REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ Brixton Academy, London : 26-02-2008

Niki27

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To start, it was great to meet Pooh and Gary, wish I could have met you before the show.

Got to the chaos that was the queue, and we managed to the front again on Mikeys side, despite being quite far back in the queue. The bonus of having no bags!

Yelle was fanastic, she gets better every time and tonight the crowd loved her, everyone was bouncing to her music. Andy was in the gap between the barrier and the stage dancing like a madman, security told him to sit down! I think he quite likes Yelle too, ha ha.

Iceman came out with Andy for Mikas set, Andy was filming most of the show tonight.

Tonights show, blew last nights away, as Mika seemed to have rested well and was really up for it tonight.

At one point he said "are there any critics in the house tonight" I think that was a dig at the Evening Standard who didn't give him a good review for last nights show, idiots!

He then went on to thank everyone for their support over the last 18 months again.

Every song tonight was amazing, but Lollipop was outstanding for the simpke reason that Jo Whiley and her son were dressed as animals!

For those not in the know, Jo is one of Mikas biggest supporters on R1, it was her house Mika went to for his Live Lounge perfomance before Christmas.

I'm only mentioning this because she is also one of my heros, and I finally got to meet her afterwards, quite by chance in a back alley at the side of the venue. I cannot tell you how happy I was, still chuffed about it now. She was incredibly nice and even said she liked my costume! I was ecstatic, my hero liked my costume! I think I bored everyone ridgid going on about it forr the rest of the night.LOL!

But I don't care, I may not have got to do the random question with Mika, which did tick me off a bit, but at least I talked to Jo, which was amazing.

Did talk quickly to Martin, Sara and Cherisse, who actually approached me while I was chatting to Sara, which surprised me a bit.And had a bit of a conversation with Luke, which is always a pleasure, he is so nice to talk to.

Was ignored by pingu - hmph! :wink2:

I'm only mentioning this because she is also one of my heros, and I finally got to meet her afterwards, quite by chance in a back alley at the side of the venue. I cannot tell you how happy I was, still chuffed about it now. She was incredibly nice and even said she liked my costume! I was ecstatic, my hero liked my costume!

But I don't care, I may not have got to do the random question with Mika, which did tick me off a bit, but at least I talked to Jo, which was amazing.

Did talk quickly to Martin, Sara and Cherisse, who actually approached me while I was chatting to Sara, which surprised me a bit.And had a bit of a conversation with Luke, which is always a pleasure, he is so nice to talk to.

You met Jo? Yaaay! :yay: Great! Remember when u were telling me about her in Munich and I had no idea who she was? :lol3:

You gotta tell more about Andy tho :naughty:

did Luke fix the pengu's head once again or did he restrain from it?

And Luke... ah, the elusive Luke Juby. Will I ever meet him? I don't

think so. :tears: If you see him on Thursday, tell him.. oh, I'll think

of something! :)

dcdeb

Oh you will,dun worry

Can't believe you haven't yet,we gotta do smth about it

What's your next gig? :biggrin2:

Earthquake ...... in the UK :shocked:

U lucky people...we get 6.0 degree ones

Does anybody know who that is holding the flag for Andy to sign?

One of them is Blue,if I remember well

Hey to everyone from Gatwick airport.

This concert was AMAZING! First time I could fully enjoy a gig, where I was standing there was no pushing and I could dance and bounce along as much as I wanted!

Was great to meet my fellow MFCers again! :wub2:

Gonna post more tonight...

xxx

I felt compelled to post these while there aren't any reports to read, and I'm bored...

I took them a month or so ago at the Fred Segal shop on Melrose in L.A.

The shoes were like $3000 or something insane.

There were two other girls taking pics and saying "ooo, it's a MIKA shoe!"

Random, I know, but hey....

<a href=img0153ln6.jpg' alt='img0153ln6.jpg'>

getattachlm8.jpg

*Steals shop*

Cazgirl - i stole your luck! Sorry!

*prunes quote*

Woah - you went from amazingly good luck, to amazingly bad luck. i had my jaw hanging all through! That is really scary about the guy with the knife and the million wrong trains :thumbdown: But the beginning - woah, crazy good!

Billy Brown

Mika: "Are there any critics in the house?"

We all shouted yesss!

Mika: "Well actually I don't care!"

Ok.... We all laughed at that and my thoughts immediately went to JackViolets post about repeating soundbites etc- his introduction to BB was simply: here's Billy Brown

Lol! That's really good! I think he might think of British shows differently to American shows, like he assumes most Americans are seeing him for the first time ..? Okay, I don't even what I'm getting at :naughty:

Love Today

Gray Skelly came out to the front of the stage greeting the audience before going back to Mika and embracing him- after the embrace Gray Skelly pulled away but Mika grabbed him/Her(??) and gave a full bodied kiss, while GS tried to pull away...well as much as you can with a blown up doll that is...at the time it was hilarious, you had to see it though....

Haha, sounds great, I hoep someone caught it.

So, to sum it up:

*Hot chocolate in the Q

*Some Mika guy and his cameraman came to talk to them before gig.

*Andy was told to sit by security during Yelle (please tell me somebody filmed this)

*This I have to quote:

*Different song order that confused string guy

*Billy Brown but no Billy Brown speech.

*Gray Skelly got molested by Mika

*Stage invasion

*Mika had to be helped back on stage (I can imagine Iceman grabbing his butt and pushing him up:naughty: )

*John was (kinda)bad cop again at the meet and greet.

*Pinkunicorn's day started fantastic and ended craptastic.

Thanks! Thanks! (I jumped in at page 20)

he said that these last two gigs would be the last for a while as they're taking a break so they were going to have as much fun as possible, and they certainly did. although i couldnt see well it was one of the best gigs i've been to

Yay! Too bad about being short ... you'll have to get yourself some stilts or something :P

Andy was in the gap between the barrier and the stage dancing like a madman, security told him to sit down! I think he quite likes Yelle too, ha ha.

Tonights show, blew last nights away, as Mika seemed to have rested well and was really up for it tonight.

He then went on to thank everyone for their support over the last 18 months again.

Every song tonight was amazing, but Lollipop was outstanding for the simpke reason that Jo Whiley and her son were dressed as animals!

I'm only mentioning this because she is also one of my heros, and I finally got to meet her afterwards, quite by chance in a back alley at the side of the venue. I cannot tell you how happy I was, still chuffed about it now.

Lol at Andy being told to sit! It sounds like it was great! And horray for getting to meet your hero! How old is her son? Wasn't that them breaking Christmas ornaments? :naughty:

]But, I and many others are thinking that Thursday will be the one to see, as it is his last tour date for a few months and the last official dodgy holiday tour date, so lets hope he goes out with a bang!

Strange you have a disfferent interpretation to those who said it was better, can't wait for Thursday all the same!

it was at this point I remembered that for some reason I do see to catch the eye of nigerian / african men - as the pub was quite busy we caused a bit of a riot - all in bright clothes - day glo stix etc... hell it probably made there day !!

so after a quick weee - quickest in my life

he came down into the bit by the barrier right by us and we had a squeal!! then he tried to get back up on stage and fell off!!

later he did say that he had made a tit of himself tonight!!

as he came towards us there was that look of recognition tinged with fear!! as he said something along the lines of oh my god look its this lot!!

ah the notoriety!![/

LOL LOL LOL LOL!

so all over and we headed back to the disabled ramp viewing platform to collect Wendi etc.. to find out that during the concert Mrs P - Mikas Ma had come up to her and Kath and offered them a back stage pass -

Mika's mum = :wub2:

Can't wait till pictures and videos, as well as more reports come in!

...and on a random note:

Andy is the cameraman: ;)

Glasgwo2007206.jpg

It appears my mother was computer-perving from across the room, and she thought that Andy was my brother! I've never even noticed that, but they really do look alike now that I think about it...

LOL I didn;t understand why he asked if there were any critics!

And btw is Ally the backing singer if so what was up with her outfit during Happy Ending, it was like she just put it on and kept re-adjusting it throughout the song. AWKWARD!!!:roftl:

I've managed to play back the video (what little I got of HE) and realise what you're talking about. It was Sara, the back up singer and she couldn't stop fidgeting could she??? I didn't notice it at the time though...

EDIT: It was in the HMDYLM Video and not HE

I don't really know where to start!!

Concerts were stunning. Got on stage with Mika during Lollipop last night, and he high 5'ved me before going off backstage! Amazing experience. Can't wait for tomorow night.

Take care all!:mf_lustslow:

Aurelien!Aurelien!Don't goooooo!

He's gone now:roftl:

Thanks everybody for the reports, I guess we'll have to wait for full reports until tomorrow.

And I hope everybody is ok earthquake wise.

Hey to everyone from Gatwick airport.

This concert was AMAZING! First time I could fully enjoy a gig, where I was standing there was no pushing and I could dance and bounce along as much as I wanted!

Was great to meet my fellow MFCers again!

Gonna post more tonight...

xxx

Mariposa :wub2: :wub2: I'm glad you had so much fun ! You know how thankful (is that a word?) I am :huglove:

Concerts were stunning. Got on stage with Mika during Lollipop last night, and he high 5'ved me before going off backstage! Amazing experience. Can't wait for tomorow night.

YAAAY I'm so happy for you :punk::wub2: hope someone recorded it !:thumb_yello:

I've managed to play back the video (what little I got of HE) and realise what you're talking about. It was Sara, the back up singer and she couldn't stop fidgeting could she??? I didn't notice it at the time though...

Saranyde and Cherisse were off stage - so he couldnt start HE - then Cherisse arrived and started the beat...then sara skidded on stage- getting dressed and was having trouble with her Microphone cord!! hence the wriggiling!!

Ally was one of the Big Girls who was in one of the oringinlas and in the Big girl Video shoot.

:)

For those of you who have been interested in my mad day, i have made this to put a scale too how badly ofcourse me train went:

route.jpg

The pink circle is where i live.

The Green route is the one i should have taken which lasts around 25mins.

The Purple route is what i actually took, which lasted around 1h30.

Whoops!

For those of you who have been interested in my mad day, i have made this to put a scale too how badly ofcourse me train went:

route.jpg

The pink circle is where i live.

The Green route is the one i should have taken which lasts around 25mins.

The Purple route is what i actually took, which lasted around 1h30.

Whoops!

OMG! :shocked: Are you for real? How did you manage *that*? :blink::naughty:

I love some of the names of places ... "Braintree" :roftl:

so the Aacademy has been cleared by now and from the other side I see Andy the camerman walking to wards us with John (not jerry!) and I said ooh look is Andy ooh and Icey!!!

Wendi has then craoked - Mikas with them!!

my response - oh yes but look theres andy and Icey!!

Carrie you're hilarious!!!! :roftl:

The funniest report!!!

Aurelien!!! finally you're posting! you're a star now:thumb_yello:

OMG! :shocked: Are you for real? How did you manage *that*? :blink::naughty:

I love some of the names of places ... "Braintree" :roftl:

I live in Chelmsford, which you will see from the map is near Braintree LOL

report on the gig-

Was at the back with bab, I couldn't see, my feet hurt and I didn't feel well. It was crap:mf_rosetinted:

I live in Chelmsford, which you will see from the map is near Braintree LOL

report on the gig-

Was at the back with bab, I couldn't see, my feet hurt and I didn't feel well. It was crap:mf_rosetinted:

aww no! :huglove:

did you at least meet him after the concert?

Can you put my route on from work (Hitchin) to Brixton in a red line please? :thumb_yello:

Why? I don't know.

Oh and a nice turquoise circle where I live.

Lovely!

I went through WGC on the train on the way there, i was thinking to my self how much i would laugh if you and your guests got on in that carriage - you didnt ofcourse. The 'fashionabley late' bollucks is overrated lol.

I went through WGC on the train on the way there, i was thinking to my self how much i would laugh if you and your guests got on in that carriage - you didnt ofcourse. The 'fashionabley late' bollucks is overrated lol.

Blimey, don't you know I go everywhere in my taxi! :wink2: