2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

If the idea was to reward the first 75 or so people in the queue then it should of been just that .. but a system should of been put in place to organise it

If it was to reward others ... then I think the MFC should of been invloved

He said .. well part of what he said .. it was to reward the people that have travelled to see him etc etc

Tough one this .. especially the way it was done

fred i was stupily organized im sure there was people there who werent even from the fanclub & it was a fanclub perk wasnt it ? john should have taken someone aside that knew who was & wasnt a fanclub member !

butthen again it doesnt mean you're a bigger fan if you've met mika before or if you've been a fan for longer

but then again, there has to be a way of drawing the line somewhere.

However they do it, it will upset some people.

I think it was early queuing then it changed

Just my opinion

see thats what i think in general. But it doesn't really matter now does it. We just have to get a better system for the future:wink2:

I have to go for a bit now, i'll be back on later today!

keeeeeep it cooooool guys!

fred i was stupily organized im sure there was people there who werent even from the fanclub & it was a fanclub perk wasnt it ? john should have taken someone aside that knew who was & wasnt a fanclub member !

The honest answer .. I dont know ....

It was flawed really , lovely idea .....

From my experience of getting perks from say the U2 fanclub , things like this are organised through the fanclub

.... I dont have an answer really , not to this particular issue anyways .... the guy that was handing out the bands was out of his depth and battered

Well I did download his album in Feb 2007 from HMV Digital does that count lol

I just wasn't here.... and had a fascination still for Alex Kapranos... ummmmm

At the moment it's kind of Alex who... haven't listened to Franz since about October now - last saw them in September..

I'm rambling lol

Really do hope they don't both tour this year - or I'm really gonna be stuck - though It'll probably be Mika as I've seen Franz about 10 times now.

Either way, we can all agree that everything went screwy, but the concerts was fantastic nontheless!!!!! and thats what really matters, everything else is extra:wink2:

than again, i could be wrong:blink: :wink2:

you're so right on this:punk::thumb_yello:

see thats what i think in general. But it doesn't really matter now does it. We just have to get a better system for the future:wink2:

I have to go for a bit now, i'll be back on later today!

keeeeeep it cooooool guys!

The problem is, if that is true, it will just encourage even earlier queueing - surely not what they want? :boxed:

The only way i see it is that the girl (sorry, i forgot who it was!) he was talking to has no way of knowing who had been a fan for how long (unless it was MFCers only), but she probably had an idea of who had been waiting longer. It makes more sense for him to want the first people in line to get to the AP than having someone go through the que and picking people from the back even who had been fans for longer. I've been a big fan for quite some time, but I only knew about these fans sites a few months ago and i was on the Mika sounds one for a while before i found this one.

Either way, we can all agree that everything went screwy, but the concerts was fantastic nontheless!!!!! and thats what really matters, everything else is extra:wink2:

than again, i could be wrond:blink: :wink2:

i agree im so glad i went :thumb_yello: my friend asked me today how it was i said fu*cking brilliant ! i told him about the after party he was like wow ! he also asked if i spoke to him i was like no but i had the privallage of getting invited into a room with him all the other mcfers !

but then again, there has to be a way of drawing the line somewhere.

However they do it, it will upset some people.

sure it had to be regulated...instead what's happened gave the result of piss off so many...

The problem is, if that is true, it will just encourage even earlier queueing - surely not what they want? :boxed:

bloody hell... i'll never get to one if that's the case:roftl: :roftl:

The honest answer .. I dont know ....

It was flawed really , lovely idea .....

From my experience of getting perks from say the U2 fanclub , things like this are organised through the fanclub

.... I dont have an answer really , not to this particular issue anyways .... the guy that was handing out the bands was out of his depth and battered

i like that one how to describe john * he out of his depth and battered* hows about old & is clueless :boxed::naughty:

If I posted a thread saying the first 100 will get VIP access we would habe people camping ... true?????

I spoke to babs and many others after this , its a toughy to get right

Yeah that's true....

But..... at any ONE concert...what are the chances there'd be over 100 MFCers? just a thought....

oh gosh - this is till going and now I feel guilty -

luckily Rose & Avoca had got me a wrist band as I am a long time mfcer and have been to anumber of gigs but couldnt get there early on thurs! also they didint know I was coming with my mate - who also loves Mika but loves running moew - so is more likely to be on the Runners world forum!! and our girls!!

Luckily as John the manager recognised me he was really kind enough to give us 3 more wristbands - or the three of them would have been sat in the car for an hour while I chatted with the band and the rest of MFC!!!

All I can say is that I didnt ask John til 8.30 ish and it was v quiet at the stage door then.

yes my daughter met Mika - but no photos - just a quick signing and then we left!

Soooorrrrrrryyyy!!

The thing is anyway, I mean before for other bands I've been too - I've not queued till about 12.00 - 1.00pm.

I kind of knew with Mika it would be abit different, that's why I caught the early coach up, to get me into London by 10.00.

Was in the queue at about 11.30 - and there was already loads there, now I know this I'll probably stay the night before in London, which I don't normally do and catch an early tube instead of a coach from Clacton.

You go with what you know...

If I posted a thread saying the first 100 will get VIP access we would habe people camping ... true?????

I spoke to babs and many others after this , its a toughy to get right

yip thats sad but true ! id love to see this cueing system in glasgow as im certain it cause a rumpass with many glaswedian & you know what im like very could u imagine how a few thousand scots would react to it :shocked: not happy bunnies mes thinks :thumbdown:

Yeah that's true....

But..... at any ONE concert...what are the chances there'd be over 100 MFCers? just a thought....

This is where secret gigs would solve some issues .. but then again people ill be left out

As long as things are organised in a good manner then it can be accepted

oh gosh - this is till going and now I feel guilty -

luckily Rose & Avoca had got me a wrist band as I am a long time mfcer and have been to anumber of gigs but couldnt get there early on thurs! also they didint know I was coming with my mate - who also loves Mika but loves running moew - so is more likely to be on the Runners world forum!! and our girls!!

Luckily as John the manager recognised me he was really kind enough to give us 3 more wristbands - or the three of them would have been sat in the car for an hour while I chatted with the band and the rest of MFC!!!

All I can say is that I didnt ask John til 8.30 ish and it was v quiet at the stage door then.

yes my daughter met Mika - but no photos - just a quick signing and then we left!

Soooorrrrrrryyyy!!

Yeh I also felt very lucky to get in , I was at the back partying feeling happy for the people that had got in

Nice to se you again and your kids btw .. they looked mega happy :thumb_yello:

I didnt mean John I meant the young kid I was talking with in front of you , he threw the raffle ticket book thing in the bin he was battered

oh right "sorry" :roftl: but im just gonna carry on for a wee while thinking u were speaking about john there :naughty: