nice to contemplate. :blink:

At least you don't have to do any nasty school stuff anymore.

I can't say that unfortunately, since I have been reading a really lovely book all weekend. Everyone has about 16 names and 24 nicknames, but the best part is when they start doing unreal things like flying. Too bad the fact that I will have a test on it isn't that unreal.