They don't get him!!!!

CazGirl

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He does not follow current fashions - he says that, and we know that...:blush-anim-cl:

Fashion Police is about who is in fashion - :cool:

Answer - not Mika!:sneaky2:

He does it deliberately, out of choice. Why are you surprised? :wink2:

Yes he looks good, and I preferred Mika's clothes to what others were wearing. But current fashion is for simple, not heavily accessorised, and Mika was all about how many accessories can I cram on me, even to my shoelaces!

ROFL

He had an armful of bracelets, multiple necklaces, large scarf, not a simple minimised tie!:lmao:

He broke scads of the current fashion rules, and loked sinfully gorgeus doing it. Prince would be proud!

Another thought - trend setters do not follow, they lead. Watch for future clues of Mika following! We'll know he's 'made it' when he gets imitiators!

Fashion is all in the eye of the beholder. If a person is comfortable enough in their own skin to walk out of the house in their bathrobe, then good on them. I think Mika looks yummy in anything he wears. As for the review, I don't know. These people are getting paid to say this stuff. I often wonder if they really mean it, or they are just saying what they are supposed to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlnqIq4GitU

"he looks as if he's about to meet Moses" ?????

Who the feck ARE THESE PEOPLE???? That outfit was the best I've seen yet, but they're slandering it so much!! I mean, i know everyones entitled to their opinion, but saying "THAT IS GOD AWFUL" and "not my cup of tea" are two entirely different things!!

CazGirl is not amused.

it's hard for them to keep their eyes open, you see: they tend to stretch their facial features too much, due to all the botox and various silicon they have implanted all over their faces... :fisch:

it's a hard life :mf_rosetinted:

Mika is dressing in his own style. In hollywood you get on fashion police if you do not look like everybody else. Mika is being himself and that is all that matters. If everybody dressed the same then we all would be the same. Being himself is what we like most about Mika. Those people on fashion police need to get a life.

The Meyer Twins

Did u guys hear that woman say: 'Ethnic influence, kind of Moroccan' :roftl:

So Morocco is the country that is immediately associated with 'ethnic' in her mind. She totally forgets Mika's American and Lebanese ethnic origin, supposing she knows that much about him. Whatever! Cause whenever Morocco is mentioned i go :punk:

She clearly doesn't know what she's talking about, that's why they let her talk :naughty:

I, as a Dutch-Moroccan, think Mika looks beautiful! This is a beautiful outfit and besides, Mika can wear anything and look beautiful!

Eh, their comments didn't bug me that much. The show only has the opinions of four people and it's meant to be entertaining. I'm not going to start bashing the show and the people just because they didn't like what Mika wore. I myself thought the scarf was overkill but then again that's just my opinion and Mika is entitled to wear whatever he wants. I just found it a little funny that they contradicted themselves by saying "it's the Grammy's, rock and roll, let's have fun, etc" and then when people like Mika dress more casual or "ethnic" or funky or whatever, then it's "he needs to do more..." They said the same thing about another girl and I thought she looked great too. Either way, I think they're entertaining and I like hearing what they think. Plus, I absolutely love Jay.

I thought the bracelet comment was a little harsh, but probably only because LadyGodiva made it and they don't know that it was actually quite a nice gesture of Mika (whether he actually knew it or not either).

I'm actually glad the one guy called him the worst dressed because Mika got singled out (even if it was for a bad reason) and I'm sure some people were like, "Hey, who is this guy?" I would be more inclined to be curious about someone on the worst dressed list than I am on the best dressed list. That could just be me but whatever.

Eh, their comments didn't bug me that much. The show only has the opinions of four people and it's meant to be entertaining. I'm not going to start bashing the show and the people just because they didn't like what Mika wore. I myself thought the scarf was overkill but then again that's just my opinion and Mika is entitled to wear whatever he wants. I just found it a little funny that they contradicted themselves by saying "it's the Grammy's, rock and roll, let's have fun, etc" and then when people like Mika dress more casual or "ethnic" or funky or whatever, then it's "he needs to do more..." They said the same thing about another girl and I thought she looked great too. Either way, I think they're entertaining and I like hearing what they think. Plus, I absolutely love Jay.

I thought the bracelet comment was a little harsh, but probably only because LadyGodiva made it and they don't know that it was actually quite a nice gesture of Mika (whether he actually knew it or not either).

I'm actually glad the one guy called him the worst dressed because Mika got singled out (even if it was for a bad reason) and I'm sure some people were like, "Hey, who is this guy?" I would be more inclined to be curious about someone on the worst dressed list than I am on the best dressed list. That could just be me but whatever.

I agree. The whole tone of the show is just to have a bit of fun, and no one really takes it quite too seriously. The critic who banned Mika named Beyonce as his Worst-Dressed Female, for goodness sake! And most fashion people loved her dress!

I was overjoyed that they spent so much time on Mika--the exposure was great! All the other singers they talked about were the A-Listers here, that's for sure.

It really didn;t matter if they loved what he wore or hated it. It got him noticed. The worst thing would have been if they thought "he was just all-right" You never want people to say "you are just all-right."

Hmmmm, where did i hear that before? :wink2: "

Help? I can't undestand everything they are saying. Can someone tell me what they she sais between "I just want a little more and like........tragic? :blink:

I have played it like 5 times and I still can't figure it out!

I think she said, "and the bracelet is like dreadfully tragic" I hope that was the part you were trying to get.

I think he looked great! because he has the confidence that goes with it!

and the bracelets are awesome too, as long as HE likes them so that makes it ok! :mf_rosetinted:

I think it has never been Mika's intention to follow fashion, he has always been the one making it. So does it really matter what they say? I am not trying to put down the show, but as CazGirl said, they don't get him. But he has the MFC approval. :wink2:

I think it's just their job to critique people, and I guess they just didn't like it, but it's only an opinion.

I'm sure everyone on here can say that he looked great at the grammys, no question, I just think they don't know him well enough to appreciate it.

hmm, maybe if they actually played him here ( mis-placed anger:cool: ) people would have a little bit more background on him and other things he wears and that outfit wouldn't be so strange to them. Because he clearly wasn't worst dressed, there were manyyyy other people I would have put on that list instead of him.

Not that I agree, just so you know. I was purely quoting.:boxed:

hahaha! I know you were just quoting.I don't agree either, I just wanted to understand what they were saying!

I think the bracelets rock! :punk: They were given to him by LadyGodiva in Toronto and he hasn't taken them off since! So that must mean he loves them!!!

I think they are just saying that because it's not the traditional GOLD AND DIAMONDS jewelry of the Grammy's.

Even if I didn't like Mika, if I saw him in the street or anywhere I would look twice, he just oozes style, to me anyway.

careful Babs, you're in danger of becoming a real fan. Steady on, yeah? :mf_rosetinted:

and yeah i know it's an opinion, but it's just HOW they do it that bugs me. Like, how they say THAT'S THIS AND THIS IS THAT, not I think that's this, or I think this is that...they make it sound like a fact or a statement, rather than an opinion.