The Appleman : The Return of the Jedi (part 3)

Yoppappop

Hi Nicole, nice to meet you, I don't think we've spoken before. Even though you're a far "older" member than I am, LOL!!

I'm also a bit of a lurker in this thread- every now and then I will post, but I don't qualify as a "regular" I don't think.:mf_rosetinted: But I can do the sunglasses icon really well!

Hi, nice to meet you too. I know that we haven't spoken, but my lurker skills are surprisingly good, so don't ever think you are one of the blessed unlurked ones. :naughty:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At least you don't have to do any nasty school stuff anymore.

I can't say that unfortunately, since I have been reading a really lovely book all weekend. Everyone has about 16 names and 24 nicknames, but the best part is when they start doing unreal things like flying. Too bad the fact that I will have a test on it isn't that unreal.

I have so many books here at home to read, I really should join the library instead of keep buying them. I'm just going to start 'The Life and Times of The Thunderbolt Kid' by Bill Bryson.

Hi Nicole, nice to meet you, I don't think we've spoken before. Even though you're a far "older" member than I am, LOL!!

I could say the same thing. Hi, Nicole, I don't think we've spoken before either? But any friend of Babs gets a cool-by-association stamp.

I have so many books here at home to read, I really should join the library instead of keep buying them. I'm just going to start 'The Life and Times of The Thunderbolt Kid' by Bill Bryson.

I just looked it up on Google and it seemed to be rather interesting. Too bad I didn't buy any more English books in November, cause our library seems to get updated every other century.

I could say the same thing. Hi, Nicole, I don't think we've spoken before either? But any friend of Babs gets a cool-by-association stamp.

Hi, you're right, we haven't spoken before.

And thanks for the stamp, I'll stick it on my forehead.

Speaking of which, have any of you seen: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13180? It's a tribute to the rose-tinted glasses. :mf_rosetinted:

A bit of an art form, huh?

Hi, nice to meet you too. I know that we haven't spoken, but my lurker skills are surprisingly good, so don't ever think you are one of the blessed unlurked ones. :naughty:

:roftl: :roftl:

I have the same problem. I stopped buying them but now have tons that I don't have space for. Sigh.

Maybe we should organise an MFC second hand book sale?

It's nice to meet you, Nicole. :original:

So who volunteers to get banned next? It's a great opportunity for the rest of us to make new friends. :mf_rosetinted:

And with that I'll say good night.

Guten Nacht

ha ha... good to see that my posts are still there ! :naughty::fisch:

And everybody's welcome ! Apples for everyone... I would have got banned earlier if i knew it would bring up such interesting things... The thing is i don't even know if i can do it again, since i don't know what i did the first time ! :boxed: :boxed:

ha ha... good to see that my posts are still there ! :naughty::fisch:

And everybody's welcome ! Apples for everyone... I would have got banned earlier if i knew it would bring up such interesting things... The thing is i don't even know if i can do it again, since i don't know what i did the first time ! :boxed: :boxed:

I just read all of your looong posts, and can't really find a reason for them to be deleted. :naughty: Well, ecxept from the fact that my head is hurting now!

Welcome back Yoppapop, Kata and Babs!

You were missed.

Kata, I’ve read your blogg…and what is there to say, that is what happened in the after party.

Sad but true.:emot-sad:

Yoppapop, thank you for trying to describe why you got banned, even if it still is quite a mystery to most of us.

I’ve been here for a long time and most of the times when people get banned I understand why or at least have some clue about it. But not this time. That is why I kept asking questions about it.

And please come back from time to time, you are a highly appreciated member of this forum, and I don’t think I’m the only one feeling like that.

It would be empty without you.

It was great to finally meet you in real life and I will for sure ask someone about your e-mail address.:thumb_yello:

Welcome back Yoppapop, Kata and Babs!

You were missed.

Kata, I’ve read your blogg…and what is there to say, that is what happened in the after party.

Sad but true.:emot-sad:

Yoppapop, thank you for trying to describe why you got banned, even if it still is quite a mystery to most of us.

I’ve been here for a long time and most of the times when people get banned I understand why or at least have some clue about it. But not this time. That is why I kept asking questions about it.

And please come back from time to time, you are a highly appreciated member of this forum, and I don’t think I’m the only one feeling like that.

It would be empty without you.

It was great to finally meet you in real life and I will for sure ask someone about your e-mail address.:thumb_yello:

i was not trying to explain why i got banned actually, i was actually putting in light the absurd of the situation from my point of view :wink2:

ooooo who can get banned?? A new game?

I can't think of anything offensive enough to say....:mf_rosetinted:

Boo. I lose.

Same here. I don't think I could muster up the courage to post anything ban-worthy. I'm such a wimp. :thumbdown:

Hi all.

The last week or so hasn't been pretty - I don't think anyone would particularly disagree with that.

I want everyone to know that we truly are working on revamping MFC guidelines, policies and procedures. I think until this point the forum has been run a bit subjectively, with almost everything handled on a case-by-case basis. That worked, at first - clearly, that's not working so well now.

That's not fair to you guys - how can anyone attempt to stay within the "rules" if they don't know exactly what the rules are?

Please understand that there's something of a learning curve involved with moderating a community like this one - especially since the MFC is such a dynamic place. As MFC grows and changes, how we manage it needs to change accordingly, in order to keep it from turning into something of a battleground.

There's been some tension lately, but try to bear in mind that ultimately, we all want the same thing - the MFC to be a relatively pleasant place to spend time online, interacting with like-minded people. (By "pleasant" I mean "not full of constant drama", not "devoid of any negative sentiments whatsoever.")

So yes, we will be creating a new set of guidelines in the near future which will better spell out how things will be run on MFC. I ask that you realize that these rules will be "going forward", and may not directly apply to past situations. The goal is to avoid ever having a situation in the future where a member is banned/given an infraction and doesn't understand why. And if anyone takes issue with any particular guideline or policy, we'll be totally open to hearing suggestions for improvement.

On a lighter note, I saw this and thought of you guys:

newton-virus-objectsq.jpg

Hi all.

The last week or so hasn't been pretty - I don't think anyone would particularly disagree with that.

I want everyone to know that we truly are working on revamping MFC guidelines, policies and procedures. I think until this point the forum has been run a bit subjectively, with almost everything handled on a case-by-case basis. That worked, at first - clearly, that's not working so well now.

That's not fair to you guys - how can anyone attempt to stay within the "rules" if they don't know exactly what the rules are?

Please understand that there's something of a learning curve involved with moderating a community like this one - especially since the MFC is such a dynamic place. As MFC grows and changes, how we manage it needs to change accordingly, in order to keep it from turning into something of a battleground.

There's been some tension lately, but try to bear in mind that ultimately, we all want the same thing - the MFC to be a relatively pleasant place to spend time online, interacting with like-minded people. (By "pleasant" I mean "not full of constant drama", not "devoid of any negative sentiments whatsoever.")

So yes, we will be creating a new set of guidelines in the near future which will better spell out how things will be run on MFC. I ask that you realize that these rules will be "going forward", and may not directly apply to past situations. The goal is to avoid ever having a situation in the future where a member is banned/given an infraction and doesn't understand why. And if anyone takes issue with any particular guideline or policy, we'll be totally open to hearing suggestions for improvement.

On a lighter note, I saw this and thought of you guys:

newton-virus-objectsq.jpg

Errr, yes.........but what kind of an apple is that? :blink:

nice of you lollipop_monkey to keep us updated...

BUT if i may, rules will not change anything, unless they're very general, and if they're "too general", it leads to "open and personal interpretation"... that's very complicated, i know... you would have to add a rule after every single "out of the rules" or forgotten situation (i'm pretty sure that's how it will end up, like some sort of FAQ...). and it will never end...

my idea is that people start thinking a bit more :biggrin2: before they report everything... Meaning : grow up a little bit and stop whinging to a mod after every little thing they think is not appropriate : they should learn to arrange their things on their own and then, if it doesn't work, only then, contact a mod... the offended one contacts the supposed offensive one and ask NICELY for further explanations about the problematic post... and then, if the situation can't be handled in an adult way, they contact the mods...

i'm sure if they started PMing each other to ask NICELY about the problematic posts instead of running straight to the mods who get obviously surrounded (reminds me of something :fisch:) by all these complaints which creates some sort of unnecessary stress and suspicious bans/warnings, things would get better... and i said ASK NICELY about the problematic post...

these are my 2 little cents to the situation... It's more a question of personal interpretation of posts than really offensive posts (when it's not OBVIOUS that it's a direct attack), so it should be arranged by the 2 involved people, not by someone who doesn't know anything about the situation and gets thousands of things to do as a mod...

USB

Undeniably sarcastic buggers!! :mf_rosetinted:

:lmao:

I'm a sucker for these kinda stuff:naughty:

Okay then here's another one :

U ndoubtedly S electively B anned:mf_rosetinted:

And yes, thanks Mana for recognizing the gaps in our system and giving us reassurances to address them... :thumb_yello:

And yes Yop, I agree that it makes sense for members to resolve things directly with another member, first (then go to a Mod if need be). If there is an issue with a post, no other person, not even a mod, can provide the specific interpretation of what you intended to convey.

Errr, yes.........but what kind of an apple is that? :blink:

One with teeth - the best kind. :wink2:

nice of you lollipop_monkey to keep us updated...

BUT if i may, rules will not change anything, unless they're very general, and if they're "too general", it leads to "open and personal interpretation

I agree that Step 1 should be to contact the person a member is offended by directly, before taking it to a mod - and if they other mods agree, we'll make sure that's stated in the guidelines.

It won't fix everything, but I do hope these guidelines will prevent the situation where someone feels "punished" and doesn't understand why. That's the main goal with this. :thumb_yello: