REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA@ House of Blues in Chicago: 05-02-2008

Niki27

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok quick one tonight.

Mika said it was the most delicious venue he's ever played in.

People threw him mardi gras beads and he flashed his belly.

People told him his fly was undone and he flipped them the bird.

Lots of crowd interaction/ didn't rush thorugh the concert.

glowing drumstcks?!?

stayed afterward but didn't meet him. did anyone else meet him after?

so good!

Can you please be more specific when he flipped them the bird? You mean the finger??

One of the best shows I've ever been to, and that's saying a lot coming from me. I am pretty harsh on live acts.

The weather sucked. For those of you in warmer climates, I hope you never have to experience walking in the rain in weather that is just above freezing. Not cold enough for it to turn into snow. Just really, really cold rain with the wind blowing.

The Midway State opened. I listened to their stuff on MySpace before I left and wasn't that into it (first listen anyway). However I thought the live performance was good. A lot of openers really stink it up, but these guys were alright. A toned down version of Jacks Mannequin you could say.

Maybe it was just me, but it seemed like the period between the end of Midway State and the start of Mika was a really long time.

House of Blues is a very cool place to see live music, and Mika thought so too and said it was their favorite venue they've ever played. This isn't your typical box or oval shaped concert place. It's like a mix between a bar, a nightclub and a small arena. First class all the way. Especially the bathrooms haha I don't know about in the girls bathroom, but in the mens they have a guy squirting the liquid soap into our hands for us and then handing us paper towels. Now they just need to wipe people's bu... eh, nevermind.

The crowd was awesome. I've been going to these things for a long time and this is actually the first time I think everyone I saw was really into the show. Any other concert and there are a lot of fans with that "yeah, whatever. nothing better to do." demeanor... but not for Mika. This is one dedicated bunch of fans.

I'll leave the description of Mika's performance to someone else. I'll just say he was great, and takes pride in being a great showman even when the TV cameras are not there. A lot of bands you take the TV cameras away, and their effort goes down the toilet. Mika is FULL ON. And the way they close the show is the best I've seen. Nobody has a fun climactic ending like that.

Oh, and if someone lost a scarf with a bunch of thin colored stripes... I have it and it came in really handy on my walk back to the train!!!! hahaha oops

I agree with you when it comes to the MIdway State. in the NYC gig, people were into them. They sounded very good. I saw them twice (NYC & Philly)

And MIKA is increbible. For me, he leaves me thirsty!!! :naughty:

Part 2 of my report:

I think during Love Today Mika reached out & I TOUCHED HIS HAND! Oh, and he picked up some Mardi Gras beads people were throwing on the stage & put them on, then he smiled & flashed his tummy for a second,with a very mischevious grin, the crowd loved it.

He had the audience singing back a lot of phrases in Stuck in The Middle,& others, told us the venue was 'Delicious', and something about not getting radio play, but the tours get better every time he comes back to this city.

After it was over they (the band) didn't really take a proper bow, or do an encore. Oh well. HOB seemed to be trying to hustle everyone out the door so quickly, because it was an all ages show, they said something about curfew.

So disappointed we didn't get to see him or the band afterwards.

We thought with the weather being bad, and the fact they had to drive to Minneapolis for Wed. night show, maybe they did leave right away.

After seeing so many videos & photos of the concerts form all over the world, it kind of seems familiar yet surreal. Quite fabulous. Unforgettable. Wow. Mika has so much charisma, he just draws you like a magnet. I tried to watch the whole band, but my eyes kept going back to him. He is, of course, outrageously gorgeous, and there were some notes he sang that took my breath away, I forgot the words that I was singing and just stared, it didn't seem possible that such a beautiful voice was coming out of a human being, and just 10 feet away!

The whole band gave so much energy and enthusiasm,

it was THE BEST CONCERT EVER!!!!

It's now 4 am, I hope this all makes sense, and if you ever have even the slightest chance of seeing one of Mika's shows, I would vote you GO!

You will be glad you did! He gives 1000%. (How long does it take him to catch his breath & calm down after a show? I don't think I'll sleep for days!) have to study for my math exam which is in less than 5 hours, wish me luck.

Leona

I love your report. I know exactly how yo ufeel. MIKA is so amazing. It is hard to imagine he is a human being. He is so perfect (at least in me eyes). I am so happy you got to emjoy the show and be so close to him. I was front stage center both shows I atttended and it AMAZING.

Thank you for sahring your experience with us.

HUGS

yeah, sorry, flipping the bird is a common expression around here. he gave them a quick middle finger, but covered it w/ his other hand so only part of the crowd could see it. kind of hard to explain. his mom was up on the third balcony (for part of the show) on the side that he covered it from!

also, they played missionary man. but, during sound check I could here them practicing both sweet dreams and sexy back, so those are definitely still possibilities for upcoming gigs! :wink2:

and he had the band speed up the tempo at the end of how much do you love me...it sounded very cool! an mika had fun w/ it!

tons of people were throwing up strands of mardi gras beads and sara was twirling one around. mika was like, "sara, you better not twirl those around. you don't know what that means. my band has no idea why you guys keep tossing cheap necklaces up!" or something like that...:roftl:

Ha ha, he's scared of his mum:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I'm wondering how to get this banner to him?

I wish they would give us an address where we could send things.

It didn't occur to me until much too late, I could have given it to the guy from Midway State, and asked him to deliver it, I saw him when I was buying their CD & he signed it, he said Mika had already gone to the hotel. But we didn't want to believe that!

I will get it to him somehow.

Wouldn't it be nice if, once MFC is officially official, there was someone who could just tell us which door to wait outside of, or if they've really already left, or a designated person we could give things to that would really give them to Mika & the band? It feels kind of bad, when you hear how people got to meet him in other cities & then it just doesn't happen at the show you go to.

Oh well. that is just a smidgeon ( a smidgeon?!! ) of regret next to the Mount Everest of happiness and fun and good memories of the show!

At the philadelphia show. I waited almost an hour. The security guards were telling us that MIKA would not be able to sign anything or take pics because he needed to leave soon for his next show in BOSTON. MIKA came out and was with us for almost 20 mins. I felt lucky that I got to give him my gift but I didn;t get anything sign or took a pic with him. Honestly, I never try I don't want him to think that is what I want. I just wanted to see him after the show!!!!

Now that we are almost official as per Jerry mentioned in the NYC show, maybe we will have a place where we can send MIKA all the gifts. But, I don't know if he would have time to see them all. He has millions of fans around the world.

Okay...I couldn't sleep anymore, so I decided to come on here and get my reports together! So here it is....from the beginning...

My sister, Christopher, and I all agreed that we should leave at 9:30am. In retrospect, we should have left earlier because we knew the weather was going to be an issue, but really the drive was supposed to only take 6 hrs 35 mins, so we really weren't worried about any time constraints.

So we got on the road at 9am. I was so nervous the whole way and I was working on my gift for Mika nearly the entire way as well! I guess I never learn, because the last time I saw Mika I did the same thing where I was waiting in the queue and still trying to finish my gift! LOL... oh well. :wink2:

The weather the entire way to Chicago was so horrible....it was raining hard and since it was cold outside we were all somewhat concerned about either highdroplaning or fishtailing. Also we had a couple of mishaps where mapquest (never again!) gave us the wrong details, so little by little we were losing time. Around 4:00pm I was really becoming anxious. Nadya had told me to be at the venue at 5:30pm and it wasn't looking good at that point. Also usually Chris is so optimistic that when I asked him about whether or not we would be there before 5:30pm, he just said "It's going to be close." And when he is scared, that's when I *really* become scared!

We hit some really heavy traffic right at 5:00pm. Katherine suggested I call Nadya and let her know I may be a few mins late. I called her and she said it was fine...and to just call her when I was at the front. To make a long story short (yeah, right), I arrived at the venue at 6pm. People, you can't imagine how much I was freaking out!! I was so scared I would be too late and miss my opportunity at a Lollipop Girl....but when I met up with Nadya, she was so easy-going and told me that I was fine and it was okay I was late. Can you all imagine the sigh of relief I gave???? LOL

So then she took me up to meet the girls! It was SO strange walking backstage...and getting to see all of Mika's props waiting to be used. I was feeling so star-struck, especially since I have never been involved in anything like this before! When walking to meet the other girls, I bumped into Luke (ahh, such a sweetie!) and I just said all of the sudden "Hey! It's Luke! How are you?" and he just said "Hey, there, I'm not bad, yourself?" I said I was fine and it was nice to see him.

Nadya and I then walked into this small room and there were the other three girls. :) It was so much fun to meet some new MFC'ers! We all chatted in the same room where the opening band was waiting, although I didn't realize that until they left (oops).

While we were in there, some of the bands members would walk by sporatically. Andy walked by a great deal and at one point I said hello to him and that he was world famous (LOL). He seemed a bit shy and refused to believe that he was famous at all....but of course I insisted. :D Also Cherisse walked by and I asked her for her autograph. I had her sign the photos that we had taken together last June. I handed her the picture and she groaned at the sight of herself and I said in joking sort of way "Hey, you remember me, right? How could you forget?" She said "Oh, yeah, yeah, absolutely!" in the same joking way. It was quite funny. :roftl:

to be continued.....

sorry there's probably a lot of typos because i'm in a hurry.. we're still a while away from getting in line for the minnesota concert and sorry that i didn't post my report sooner but we had to drive practically through a blizzard and it took a while...

we got in line around 9:45 am and of course we were the first one's and a lovely employee from the hob asked us in a kind of exhausted voice 'you queuing up all ready?!' and we of course said yes and he let us wait inside instead of out in the freezing cold. then kjoshi and mili came around 11 or so and they looked fabulous in their homemade shirts and outfits.. you've probably heard from others but we found out that the restaurant was actually open and you could do the pass in line things so we just got our food to go so that we could still be the first people in pass the line! when we were waiting for the food my friend taylor who went with us (iheartmika on the mfc) spotted martin in a lovely light blue hoodie with a scarf and of course he just looked divine! unfortunately he's very quick and we didn't catch him but we saw him later on quite a few times going up and down the stairs by the restaurant where we all kept yelling martin! he waved to taylor once and he seemed quite happy. then alex and sorry i don't know her name... hmmm.. yeah i don't remember but alex had a girl with him and she was nice as well and leona came with some crafts so we made an MFC banner and signed it with everyone's names and my mother made some big mika rosettes

when it was getting closer to curtain call my mom and twin sister cassie went to go put our 'camping supplies' back in the car.. when they went outside cassie noticed cherisse right there and she froze naturally haha my mom started taking pictures of mikey and made cassie take a picture with cherisse. after that they called us and told them that they were going to be coming inside so we all got up and when they came in we didn't see mikey, he must have slipped away but we did see saranayde come in. once one person asked for an autograph everyone did and they were all so nice and signed stuff and took picture with everyone. my pictures will be up later because they're on taylor's camera out in the car but we took pictures with luke, cherisse, and saranayde. saranayde, being the lovely person she is commented on the ribbons that we had made and we gave one to luke and saranayde.. oh! and luke had a nice flight lol

ONTO THE CONCERT!

midway state was VERRRRRY good :wub2: i did NOT think they were going to be that good so i was very happy indeed, but obviousely i just wanted to see mika. they didn't have enough room on stage for the inflatables or the M but they brought those out according to the song lol

saranayde did her bubble angel dance and then the music started for relax and i saw mika's hair lol he came out and i almost cried but luckily my vision wasn't blurred this time and i was able to control myself. i'm not just saying this because he's mika and i'm obsessed but his singing was AMAZING!

big girl was just wonderful!! and that's when everyone started noticing that his fly was down :naughty: the big girl that came out was definitely a good one! lol mika seemed like he was trying to dance with her but she was off in her own world so when she turned around to face the side of the stage that mika was on he jumped right in front of her and did a sexy pose haha then big girl started feeling on mika lol

before my interpretation everyone had started yelling 'mika your fly is down', 'mika pull up your zipper' but he wasn't getting the message so someone yelled 'on 3!' and they all yelled it at the same time but mika didn't understand so he got closer to the crowd and was like 'what?' and then he figured it out :roftl: it was the cutest thing i've EVER seen in my entire life! he just looked down and stood up, pulled up his zippers, and gave an ADORABLE embarassed face then, hiding it from the rest of the crowd, he flipped us off :lmfao: then he said something like 'i was like'what the hell are they saying?' once again i've made a tit of myself.' i'm not really sure if that's right but it was hilarious

then i lost track of songs but holy johnny was amazing because at the end he kept teasing the band.. he would go 'prays... and he prays.. and he keep on praying... FOR prays.. and he prays.. FOR ME!' hahahaha it was hilarious! how much do you love me was good because he did some high notes and he got the crowd involved..

during stuck in the middle he did that scatting audience thing at the end which was so fun! we kind of sucked though.. billy brown was good and he said something about how they said he couldn't release it in the united states but he did and everyone loves it. i felt so dumb because i couldn't figure out which song he was going to play.

ring ring was WONDERFUL and he got really into it and of course happy ending, my favorite was just WOW at the end during the little bit of love he did soem really wonderful high notes that sounded amazing and then at the end when he sings 'this is the way you left me, i'm not pretending, no hope no love no glory, no happy ending' he stopped singing a bit because he was so happy that everyone was singing along.. his face was just full of happiness and then he had us sing no happy ending! it was just AMAZING

love today was so adorable as well!! the snow thing was wonderful but then he kept slipping on it throughout the song LOL once he came up to the crowd and lifted up his shirt all tease like lol but everything was amazing.. i really did love the cherrise/mika drum-off! grace kelly kachingah game was fun also... OH! and cherisse gave taylor her drumstick!!!!!

lollipop is when he pulled alex, taylor, and mili up on stage!!! that was so exciting!!!!!!!!!!

by the way there was 6 or so girls behind us.. i know everyone complains about this type of stuff but they were HORRIBLE

ohh! and i forgot to mention Andy!!! He wasn't out near the line at all. that was kind of depressing. but we did end up seeing him before MIKA came out he videotaped kjoshi's shirt and kjoshi and mili's signs. and i think he got a shot of taylor's ribbon.. i'm not sure lol.

After the concert we waited... and waited... and waited for MIKA until we decided that he must have left for minneapolis already. he must have been worried about the blizzard storm coming in like us.. lol so unfortunately we never got to take pictures or say hello but it was an AMAZING show!!!

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOUR REPORT. YOU WERE SO DETAILED.

I'm sad that you did not get a chance to say hello to him. I am glad that your twin got to see the band. I only saw Martin in NYC but he was in a rush.

Are you going to any other gig??

yeah, sorry, flipping the bird is a common expression around here. he gave them a quick middle finger, but covered it w/ his other hand so only part of the crowd could see it. kind of hard to explain. his mom was up on the third balcony (for part of the show) on the side that he covered it from!

also, they played missionary man. but, during sound check I could here them practicing both sweet dreams and sexy back, so those are definitely still possibilities for upcoming gigs! :wink2:

and he had the band speed up the tempo at the end of how much do you love me...it sounded very cool! an mika had fun w/ it!

tons of people were throwing up strands of mardi gras beads and sara was twirling one around. mika was like, "sara, you better not twirl those around. you don't know what that means. my band has no idea why you guys keep tossing cheap necklaces up!" or something like that...:roftl:

I got it now. Sorry. It is justthat English in my secondary language!!!!

A while later Nadya came back and told us that we needed to go and get changed into our costumes. We walked up a lot of stairs to the top of the floor and into a very small, darkly lit room where we found Mika's mother and Yasmine. Yasmine was working frantically on a dress, I think trying to sew the hem and Mika's mother was helping the Big Girl (Her name slips my mind now) get dressed.

This was all quite exciting...as everything was becoming very real at that moment! I kept asking the others "Has this sunk in yet???" and none of us really felt like it had! Needless, to say we all got dressed in there and I said to everyone "Well, girls....if we weren't friends before, we definitely are now!" LOL ;)

I noticed that Martin was in the room right next to ours, which was connected by a hallway. He was lying down on a couch and was facing us. I hid behind this big drawer, as I promised Chris that no men would be able to see me change (haha). Anyway, we all got changed and were looking in the mirror....I was basically trying to soak everything in, little by little.

Sidenote: I noticed Mika's silver shoes and striped socks were in a laundry bin on the floor. What a nice collectable that would have been, eh? :wink2:

At one point, Mika's mother had left the room, but had come back and when she did she noticed that the other Amanda was the tallest and that she was not wearing the right dress because Christina was in the dress that was meant for the tallest girl. She seemed a bit frustrated and asked them to change. Whereas, it could have seemed like she was being a perfectionist, I mostly saw it as her wanting the show to be it's absolute best.... It was so obvious that she and Yasmine work hard to help Mika present himself well (especially through the costumes), so I really thought that was a great thing.

After we got dressed and put some make-up on, Mika's mom suggested that we go back downstairs, so that we could sit. At that point I was a bit disappointed we hadn't seen Mika yet....especially to show us the dance steps... but I didn't let that get my spirits down. We all walked down to the room where we were before, sat, and waited for the show to begin.....

really delicious is really all i can say...i think im still fishing confetti outa my clothes...first time id heard (his sister?) was touring with him! he missed one note on a song and the little face he made was magnificent

Okay...I couldn't sleep anymore, so I decided to come on here and get my reports together! So here it is....from the beginning...

My sister, Christopher, and I all agreed that we should leave at 9:30am. In retrospect, we should have left earlier because we knew the weather was going to be an issue, but really the drive was supposed to only take 6 hrs 35 mins, so we really weren't worried about any time constraints.

So we got on the road at 9am. I was so nervous the whole way and I was working on my gift for Mika nearly the entire way as well! I guess I never learn, because the last time I saw Mika I did the same thing where I was waiting in the queue and still trying to finish my gift! LOL... oh well. :wink2:

The weather the entire way to Chicago was so horrible....it was raining hard and since it was cold outside we were all somewhat concerned about either highdroplaning or fishtailing. Also we had a couple of mishaps where mapquest (never again!) gave us the wrong details, so little by little we were losing time. Around 4:00pm I was really becoming anxious. Nadya had told me to be at the venue at 5:30pm and it wasn't looking good at that point. Also usually Chris is so optimistic that when I asked him about whether or not we would be there before 5:30pm, he just said "It's going to be close." And when he is scared, that's when I *really* become scared!

We hit some really heavy traffic right at 5:00pm. Katherine suggested I call Nadya and let her know I may be a few mins late. I called her and she said it was fine...and to just call her when I was at the front. To make a long story short (yeah, right), I arrived at the venue at 6pm. People, you can't imagine how much I was freaking out!! I was so scared I would be too late and miss my opportunity at a Lollipop Girl....but when I met up with Nadya, she was so easy-going and told me that I was fine and it was okay I was late. Can you all imagine the sigh of relief I gave???? LOL

So then she took me up to meet the girls! It was SO strange walking backstage...and getting to see all of Mika's props waiting to be used. I was feeling so star-struck, especially since I have never been involved in anything like this before! When walking to meet the other girls, I bumped into Luke (ahh, such a sweetie!) and I just said all of the sudden "Hey! It's Luke! How are you?" and he just said "Hey, there, I'm not bad, yourself?" I said I was fine and it was nice to see him.

Nadya and I then walked into this small room and there were the other three girls. :) It was so much fun to meet some new MFC'ers! We all chatted in the same room where the opening band was waiting, although I didn't realize that until they left (oops).

While we were in there, some of the bands members would walk by sporatically. Andy walked by a great deal and at one point I said hello to him and that he was world famous (LOL). He seemed a bit shy and refused to believe that he was famous at all....but of course I insisted. :D Also Cherisse walked by and I asked her for her autograph. I had her sign the photos that we had taken together last June. I handed her the picture and she groaned at the sight of herself and I said in joking sort of way "Hey, you remember me, right? How could you forget?" She said "Oh, yeah, yeah, absolutely!" in the same joking way. It was quite funny. :roftl:

to be continued.....

I can't wait for the rest. !!!!

A while later Nadya came back and told us that we needed to go and get changed into our costumes. We walked up a lot of stairs to the top of the floor and into a very small, darkly lit room where we found Mika's mother and Yasmine. Yasmine was working frantically on a dress, I think trying to sew the hem and Mika's mother was helping the Big Girl (Her name slips my mind now) get dressed.

This was all quite exciting...as everything was becoming very real at that moment! I kept asking the others "Has this sunk in yet???" and none of us really felt like it had! Needless, to say we all got dressed in there and I said to everyone "Well, girls....if we weren't friends before, we definitely are now!" LOL ;)

I noticed that Martin was in the room right next to ours, which was connected by a hallway. He was lying down on a couch and was facing us. I hid behind this big drawer, as I promised Chris that no men would be able to see me change (haha). Anyway, we all got changed and were looking in the mirror....I was basically trying to soak everything in, little by little.

Sidenote: I noticed Mika's silver shoes and striped socks were in a laundry bin on the floor. What a nice collectable that would have been, eh? :wink2:

At one point, Mika's mother had left the room, but had come back and when she did she noticed that the other Amanda was the tallest and that she was not wearing the right dress because Christina was in the dress that was meant for the tallest girl. She seemed a bit frustrated and asked them to change. Whereas, it could have seemed like she was being a perfectionist, I mostly saw it as her wanting the show to be it's absolute best.... It was so obvious that she and Yasmine work hard to help Mika present himself well (especially through the costumes), so I really thought that was a great thing.

After we got dressed and put some make-up on, Mika's mom suggested that we go back downstairs, so that we could sit. At that point I was a bit disappointed we hadn't seen Mika yet....especially to show us the dance steps... but I didn't let that get my spirits down. We all walked down to the room where we were before, sat, and waited for the show to begin.....

PLEASE TELL ME MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it was about five minutes til showtime....we were in the room where all the band would have to walk in order to get to the stage. So first Cherisse, Saranayde, and Luke walked past. Then I think Mickey and Martin... and then right as the door was closing I saw Mika coming down the stairs. GAH! It was so exciting!! When he came in, I think we surprised him, but he just said "Hello there!" and we all said hi and good luck for the show. :)

We all waited until they all were ready to go on stage and then we went to the back entrance of the stage on the left side. It was amazing getting to be back there, in full costume, watching all the crowd go crazy for him. We had a limited view, but each time I caught a good glimpse of him, I grew increasingly excited.

My favorite performances were Relax, Ring Ring, How Much Do You Love Me, and Stuck in the Middle. His vocals were amazing! I didn't notice him doing quite as much jumping as he used to...I think he uses his energy in other ways these days... I definitely think he may be learning to pace himself...

During Any Other World....he had everyone sing the lyrics back to him at one point.... Oh, the look on his face was PRICELESS... He immediately looked at Martin in amazement about the response he got from the crowd. He looked like a happy little schoolboy.

Oh, during Love Today.....no joke, everyone, we had the BEST seat in the house! When he was on top of the drumkit, we got to see him from the front and it was amaaaaaazzzzziiinnnnngggg! He had this look on his face that simply said "Yeah, I'm hot stuff, I know it." We were all hootin' and hollerin' at him! We all said that was the best part of the show. :D

During the gig, I couldn't help but wish at times that I was among the crowd. At one point though, I said to myself "You are not being bumped by any obnoxious people....you have a view of the band that no one else has....and you are getting to be on stage with Mika...."... so when considering those things, I didn't feel so sad. I knew I would never do any of that again and I was so thankful....

to be cont.

Oh, during Love Today.....no joke, everyone, we had the BEST seat in the house! When he was on top of the drumkit, we got to see him from the front and it was amaaaaaazzzzziiinnnnngggg! He had this look on his face that simply said "Yeah, I'm hot stuff, I know it." We were all hootin' and hollerin' at him! We all said that was the best part of the show. :D

to be cont.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TELLING US ABOUT HIS FACE EXPRESSION DURING THAT PART OF THE LOVE TODAY!!!! I WAS WONDERING LAST NIGHT ABOUT HIS FACE AND YOU JUST GAVE ME THE ANSWER.

I REALLY LIKE YOU. I HOPE WE GET TO MEET SOME DAY!!!!!!!

.....It is strange, I didn't feel terribly nervous about going on stage until right when Grace Kelly was ending and then my heart began to pound so hard when the Teddy bear Picnic began. I was even more nervous because Nadya wasn't in sight....but she saved the day and showed up right on time. I told her I was scared because I didn't know where she was and then she said "I never forget!" :)

So she wished us luck and then she pulled me towards the stage (I was first to go out). All of the sudden, she just said "Go....go!" All four of us were holding hands and skipping out to the stage. I collided with Mikey right when I got to center stage because he was walking backwards and bumped right into me (LOL not the best start, is it?) :) But then we finally spread out and were skipping along. I was amazed by the crowd....so many happy people all in the palm of Mika's hand! I tried to see any MFCers and I tried to see Katherine and Christopher, but it was too hard to find their faces among so many people. I tried to dance all over the stage and when the balloons began to fly I was throwing them back to the crowd. I saw Mika nod his head to me like "yes, do that!" and at one point he encouraged all of the LGs to jump along with him. So we did... :) It was utter chaos, which is exactly what I was expecting!

As we left the stage, my heart was pounding so hard and I was completely out of breath. We all walked back the dressingroom and I was on such a high from that. It's so hard to describe....the feeling of being up on stage with him. There's truly nothing that can recreate it!

Once I got changed to my normal clothing, I asked Nadya if it would be possible to give Mika the gift that I made him. I thought he was in the next room, but it turned out it was Martin and Mikey. She seemed really doubtful that this was something she could achieve and I began to grow extremely discouraged...especially since I had put a lot of effort into it. She said we could wait outside for him or that she could give him the gift. Based on the two, I said (disappointingly) that I would take my chances and try to give it to him outside... She then said "You know what....can you come and wait with me downstairs?" and I told her that I could. I waited for Christina to come back from changing and then we left.

We went back the original room that we were in before. We met up with Amanda and Emy and then Nadya told me that we could wait there for Mika, but that she had no idea when he would be coming through there. So it was up to us how long we waited for him. We all decided to stay and Nadya took off.

So we were standing there....not even five mins....and then guess who came through the door?

.....It is strange, I didn't feel terribly nervous about going on stage until right when Grace Kelly was ending and then my heart began to pound so hard when the Teddy bear Picnic began. I was even more nervous because Nadya wasn't in sight....but she saved the day and showed up right on time. I told her I was scared because I didn't know where she was and then she said "I never forget!" :)

So she wished us luck and then she pulled me towards the stage (I was first to go out). All of the sudden, she just said "Go....go!" All four of us were holding hands and skipping out to the stage. I collided with Mikey right when I got to center stage because he was walking backwards and bumped right into me (LOL not the best start, is it?) :) But then we finally spread out and were skipping along. I was amazed by the crowd....so many happy people all in the palm of Mika's hand! I tried to see any MFCers and I tried to see Katherine and Christopher, but it was too hard to find their faces among so many people. I tried to dance all over the stage and when the balloons began to fly I was throwing them back to the crowd. I saw Mika nod his head to me like "yes, do that!" and at one point he encouraged all of the LGs to jump along with him. So we did... :) It was utter chaos, which is exactly what I was expecting!

As we left the stage, my heart was pounding so hard and I was completely out of breath. We all walked back the dressingroom and I was on such a high from that. It's so hard to describe....the feeling of being up on stage with him. There's truly nothing that can recreate it!

Once I got changed to my normal clothing, I asked Nadya if it would be possible to give Mika the gift that I made him. I thought he was in the next room, but it turned out it was Martin and Mikey. She seemed really doubtful that this was something she could achieve and I began to grow extremely discouraged...especially since I had put a lot of effort into it. She said we could wait outside for him or that she could give him the gift. Based on the two, I said (disappointingly) that I would take my chances and try to give it to him outside... She then said "You know what....can you come and wait with me downstairs?" and I told her that I could. I waited for Christina to come back from changing and then we left.

We went back the original room that we were in before. We met up with Amanda and Emy and then Nadya told me that we could wait there for Mika, but that she had no idea when he would be coming through there. So it was up to us how long we waited for him. We all decided to stay and Nadya took off.

So we were standing there....not even five mins....and then guess who came through the door?

AAAH! Major cliffhanger, lol! Keep writing! :roftl:

...yep, you guessed it! The Big M himself! When he walked in, I think we just about tackled him to make sure he would stop to talk to us...LOL He was so nice, though....he asked if we had fun and we all said yes. I asked him if we did okay (I was worried about my performance...that maybe I looked uncoordinated or something) and he said "Oh, you all were brilliant!" or something similar to that. We all asked him if he would be willing to sign/take pictures....and he said that yes, of course he was.

Since we were in a room where people could spot him, he suggested that we move to the stairway where it was a bit more secluded. We all got out things and moved fast in there. He said "Okay, who's first?" and I offered that someone else go since I wasn't quite ready yet. I am not sure of the order in which we went....it's a bit of a blur. Anyway, he told us to let him sign things first, and then give gifts to him.

When it was my turn I handed him the picture of us when I gave him the gift that I made (taken last June). I said "We have met before...." He looked closely at it and said "Hey, I remember you! You're the one that made me that thing....you know, I still have it! We all loved it" (or something similar to this) and let me tell you.....my heart was JUMPING inside! I stupidly said "Really?? Oh my gosh, you have made my day!" (as if to say my day had not *already* been made...LOL! So then I said "Well, I have another one for you!" I handed him my gift and he liked it a lot. I explained what the concepts were (about the songs having something to represent it) and I told him that the Diet Coke cup was not a hand flipping someone off...LOL!! He got a good laugh out of that. :)

He mentioned how he gets so many *really good* gifts from his fans. I said "Well, we have a lot of time on our hands" LOL and he said "No, no serously....all of the stuff is just so great" (He said that after Emy gave him her gift --- which was sooo cool, I might add!)

After that I asked if someone would take a photo of us together...right as we posed together, someone came through the door which would have hit me if Mika hadn't stopped the door from hitting me (I thought that was so sweet....a knight in shining armor, right??? lol ;) ) we apologized to the guy that was trying to come through and we moved over so the path was clear. He put his arm around me, so then I put mine around his too. It was SO great! I love the picture of us. Especially because there was no apple pose....he just gave a genuine smile and so did I. :)

After that I do know that Christina gave him her things and then he had to go. I told him to drive safely to MN because the weather was supposed to get really bad. He said he thought they would be fine, since they would be driving in a big bus. :) We all said thank you to him for the opportunity and thanks for everything else. I told nadya (who had reappeared) thank you for the opportunity as well and she said it was her pleasure.

That basically closes my report....what an amazing time I had. The day started off so horribly, but all of the things I prayed for came true..... I am one thankful little camper!

...yep, you guessed it! The Big M himself! When he walked in, I think we just about tackled him to make sure he would stop to talk to us...LOL He was so nice, though....he asked if we had fun and we all said yes. I asked him if we did okay (I was worried about my performance...that maybe I looked uncoordinated or something) and he said "Oh, you all were brilliant!" or something similar to that. We all asked him if he would be willing to sign/take pictures....and he said that yes, of course he was.

Since we were in a room where people could spot him, he suggested that we move to the stairway where it was a bit more secluded. We all got out things and moved fast in there. He said "Okay, who's first?" and I offered that someone else go since I wasn't quite ready yet. I am not sure of the order in which we went....it's a bit of a blur. Anyway, he told us to let him sign things first, and then give gifts to him.

When it was my turn I handed him the picture of us when I gave him the gift that I made (taken last June). I said "We have met before...." He looked closely at it and said "Hey, I remember you! You're the one that made me that thing....you know, I still have it! We all loved it" (or something similar to this) and let me tell you.....my heart was JUMPING inside! I stupidly said "Really?? Oh my gosh, you have made my day!" (as if to say my day had not *already* been made...LOL! So then I said "Well, I have another one for you!" I handed him my gift and he liked it a lot. I explained what the concepts were (about the songs having something to represent it) and I told him that the Diet Coke cup was not a hand flipping someone off...LOL!! He got a good laugh out of that. :)

He mentioned how he gets so many *really good* gifts from his fans. I said "Well, we have a lot of time on our hands" LOL and he said "No, no serously....all of the stuff is just so great" (He said that after Emy gave him her gift --- which was sooo cool, I might add!)

After that I asked if someone would take a photo of us together...right as we posed together, someone came through the door which would have hit me if Mika hadn't stopped the door from hitting me (I thought that was so sweet....a knight in shining armor, right??? lol ;) ) we apologized to the guy that was trying to come through and we moved over so the path was clear. He put his arm around me, so then I put mine around his too. It was SO great! I love the picture of us. Especially because there was no apple pose....he just gave a genuine smile and so did I. :)

After that I do know that Christina gave him her things and then he had to go. I told him to drive safely to MN because the weather was supposed to get really bad. He said he thought they would be fine, since they would be driving in a big bus. :) We all said thank you to him for the opportunity and thanks for everything else. I told nadya (who had reappeared) thank you for the opportunity as well and she said it was her pleasure.

That basically closes my report....what an amazing time I had. The day started off so horribly, but all of the things I prayed for came true..... I am one thankful little camper!

OMG what an amazing report !!!!!!!I've read it all!!!!!

But I want also to see some pictures !!!

I am working on pictures now, although I am not sure if I have enough time to post them right now! I have class and I have to work today as well. I will see what I can do!

Oh, thankfully my wonderful bf was able to take pics...and he also recorded a little bit of Lollipop too!