REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ Brixton Academy, London : 26-02-2008

Niki27

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Text from Christine:

Gig was great. Jennie, Yop, Cynthia, Kata, and Aurelian got on stage during Lollipop. Sounds like Mika came down into the audience, couldn't get back over the barrier, and had to have security's help getting back onto the stage".

:punk:

Thanks for posting StandardToaster - I would have done it sooner, but RL in the way again (I was actually at work! And cell phone is acting up)

Christine did manage to call me after the gig (I was in my car going home from work) and yes she helped Kata and Olivia (Yoppapop) get over the barrier, but by the time she tried, she was caught dangling over:naughty: and security told her "that's enough"! ...:thumbdown:

I am so thrilled about Wendi and kath!

Yes, charlottechristy - Oldlings rule! I consider I had a lot of Mika-time early in my fanatiscism.

- Walked up and chatted with me in the queue in Toronto (March 21, 2007) and got a signature. At the same venue I also snuck into the VIP lounge after the gig and got a pic:naughty:

-met him again in Chicago (June 11, 2007) got his half finished Ribena bottle, 3 autographs, a high-five with interlaced finger hand-holding for a mere 2 seconds, and a pic.

-Opportunity to hand him the MFC Yearbook last December 2, 2008, in Brixton.

Ok - I'll stop rubbing it in, sorry.

I've just remembered, I so wish I'd filmed it though (hopefully someone has:wink2:)

Love Today

Gray Skelly came out to the front of the stage greeting the audience before going back to Mika and embracing him- after the embrace Gray Skelly pulled away but Mika grabbed him/Her(??) and gave a full bodied kiss, while GS tried to pull away...well as much as you can with a blown up doll that is...at the time it was hilarious, you had to see it though....

LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!

Mika was FANTASTIC! Loved his performance of Ring Ring the crowd seemed to really love that song. Love Today also was a big tune

Overall 10 out of 10:punk:

you are right, ring ring, happy ending and love today were the highlights of the night. well, love today is sort of old school, but nice for stage dive, depends on the crowd.

I've just remembered, I so wish I'd filmed it though (hopefully someone has:wink2:)

Love Today

Gray Skelly came out to the front of the stage greeting the audience before going back to Mika and embracing him- after the embrace Gray Skelly pulled away but Mika grabbed him/Her(??) and gave a full bodied kiss, while GS tried to pull away...well as much as you can with a blown up doll that is...at the time it was hilarious, you had to see it though....

Oh my god! :lmfao:

Some better have filmed this! haha

Love Today

lol, wait the guy behind the gray skelly??!! or gray skelly ..

Great!!

Akim, are you still there?? Tell us what you thought of Happy Ending...

Oh I loved it!! The string quartet really did add to the atmosphere. I almost felt that Mika tried to slow the tempo down a bit and the verses were sung as it should be: you know the bits- "Wake up in the morning, stumble on my life" and "If anything should happen" etc etc

3000!!!:yay::toot:

(Thanks for noticing Charlotte, I saw it last night and then forgot today!!

I am still ranked only 107th...can't even get into the Top 100.)

Yay! Congrats on 3000!

And I forgot - Carrie and Saralou is are Oldlings who got to be in the Big Girl video.

And Robi was asked for by name by Mika - "Where is Robertina?" :naughty:

3000!!!:yay::toot:

(Thanks for noticing Charlotte, I saw it last night and then forgot today!!

I am still ranked only 107th...can't even get into the Top 100.)

Congrats, BluesSky!

Thanks to everyone that has posted a report even though you must be exhauseted! We never tire of hearing about the gig.

:punk:

Thanks for posting StandardToaster - I would have done it sooner, but RL in the way again (I was actually at work! And cell phone is acting up)

Christine did manage to call me after the gig (I was in my car going home from work) and yes she helped Kata and Olivia (Yoppapop) get over the barrier, but by the time she tried, she was caught dangling over:naughty: and security told her "that's enough"! ...:thumbdown:

I am so thrilled about Wendi and kath!

Yes, charlottechristy - Oldlings rule! I consider I had a lot of Mika-time early in my fanatiscism.

- Walked up and chatted with me in the queue in Toronto (March 21, 2007) and got a signature. At the same venue I also snuck into the VIP lounge after the gig and got a pic:naughty:

-met him again in Chicago (June 11, 2007) got his half finished Ribena bottle, 3 autographs, a high-five with interlaced finger hand-holding for a mere 2 seconds, and a pic.

-Opportunity to hand him the MFC Yearbook last December 2, 2008, in Brixton.

Ok - I'll stop rubbing it in, sorry.

ok heres mine then well not as good as yours though - met mika feb 07 i was as pissed as a newt got a photo he signed my side :naughty: went into the kids school the next day & flashed it *was funny* met mika on may 07 got a t-shirt signed by mika he remembered me from the last time was embarressed told him i was sober & didnt want any parts of my body signed this time :naughty: met him in nov 07 got him to say hello to me on camera :mf_rosetinted:

Please note it has taken me 364 days to get to 3001. :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

Don't worry, me too :naughty:

LOL, it's my Mikaversary today (27th) and I'm still 40 short of 3,000 :shocked:

I really ought to get myself up to 3,000 before the end of today!! That'd be cool!

ok heres mine then well not as good as yours though - met mika feb 07 i was as pissed as a newt got a photo he signed my side :naughty: went into the kids school the next day & flashed it *was funny* met mika on may 07 got a t-shirt signed by mika he remembered me from the last time was embarressed told him i was sober & didnt want any parts of my body signed this time :naughty: met him in nov 07 got him to say hello to me on camera :mf_rosetinted:

Yes!

Ok, so it's safe to say, these younger MFCers should look forward to "maturing" because only good things can happen with age...:naughty:

But did you enjoy yourself? Was it better than last night?

definitely, brixton academy is a brilliant venue with big big history, i arrived about 10 min before relax, still got a nice view, this is england you know, place for gigs. but there was a big lady on the trunk shaking her bottom next to my head and asked me to hold her drink for several times, oh, well

Don't worry, me too :naughty:

LOL, it's my Mikaversary today (27th) and I'm still 40 short of 3,000 :shocked:

I really ought to get myself up to 3,000 before the end of today!! That'd be cool!

Well then HAPPY MFC ANNIVERSARY TO YOU Gatagordinha!!! :punk: ::punk:

definitely, brixton academy is a brilliant venue with big big history, i arrived about 10 min before relax, still got a nice view, this is england you know, place for gigs. but there was a big lady on the trunk shaking her bottom next to my head and asked me to hold her drink for several times, oh, well

haha. *sigh* so wish i lived in England sometimes.... *sigh* But don't know if i could hack the weather!:boxed: