The Australian Thread: Part Ten

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! FIRE FIRE FIRE!

ACROSS THE ROAD FROM MY HOUSE!!!

It's about the 4th time since I've been living here, but it's still fricking exciting :-)

So, I came home and turned on my laptop, opened MFC, (cheered), went to start multiquoting and then the phone rang, and my brother says "Is that fire near you?" and I was like "uhhh, what fire?" and he made me go outside and like, WTF, huge flames directly across the road from my house ... like 100 metres away (please note, I'm bad at estimating). So after locking the animals inside he tried to teach me how to turn on the sprinklers (lol) which he couldn't (clearly a teacher fault there, not student :fisch:) but then my mum came home and did it for me :P ... so I went and watched with the rest of the fricking neighbourhood, plus a traffic jam of cars going past :P ... took me about 15 minutes to cross the road.

**zhhz mum says the camp school caught fire, I'm gonna go take pictures**

Okay, yeah, so there were 5 helicopter and 2 plane water bombers :-) And like 5 different fire brigades, and they used the fire hydrant a couple houses down from us, did you know they dig up the grass in the front yard? :P *is glad her house doesn't have a fire hydrant*

The Cleavage War is back in business.

1510953028td7.jpg

:lmao:!!!

I confess....I did have a bit of a thing going with one of our waiters in Paris..

Blog and pictures to come when I have the time and the patience.

Weeee! *waits expectantly*

No, not a good idea, took the whole server down - all those particles.

Good one! :sneaky2:

That was intense....... pullhair.gif

:lmfao:

Just stopping by to say hi on my lunch break. I can't access MFC at all from home, it won't even open the home page...am having withdrawls.

Hey, Kelzy and Scut.......HHHHEEEEELLLLPPPP please. Can one of you please tell me why I can't upload a BMP on here. It tells me to manually change the size which I did, but then it gives me an error message saying upload has failed....OMG hope I didn't crash something and that's why I can't get back on *shakes head at own stupidity*:blush-anim-cl:

Nope, it was the MFC not your computer. It was out for 30 hours, came back late this morning...

MFC screw-up #2, we can't change our avatars at the moment if that's what your trying...

*dodges gracefully*

You....you haven't done any homework yet......SHOCK ME

Shock you? Well - I was at school all day today, EVEN THOUGH IT'S THE HOLIDAYS :o

And another shock? - I GOT A JOB!!! WOOOOOT! Well .. I haven't even been in there yet, but she said I have to go in tomorrow to start training, so that sounds promising. She said she really really needed someone for weekends, and I can only do weekends. It's a kennel hand job at a vet, btw, perfect!

Today I did my English presentation that ended up going for 6 minutes and 15 seconds! That's the longest speech I've ever done! I think that it went quite well and my class seemed to like it so hopefully I'll get a good mark. I also did a science exam today which I'm no so confident about but I suppose we will see!

Was anyone else having problems getting onto the MFC last night?

What was your speech on? Hopefully the exam wasn't too bad :P

Yep :-)

I haven't heard either of those songs... I feel so deprived...

OMG! You are! Ummm ... http://www.idioclips.com/#Anchor-Song-49575

Tall man - Self saucing, Shiny Chin - Perfectly Good Songs

It's Emily's (xx_emily_x) Birthday today.. She's one of our Aussies..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG! My dad just rung and he got an adorable new lamb-thing! :P :P

She acts like a dog, looks like a goat and is a sheep. Apparently one of those arabian-types, with funny big ears and such, and was raised alongside a couple of dogs LOL 6 weeks old. I'm gonna go meet it tomorrow after my training. :-)

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! FIRE FIRE FIRE!

ACROSS THE ROAD FROM MY HOUSE!!!

It's about the 4th time since I've been living here, but it's still fricking exciting :-)

So, I came home and turned on my laptop, opened MFC, (cheered), went to start multiquoting and then the phone rang, and my brother says "Is that fire near you?" and I was like "uhhh, what fire?" and he made me go outside and like, WTF, huge flames directly across the road from my house ... like 100 metres away (please note, I'm bad at estimating). So after locking the animals inside he tried to teach me how to turn on the sprinklers (lol) which he couldn't (clearly a teacher fault there, not student :fisch:) but then my mum came home and did it for me :P ... so I went and watched with the rest of the fricking neighbourhood, plus a traffic jam of cars going past :P ... took me about 15 minutes to cross the road.

**zhhz mum says the camp school caught fire, I'm gonna go take pictures**

Okay, yeah, so there were 5 helicopter and 2 plane water bombers :-) And like 5 different fire brigades, and they used the fire hydrant a couple houses down from us, did you know they dig up the grass in the front yard? :P *is glad her house doesn't have a fire hydrant*

:lmao:!!!

Weeee! *waits expectantly*

Good one! :sneaky2:

:lmfao:

Nope, it was the MFC not your computer. It was out for 30 hours, came back late this morning...

MFC screw-up #2, we can't change our avatars at the moment if that's what your trying...

Shock you? Well - I was at school all day today, EVEN THOUGH IT'S THE HOLIDAYS :o

And another shock? - I GOT A JOB!!! WOOOOOT! Well .. I haven't even been in there yet, but she said I have to go in tomorrow to start training, so that sounds promising. She said she really really needed someone for weekends, and I can only do weekends. It's a kennel hand job at a vet, btw, perfect!

:-)

Yay for the new job !!!!! :punk:

What was your speech on? Hopefully the exam wasn't too bad :P

It was about maturity. We had to talk about meaning of maturity, link it to our visual representation (I made a poster with various components) and also link it to the text, which in this case was a novel called 'I'm Not Scared'.

Well done on the job!

Okey dokey, I'm off to bed now.

Goodnight! :wub2:

WOAH! MFC down for a bit again there. Good thing I have no life and have been refreshing consistently for the past hour. And also that I copy and pasted my post for later posting :-)

Yay for the new job !!!!!

Erm .... .... dog job ......

Haha, yep, thanks :P:P :original:

It was about maturity. We had to talk about meaning of maturity, link it to our visual representation (I made a poster with various components) and also link it to the text, which in this case was a novel called 'I'm Not Scared'.

Well done on the job!

Okey dokey, I'm off to bed now.

Goodnight!

Haha, sounds mighty interesting :P

Nighty nighty night :-)

And now, I shall spam who ever is still awake (aka: HK) with photos, seeing as they are of such a pointless subject matter that they are going to be filed away under "boring" never to be seen again.

(these are taken from my driveway)

f1cl5.jpg

I figure that guy is probably taking a photo, but it's more fun to pretend he is jumping in surprise :-)

f2rh5.jpg

look at the smoke with the blades! :P

f3ni2.jpg

f4bg3.jpg

f5ot7.jpg

using the fire hydrant thing :P

f6hu6.jpg

It's always fun to sit around by yourself in a thread picture spamming :original:

And seeing as I just remembered I had the pictures I went and took just before, I figured I should spam them too :wink2:

From my house. The camp school is the big glowing blob. And there's all people standing on a little hill thing there.

f7dz8.jpg

So I went and joined them and could see - the camp school again (the blob) and a line going all the way to Port Kennedy, as confirmed by friends there.

f8yu5.jpg

And this is a fire truck going past my house. It looks funny :roftl:

f9jx5.jpg

lol. It's still going a bit, but whatever, I need to go to WORK early tomorrow (yay), and I'm over it now :P

Nighty nighty night :)

OD, is it out now? If not that's really scary. What do you think caused it? Is it just so dry over there that someone probably flicked a cigarette and set it off?

It kind of reminds me of the California fires.

I think it was set because there were 3 other ones in different places yesterday. But it is really dry so it picks right up - 4th time in 11 years it's burnt down. Poor animals :thumbdown: Other times it didn't reach any houses though, but it almost definately got the camp school in there this time. No one there though, just the caretakers.

*goes to check* Still a bit of a glow but quite far off now.

P.S. 232 photos :wink2::roftl:

I think it was set because there were 3 other ones in different places yesterday. But it is really dry so it picks right up - 4th time in 11 years it's burnt down. Poor animals :thumbdown: Other times it didn't reach any houses though, but it almost definately got the camp school in there this time. No one there though, just the caretakers.

*goes to check* Still a bit of a glow but quite far off now.

P.S. 232 photos :wink2::roftl:

That's good it's just glowing. Hope it doesn't reach any houses.

I'm not racing. :blink: *note to self never tell how many photos you take ever again.* :mf_rosetinted:

At least one....hello there :biggrin2:

More like five that post regularly already, by my count. The Mika-madness is spreading...:punk:

Hi, by the way. I'm Artsy. I'd try to explain where I fit in with all these nutters, but it's much easier to just direct you to my sig, even though it ruins Kelzy's already tarnished reputation.:naughty: Welcome to the MFC, my dear.

*glares at tanya for stealing 'her' colour*

Right... see you all tomorrow, I overslept and now need to rush to throw some clothes in a bag, some on me and catch a bus...

Toodles

*teases you for using the word 'toodles'*

boooo!

****makes scary noises!***

EEK!

*runs away*

More like five that post regularly already, by my count. The Mika-madness is spreading...:punk:

Hi, by the way. I'm Artsy. I'd try to explain where I fit in with all these nutters, but it's much easier to just direct you to my sig, even though it ruins Kelzy's already tarnished reputation.:naughty: Welcome to the MFC, my dear.

:blink:But.. but.. but.... They used me to get to DC :crybaby:

Mmmm ... firemen :wink2:

Chuck and Larry :das:

Well folks, I'd hate to say it ... but my job is a load of sh*t. :roftl:

Sorry. I can't get a job that is mostly related to cleaning up poo and not make some kind of poo related joke. :wink2:

And as if some sort of first-day jinx, I had to give the dog that had been bitten by a snake a few days ago, so is completely limp, and poo'd ALL over itself last night a bath. But he was soo adorable all the same :wub2:

WOW !!! Amazing photos OKD !! .... & scary ..... I DON'T like fires/bushfires ...... I live in the bush & summer can be scary .......

ehhh yeah, that's what sucks about the bush ... people totally freak out at the thought of suburbia catching fire, so they always get it quick under control...

Oh ... & G'night OKD .... I'm heading for beddy now too .... 2.23am here .... *waves*

Nighty night. My MFC was playing up last night ... kept randomly getting the database error :blink:

That's good it's just glowing. Hope it doesn't reach any houses.

I'm not racing. *note to self never tell how many photos you take ever again.*

Nope :wink2: And it's all gone now.

*is winning*

*teases you for using the word 'toodles'*

I love the word toodles! *pouts*

Mmmm ... firemen

:roftl:

Okay, I'm going to meet my dad's new sheepy-thing now. Going in my pooey clothes, because apparently she's a pooey lamb :roftl:

TOODLES!

Well folks, I'd hate to say it ... but my job is a load of sh*t. :roftl:

Sorry. I can't get a job that is mostly related to cleaning up poo and not make some kind of poo related joke. :wink2:

And as if some sort of first-day jinx, I had to give the dog that had been bitten by a snake a few days ago, so is completely limp, and poo'd ALL over itself last night a bath. But he was soo adorable all the same :wub2:

Awww!! poo-related jokes are my specialty too.. :naughty:

I have to go and feed a friends 20 year old cat while she's away for a week. She told me she wouldn't be surprised if the cat carks it (her words) because she's so frail. She's a beautiful cat though. It's going to be hard leave after I sit with her for an hour and pat her!! Yes.. I'm a cat person..

Nighty night. My MFC was playing up last night ... kept randomly getting the database error :blink:

Same here.. But we have been warned it will happen..

Okay, I'm going to meet my dad's new sheepy-thing now. Going in my pooey clothes, because apparently she's a pooey lamb :roftl:

TOODLES!

On the farm, we had a Ram called Rambo and he was a pooey little thing too :roftl: Have fun Boomer..

*sigh*

I know...Dad gets all the girls, he gets all the girls...*starts singing*:naughty:

And he doesn't know what to do with them all .. giggle.gif

But was that your intenshhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnn?

Yes.. It was my interpretassshuuuuuunnn that you like constipassshuuuunnn jokes and that's how I got some acshhuuuuunnn. :das: