2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA@ Terminal 5 in New York City: 02 Feb

Blue Sky

Oh! Midway State- I wasn't too into them. They were really big on the self-promotion, Lol. I was also feeling a bit faint-ish at the beginning of the concert, so pperhaps that's why I didn't really pay much attention to them. But then I had some of my Kashi bar and energy set in just in time for Mika!

they are yummy... but not good for the waistline!!

it's hard to eat "just one":naughty:

i've never been a "just one and i'll stop":naughty: ... and we burn a lot of calories waiting for the shows out in the cold, freezing, dancing and singing loud so , where is the problem? :roftl:

Mika something for us in london too, please. :mf_rosetinted:

and this summer: ice cream...:thumb_yello:

i didn't mind the midway state... but the singer's hair is so curly!

and he bangs his head around, at one point, i thought he was going to hit his keyboard with it lol

hahaha omg YES his hair kept on getting caught on the mic hahahaha they werent the best they didnt really have the same genre as mika but they were still good i thought mika was waaaaaaaaaaay better

And Saranayde- meant to comment on her. I wasn't totally gripped by her before- she seemed a distracting to me on film.

I don't think she was too excessive live. I was on the corner of the little stick-out towards Mikey's side, and she was obviously opposite me, by Luke. The only part that I didn't totally catch onto was when she pointed to her tatas every time he sang, "big bust on" in Love Today. I didn't really see the reason for that. Other than that, I thought she was good and I really liked her voice on particular parts of many of the songs.

meg's indian...(emo elmo1639)

i read your post out loud and she looked at me quickly and was like 'what?!' :roftl:

haha yay! We're one of the few on here

..........did u know Indians lack germs

Uh totally!!!

I wasn't hating on the Indian accent.:wink2: I was just describing the conversation.

Lol...no worries I knew, I just wanted make a joke

Love you girl!

FOBs?

kjoshi...

i meant to tell you that it was great seeing you on here with me tonight

memories....:wink2:

Tootch!!!!!!! Oh yes the memories! So sad I couldn't meet up for another concert! That's okay I'm sure there'll be many more to come!

fresh off the boat (:naughty: :naughty:) people used to call my dad that when he arrived here from Jamaica. so it means like immigrants or something like that...

OH! Yea I know what "fresh off the boat" is, I just never heard it abbreviated before.:naughty:

Lol...yes fresh of the boat...I love FOBs lol

Philly was better.

I think I'm over Mika. :bored:

Loved meeting everyone though.

--Jack

Jack!!! Glad you had fun...really sad I couldn't meet up with you!!!

Lol don't think I'm surprised to here it, hope that doesn't mean you won't come to the next concert! We need to re-live D.C.

Oh my ****ing God.

Last night was the most amazing night of my life. I cried when I woke up this morning just telling my parents everything. Before I start Mika, if you read this...you are my hero in so many ways, i wish there was a less cheesy way to say it, last night was the best night of my life.

So, we got online at 7am and HollyD, chessygoodness and Flinkster were all there SINCE 5 AM! they were all so so sweeet,and it was so nice to meet you all! around 8, thatpinksock and some of her other friends that i don't know there FC name on here were there and for literally hours and hours it was just that group of about 15 of us. Eventually, Mika's management came out, got Alex(cheesygoodness)'s number,and said that they'd try to do something for us and that he'd call her. Also! Jerry let us all know that they're taking over the MFC and making it the official fan club! yaaay! So we waited for a call, the phone rang and it was Jerry,(I think) and he told us that they were working everything out and they would call us back. They called us back to tell us that the group of 15 of us would get to meet him either before the soundcheck, before the gig or after the gig. We all just burst into joy. Maybe like 45-an hour later the little garage thing opened, that was the entrance,and it was jerry just saying hi, and he asked if he could get us all anything to drink, and he said he'd be back. So I wanna say like an hour later-ish, but I really have no idea, but it wasn't a long time before the entrance opened up again, but who was standing there? MIKA! He came out and said hi to all of us and we got to talk with him for about 10 min. ErinsInterpretation and I gave him this necklace of all these keychains that I'll post a picture of later, and seriously guys he LOOOOOOVED IT! He kept saying "this is brilliant!" "wicked!" "****!" it was such a good feeling. The center of the necklace was this shoe keychain that looks like it was made for mika, its a converse with raindow circles on it, and that's what he said "OH ****!" to. haha, he was like where did you get this? and I was like borders! haha, and he giggled and gave this look like, that's so weird. ( He played at borders last march in new york city.) Back in August I gave him the picture caption scrapbook, which I don't think most people knew about, but anyways, I never got to ask what he thought of it, so I did! And he was like, I loved that one,it made me laugh. He said he only keeps the good/important stuff-SCORE! :] Andddddddd, I almost pissed myself, he's working on his gallery and putting stuff like the book and other things fans have made or things that have been made for Mika in it! How nice is that? gah, what else what else....OH! He told us all to jump on stage during lollipop, but to make sure it wasnt gunna be jus two of us because it would be stupid, he wanted all of us to jump on stage. He said they did it the night before in boston and it was really cool. Um, someone asked him what his favorite New York gig was and he said GRAMERCY! That was such a good show, small but amazing. He said that Nokia was too like a broadway show with the way people would cheer and clap hahaha. But, during the show, as he often just looked into the crowd and laughed to himself and smiled and how amazing it was, he let us all know that this was by far his favorite new york gig ever.He kept thanking us.

Anyways..

So the majority of people didn't start showing up online until after 5 o'clock.

And around 630 we all go into single file by the time we got there. The doors opened just after 7, the man removed the baracade, i sprinted to the ticket booth she scanned my ticket, I sprinted down the hallway, before Jerry had even opened the door to the stage, and then I sprinted and got FRONT ROW CENTER! IT was amaaaaaazing, everything I could have ever asked for. There were these Dj's playing as we got in there, and they played for like 30-45min. They never talked to the audience or introduced themselves or anything, it was kinda weird. Then the Midway State came on, and suprisingly they are a lot better live then what I heard on there Myspace. At one point my friend and I looked up and we were like I really think that's perez hilton up there! We knew he would be in new york that day too. We kept looking and looking and told people around us and started screaming "PEREZ!!" and the occassional, "P-NASTY!" He wasn't in like the balcony balcony it's hard to explain there's a part that's kinda like backstage and there's curtains, but you can watch from behind, and Perez waved and then kinda hid and went away haha. Then we kept telling people that we saw him and they kept looking but it was totally different man so they didn't believe us haha. After the midwaystate finished we waited about 45min, everything was going by so quick, usually you feel like you wait forever once you get inside but it wasn't bad at all.....

to be continued

isn't the MFC a bunch of adorably insane kids?:naughty:

Oh my ****ing God.

Last night was the most amazing night of my life. I cried when I woke up this morning just telling my parents everything. Before I start Mika, if you read this...you are my hero in so many ways, i wish there was a less cheesy way to say it, last night was the best night of my life.

So, we got online at 7am and HollyD, chessygoodness and Flinkster were all there SINCE 5 AM! they were all so so sweeet,and it was so nice to meet you all! around 8, thatpinksock and some of her other friends that i don't know there FC name on here were there and for literally hours and hours it was just that group of about 15 of us. Eventually, Mika's management came out, got Alex(cheesygoodness)'s number,and said that they'd try to do something for us and that he'd call her. Also! Jerry let us all know that they're taking over the MFC and making it the official fan club! yaaay! So we waited for a call, the phone rang and it was Jerry,(I think) and he told us that they were working everything out and they would call us back. They called us back to tell us that the group of 15 of us would get to meet him either before the soundcheck, before the gig or after the gig. We all just burst into joy. Maybe like 45-an hour later the little garage thing opened, that was the entrance,and it was jerry just saying hi, and he asked if he could get us all anything to drink, and he said he'd be back. So I wanna say like an hour later-ish, but I really have no idea, but it wasn't a long time before the entrance opened up again, but who was standing there? MIKA! He came out and said hi to all of us and we got to talk with him for about 10 min. ErinsInterpretation and I gave him this necklace of all these keychains that I'll post a picture of later, and seriously guys he LOOOOOOVED IT! He kept saying "this is brilliant!" "wicked!" "****!" it was such a good feeling. The center of the necklace was this shoe keychain that looks like it was made for mika, its a converse with raindow circles on it, and that's what he said "OH ****!" to. haha, he was like where did you get this? and I was like borders! haha, and he giggled and gave this look like, that's so weird. ( He played at borders last march in new york city.) Back in AugustI gave him the picture caption scrapbook, which I don't think most people knew about, but anyways, I never got to ask what he thought of it, so I did! And he was like, I loved that one,it made me laugh. He said he only keeps the good/important stuff-SCORE! :] Andddddddd, I almost pissed myself, he's working on his gallery and putting stuff like the book and other things fans have made or things that have been made for Mika in it! How nice is that? gah, what else what else....OH! He told us all to jump on stage during lollipop, but to make sure it wasnt gunna be jus two of us because it would be stupid, he wanted all of us to jump on stage. He said they did it the night before in boston and it was really cool. Um, someone asked him what his favorite New York gig was and he said GRAMERCY! That was such a good show, small but amazing. He said that Nokia was too like a broadway show with the way people would cheer and clap hahaha. But, during the show, as he often just looked into the crowd and laughed to himself and smiled and how amazing it was, he let us all know that this was by far his favorite new york gig ever.He kept thanking us.

Anyways..

So the majority of people didn't start showing up online until after 5 o'clock.

And around 630 we all go into single file by the time we got there. The doors opened just after 7, the man removed the baracade, i sprinted to the ticket booth she scanned my ticket, I sprinted down the hallway, before Jerry had even opened the door to the stage, and then I sprinted and got FRONT ROW CENTER! IT was amaaaaaazing, everything I could have ever asked for. There were these Dj's playing as we got in there, and they played for like 30-45min. They never talked to the audience or introduced themselves or anything, it was kinda weird. Then the Midway State came on, and suprisingly they are a lot better live then what I heard on there Myspace. At one point my friend and I looked up and we were like I really think that's perez hilton up there! We knew he would be in new york that day too. We kept looking and looking and told people around us and started screaming "PEREZ!!" and the occassional, "P-NASTY!" He wasn't in like the balcony balcony it's hard to explain there's a part that's kinda like backstage and there's curtains, but you can watch from behind, and Perez waved and then kinda hid and went away haha. Then we kept telling people that we saw him and they kept looking but it was totally different man so they didn't believe us haha. After the midwaystate finished we waited about 45min, everything was going by so quick, usually you feel like you wait forever once you get inside but it wasn't bad at all.....

to be continued

Oh no I have to go to bed, but I stayed up till 1am to get all the reports from last night. I will check back for the continuation in the morning, but LLM that sounds so amazing. I knew you were there at 5am (see first post on first page!!) You crazy lot!:wub2:

I have just read the WHOLE of the thread and jus want to thank everyone for their reports and pics. All I can say is...wow!!! It sounds like it was an amazing gig, and all these reviews are getting me so excited about London. 22 days to go!!! WOO!!!

:wub2:

Hang on, I was sure to have read everything, yet I missed this gallery thing...what is that about? Anyone care to explain?:boxed:

You will have to get Jackie (lovelove_mika) to elaborate, but Mika told her something about a gallery he is making for all of the fan gifts and stuff that he gets. :)

Oh I don't know if the gallery is specifically for the fan stuff. Sounds like he might be doing a gallery for his own purposes and including some fan things in it.

Ah, ok. I think you're right, now that I've reread what Jackie wrote. Thanks for the clarification. :thumb_yello:

Oh, I'm sorry guys, I didn't realize it was that unclear.

But what he said to me is that he's in the process of redoing his gallery and there will be a SECTION for fan stuff, and stuff made for him.

Haha, now I get it! I'm just tired and I must be having trouble reading everything! :bleh: