REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: MIKA in Salt Lake City, UT -- In the Venue: 08-02-2008

dcdeb

Thanks!! :thumb_yello: What do you mean the guy thing? When someone says "guys" and they mean people or girls....? :)

Norwalk - thanks! And I think a triangular chicken sounds awesome! lol

Oh haha, I mean the little brown person :lol3:

I was just refering the the brown person thing on the shirt!

I didn't know what to call it :wink2:

But i love it! I always giggle when i see it :)

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey everyone! SLC is a great place to visit! Mika just performed at ONE little place. I know there are a ton of better venues, they are just much bigger and they probably didn't think they would sell too many tickets here. We do have many medium outside venues that would be perfect for him! I did ask someone about his bathroom, the bar guy, and he did say, "Yes, they have better bathrooms!" It was just ours (the public) that were so terrible. I do have to say I met Mika's mom in the bathroom. She was very kind. I asked why he came to SLC, and she replied, "He goes to where his fans are!" Again, SLC is beautiful! Just this one area of Downtown isn't the best. (Every city has there low point.)

To whomever asked about the shirts: My hubby is artistic and used vinyl lettering for my shirt, and an airbrush for the kids! I am lucky to have a talented hubby, for spur of the moment requests!

can someone post everything that happened again cuz i dont want to have to look through the thread again cuz i am feeling lazy lol what did they do about the storm and stuff

They borrowed instruments, and did a shorter accoustic version

of the show!! They decorated the stage with lights, couches and

chairs!! :thumb_yello:

They borrowed instruments, and did a shorter accoustic version

of the show!! They decorated the stage with lights, couches and

chairs!! :thumb_yello:

IT was shorter! how much shorter! but that sounds fun with the couches and stuff did he sit on the couches or at the piano the whole time? was there a stage invasion or did that only happen at terminal 5 and orpheum theatre

IT was shorter! how much shorter! but that sounds fun with the couches and stuff did he sit on the couches or at the piano the whole time? was there a stage invasion or did that only happen at terminal 5 and orpheum theatre

He could not do Big Girls, Ring Ring and one other - he sat at

the keyboard or stood - Saranayde and Luke sat on chairs when

they were not doing something else, and there was no stage invasion!!!

No room for a stage invasion. Does anyone know how to upload video faster. We are trying to on youtube and it takes forever and doesn't seem to work well. We are using a Mac, so any help would be nice. We have the video of him knocking his mouth and talking!

45m show

no stage invasion, no props, no conffeties (sp?), more close and personal and louder for him (missing the ear piece)

CONGRATULATIONS MIKA FOR YOUR

GRAMMY NOMINATION

for

"BEST DANCE RECORDING"-"LOVE TODAY"

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tcn49zHLt0

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Amzac782s

There was HEAVY COMPETITION for this NOMINATION.

HERE'S DAVID BURGER (Salt Lake Tribune) again with a piece about

the 50th GRAMMY AWARDS + a few comments from M I K A

about the Nomination & the Award Show (2nd Nominee down in the piece.)

"WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING A GRAMMY . . . "

http://www.sltrib.com//ci_8199114

MIKA GOOD LUCK TONIGHT ON YOUR 1st GRAMMY NOMINATION!

no he never sings erase live so u didnt really miss it lol i dont think he likes the song much but i cant believe he didnt do big girl or ring ring why didnt he do them???

no instuments...they didn't have their instruments, they arranjed just a few to play

wow, every show sounds better than the last, thanks everyone for sharing...

and, in Chicago, more than Mardi Gras beads got thrown on stage-

someone threw a pair of men's briefs (maroon with gray trim) on the left part of the stage, in front of Martin!

That would make an interesting exhibit "Things fans have thrown on stage:"

In Dusseldorf on 03-11-07 some people threw a bra on stage, which he picked up with an amused face and dangled over the head of an unsuspecting security guy who was standing with his back to the stage.

Mika found his little joke so funny:roftl: .

Then he started singing whichever song he was going to sing at that moment, like nothing had happenned. It was funny!

In Dusseldorf on 03-11-07 some people threw a bra on stage, which he picked up with an amused face and dangled over the head of an unsuspecting security guy who was standing with his back to the stage.

Mika found his little joke so funny:roftl: .

Then he started singing whichever song he was going to sing at that moment, like nothing had happenned. It was funny!

:roftl: That's really funny! Do you know if there is footage of it?

That set looks like the front room of some old mansion house!!!

What a wonderful setting!!! :wub2:

I thought it looked a bit like the setting for the GK video, I loved it.

Thanks everyone for the detailed reports, videos and pictures, this looks like a rare treat that won't be repeated unless he decides to do an acoustic tour.

And I've been thinking, I think Mika lost money with this gig, having to refund money and renting instruments, I wonder how many artists do that!:punk:

That set looks like the front room of some old mansion house!!!

What a wonderful setting!!! :wub2:

I thought it looked a bit like the setting for the GK video, I loved it.

Thanks everyone for the detailed reports, videos and pictures, this looks like a rare treat that won't be repeated unless he decides to do an acoustic tour.

And I've been thinking, I think Mika lost money with this gig, having to refund money and renting instruments, I wonder how many artists do that!:punk:

i thought the same! :thumb_yello:

Can I tell you, not to boast but rather to say, I love Mika enough for coming to SLC that we didn't accept the refund for 2 tickets! So, maybe others felt the same way (hopefully!) Maybe that will help him realize how much we are grateful :)