REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA@ House of Blues in Chicago: 05-02-2008

Niki27

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...yep, you guessed it! The Big M himself! When he walked in, I think we just about tackled him to make sure he would stop to talk to us...LOL He was so nice, though....he asked if we had fun and we all said yes. I asked him if we did okay (I was worried about my performance...that maybe I looked uncoordinated or something) and he said "Oh, you all were brilliant!" or something similar to that. We all asked him if he would be willing to sign/take pictures....and he said that yes, of course he was.

Since we were in a room where people could spot him, he suggested that we move to the stairway where it was a bit more secluded. We all got out things and moved fast in there. He said "Okay, who's first?" and I offered that someone else go since I wasn't quite ready yet. I am not sure of the order in which we went....it's a bit of a blur. Anyway, he told us to let him sign things first, and then give gifts to him.

When it was my turn I handed him the picture of us when I gave him the gift that I made (taken last June). I said "We have met before...." He looked closely at it and said "Hey, I remember you! You're the one that made me that thing....you know, I still have it! We all loved it" (or something similar to this) and let me tell you.....my heart was JUMPING inside! I stupidly said "Really?? Oh my gosh, you have made my day!" (as if to say my day had not *already* been made...LOL! So then I said "Well, I have another one for you!" I handed him my gift and he liked it a lot. I explained what the concepts were (about the songs having something to represent it) and I told him that the Diet Coke cup was not a hand flipping someone off...LOL!! He got a good laugh out of that. :)

He mentioned how he gets so many *really good* gifts from his fans. I said "Well, we have a lot of time on our hands" LOL and he said "No, no serously....all of the stuff is just so great" (He said that after Emy gave him her gift --- which was sooo cool, I might add!)

After that I asked if someone would take a photo of us together...right as we posed together, someone came through the door which would have hit me if Mika hadn't stopped the door from hitting me (I thought that was so sweet....a knight in shining armor, right??? lol ;) ) we apologized to the guy that was trying to come through and we moved over so the path was clear. He put his arm around me, so then I put mine around his too. It was SO great! I love the picture of us. Especially because there was no apple pose....he just gave a genuine smile and so did I. :)

After that I do know that Christina gave him her things and then he had to go. I told him to drive safely to MN because the weather was supposed to get really bad. He said he thought they would be fine, since they would be driving in a big bus. :) We all said thank you to him for the opportunity and thanks for everything else. I told nadya (who had reappeared) thank you for the opportunity as well and she said it was her pleasure.

That basically closes my report....what an amazing time I had. The day started off so horribly, but all of the things I prayed for came true..... I am one thankful little camper!

i am so happy you got to touch him!!!!!. I met him three times this weekend and was so scared of touching him at all. We chatted that's all!!

please don't forget to post the picture you took with him. I want to see it so bad.

Your experience is unforgettable!!!!!!!!!!!!! You deserve it!!! You worke very hard on your gift.

...yep, you guessed it! The Big M himself! When he walked in, I think we just about tackled him to make sure he would stop to talk to us...LOL He was so nice, though....he asked if we had fun and we all said yes. I asked him if we did okay (I was worried about my performance...that maybe I looked uncoordinated or something) and he said "Oh, you all were brilliant!" or something similar to that. We all asked him if he would be willing to sign/take pictures....and he said that yes, of course he was.

Since we were in a room where people could spot him, he suggested that we move to the stairway where it was a bit more secluded. We all got out things and moved fast in there. He said "Okay, who's first?" and I offered that someone else go since I wasn't quite ready yet. I am not sure of the order in which we went....it's a bit of a blur. Anyway, he told us to let him sign things first, and then give gifts to him.

When it was my turn I handed him the picture of us when I gave him the gift that I made (taken last June). I said "We have met before...." He looked closely at it and said "Hey, I remember you! You're the one that made me that thing....you know, I still have it! We all loved it" (or something similar to this) and let me tell you.....my heart was JUMPING inside! I stupidly said "Really?? Oh my gosh, you have made my day!" (as if to say my day had not *already* been made...LOL! So then I said "Well, I have another one for you!" I handed him my gift and he liked it a lot. I explained what the concepts were (about the songs having something to represent it) and I told him that the Diet Coke cup was not a hand flipping someone off...LOL!! He got a good laugh out of that. :)

He mentioned how he gets so many *really good* gifts from his fans. I said "Well, we have a lot of time on our hands" LOL and he said "No, no serously....all of the stuff is just so great" (He said that after Emy gave him her gift --- which was sooo cool, I might add!)

After that I asked if someone would take a photo of us together...right as we posed together, someone came through the door which would have hit me if Mika hadn't stopped the door from hitting me (I thought that was so sweet....a knight in shining armor, right??? lol ;) ) we apologized to the guy that was trying to come through and we moved over so the path was clear. He put his arm around me, so then I put mine around his too. It was SO great! I love the picture of us. Especially because there was no apple pose....he just gave a genuine smile and so did I. :)

After that I do know that Christina gave him her things and then he had to go. I told him to drive safely to MN because the weather was supposed to get really bad. He said he thought they would be fine, since they would be driving in a big bus. :) We all said thank you to him for the opportunity and thanks for everything else. I told nadya (who had reappeared) thank you for the opportunity as well and she said it was her pleasure.

That basically closes my report....what an amazing time I had. The day started off so horribly, but all of the things I prayed for came true..... I am one thankful little camper!

Oh Mandi! Quite a different experience from the last time we saw him in Chicago!

I am absolutely thrilled all of this happened for you. Thank you for such a vivid report – I could almost feel all the emotions you must have experienced throughout that day.

I’m so glad you shared this with us.

What a wonderful report Manda - he sounds so thoughtful and

almost shy off stage - yet 100% sex on legs when he is

performing.

Glad you had a great time - and am looking forward to the pictures!!! :thumb_yello:

It's like what someone else said...he almost seems to be two people in one. He's so dynamic and energetic onstage--unstoppable! And then offstage he's quieter and very sweet. I love it. It just shows us how great of a performer he is. He knows when he's "on," and he knows how to put on d*mn good show!!!

No problem, Suzy! Yes, it was quite different from Chicago! Gosh, that feels like so long ago....both times were equally amazing though!

But yeah, I really wanted to share with you all how I felt.....my entire day was a bag of emotions...but in the end, it all came together, thankfully!

Hey everyone!

I stayed home today :) I'm not feeling very well though. I should start by saying this about last night: It was brilliant! I was pretty close to the front, maybe 2nd row, and really I just loved every minute...

Now let me say this: I WAS FEELING REALLY REALLY SICK :(... Cramping up, and with a massive headache... It was just like last time! I couldn't believe it...to top it off, my feet were killing me! I know I deserve it lol..because everyone told me not to wear those heels...BUT THAT WAS THE WORST PAIN I HAVE EVER BEEN IN!

I'll write a more "bonjour" report later, but for now I need to know if Mika came out after the show????? because sadly, I was too sick to stay!:thumbdown:

No, Melanie, I don't think anyone saw him after- we waited at different spots until 11:30 pm, it sounds like they left right away because of the bad weather. C'est le vie.

Sorry you didn't feel well, but wasn't it magnificent??

Thanks guys! I just wanted to be sure lol

*sigh*

I hope Mana atleast gets her copy of the yearbook signed!!!!

I was devastated that I couldn't stay!

Mandi, your report is great:thumb_yello: I'm glad you had such a nice time! And I did too, it just didn't come full circle for me :(

I tried to upload some pictures, but my computer is moving slowly today, so they will have to wait! Sorry...hopefully someone else can get some up to give you all a treat! I will be back later tonight after work!

Melanie, that stinks about not getting your book signed. :( I hope there will be anotehr chance for you in the future!!!

Hey everyone!

I stayed home today :) I'm not feeling very well though. I should start by saying this about last night: It was brilliant! I was pretty close to the front, maybe 2nd row, and really I just loved every minute...

Now let me say this: I WAS FEELING REALLY REALLY SICK :(... Cramping up, and with a massive headache... It was just like last time! I couldn't believe it...to top it off, my feet were killing me! I know I deserve it lol..because everyone told me not to wear those heels...BUT THAT WAS THE WORST PAIN I HAVE EVER BEEN IN!

I'll write a more "bonjour" report later, but for now I need to know if Mika came out after the show????? because sadly, I was too sick to stay!:thumbdown:

I was pretty sick for the NYC show. two days before I had the flu!!! But after standing outside in the cold for almost 14 hours it went away!!! LOL

Can't wait for your report. Feel better!!!!

Amanda, your narrative was priceless, it sounds like you had a great time !Their attention to detail does pay off, I noticed the freckles right way, you all looked darling! Ok, that's it, I have to get some sleep, it's been over 30 hours. That was a night we'll always remember!

I tried to upload some pictures, but my computer is moving slowly today, so they will have to wait! Sorry...hopefully someone else can get some up to give you all a treat! I will be back later tonight after work!

Thank you for trying!!!!!

bty "sucking too hard on your lollipop. hehehehehehe.

I just felt saying that to you!!! :naughty: :naughty:

Hey everyone, I'm new here! I've been lurking a lot lately, but decided to join in on the fun.

I went to the show last night and it was amazing! At first I was worried that it would be the same show as when he was here in June, but there were plenty of differences. I loved the "Missionary Man" cover! I loved all his crowd interaction. There aren't too many bands/artists that interact more than a few times during a show. We got plenty of chances to sing along. The best was when he had us all trying to do the "zoo-ba-de-ba-bops" or whatever. I think we surprised him how well we were repeating the long ones (although I trailed off a little. lol)

But anyway, I took a ton of pictures (but they didn't come out so well) and at least one video from each song (not full length or anything). I'm going to uploading the pictures and videos starting in about an hour and I'll be sure to post them on here. (are there any rules/regulations about posting pictures or youtube videos on here, I know some forums are strict about them). I'm uploading the pix to my facebook, so I'll just make a public album to share.

Does anyone know the complete setlist? I think I know all the songs, but I can't remember the orders of a few of them in the middle.

Oh yeah, and I saw mandilambi! I know her from the No Doubt forum, and she's the reason I found this forum.

Hey everyone, I'm new here! I've been lurking a lot lately, but decided to join in on the fun.

I went to the show last night and it was amazing! At first I was worried that it would be the same show as when he was here in June, but there were plenty of differences. I loved the "Missionary Man" cover! I loved all his crowd interaction. There aren't too many bands/artists that interact more than a few times during a show. We got plenty of chances to sing along. The best was when he had us all trying to do the "zoo-ba-de-ba-bops" or whatever. I think we surprised him how well we were repeating the long ones (although I trailed off a little. lol)

But anyway, I took a ton of pictures (but they didn't come out so well) and at least one video from each song (not full length or anything). I'm going to uploading the pictures and videos starting in about an hour and I'll be sure to post them on here. (are there any rules/regulations about posting pictures or youtube videos on here, I know some forums are strict about them). I'm uploading the pix to my facebook, so I'll just make a public album to share.

Does anyone know the complete setlist? I think I know all the songs, but I can't remember the orders of a few of them in the middle.

Oh yeah, and I saw mandilambi! I know her from the No Doubt forum, and she's the reason I found this forum.

Welcome,and what a great way to 1st post with a show report.

You are okay to post the links for your vids from youtube and to put your photos on too.

Welcome,and what a great way to 1st post with a show report.

You are okay to post the links for your vids from youtube and to put your photos on too.

Yes, MORE than welcome! Post as much as you like, really. Don't hold back. :roftl:

And welcome to the forum! I'm fairly new myself.

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for your report, and I can't wait to see your pics and videos! Glad you had a good time, and glad that our lovely Amanda helped you find the MFC!

Welcome to the forum - hope you have lots of fun here. Glad

you enjoyed the concert - and thanks for your report. :thumb_yello:

Okay everyone here's my report!!

I was waiting for this day forever! I swear I've been counting days since I secured tickets! Our main concern for the day was the weather, and we were wondering if Mika might cancel the gig. I was pretty certain he wasn't going to. The drive up was kinda tretcherous but we got there safe.

I got to the venue about quarter to 5ish. It was kinda cold, but my sister graciously bought me some of those hand warmers. Good idea for concerts it was a bit chilly out!! While I was in the queue, I realized I was standing in front of Melanie (Bonjour Mika1990) So we talked for a bit and I gave her my extra flashing hearts.

The security kept telling us that if we had cameras we would have to check them. Okay, to be honest, this was a joke.. They wanded you over with the metal detector, and felt up the bottom of our handbags. My camera was in a side pocket of my handbag, and got in undetected! I got into the venue and waited for a while. The opening act was a Toronto based band called Midway state. The lead singer had this crazy curly fro, and a whole bunch of people were like "MIKA!" like half the crowd was like "THAT's NOT MIKA!" they were pretty good!!

Finally Mika came out after changing the set and all. Opened w/ "Relax" The entire show was amazing! I was waiting for him to do "How Much Do You Love Me." I could've melted into a pile of goo at that point. "Missionary Man", was awesome!!! It was really interesting how he commented that he's not that well precieved in the States, and yet the tour is sold out.. or that he was told that he can't sing "Billy Brown" in the States and such... and yet he's singing to a sold out crowd! it was really amazing.

All the theatrics of the show were amazing! The blow-up baloons, the confetti, the streamers, the lights, It was all phemon! He def pulls out all the stops! The thing I noticed is that his accent live, sounds soo different.. maybe it was just me.. but that was my observation.

Mika mentioned that the venue is "delicious" I was like, "and so are you!!!"

I do have to say the venue itself for me was okay. The crowd was beyond pushy, and of course this really tall guy was like front and centre. when the crowd started jumping, I swear, the entire wood floor shook!! I didn't get to buy a t-shirt (devastated :( ) because I was pushed down the stairs at the end of the show, and once you're down, the security is really strict about not letting you back up..

We got home around 1 am. It was sooo worth it. Every minute. Mika is such a dynamic and versatile performer and I honestly can't wait until he comes back to the States for another tour (hopefully in better weather) !!

Amanda I was so excited to see you on stage!! I wanted to meet you but there wasn't time.. I tried to get a photo, but by that time, I noticed that security was flashing a flashlight in the direction of certain people who had cameras... so I was really nervous that they'd take my mem stick and erase it... sad...

alright lemme edit my photos up a bit and I'll post asap