Catching Up with Mika

dcdeb

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you think its coincidence? i'd heard that marc jacobs is a fan of mika. i think he hosted a competition to win mika tickets and a trip to go see him.

so i assumed the mika bag was named after our mika, lol

I remember Michael Kors hosting a competition and stuff in August or something... but anyway I'm just assuming the Marc Jacobs thing is a coincidence simply because the bag isn't so crazy with colors or anything. I could very well be wrong and it could be named after this Mika (because how would I know? :roftl:) , but that's not what my first thought was after seeing it.

that's a great interview for once!! lot of new information!

Well, I need them for my tours and stuff — so yes, it’s pretty big job. But there are other designers that I really do like. A lot of them are women fashion designers that I look at just, you know, as pieces of art. Alexander McQueen I think is phenomenal. I think Jean Paul Gaultier has strokes of genius. I think someone like Hussein Chalayan is really an artist and a creative innovator. I think Marc Jacobs has really capitalized on figuring out what a woman wants to wear; he’s really cornered cool at the moment, if that makes any sense.

that boy has good taste :punk:

I like how he equates some designers creations as art rather than fashion, and how he's not really into the fashion world per se.

And what is that all about going to a club where people do naughty things? And saying the name of the club, is he out of his mind?

The paps will be all over that like flies on s***.

Mika, catch yourself on, don't give them the ammunition.

Gee, he sure keeps up with his designers... :naughty: I didn't know his mother and sisters made his stage clothes, that's pretty cool. And explains a lot--I'd been wondering where one gets satin polka dot jackets.

Well, there is the little place I go to in New York called Lit Bar.

...And everyone’s smoking, and everyone’s doing odd things that you’re not supposed to do in New York City.

I hope you guys know that the stuff everyone's doing at that bar is apparently coke. :fisch:

Lit bar reviews.

"Lit was always a favorite stopping-off point for my friends and I. Sadly, those days are long gone. [...] Now, I have only been there three times in the past year. In those times, I have been severely disappointed with the service (it took me almost 15 minutes to order a stinkin' pint of beer), the DJ's (they never play the classic stuff much anymore and the same new wave-y dance music got on my nerves after five minutes), the clientele (goofy college kids, pseudo-hip idiots and stuck-up, too-cool-for-you girls) and the stupid coke dealers and users (I was approached by these two groups on multiple occasions). One of the last times I went there with my friends (Halloween, 2006), we were pestered by an annoying coke head and one of my friends spewed in the back area. [...] "A place for painters, musicians, writers and performers whose visions are not accepted by the mainstream to hang out and build a community"? Not anymore. It's just a crappy dive catering to people who think they are hipper-than-thou, and they obviously ain't!"

"Lit is truly the worst that New York has to offer. I had just about the worst experience possible on Friday night thanks to Lit's horribly moronic pompous hipster owner Max Brennan. He truly represents everything that has gone wrong with live music and the bar scene in New York City. This guy screwed over a hundred people who were enjoying themselves for no good reason but to massage his own drug-fueled ego. It's the type of place started by a rich kid with daddy's money, who is attmepting to act like a big shot because he got beat up in high school. DO NOT GO HERE. By setting foot in Lit you will immdiately be alligned with the sad wanna be element that has recently run rampant in the East Village."

"lame bar lame owner (max ) a bunch of people who think they're too cool for school bands getting treated like trash , the sound is terrible, and it's quickly becoming a trendy nyu hang out where no one wants to be. they try to play it off like they're a cool punk rock club with good values and ideas, but u can see right through that the second u try to get a drink."

Sooooo.... anyone wanna go hang out there after the Ny concert? :naughty:

--Jack

P.S. The bar got significantly better reviews before 2006, at which point they were mostly all positive. I'm gonna hope Mika frequented the place then rather than now...

Gee, he sure keeps up with his designers... :naughty: I didn't know his mother and sisters made his stage clothes, that's pretty cool. And explains a lot--I'd been wondering where one gets satin polka dot jackets.

I hope you guys know that the stuff everyone's doing at that bar is apparently coke. :fisch:

Greattttttt. :sneaky2:

Mika, you better not be doing drugs or I'll kick your ass! :furious:

I'll stop the fury now :naughty:

thanks deb for posting!

anyway

all this lit bar issue is making me sick.

first, because i'm astonished he's adverting a place where he goes to all the paps world, or fanatics

secondly, for the bad reviews about that place

bah, cannot believe what i see...

good point on designers....mika is helping me discover a world i didn't know.

intelligent interview though

Relax, relax people. :bleh: I'm sure Mika's not snorting lines at that place--he mentioned people smoking there too, and we know he's not a smoker. (And I know I've been at parties where people were doing drugs without doing them myself.) I don't even think he was talking about drugs as the "odd things you're not supposed to do in New York," because, well, drugs are hardly "odd" in NY. :mf_rosetinted: Besides, the reviews were mentioning the coke as a recent thing.

As for paparazzi, well, the place is (like much of East Village currently) on the decline rather than the rise, and any paps who'd want to go there would know about it already, considering its past clientele.

I just thought it was funny that the recent reviews of the place were all so negative.

--Jack

"So there’s going to be no Eau-de-Mika coming soon ?

No way. I would never do something like that. However, I would consider a line of chewing gum. "

The Chew-Chew brand:cool:

Relax, relax people. :bleh: I'm sure Mika's not snorting lines at that place--he mentioned people smoking there too, and we know he's not a smoker.

He is a story-teller, so he might just visit the place to get ideas for his songs... well, that's hope and what I want to believe in, anyway. :cool:

As for paparazzi, well, the place is (like much of East Village currently) on the decline rather than the rise, and any paps who'd want to go there would know about it already

He is not so famous in Y for the paparazzi to be after him, is he..:blink:

He is a story-teller, so he might just visit the place to get ideas for his songs... well, that's hope and what I want to believe in, anyway. :cool:

Or cause he wants to hang out with friends? :wink2:

He is not so famous in Y for the paparazzi to be after him, is he..:blink:

Yeah, Chloe Sevigny is much better known, and she traipses all about New York without anyone bothering her.

--Jack

YESSSSSSS

he is a story teller, i think he can do some stand-up shows...oh...nah.....it's not gd idea...:roftl:

i really like "[Laughs]" is added in most of his interview

i can feel :wub2: :wub2:

Time for a fashion question. Are there certain designers that you love?

Well, I have to say, most of my clothes are designed and made by my mother.

so his whole family is working with him...wow!

gorgenous ...

he really learns many things in different aspect

he can tell u about the music market, fashion, art with the names i dun know.....

:blink:

Eeeewww, it's ugly:shocked:

it's very MIKA i would say....esp pink and yellow color....

it's hard for ppl to handle it well :boxed: