Concert Conduct

pinkunicorn123

Ingie

These are all the bits of Love Today I got - didn't get the whole song - was dancing too much :mf_lustslow:

Gray Skelly bit

http://www.sendspace.com/file/onqvbw

Trashcan Drumming with shirt on .... boooo :wink2:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xc31q2

Trashcan Drumoff with Cherrise.... :wub2:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l9v52w

:naughty:

Not great but they're mine .... :)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ingie

These are all the bits of Love Today I got - didn't get the whole song - was dancing too much :mf_lustslow:

Gray Skelly bit

They are great:thumb_yello: I loved the Grey Skelly bit:naughty:

Awww thanks it's the first time i've ever had a digital camera - used to using an old 33mm one lol

Wasn't sure how they'd turn out - or how to use it - was really pleased with them... :)

Mika made a comment during his speech about seeing familiar faces and I think those were the people he wanted to speak with and that's why he invited him to the party. It's not about ranking people on some scale in order to grant them special privileges.

Even though I had queued up early that day I would understand if he'd rather have Jemma or Bab there instead of me. My first gig was in March 2007 but I have never made a point of meeting Mika and am not someone he was seeing early on or on a regular basis, especially since I live in Canada.

I can't really say much more about it since I'm not Mika so I don't know what he had in mind when he planned the party. I'm just going by what was said when the bands were supposed to be distributed to the first 70 ppl in the queue because if Mika wanted a more select group then he should have sat down with MFC and perhaps a representative from the group of French fans and worked out who he wanted at the party from the people who were at the gig that night.

Perhaps that had been his intention and that's why he was upset to discover that the bands had been handed out before he arrived at the venue.

The whole thing is unfortunate because I would have rather given up my place at the party if it meant that things could have gone well for Mika and everyone who was invited to the party by keeping the numbers low. As it was, neither me, Bab or Jemma got anything out of it but a huge disappointment.

yeah that's why i said " i don't want anyone to miss my point. those who have followed him to so many gigs, and who he recognizes, DEFINATELY deserves what privileges they get...."

i mean the whole problem i think is organization on their path. if mika wanted to meet x, y and z then they should have organized it better.

i totally feel for u all (Bab, Jemma, Yop, and you, and others) who should have been able to meet him, because although i have never really spoken to y'all i see u guys a lot in threads and realize u guys do go a lot of gigs.

u know if that was the intention then fine it would make me feel better to know that that's what Mika wanted....but the whole chaos that went on and then ppl saying they went to more gigs than whoever and should have a right etc, that bit hurts me a bit (although i wasn't there and have never been to a gig)....but if it was clear that it was a party just for those Mika "knew" who would obv be the ones who went to a lot of gigs, then that would be fine with me. So personally i guess what bothers me is the lack ofproper organization and the chaoes that it caused.

Ingie

Gray Skelly bit

Can you please please please upload it on megaupload or media fire. :tears:

I'll try tomorrow - it takes quite awhile to do them and I have to be up for work soon... damn stupid job get's in the way...

I'll give it a go anyway... no harm in that... :)

To be honest, I like all of those. No, not totally fair, but none the less, it gives everyone a chance :thumb_yello:

Becky! Someone erased my original post. It's gone. Only evidence of it is that you quoted me...

...but the whole chaos that went on and then ppl saying they went to more gigs than whoever and should have a right etc, that bit hurts me a bit (although i wasn't there and have never been to a gig)....

I understand what you mean and I'm trying to be careful with how I word things in this discussion because I don't anyone to infer that I believe that I or anyone else in particular "deserved" an invitation to this party more than someone else.

I think if you made list of people who Mika wanted at the party, people who management decided to hand out the wristbands to and people who may have "deserved" it by some objective measure you would not find the same 70 people on each list.

Ultimately it should have been Mika's decision who was there and since he didn't know exactly who was attending the gigs and doesn't know everyone's name, he needed some fanclub reps to help him decide who he wanted to attend for whatever reasons he may have for wanting them there.

I can make an argument for why I "deserve" consideration for special privileges but I'm not going to argue about who Mika doe or doesn't invite to his party. That's his prerogative and it doesn't have to be "fair".

It wasn't the additional people that were the problem. The additional people were the ones he had intended to invite. It wouldn't have made much sense to have the party without them.

The situation was enough of a nightmare as it was. If people like Allegra and Rose couldn't be there because of a mistake distributing the wristbands it would have been even more of a travesty.

Mika made a comment during his speech about seeing familiar faces and I think those were the people he wanted to speak with and that's why he invited him to the party. It's not about ranking people on some scale in order to grant them special privileges.

Even though I had queued up early that day I would understand if he'd rather have Jemma or Bab there instead of me. My first gig was in March 2007 but I have never made a point of meeting Mika and am not someone he was seeing early on or on a regular basis, especially since I live in Canada.

I can't really say much more about it since I'm not Mika so I don't know what he had in mind when he planned the party. I'm just going by what was said when the bands were supposed to be distributed to the first 70 ppl in the queue because if Mika wanted a more select group then he should have sat down with MFC and perhaps a representative from the group of French fans and worked out who he wanted at the party from the people who were at the gig that night.

Perhaps that had been his intention and that's why he was upset to discover that the bands had been handed out before he arrived at the venue.

The whole thing is unfortunate because I would have rather given up my place at the party if it meant that things could have gone well for Mika and everyone who was invited to the party by keeping the numbers low. As it was, neither me, Bab or Jemma got anything out of it but a huge disappointment.

I understand what you mean and I'm trying to be careful with how I word things in this discussion because I don't anyone to infer that I believe that I or anyone else in particular "deserved" an invitation to this party more than someone else.

I think if you made list of people who Mika wanted at the party, people who management decided to hand out the wristbands to and people who may have "deserved" it by some objective measure you would not find the same 70 people on each list.

Ultimately it should have been Mika's decision who was there and since he didn't know exactly who was attending the gigs and doesn't know everyone's name, he needed some fanclub reps to help him decide who he wanted to attend for whatever reasons he may have for wanting them there.

I can make an argument for why I "deserve" consideration for special privileges but I'm not going to argue about who Mika doe or doesn't invite to his party. That's his prerogative and it doesn't have to be "fair".

This was my point exactly- not that the additional bands got handed to people who should not have gone, but too many were obviously handed out intially that to include the people they were intended for meant the party swelled to an unmanagable amount.

We can only hope that next time the numbers are controlled and it is perhaps organised prior to the event so all people who really want to go are givn the opportunity without it affecting everyones experience :thumb_yello:

Yes, I tried to read it but it was gone, why?:blink:

It was decided that it might not be the right time to open the discussion to the topic I started yet. Soon though...:thumb_yello:

That's his prerogative and it doesn't have to be "fair".

I agree. And tbh I do think that certain ppl who were there deserved to be there, that's just my opinion. In reference to the bolded sentences, unfortunately that didn't happen and that's why i think better organization, and contact with FD atleast, would have been better so everyone would have known exactly who he wanted, so all the chaos now would not have occured. :thumb_yello: But as it is, it wasn't 100% clear who he wanted, so i think ppl should look at it from that point of view instead of being upset and arguing. Hopefully there'll be a second chance for the lucky few.

One of the rules is that you should let everyone sing their hearts out and participate in all the craziness at a Mika show.

I experienced this at the Jan.29/08 gig at the Kool Haus in Toronto (the show was amazing...I had the best time of my life!!!)...I sang along with Mika to all his songs at the top of my lungs. Althought I know that I can't sing (AT ALL!!!) I sang anyways as I felt that I had honourary permission from Mika to go nuts, as the vibe was ridiculously mindblowing. But anyways, at one point I was singing along to "Holy Johnny" as loud as I could and a person near me turned around and gave me a dirty look. I mean I don't have a good singing voice but come on...let me sing!!!

God you know I hate people like that - who'll glare at you for jumping up and down or singing etc.

Why have you gone to a concert if your not gonna enjoy yourself.

Don't spoil it for others.

Let people enjoy the show the way they want to - don't sodding glare lol

These ppl, the ones that gave dirty looks, don't what there're missing.

We should set up a good example : keep on singing and jumping because we like it :bleh: and because then maybe they'd understand they should do the same i.e. enjoy the show as mych as possible :punk:

I think Mika suspected things weren't going to go quite as he had foreseen.

Maybe next time (hopefully there will be one!) it will be planned quite differently.

That was horrible to watch in more ways than one.

To see the look of horror on his face to realise what had happened prior to his arrival and to know that the party he'd wanted to have couldn't happen due to a bunch of over excited young girls clambering over him and shouting out his name for it's entirety was so saddening.

He kept asking people to "hang out", "mingle" and "enjoy themselves" and that he would come round and chat with eveyone but they just couldn't leave him alone.

I have felt ashamed to be part of things on so many occasions over the past few days and this was one of those moments.

Ok, read a lot and I was there so now I wanna post my opinion

I've been a fan of Mika for over a year now, don't guide yourself by my joining dates...I simply dislike fanclubs 'cause there's always sh*tty things happening there

Anyways, I used to lurk arround here and when i found out about these gigs in London and the extra ticket thread I decided to join

The thing is, I had never gone to a gig....he never did come here so that was a bit impossible...RL and money do get in the way

So when the chance came to see him in London I did it...3 gigs in a row, queueing from really early hours and meeting lovely ppl

Of course I was over the roof to get a wristband...now, am I less deserving than some??? Yes, I don't doubt...but who does decided that??? I've been a fan for TOO long as well...and I loved every minute of it...seeing him grow

Just the fact it were my first gigs 'cause that's when I could attend some were enough reason to leave me out???

And when I saw everyone crowding Mika I was like "F*ck it, I'll just mingle with the others and talk to them instead."

Spoke with all, even Marcia, the big girl that did the cartwheel....

Then went to the bar to get some more drinks (:mf_rosetinted:) when Mika came over and started talking to me...and after the present was giving from all the portuguese fans he asked if I wanted a pic...should I have said no???

I then left the group and only came back to be Sarah_mags photographer...glad I took that pic for you girl....we waited :thumb_yello:

EDIT: Ppl, forgive me if I sometimes do write the wrong things, English is not my native language :boxed: