MFC Will Be The Official Fan Site For Mika

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Could you let us know in roughly how long it'll be posted, Freddie? You don't want us hanging around if it's not going to be for another few hours.

Good morning everyone!:punk:

Cio robi:wub2:

:naughty: I have to go and feed a cat! Poor love i can't let him starving longer...but i don't want to miss it :bleh:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as 95% of the times, i agree with you Christine.

i think the time and money we spend here (not on mika, mind you...i'm sure somewhere else fans are spending money and time on Mika) should grant me some privileges, i do it with joy nevertheless i DO IT.

my Mika anniversary is today, my MFC anniversary will be in 9 days and i'd like to have this fidelity recognized.

of course i will accept anything they will decide for a fan in my position, as a fan my only wish is supporting Mika. But i didn't like passes being given away randomly in london for the after party WHICH WAS MEANT FOR MFC, and ppl coming out of the blue who prevented MFCers from greeting and congratulating Mika.

if i were an admin or someone with some 'power' in here, i would be very careful this is not going to happen again in the future.

As i'm sure now we will have loads of new fans registering...after what they saw in london, of course they think it's so easy to get a backstage pass now!

i'm sure also that ppl criticizing MFC so far will register to take advantage of being an MFCer....and will stay here just for privileges, without showing any generosity or sharing things.

i'm not saying i don't want new fans in here...no no! this fanclub needs to get huger, but some priorities had better to be listed.

this was an example and i hope i got what you wrote right.

sorry if i didn't sometimes my english comprehension fails.

Maybe. :boxed: But i don't want to have some privileges only because i'm here since april. There are so many huge fans of Mika who aren't MFCers. I don't think that being an MFCer should be THE point to have backstage passes,... And of course, if it was the case, people will know it quickly and will come here only for that.

Anyway, I don't think we should choose the rules. It's Mica and his management who can only decide. Mica must choose with the way he feels the things. Mica, i hope we don't put too much pressure on you. :naughty: But we should not forget that he can't make everybody happy.

Only him can decide! :wink2:

pam, i was not referring to the french there....absolutely not and i think you with mikawebsite are the ones who are spending lots of time and money on mika out of MFC!

but this will be the official fansite, this should count something, otherwise we would have many official fan sites sharing the same duties and rights.

as i'm sure we should have duties to accomplish here, not only take advantages of rights!

oh yes...the fine and kind wizard will choose for the best, we love him and will respect his decisions. this is out of question.

and if someone will not like his decisions...oh well...thare are plenty of singers out there who need fans! :naughty:

Scut and other I would imagine lateeee today .. sorry if your handing around .... as I said my brain operates on one timze zone

I wished I could answer some of the posts especially Christines.. maybe the change will benefit everyone :thumb_yello:

This is tough for me as I trying to answer question that I cant ......

My feeling is that everyone will be very pleased

Maybe. :boxed: But i don't want to have some privileges only because i'm here since april.

But it doesn't matter what you think is fair. Mika and his management can't go to every fan and do a survey of how dedicated they are and how much they love Mika truly in their heart before handing it privileges. It needs to be some sort of basic, simple, all encompassing system.

Thus, fanclub membership time seems to be a simple enough solution, if not exactly fair. But we don't know if that's how it'll be run anyway.

--Jack

pam, i was not referring to the french there....absolutely not and i think you with mikawebsite are the ones who are spending lots of time and money on mika out of MFC!

I wasn't referring to the French too. We don't always think about us...:blink: ... I think. :roftl: But there must be others big fans. I think there must be huge Italian fans who doesn't come here.

P.S.: The only reason why there aren't many French fans here is: we are too bad in foreign languages. :naughty::bleh:

but this will be the official fansite, this should count something, otherwise we would have many official fan sites sharing the same duties and rights.

as i'm sure we should have duties to accomplish here, not only take advantages of rights!

oh yes...the fine and kind wizard will choose for the best, we love him and will respect his decisions. this is out of question.

and if someone will not like his decisions...oh well...thare are plenty of singers out there who need fans! :naughty:

Yeah, plenty who scream "I need some fans!!!!!!" :roftl:

But it doesn't matter what you think is fair. Mika and his management can't go to every fan and do a survey of how dedicated they are and how much they love Mika truly in their heart before handing it privileges. It needs to be some sort of basic, simple, all encompassing system.

Thus, fanclub members.

--Jack

as i said, i will accept anything anyway.

and i'll watch mika from a distance, as i always did!

my faith and love in him and his music will never be less.

There are so many huge fans of Mika who aren't MFCers. I don't think that being an MFCer should be THE point to have backstage passes,... And of course, if it was the case, people will know it quickly and will come here only for that.

Then what on earth was the point of us becoming official? :blink:

How does one determine if someone is a big enough fan to deserve something like a presale ticket or a backstage pass anyway if not by being dedicated enough to join the artist's their OFFICIAL, advertised fan club? :blink:

The whole point of an "official" fan club is to make it easier and fairer to distribute such perks. It's assumed that if you care enough about an artist you would join their official, advertised fan club. The assumption can't work for 100% of his "biggest fans" but no criterion for distributing a limited number of privileges (e.g. presale tickets) will be 100% foolproof. I think that it's the only system that we can have, and it's worked throughout the entire music industry - this ISN'T a new concept.

Thus, fanclub membership time seems to be a simple enough solution, if not exactly fair. But we don't know if that's how it'll be run anyway.

--Jack

Exactly what i think too. :wink2:

And i think everybody doesn't care about what i think to be fair or not. And i don't care they care or not. :naughty: When you have to choose between people, it's always unfair. It's like that.

Like i said before, we won't choose the rules and i don't care. Mica chooses and i say "ok Mica, i agree with you" even if i don't. :lol3:

I wasn't referring to the French too. We don't always think about us...:blink: ... I think. :roftl: But there must be others big fans. I think there must be huge Italian fans who doesn't come here.

P.S.: The only reason why there aren't many French fans here is: we are too bad in foreign languages. :naughty::bleh:

Yeah, plenty who scream "I need some fans!!!!!!" :roftl:

of course there are many, mainly for language reasons. but we have an italian thread now, this is helping things.

what i want to say is that MFC should become also a state of mind, bringing ppl to respect mika and the other fans.

which is something we are lacking recently, as i could see in london.

but we have time to improve and we will, if we are given good rules and ppl with responsability who can help ppl understand.

this is something i'd like to have from this fanclub.

How does one determine if someone is a big enough fan to deserve something like a presale ticket or a backstage pass anyway if not by being dedicated to join the artist's their OFFICIAL, advertised fan club? :blink:

The whole point of an "official" fan club is to make it easier and fairer to distribute such perks. It's assumed that if you care enough about an artist you would join their official, advertised fan club. The assumption can't work for 100% of his "biggest fans" but no criterion for distributing a limited number of privileges (e.g. presale tickets) will be 100% foolproof. I think that it's the only system that we can have, and it's worked throughout the entire music industry - this ISN'T a new concept.

True ...

Im getting soo lost now , why on earth would anyone NOT want to become official .....

We saw last week , ok it went a tad wrong what official can do ...

But not even that .. I had access to Mikas team to discuss access and security as it was bad previous , I was able to work between MFCers and Mikas team ...

Official is not only about "perks" , that is a huge benefit , its about information too

One of the main reasons for going official WAS information , people were going to gigs and they were cancelled , we wanted better communication ...

I dont agree .. purely as I have some ideas ... you "may" feel different when its posted

No hear hear for you Im afraid

Scut and other I would imagine lateeee today .. sorry if your handing around .... as I said my brain operates on one timze zone

I wished I could answer some of the posts especially Christines.. maybe the change will benefit everyone :thumb_yello:

This is tough for me as I trying to answer question that I cant ......

My feeling is that everyone will be very pleased

People need to get the concept of bigger fan=entitlement out of their minds. Being a big fan has nothing to do with participation in the fan club and access to privileges.

Mika has 5 million fans and there is no way to objectively measure who is the biggest fan, so this concept of being a "big fan" is totally useless.

Fan club privileges should be awarded to the people who participate in the fan club because without the fan club the privileges would not exist.

I don't care if someone living in a small village in Siberia who won't join MFC until 2009 likes Mika as much or more than I do. I'm the one who has been donating to MFC to help ensure its continued existence. I am the one who contributes here by posting videos, photos and articles so that MFC is a source of information for fans. I am the one who signed a petition to help ensure that MFC would become the official fan club. I'm the one who saw Mika rise to success from 2006 because of people like me who actively supported him by purchasing concert tickets, CDs and spreading the word before many knew or cared who he was.

If you think it's "unfair" that someone like me gets consideration for special privileges over someone in Siberia who doesn't yet know about MFC and has never attended a Mika concert, then think about how unfair it's going to be if your chance to enjoy special privileges is virtually eliminated by this "big fan" concept.

Since we can't measure being a big fan, then we're going to have to assume that anyone who says they are a big fan is equally entitled to privileges as are all the other people who claim they are big fans. That means that tens or even hundreds of thousands of people could end up in a pool of "big fans" and something like an invitation to a secret gig will have to be issued by entirely random ballot. In other words, after all your commitment to the fan club and supporting Mika through the early stages of his career, your chances of seeing him at a secret gig are going to be not much better than your chances of winning the lottery.

I can't speak for others, but I find it difficult to imagine that people like Freddie and Wendi have been busting their asses to make this happen so that they can see themselves or the other active participants in MFC getting a 1 in 25,000 chance of attending a secret gig or whatever.

The assumption here is that many of us are going to be enjoying these privileges and not forfeiting them randomly to any one of millions of people who could come along next month and claim they are big Mika fans. If that's not the assumption, then I don't understand why people are getting so excited over the idea that we're becoming the official fan club, because as individuals we really have nothing to gain from it.

Christine, I agree with what you are saying, so seeing FD's response it will be interesting to see what being official means.

As you mentioned, how does one determine "who" is the biggest Mika fan. To me it means actively promoting him wherever possible- buying several copies of a cd single which you already have on an album just to boost ranking in the chart, voting for whichever song has been released so it played more on the radio and exposing it to more people, spending countless hours googling youtube and random things to bring back info to the site so everyone can benefit, and sitting here and congratulating other members (and of course Mika and the band) on the wonderful stories we read sitting in far flung places across the world, where, without a site like this, we would never hear of such brilliant tales.

My two cents worth while I sit here waiting patiently for news..........

of course there are many, mainly for language reasons. but we have an italian thread now, this is helping things.

what i want to say is that MFC should become also a state of mind, bringing ppl to respect mika and the other fans.

which is something we are lacking recently, as i could see in london.

but we have time to improve and we will, if we are given good rules and ppl with responsability who can help ppl understand.

this is something i'd like to have from this fanclub.

Agree also .. its a state of mind ... :thumb_yello:

We had so little respect last week both against Mika and against each other:boxed:

Christine, I agree with what you are saying, so seeing FD's response it will be interesting to see what being official means.

As you mentioned, how does one determine "who" is the biggest Mika fan. To me it means actively promoting him wherever possible- buying several copies of a cd single which you already have on an album just to boost ranking in the chart, voting for whichever song has been released so it played more on the radio and exposing it to more people, spending countless hours googling youtube and random things to bring back info to the site so everyone can benefit, and sitting here and congratulating other members (and of course Mika and the band) on the wonderful stories we read sitting in far flung places across the world, where, without a site like this, we would never hear of such brilliant tales.

My two cents worth while I sit here waiting patiently for news..........

Maybe some things will benefit all :thumb_yello:

Right Im off to get Deano I am sworn to secrecy and am on the verge of loosing my job :boxed::roftl:

Only for the pleasure to say "we're the official fan club". :bleh::lol3:

How does one determine if someone is a big enough fan to deserve something like a presale ticket or a backstage pass anyway if not by being dedicated enough to join the artist's their OFFICIAL, advertised fan club? :blink:

Of course but Rob wrote it, some fans will come here only for the privileges.

Anyway, i don't worry about that. If we start to worry about that before being said we're now really official... We'll see what will happen. :wink2:

Oh **** Pamette :boxed:! You wanted to bring some peace and it's worse. Stop writing, stop writing!

Thanks for letting me know. I guess that means I'll go to sleep soon and wake up on Tuesday (Oz time) and the news still wouldn't have been posted. :naughty:

Of course but Rob wrote it, some fans will come here only for the privileges.

True. That may or may not be solved using a tier system or instituting a small fee to deter them.

But there's the flipside too: the "big fans" that aren't already members of the MFC that people here keep on defending will more likely join us now that we'll be Official.

yeah:) its like cuz i am the crazyiest fan in BC, its like I feel like this is a major step! and man oh man! excitement will reign in my part of the world!my advertising skills apparently have caused quite a fuss in these here parts!

I even get mentioned in articles now ! :) oh yeah! and wen we get the official officialness, I will celebrate : maybe we can have business cards

We need to change our siggies, Fan reps!

End of the day go to gig , have fun , see Mika , meet new friends , everything else is a bonus :punk: .......

I "think" everyone will be pleased .. very pleased :thumb_yello:

If not you can stick in stocks and throw rotten apples at me:wink2:

Hopefully it won't come to that!

Maybe some things will benefit all :thumb_yello:

Right Im off to get Deano I am sworn to secrecy and am on the verge of loosing my job :boxed::roftl:

GO GO GO- RUN QUICKLY!!!!!! :bleh:

Although there's the French-speaking thread, it doesn't work a lot for us. :boxed: I'm happy it works for the Italian people. :thumb_yello:
what i want to say is that MFC should become also a state of mind, bringing ppl to respect mika and the other fans.which is something we are lacking recently, as i could see in london.but we have time to improve and we will, if we are given good rules and ppl with responsability who can help ppl understand.this is something i'd like to have from this fanclub.

There's a big lack right now. I stopped reading yesterday because i was tired about the problems. It was too hard. Other French websites heard about the problems we have and i had to explain the things because they didn't know and understand the reasons why. Bad publicity for the MFC but i did my best to explain and i think it was better after my explaination.

Yeah! We have time to improve and hope we will! :punk: *

I don't know, but I feel being official won't change things much on how I feel about this place or Mika.

I mean at the moment I come on here everyday - mainly to show my support for a great singer and a fantastic bloke to boot.

I like talking to everyone I speak to on here. What we get when we finally go Official will just be a bonus to me. I agree with Christine that probably the first Secret gig should be to those who have been with Mika from the start (not saying that some tickets shouldn't be made available to others though - cos' obv I would love to go if given the chance) but at the end of the day decisions have already been made and we just have to hope It's gonna please the majority of people on here.

I'm only here cos' I love Mika - that's not gonna change - and I'll be happy with anything really...

I don't know, but I feel being official won't change things much on how I feel about this place or Mika.

I mean at the moment I come on here everyday - mainly to show my support for a great singer and a fantastic bloke to boot.

I like talking to everyone I speak to on here. What we get when we finally go Official will just be a bonus to me. I agree with Christine that probably the first Secret gig should be to those who have been with Mika from the start (not saying that some tickets shouldn't be made available to others though - cos' obv I would love to go if given the chance) but at the end of the day decisions have already been made and we just have to hope It's gonna please the majority of people on here.

I'm only here cos' I love Mika - that's not gonna change - and I'll be happy with anything really...

Yeah. It will only be a bonus. :thumb_yello: I think nobody wants a big change and there won't be.