MFC Will Be The Official Fan Site For Mika

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my question is what the hell does roftl stand for:roftl: it has been bothering me for the longest time:naughty:

It's supposed to be rotfl which stands for rolling on the floor laughing' date=' but someone made a typo. :naughty:[/font']

my question is what the hell does roftl stand for:roftl: it has been bothering me for the longest time:naughty:

I think its : rolling on the floor laughing... :blink: (??)

but they might have mixed up the letters when they inserted codes or something.

r-rolling

o-on

f-floor

t-the

l-laughing

OOO it will be monday here in....1 and a half hours! ahhh! I hope to either find out before 7 or after 3 because then i'll be here!

i'm wondering what will change between now and tomorrow............

It's been Monday here for 12 hours and 49 minutes! :crybaby::tears:

I just want to make sure people see my question. :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

Christine posted this a few pages back:

Barenaked Ladies have a tier system to balance the fact that earlier fanclub members spent years paying for membership and that later fans were able to join for free. The first tier gets right of first refusal on presale tickets before they are passed on to others.

I don't care what anyone says or how selfish it sounds, the current membership is entitled to more rights than anyone who joins after Monday and I will be extremely disappointed if we don't get them.

My suggestion for a tier system is more like a points system.

This is just an example, but you could have

1 point for early membership on the forum

1 point for donating a certain amount, more points for more donations

1 point for coming from overseas to a gig

1 point for active poster on the forum

1 point for arriving early at the gig

etc.

And if you collect a certain number of points, you are eligible for a backstage pass or whatever other thing is decided. Eligible, not guaranteed.

Don't jump on me about what I am using in the example, the points could be for any number of things...

I think having barcoded or memory chipped membership cards so data can be stored in them would be great too. That way the person scanning could see stuff like whether this person was at certain gigs, whether they had received a backstage pass before, whether they donated etc.

I would not be volunteering to set up the barcode/chip info though, out of my league I am afraid.:blink:

And BTW where is FD this afternoon? Oh, it's your morning in the UK, isn't it? Must be having a busy work day, being Monday after gigging late last week...:mf_rosetinted:

My suggestion for a tier system is more like a points system.

This is just an example, but you could have

1 point for early membership on the forum

1 point for donating a certain amount, more points for more donations

1 point for coming from overseas to a gig

1 point for active poster on the forum

1 point for arriving early at the gig etc.

And if you collect a certain number of points, you are eligible for a backstage pass or whatever other thing is decided. Eligible, not guaranteed.

Don't jump on me about what I am using in the example, the points could be for any number of things...

I think having barcoded or memory chipped membership cards so data can be stored in them would be great too. That way the person scanning could see stuff like whether this person was at certain gigs, whether they had received a backstage pass before, whether they donated etc.

I would not be volunteering to set up the barcode/chip info though, out of my league I am afraid.:blink:

And BTW where is FD this afternoon? Oh, it's your morning in the UK, isn't it? Must be having a busy work day, being Monday after gigging late last week...:mf_rosetinted:

Good Morning! I only have a few minutes and I'm and not fully awake at the moment, so my reaction is probably not as clear as I want it to be.....

I think all these points do not make you a bigger fan....

A fan joined in the last week can be a bigger one then a person joined in march 2007.....

Flying oversees for a concert is not possible for everyone, and they can still be one of the biggest fans....

All I want to say actually is that you really cannot tell who is the biggest Mika-fan.

I don't want to fight or so but just want to make my point; I will check out on this issue later.

I know what a good perk would be.

More PM space. :thumb_yello:

Yeah! Btw... pm.gif Oh wait... your box is full. :doh::roftl:

Oh and in reply to the whole confetti coming out of computers. I would like confetti to come out of my computer once the announcement is made. party-1.gif Although, I don't really want to wake up in the morning under confetti and streamers wondering when they party happened and how come I wasn't invited. Plus, I just don't think it would be compatible with my Mac once again. (If you have a Mac you know the pain and hassle.) :wink2::lmfao: Oh, and sadly I don't think my suitemates or custodial staff would appreciate me flying out of my room in the morning with my guitar in hand having confetti fly all over the place as I run off to class. People tend to like the place clean. : P

Yeah! Btw... pm.gif Oh wait... your box is full.

Oh and in reply to the whole confetti coming out of computers. I would like confetti to come out of my computer once the announcement is made. party-1.gif Although, I don't really want to wake up in the morning under confetti and streamers wondering when they party happened and how come I wasn't invited. Plus, I just don't think it would be compatible with my Mac once again. (If you have a Mac you know the pain and hassle.) :wink2::lmfao: Oh, and sadly I don't think my suitemates or custodial staff would appreciate me flying out of my room in the morning with my guitar in hand having confetti fly all over the place as I run off to class. People tend to like the place clean. : P

U lose. :mf_rosetinted:

sad-mac.jpg

Yeah! Btw... pm.gif Oh wait... your box is full.

Oh and in reply to the whole confetti coming out of computers. I would like confetti to come out of my computer once the announcement is made. party-1.gif Although, I don't really want to wake up in the morning under confetti and streamers wondering when they party happened and how come I wasn't invited. Plus, I just don't think it would be compatible with my Mac once again. (If you have a Mac you know the pain and hassle.) Oh, and sadly I don't think my suitemates or custodial staff would appreciate me flying out of my room in the morning with my guitar in hand having confetti fly all over the place as I run off to class. People tend to like the place clean. : P

^^^^^^ .... :roftl: :roftl: I have a Mac .... not expecting any confetti canons made by Microsoft to explode out of this 'lil black duck's computer any time soon ..... :wink2::naughty: :naughty:

U lose. :mf_rosetinted:

sad-mac.jpg

:sad:

I'll wake up in the morning and there will be a pop up box asking me to choose a program to open up Confetti.party which in turn I drag it into every program possible and it'll say Confetti.party cannot be opened using this program. breakpc2.gif

It's a sad life. crying.gif