2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA@ Terminal 5 in New York City: 02 Feb

Blue Sky

:shocked: Did he actually SAY that Christine ??!!! Where ... when ..... (sorry for not being able to read everything at once :naughty::wink2: ) ???!!! :roftl:

i actually have a video of him telling us to jump the stage, i'll put it here asap!

god, i still can't believe he pulled me up first!

i actually have a video of him telling us to jump the stage, i'll put it here asap!

haha i remeber us discussing us telling the security guards he wanted us to do that if they tried to stop us during the show lol

i really cant wait untill someone uploads vdieos of lollipop on to youtube

not sure he spent a big part of the DAY with them today :naughty: :naughty:

choices : hungover / exhausted after last night party...

What??? Are you implying that Mika drinks???:shocked:

:roftl: :roftl:

You know, I REALLY like this idea of Mika+the fans plotting against the security guys, LOL!!

:shocked: i wish i was you! i can not WAIT to see the video :wub2:

i just gone done reading the reports.. i'm exhausted!!! :shocked::naughty: i got 100 pictures from just this one concert to look at.. thank you all soooo much for typing those reports!!!

maybe he'll ask people in chicago to jump on stage to :naughty:

More reports since yesterday.... This is so good. It just sounds amazing, all that happened before the show and the gig itself, celebrity spotting, getting autograps after.... I walk around my RL here with my head permanently filled with things from the MFC. I can't believe there is still so much of the tour left to go and how many more awesome things can happen!

From the best concert of your life to over him in 48 hours? That must be a record.

Philly wasn't the "best concert of my life," it was the best one I'd seen Mika deliver. And it was pretty damn great. But if he does this only 1/3 times, then it's kind of not worth my while. He rushed through the NY show. It was far from his best, I think I'm actually pissed. He could have done a better job. I mean, yes, it was still good, but I know Mika can do better. I didn't even want to talk to him afterwards because all I felt like saying was "when I said that you only had to be half as good as in Philly to make New York love you, I didn't mean for you to take that literally." (So instead I just yelled, "Hey Mika, where's Mikey??" --that didn't go over so well either. :roftl:) It wasn't that he was feeling bad or anything--he had plenty of energy and his eyes sparkled and he looked amazing and all that, but he really did rush. I realized I wasn't enjoying it as much as Philly after a few songs, and then I was like "well that's good for me because apparently we're halfway through?--this thing will be over in record time." It felt disrespectful. God's sake, Mika knows New York loves him but he doesn't have to take it for granted. He worked on Philly. He seemed to just be going through the motions in NY. Even "Lollipop," which I thought he'd go all-out for, considering the people jumping on and everything, was abysmally short. It was like he was using the distraction of the mass dance party to excuse him from cutting and running at the end.

If I hadn't come to this straight from Philly I may have liked it more.

I may see him one more time, and not bother with queuing up or getting up front, because I seem to enjoy things more when it's more relaxed. To be frank, Mika just doesn't connect with me live very much, so he doesn't make all the discomfort that goes along with being up front worth it. In this case, I think it's just me. Or me and Mika. We don't click. Which is fine, I can still love his albums and music and all that, but the point of being up front at concerts is so you feel some kind of connection with the singer, right? He never delivers it for me, either at concerts or after shows. I never feel he looks at me or anything, though I do see him looking at other people. (Admittedly I was second row and not front row, but still.) I got a hell of a lot more connection from The Midway States singer, again, both in concert and after. And I couldn't even be sure he ever was looking at me through his set, but it felt like he was for most of it. It doesn't matter whether he did, it mattered that he made me feel it. I never register Mika that way.

Which is why I enjoyed Philly specifically because I wasn't in front, I think. I could see him looking at people and feel pleased he was making a connection with them, but I didn't have to deal with feeling he was failing to do that with me and as a consequence doubting how real any of it was.

Anyway. The "Lollipop" mass jumping was the DUMBEST idea he ever had, seriously. I mean, it sounded great in theory, but he obviously hadn't looked at the stage set-up before he said it. If he does it again, he'd better make sure there aren't chest-high barriers and a pit before the stage. And he'd better have security helping people get on, not pushing them back. It was awesome for everyone who managed to get on, but after the first few people jumped up, there was a HUGE crushing push from the back as the whole crowd attempted to rush forward. People behind me were like "I can't breathe! I'm gonna die!" This is NOT COOL, Mika. :thumbdown:

Generally the pushing wasn't so bad at this show though.

Point is, I guess I'm bored of Mika? I just think I'm not made to work with him live. I'm sure everyone else had a great time, and I'm NOT saying he's a bad performer or puts on bad shows, because I could see how everyone else was really into it and for them it was a great show. But I don't share that feeling and it just causes disappointment, especially because I see how well it works for others. And in person, I just usually feel dismissed by him--again, both on stage and when I see him after. He just continually comes off as dismissive to me--but again, not to other people, where I see him being all lit up and lovely, so I know he's not being dismissive.

See, I'm not blaming him for that because I doubt he's doing anything differently with me per se, unless I am so special that he's like "Oh her, I'll be dismissive to her on purpose." But again, well, we don't click, so I'm gonna stop trying to force it. (I really do wonder why I feel this way though. I can't tell what's up or if my expectations are out of whack or what it is that bothers me or why it feels like what he's doing works for everyone except me.)

Andy was lovely though. I'm sad I didn't get to see him after the show, but I got to talk to him before. When Mika came out to talk to those of us in line, I was towards the back of the crowd, and I didn't feel like pushing my way forward (plus I'd just seen him, so it was right that others would get the chance), so I just talked to Andy instead. I gave him a silly toy and a card I'd made really quick the night before (both the card and toy were a joke in reference to our conversation in Philly), and he was really funny 'cause he was so taken aback by it, and he stopped filming the crowd entirely and kept filming me and the card and I was like, "Aren't you supposed to be filming Mika interacting with his fans? I'm stopping you from doing your job again!":roftl:

People who go to other Mika shows can tell me if he keeps the toy attached to his camera like he said he will. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh, and the hot cocoa and Dunkin Donuts munchkins provided for those of us waiting were really nice, and really helped with the cold. But my gratitude goes to John and Jerry for this, since Mika wasn't even at the venue then.

--Jack