2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA@ Terminal 5 in New York City: 02 Feb

Blue Sky

Ummmm, doubt it. To be honest I had a similar feeling about it in DC, but back then I thought that my failing to get into it as much as I wanted was due to the crowd pushing me and to Mika going over the program fast 'cause he was sick. Neither was true here.

And if rushing from song to song is his usual program, and being leisurely about it and taking his time with the audience is the anomaly, well, all the more reasons for me not to bother. I don't even care how enthusiastic he is while he's doing his race through his setlist, that's not what I most enjoy in a concert.

--Jack

it seems like the concert started and ended atteh same time as all the others :blink:

Why hello ladies.

:)

get back to work on your report :sneaky2::lmfao:

thank you for all these explainations Jack, i totally understand the "rushing mika" possibility, as it was like that the very first time i saw him in paris... at the end i was like : "erm... yes... ??"

Yeah, afterwards I was like, "oh, now I get what Yop was talking about!" Like in Paris, he had great energy and everything, but it was just... oh well.

And by the way, I don't get the feeling that he doesn't like me (he doesn't know me! He has no feelings about me in any way whatsoever, nor should he! :roftl:) but that we just don't click. It's difficult to explain it more than that.

--Jack

Not really, I expect only as much from him as I do from his opening act. :roftl: But yes, I'm picky with the shows I go to. And Mika's shows aren't working for me as well as other shows, so I may stop going. Simple!

I did say that I KNOW everyone else had a great time. Good for them! :thumb_yello: I'm not trying to make THEM stop going to concerts, am I? :naughty: I'm saying Mika's show seems to work, but not for me, so I may as well stop. Mika's a great performer but he's not as audience-focused as I like in general.

No no, first off, it's not that he didn't look at me--honestly, he probably did at some point. I tried to explain, I don't care if musicians actually look at you, but I do care that they give the overall impression that they do.

But I didn't enjoy the show not because he wasn't staring at me the entire time but because his performance seemed entirely perfunctory. He seemed to be doing it in a "ok let's get through this quick and then I'm off to party" mode.

If I said that in Philly, I loved that he elaborated on his song intros and even played around with how he introduces Billy Brown, all we got in NY was "This here's about my mate Billy Brown," and then the song.

He basically didn't talk, he rolled from one song to another soon as he could, and when he did do sing-alongs, he cut them off MUCH faster than in Philly.

--Jack

fair dos. but maybe the whole "intro to songs" is getting as boring as saying what grace kelly is about :roftl: and most of us know what they're about anyway...

interesting question: what did you think of saranayde?

so i was at the concert last night and had an ammmaazing time! last year at the nokia i promised myself i would be front row at the next one and i was!! heres links to the pictures i took!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2007294&id=1376460147&ref=mf

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2007298&id=1376460147

i can't see them :bleh:

Thanks, Hollis. Mika and Andy liked it also.:fisch:

I'm going to start writing my report, I'm uploading some photos now.

I took more photos of the crowd than of Mika, I didn't want to miss anything.

I like pictures of the fans - obviously I love the pics of Mika -

but its great seeing the fans, especially MFC'rs!!! :blush-anim-cl:

Yeah, afterwards I was like, "oh, now I get what Yop was talking about!" Like in Paris, he had great energy and everything, but it was just... oh well.

And by the way, I don't get the feeling that he doesn't like me (he doesn't know me! He has no feelings about me in any way whatsoever, nor should he! :roftl:) but that we just don't click. It's difficult to explain it more than that.

--Jack

i do get you :wub2: it's just something a bit more deep than rather black or white, that or that :mf_rosetinted:

does anyone have any videos at all? :blink: i don't remember seeing any..

My dad took some from where he was at the bar, but I din't because you all know why by now. :naughty: Anyway, his are total, total crap. But I am glad he took them, I'm just not sure anyone will care if I upload them.

Whhhaaaaa? Why? LOL. Yes, he is. He came with my mother, but he doesn't like Mika if that's what you mean. :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

He just got this new ultra-gadgety phone thing he likes to show off.

No, I think Babs was more attracted to your dad's photographic skillz than any Mika fan-ness. :roftl:

so i was at the concert last night and had an ammmaazing time! last year at the nokia i promised myself i would be front row at the next one and i was!! heres links to the pictures i took!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2007294&id=1376460147&ref=mf

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2007298&id=1376460147

I tried both links and they are "unavailable."