REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: MIKA in Salt Lake City, UT -- In the Venue: 08-02-2008

dcdeb

Can I tell you, not to boast but rather to say, I love Mika enough for coming to SLC that we didn't accept the refund for 2 tickets! So, maybe others felt the same way (hopefully!) Maybe that will help him realize how much we are grateful :)

a fan can be recognizable from this! :thumb_yello:

oh ............we are mad! :roftl:

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I tell you, not to boast but rather to say, I love Mika enough for coming to SLC that we didn't accept the refund for 2 tickets! So, maybe others felt the same way (hopefully!) Maybe that will help him realize how much we are grateful :)

Yea, we had 3 tickets for toronto, and it turns out i didn't end up needing any of them but i never got a refund and i didn't really care that much because i think i got above and beyond what i originally wanted. :blush-anim-cl:

:roftl: That's really funny! Do you know if there is footage of it?

There is indeed (taken by me), it's here. After he speaks for a bit and before he starts singing, he picks it up and waves it over the guy's head. It's quite dark but hopefully you'll see it:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=21498593

That's really sweet:wub2:

Here's the Encore...........YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deb, you can hear me talking to you in it. Yep, it's there forever. LOL

:roftl: a lill respect gals! don't WOOOOOOOOOOH aaall the time!

aaaw I luv when he starts to strum the piano:wub2: and Martin's accent is sooo smexy:naughty:

Here's the Encore...........YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, the MFC is going to disappear for about 10 minutes. LMAO

That was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

Thank you SO much Jennifer,Garth and Charlie, for all the amazing pics and reports.

Those pics of Mika and Luke fighting for the keyboard are sooo funny!!

Btw, I found this in youtube, it's really funny, when they explain that Mika always messes the one note up, and for radio performances (where they need to make sure they get it right!!) they get Luke to crouch behind the stool and play it himself:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4B24DZk833Q

:wub2:

Charlie, I can't wait for your videos now so please hurry up!!!

Those pics of Mika and the band are priceless-they seem so "natural" and they all look like they're having tons of fun.

I can't help thinking that I'd like his gigs to turn a bit more spontaneous and natural again, it has so much charm, far better imo than the overly orchestrated and pre-planned show he's doing now.

Don't get me wrong, I love his show, but I think I'd prefer something a bit more "spur of the moment" to a point, so it seems more approachable and natural. Just like this one *sigh*.

Charlie, I really hope you managed to get Everybody's Talking on video!!!

Anyway I will now wait patiently........

That was so funny! Great vid!

Ack...only one video has managed to upload. This is taking forever. Well, if y'all want to see Grace Kelly, from the start of the show, here it is. BTW- My program made me do a cheesey intro. I think I've learned how to take that off now...but, won't come off tonight. LOL

Thanks Charlie, that was great. I'm avidly awaiting the rest of them.

There is indeed (taken by me), it's here. After he speaks for a bit and before he starts singing, he picks it up and waves it over the guy's head. It's quite dark but hopefully you'll see it:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=21498593

Thanks for this Sariflor. I'd not seen it and it's a really good recording of the song. There's a whole lot of great stuff on myspacetv that I didn't know was there!

Now, the MFC is going to disappear for about 10 minutes. LMAO

Fantastic Charlie! This is really good. Doesn't he just look so happy in it? And he mucks around with the crowd and makes it seem like an event between friends, not just a performance. I'm not saying correctly what I mean (and it's not even like English is my second language or anything!) Anyway, thanks again.

Okay, at the beginning, he says,

"We are going to write some thank you letters to Mother Nature."

"Quite Frankly, I've had more fun this way anyway."

"You're Loud!"

"You know, we're actually quite stumped. We don't really know what else to play."

"Understood"

"We'll give you some Bach"

"It was definitely there." Talking about hitting the right note.

"Wait a minute..wait a minute. Okay, I'll get to it..don't worry."

"blah, blah, blah...there's one God foresaken note. Right there. And, tonight is one of the first times I've gotten it right in about 6 months."

Martin: "Am I allowed to tell them that I actually did it on the radio?"

Mika: "I can't hear you?" Martin repeats himself.

Mika: "When I'm on the radio, I'm not the one actually playing it...I get someone else to stand there. Then, Luke comes up behind him and Mika says, "Exactly."

Mika: "But you know, I'll F*ck it up." Then, he does.

Hope this helps. LOL