2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA@ Terminal 5 in New York City: 02 Feb

Blue Sky

when he was going into the venue, he stopped to talk to those there, he told them that "if one or two people get on stage, they'll get thrown out, but if all of you jump on stage they wont do anything"

:naughty: Naughty Mika! :mf_rosetinted: Brilliant!

VERY nice:wink2: I'm so glad he still wearing them(at least i'm pretty sure thats them)! I never got to tell him that you're supposed to make a wish when they come off *sigh* maybe he'll read this and see. :)

It's so great that he is stil wearing it! :wub2:

Maybe if someone at a future show (if he is still wearign them) could tell him?

Then hot chocolate and munckins arrived thanks to Mika management. Pre-show fun included Zib, Zab Zob or something like that, a walk-off, and numerous sing a longs.

OMFG

I DANCED ON STAGE WITH MIKA <3333

HE PULLED ME UP HOLY **** BEST SHOW EVER

The show was amazing and Mika could not be more kind. For those who were there early enough he came and talked to is an a fairly intimate setting.After that he bought us all some dunkin donuts hot coco.The show was amazing (duhhh) and after he came over and singed things before funning away with Perez Hilton.

Hey guys, first time poster, long time mika fan. it was my first mika concert tonight and it was absolutely AMAZING! i met so many great fans including lovetoday (it's neil from front row!) and i went with an amazing group of people!

It sounds like it was such a fun show!!! :wub2: :wub2:

What's all this about Perez? And Holy Johnny on stage?

Well I’ll start beginning to end. Forgot my camera at home, which felt very stupid. I forgot to put it back in my purse last minute. It kind of ended up being a more organic performance though, and I ended up really paying a lot more attention to the shoe. I was much more invested and OH was it amazing.

Anyway, got to PAX around noon. Met Jeanie and her daughters- they were very, very nice, genuine, and honest- thank you for telling us later about the line etc. (John was originally trying to get us into soundcheck). I appreciated that, and I’m so glad it looked like you guys were making the most of the day! After they left, I waited a bit and Jack came. She’s very pleasant! I was really glad we met and hung out.

It was cold, but I’d say we were on the lucky side of being cold. I personally wasn’t hat cold, I’m not sure why. We all took breaks from the line and I hope nobody gets super sick.

Deb was on her way to PAX, but we ended up just going to the venue with the soundcheck news (informed Deb of course, she met us there- I’m sorry I wasn’t thinking very coherrently on the phone :naughty: ). Spent most of the night with Deb and Jack. Titty as well! It was very nice to meet you!

They brought us hot chocolate and munchkins in the line, Mika came out to talk (as mentioned), and yeah I’m sure all that was covered. Andy talked with Jack, she gave him a few things that I’ll leave for her to say.

Got a big hug from Jess, very excited to meet her and all the wonderful MFCer’s I’d never met before (Hilary I’m sorry I was so awkward on the phone Lol). I met lots, and I’m glad I did this time, more than in June. It was really great to see some old friends, too! I wish we had more of a chance to talk at the meet up before and stuff, bet hey. Like I said, I’m very happy. Deb was a huge help to me- I got an autograph from Mika after the show on my LICM DVD, and we exchanged a few words. Basically Deb’s doing. He stole my sharpie but I’m honored. I was going to give him my chocolate Lollipop, but it got smashed so I’m honored that he at least has my sharpie. :naughty:

The show- First time I’d seen Dodgy Holiday and BOY has that boy grown since the first tour! We see it in videos, but to see his growth before my own eyes, was incredible. I was really moved by Any Other World. The Big Girls were GORGEOUS!

Dropped the mic by mistake during Big Girls. :blush-anim: Holy Johnny danced like a school boy, made Mika laugh.

I didn’t make it up onstage and I was a bit bummed about that, but I’m not stressing over it or anything. Hey…

We waited for Mika for an hour and a half. About 10:45-12:20. He had a meet and greet for about 200 people inside, Vero told us. PS- They were all LGs again :thumb_yello: - and did an amazing job.

I waved to Perez on his way out, also saw him peeking through curtains backstage. He came out just a couple minutes before Mika.

Okay, that wasn’t in order. Pics and vids tomorrow- they’re on my Dad’s phone and may not be very good, but there’s some. And we had an emergency disposable, which I’ll have pictures from in a few days.

I feel like I’m missing stuff, but I’m sure I’ll be back sooner or later.

I feel super, super gracious right now. I know I got a little stressed, perhaps testy at times, but I’m really grateful. My friend Elena got a little bummed at times throughout- I tried to prepare her best I could. She loves Mika, too. Even though we’re exhausted, I think she “got it,” and was happy after meeting Mika, even though she was reluctant before. I wanted her to have a really good time. Concert experiences always have “moments” like that, but I think we’ve concluded on a good note.

Great reports guys- I love how different things happen as the tour progresses, and we don't just have "the concert was great, but didn't meet him before or after." Makes me glad to follow someone who involves his fans in what he does

They brought us hot chocolate and munchkins in the line, Mika came out to talk (as mentioned), and yeah I’m sure all that was covered.

Dropped the mic by mistake during Big Girls. :blush-anim: Holy Johnny danced like a school boy, made Mika laugh.

PS- They were all LGs again :thumb_yello: - and did an amazing job.

What are munchkins? I have been wondering ... :blink:

Lol, dropping his mic was inevitable the amount he dances around like a crazy :mf_rosetinted:

Who is this Holy Johnny character? I have never seen a Holy Johnny on stage before, am I stupid? :blink:

LGs again? Woah! - definately pros by now :thumb_yello:

woah, great concert! The more "free to do what you want":bleh:

thank you for all the pix and reports!:wink2:

Quite frankly I'm a bit jealous of all the "plus", from the goodies in the queue to the stage invasion permitted...but it was predictable in NY:cool:

{waiting for JackViolet's report...please explain what you didn't like respect philly}:blink:

woah, great concert! The more "free to do what you want":bleh:

thank you for all the pix and reports!:wink2:

Quite frankly I'm a bit jealous of all the "plus", from the goodies in the queue to the stage invasion permitted...but it was predictable in NY:cool:

{waiting for JackViolet's report...please explain what you didn't like respect philly}:blink:

Will be waiting for that in London? :mf_rosetinted:

Wow...took me all of 2 mugs of coffee and a toast (about an hour) to read through this thread from where I left off. :blink:

- Firstly...YAY!! To all the NYC fans and MFCers who made it there! I am extremely jealous of all the perks this gig got! :punk:

I hope this means we can expect some of this when we become official (Not! :mf_rosetinted: )

-I'd like to thank dcdeb and hoochatootch for the early, live updates and pics.:wub2:

-Thank you Revica and hmitts for being the first to take a few minutes to give us something when you returned from the gig.

-WELCOME to: emo elmo1639 and rw921 amd neilium!

-Also thanks to the other reports from mom4mika and fetal lima bean and kateisakate!

GREAT PICS from lovetoday! Thank you!

-And if I forgot anyone else, sorry but THANKS...I need another cuppa java...

OH COME ON PEOPLE. :roftl:

I hung out here nearly all day! And when you came on I was back IRL with my kids (one is sick). Glad to get back and see such great perks being reported. Sounds just so unbelievable!:mf_lustslow:

I hung out here nearly all day! And when you came on I was back IRL with my kids (one is sick). Glad to get back and see such great perks being reported. Sounds just so unbelievable!:mf_lustslow:

Hellooooo !!!! Where are the 'perks' posted Blue Sky ??? Orrrrr .... can someone tell me what they were ???!!! :wink2::naughty::thumb_yello:

HK nice to see you HERE!!

They got chats beforehand with MIKA, hot choccie and munchies from Mika's staff when they were in the line, LOTS of people got to go onstage...they will tell you again I am sure!!:wink2: