REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA@ House of Blues in Chicago: 05-02-2008

Niki27

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we were in a room where people could spot him, he suggested that we move to the stairway where it was a bit more secluded.

That's how date rapists getcha.

Not saying Mika's a date rapist. Just pointing out a fact.:wink2:

HURRY UP AND POST PICTURES!

Thanks for all the welcomes, everyone! :thumb_yello:

I've been on some pretty unfriendly forums before, but you guys are far from that. Amanada always talked highly of you guys on the No Doubt forum, so I guess she wasn't lying.

I just finished my workout (I made sure to do it today because I didn't get around to it yesterday), so I'm gonna start working on the pictures and videos!

I've been on some pretty unfriendly forums before, but you guys are far from that. Amanada always talked highly of you guys on the No Doubt forum, so I guess she wasn't lying.

I just finished my workout (I made sure to do it today because I didn't get around to it yesterday), so I'm gonna start working on the pictures and videos!

Look forward to seeing them :thumb_yello:

I guess you got a fairly good workout last night at the show.LOL!

I know I feel like I did after the UK shows, heh heh.

Quick question.... what are the names of the non-album songs he played?

I know the Eurythmics cover.

There's the one where it's kinda folky sounding and they're all up in front of the stage using washboards and stuff. I think he played that last time, or maybe it just sounds familiar.

And what's the name of the new one where he goes "do do dodododo do do dododo" at the end. He had everyone singing that at the end.

There's the one where it's kinda folky sounding and they're all up in front of the stage using washboards and stuff. I think he played that last time, or maybe it just sounds familiar.

And what's the name of the new one where he goes "do do dodododo do do dododo" at the end. He had everyone singing that at the end.

The first one you mentioned is "Holy Johnny", and the second one is "How Much Do You Love Me". :thumb_yello:

the first one is Holy Johnny, the second one How much do you love me

I left school an Hour early, to get ready...in order to catch the 3:30 train. Everything was great, than I started getting a massive headache! Still, I didn't let it ruin my spirit. We stayed at the station for a while, picking up snacks and what not, before I hailed a cab to get to HOB. We got there, and it was rainy/ cold. But I wasn't bummed out or anything. the line was not bad at all...even though there were people already inside who had passed the line (totally not right since HOB posted in advance that they would not have the restaurant open for the gig!) But I didn't care, I just waited in the cold and thought about Mika.

I met alot of great people, and also some MFC'ers

* all of you were so sweet and wonderful! *

So anyway, my brother in law met us in the line and said "Hey girls, come with me!" I was like "Rudy, I'm not going anywhere."

" No no, its ok...come with me I've got the VIP sky box for us..."

I couldn't believe it, and I said "but, I wanna be by the stage..."

He said, "You'll be by the stage, I'll make sure of it."

Rudy has alot of "connections" lol...so somehow, they were able to be in the sky box while me and my cousin went down to the stage area.

It was great, because not many people were there, and we managed to get a good spot...second row! Of course throughout the show, it became harder and harder to see...but still, it was a blessing being that close.

There was a barrier in front of the stage, so it wasn't as intimate as his first gig at the metro. Still, the energy was brilliant. Than, I started noticing alot of drunks! LOL They were all very funny, but kinda got in the way!

So, I heard everyone scream at one point, and I looked up!

I had wondered about who Mika's opening act would be, and WOW was I surprised!

The first person I saw to come on stage was a skinny guy, in skinny jeans with a huge head of hair! I turned to my cousin and was like "Oh My God, he's so cute! He kinda looks like Slash!" LOL there was something about him.

So he went to the piano and started playing, it was wonderful! He really got into it! At one point he leaned his head back and turned to look our way! I smiled at him, because I was just so surprised at how wonderful he was... and he smiled!!!!!!!!!! :wub2:

His guitarist on the right...the blonde one was also looking our way alot. i was just trying to cheer them on, because I really thought they were great!

The lead singer, the guy with THE HAIR:wub2: said " You guys are so rad!" that was so cute. The band is called The Midway State by the way!

http://www.myspace.com/themidwaystate

So they graciously left the stage, and music started blasting...a familiar "mika" playlist...consisting of all kinds of music.

THAN, 9 to 5 came on and I KNEW HE WAS ABOUT TO MAKE HIS ENTRANCE:mf_lustslow:

wonderful reports everybody! but really....reports are like books- they are 10x better with pictures!:naughty: But really! I spend all day in school and have to come home and have to write an essay for my egg headed lit teacher and i don't get any pictures!? what's up with that...!

Glad you all had a great time! especially you mandi! I bet you were a super cool lolli!:thumb_yello:

Just remembered- before Mika's set started, it sounded like they played a snippet of the original 'Hair' song that we now know as Mika's infamous New Year's Eve "Ain't Got No Chicken" song- it was pretty funny!

I'm almost ready! I'm so sorry this is taking forever and a half. I think I've got ADD--I keep getting distracted. I'm darkening some of my pictures to make them look normal instead of all bright as hell from the lighting they were using there.

So has anyone actually asked Mika about the chicken/ticket thing yet?? there were loads of ppl who said they wld so do we have an answer yet??

if no-one has, i already said i'd ask at hammersmith if i get the privilege to meet him :thumb_yello: