MIKAustralia Petition

I wonder how many storage sheds he has now that we aren't paying for!

No way, Mika copied DC.. when they met they had a connecshunnn

I don't know, but this is his first year being out and about... imagine 5 years from now. :roftl:

Yeah, the reason why they had a connecshunnn is because DC heard what Mika does and he copied. Mika was touched by it. :wink2:

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Mika, why don't you...meet me after the concert in your tour bus

"Mika, I'm sick of waiting...for you to finish your after party

"Mika, i hate it when you...dawdle while I'm here waiting in the tour bus!

"Mika, in case you haven't noticed....I'm naked

This year is our year!!!

LOL!

I agree. But because there is no word, and it's sending us insane. Doing things that make us feel productive is sooo satisfying.

I apologise for being under the delusion that constructive criticism with suggestions for improvement are equally welcome as praise here.

Yeah, it was definately never supposed to be taken the wrong way. It was said after Teegs asked for advice on if it was good, albeit just after she had already made it.

Now the discussion continues, because this petition is only the start, and now we are discussing what we can do further.

I'd rather that the petition not be done through an online website as they're not reliable or professional, but one composed by the MFC and preferably hand-signed for credibility. Similar to the petition made to make the MFC official.

I gave this to Mika on December 2 and they announced Canadian dates on December 4. Coincidence?

2055877453_2263b50e83.jpg

But is a hand -signed one really practical. you said yourself, this petition is not just for mfcers, so how would you suggest these non mfc members participate?

Sure, some of the international non Aussies might be willing to scribble on a piece of paper and mail it off, but in the end it is something that does not affect them personally, so many would opt not to spend the money.

One of the extra steps is Myspace.

And I do agree that a more formal petition through MFC, if need be, should be done. I like the idea of presenting Mika with a load of handwritten comments.

There is something stopping me or anyone else from making another petition: the fact that it's in our best interest to have one petition with more signatories then a bunch of smaller petitions with less signatories. If we're going to get anything significant done we're all going to have to do it together.

But I think we should possibly postpone this conversation until we become offical, so we know what our options are in that extent.

In reply to basically everything:

Yes, I was going to postpone this discussion until after we find out what our options are. Because due to the the album-quiet-stage we are entering into now ... it's going to be hard to make contact with Mika. And basically ... this is only going to work if one of the benefits we get from official-dom is an address or way to get things to Mika.

But as this petition and the response has shown, we are desperate to get into something productive, so we may as well discuss everything now.

My idea (damn, didn't get to wait for the moment you were least expecting) is to organise some form of package-of-proof-that-he-should-come-here. It would need lots of discussion to figure it out. A whole bunch of unorganised things would make far less impact than a couple of well thought out things. And also it should be worthwhile, and not just boring. Something along the lines of a petition, but *not* a petition, because that is not inspiration or interesting, and it's been done. Instead, a project that in itself represents the same values as a petition, because it indicates the amount of/that fans want him to come here, and would support him. For example, as a start off ... something like that Canadian pass, something like random jokes such as bogan pictures, something enjoyable like that CD ("love tuh-day") that was spoken of ages ago. Basically something like the package inc that CD that was sort of planned to give to him when he got here, but focussed on showing him why he should come here, and sent over to him. NOT just a petition, but something enjoyable and fun. Because we aren't whingey demanding people, we are fun laid-back people. :wink2:

It would be an MFC project, but can include a petition to show the actual numbers of Australian fans (yep, coz we is also logical/factual) ... and that can be advertised through myspace/facebook/mikasounds/whatever. Which can be this one.

Mika's too lazy to tour Australia.

Or brush his hair.

crazyhair.jpg

(Because the two are logically comparable arguments. )

Hahahahaha! Fantastic! :roftl: *hasn't brushed her hair today either*

Maybe it is part of a scheme. I see flannel and a feral ute in the future. Or, wait, didn't you already get a snap of that one?

boganmika3jk9.jpg

If we're ever going to change the petition in any shape or form we first and foremost have to add Kelzy's Bogan Mika. And add the line "Look how much fun you could be having." Think it'll work?

:shocked: !!!

I have never seen this picture before. That both horrific and perfect in every single way. Bogan Mika.

*brain is brain storming*

... What about some kind of book/collection of photoshopped pictures to show what he's missing out on? :naughty:

Peej.. I had multiple copies way before I even knew MIKA existed thankyou very much! :sneaky2::mf_rosetinted:

She wouldn't listen to me.. *hmph*

*denies having 2 copies of LICM DVD - hard and soft coverrrghh*

Alrighty, I signed

And, With what OD said with her idea, I think it's great it would definently lighten this whole we want you here thing, and I mean if it's light and jokey almost, He'll enjoy it as much as we have with some of the photoshopped pics (bogan Mika....

Just my 5c,

But personally I think the patition is a great idea

I wanna comment on a few things before I give my actual idea...

This petition is in NO WAY a complaint. It is for people to express their DESIRE to have Mika tour here.. It's a positive thing...

Let's stop trying to make this negative.. Teegs did a good job.. She worded it from the heart, not the wallet or mind..

Mika should beam if he sees it.. The comments already are positive and friendly.. That's what a petition should be about.. Not bitching and moaning.

Why would Mika want to tour here if a petition was filled with people whinging..

Thanks Kelz...

I signed it cause I indeed think it's a good petition (I dont think Mika would be offended by so many aussie fans asking him to go to their country, really)... and the more sigs the better... it wont happen in one day so maybe it's a good idea to start it now and have quite enough siggies by the time we get the official announcement (in the hope Mika's team might read it then?)

That's what I thought... and seeing as I have no clue when the official notice will be, thought I may as well do it now...

Hmm, I didn't realise this was going to be with the intention of literally giving it to Mika. As far as petitions go, internet petitions like this don't really have a lot of credibility. I mean, look ... Kelzy has already posted twice.

And also ... as great as a huge number of signatures looks (27 already btw - woah!), and I do love the signatures from non-Australians, keep them up, I'm not saying their bad, it's just that if he was going to use this petition as a means to decide on touring (which I highly, highly doubt), what difference do the opinions of fans half way cross the world matter to the tourability of a country?

This petition is good as a way of pointing out a "Hey Mika/Mika's managment - look at us! We care! We want you here!", that's all. Which is good., great, fantastic. And the cover and everything is perfect for it.

If we want to do something more official as a serious means of showing how good an idea a tour here would be, showing how big a fanbase he has to support him in Australia, or who would come to Australia to support him, then we can certainly organise that after the MFC itself is more organised (ie. official).

It shows that MFCers are willing to support their fellow members... besides, we already have at least one person who's coming on the tour with us from the US, and maybe a few others...

I guess it depends on what officialness will bring as to whether it will be useful to me or not... but seeing as I don't know, thought I may as well start it...

Maybe after/if the MFC becomes official we can do some sort of Aussie project.. Don't worry OD, my second signature on there can be for my mum who would go see Mika if he toured here too..

And I'm really tired of saying the same thing in here. People that would've done it some other way.. Critics.. It's sucking the life out of a great idea.. I didn't realise we had so many perfectionists and pessimists.. can it please stop.. It's draining.

I feel kinda bad... not trying to make people feel guilty or anything...

The thought was there...

I have signed it but I am not sure if it's going to be effective, he is already aware we are desperate for him to come here and I am pretty positive he will get here this year for a proper tour. We will not get the LiCM tour, but a tour with both albums combined. I actually think we are on the top of his list for countries to visit. This year is our year!!!

Call me pessimistic, but I get the feeling we're not... though we were, but I get the feeling that unless we don't push for it, we'll keep getting pushed back...

Let's think about it... he's off til July, presumably recording his new album (which I'm not exactly excited for)... does concerts and festivals in July and I believe August... will prob tour Europe and GB from about Aug to end Sept/early Oct... have a month or two off till about Nov... then tour a bit more (likely in Europe) til maybe early Dec... he'll be doing a lot of promo for the new album during that time... I honestly don't see how we'regoing to be high on his list of priorities...

Besides... if we leave it and he doesn't come this year... will we keep sitting back and doing nothing next year?

There didn't seem to be much praise, in fact it seemed more like "Throw out what you've written Teegs, it isn't what we should be saying. It's needs to be less fan-orientated and more business-minded"

I feel like I prob should...

I meant praise on the end of yourself, DC, and several others (although you're ignoring the fact that commended Teegs on the idea and her enthusiasm, I just think it can be better managed). I'm saying that if you can express your honest opinion of approval then I can express my honest opinion of constructive criticism without being told that I'm being tedious.

Ooooh... I feel bad...

I said that I would rather the petition be run through the MFC admins once we're official. I made suggestions on the approach/arguments I would prefer we take. I also said that I would prefer it if everyone consulted first to make sure that everyone's views are at least taken into consideration before they're dismissed as this petition isn't just for some of us it's for all of the Aussies who would like Mika to do a proper tour here (I'll add that this also includes non-MFCers as the vast majority of those who attended Mika's one-off performance at the Forum in Sydney were not MFCers).

If you wish I'll elaborate even further: I'd rather that the petition not be done through an online website as they're not reliable or professional, but one composed by the MFC and preferably hand-signed for credibility. Similar to the petition made to make the MFC official.

What's the point of organising a paper one through MFC if we're doing this for all Mika fans, not just those of us who are here?

I gave this to Mika on December 2 and they announced Canadian dates on December 4. Coincidence?

Okay it was a wild coincidence but it can't hurt to let him know he's welcome in Australia. I think you could do a more formal petition via MFC later if it's still necessary.

Are you in contact with other Australian fans that aren't on MFC? I know Elanorelle was soliciting a lot of support for the Vancouver show through Facebook.

Hmmmm... Might get on Facebook and do that... I'll speak to Suzanne...

But is a hand -signed one really practical. you said yourself, this petition is not just for mfcers, so how would you suggest these non mfc members participate? With an online petition they are able to, if they so choose to search for it, find it and give their input. They do not have to be mfc members.

And, if a handwritten one is preferred, it would be mfcers. How many would you be able to convince to do this? Sure, some of the international non Aussies might be willing to scribble on a piece of paper and mail it off, but in the end it is something that does not affect them personally, so many would opt not to spend the money.

And while there may be a large number of aussies on the front page of the aussie thread, how many of these are active posters? How many even sign in any more? How many would even be interested?

Plus who would be willing to organise the hand written one?

I'm not saying I'm against the idea (a hand written petition is more credible, and would be nice) I'm just saying it is not without its difficulty.

This petition does not have to be the be all and end all of petitions, there is nothing stopping you or anyone else going out right now and writing their own however they see fit. It was a petition Teegs decided to write, how she wanted to word it.

Naturally, if we do a hand written petition, it would be more of a group effort, but this petition should not be dismissed because it is still showing that we aussies care enough about getting mika here that we are willing to go to the effort.

I would be willing to organise it.. not like I'm overly busy nowadays...

And as I said... OS MFCers could do it because they support their fellow fan club members...

Besides, Mika might think "Aren't those MFCers kind people?"

One of the extra steps is Myspace. Teegs has added a link on her page. I'm going to do mine today. We could do bulletins also and I'm going to add the link to my Hotmail siggy (which is what I did when I was involved in the Bon Jovi tour Oz petitions.)

And I do agree that a more formal petition through MFC, if need be, should be done. I like the idea of presenting Mika with a load of handwritten comments. Although, from this distance, it's not an easy task and the handwritten ones would be somewhat limited to MFCers, whereas a public petition can attract more non-MFC fans, and hopefully lead them here.

*points down to suggestion*

LOL!

I agree. But because there is no word, and it's sending us insane. Doing things that make us feel productive is sooo satisfying.

Yeah, it was definately never supposed to be taken the wrong way. It was said after Teegs asked for advice on if it was good, albeit just after she had already made it.

Now the discussion continues, because this petition is only the start, and now we are discussing what we can do further.

In reply to basically everything:

Yes, I was going to postpone this discussion until after we find out what our options are. Because due to the the album-quiet-stage we are entering into now ... it's going to be hard to make contact with Mika. And basically ... this is only going to work if one of the benefits we get from official-dom is an address or way to get things to Mika.

But as this petition and the response has shown, we are desperate to get into something productive, so we may as well discuss everything now.

My idea (damn, didn't get to wait for the moment you were least expecting) is to organise some form of package-of-proof-that-he-should-come-here. It would need lots of discussion to figure it out. A whole bunch of unorganised things would make far less impact than a couple of well thought out things. And also it should be worthwhile, and not just boring. Something along the lines of a petition, but *not* a petition, because that is not inspiration or interesting, and it's been done. Instead, a project that in itself represents the same values as a petition, because it indicates the amount of/that fans want him to come here, and would support him. For example, as a start off ... something like that Canadian pass, something like random jokes such as bogan pictures, something enjoyable like that CD ("love tuh-day") that was spoken of ages ago. Basically something like the package inc that CD that was sort of planned to give to him when he got here, but focussed on showing him why he should come here, and sent over to him. NOT just a petition, but something enjoyable and fun. Because we aren't whingey demanding people, we are fun laid-back people. :wink2:

It would be an MFC project, but can include a petition to show the actual numbers of Australian fans (yep, coz we is also logical/factual) ... and that can be advertised through myspace/facebook/mikasounds/whatever. Which can be this one.

I did ask for people's opinions... the original suggestion was up for a while because I had to swap computers... so i would have been there for about 1/2 hour... people could have said something then... but it doesn't matter now...

Well, first off, I like the idea OkD has about the package... as she said, it will be very difficult to get it to him... we might not get it to him till July at the earliest, and even then, it's a lot harder to get it to him there than somewhere else like, lets say, the US or Canada.

My thought was... maybe we can use the online petition as a starting point for a pen and paper petition... so, people sign that, then anyone who isn't already part of MFC I will contact (as long as they left a valid email addy), and I email them asking if they mind me adding them to it...

Or I could do it through Facebook/MySpace and then it should be easier to contact people... also getting people on here and I can write it (if it's such an issue for people to send a bit of paper)... (I could close the online one... if it's really considered a stupid idea...)

Actually... I suggested writing a letter to Mika a while ago, and getting one of the English people to give it to him at a gig in London... That idea seemed to die quickly...

That way, we can reword it (if people really think it's necessary), and it can look more professional...

I really didn't think there was an issue with an online one... I had briefly thought of a paper one... but then realised I couldn't then get non-MFCers involved...

Anyways... ideas? Comments?

(I promise not to start anything till I hear from everyone...)

I guess it depends on what officialness will bring as to whether it will be useful to me or not... but seeing as I don't know, thought I may as well start it...

Let's think about it... he's off til July, presumably recording his new album (which I'm not exactly excited for)... does concerts and festivals in July and I believe August... will prob tour Europe and GB from about Aug to end Sept/early Oct... have a month or two off till about Nov... then tour a bit more (likely in Europe) til maybe early Dec... he'll be doing a lot of promo for the new album during that time... I honestly don't see how we'regoing to be high on his list of priorities...

What's the point of organising a paper one through MFC if we're doing this for all Mika fans, not just those of us who are here?

Well, first off, I like the idea OkD has about the package... as she said, it will be very difficult to get it to him... we might not get it to him till July at the earliest, and even then, it's a lot harder to get it to him there than somewhere else like, lets say, the US or Canada.

My thought was... maybe we can use the online petition as a starting point for a pen and paper petition... so, people sign that, then anyone who isn't already part of MFC I will contact (as long as they left a valid email addy), and I email them asking if they mind me adding them to it...

Actually... I suggested writing a letter to Mika a while ago, and getting one of the English people to give it to him at a gig in London... That idea seemed to die quickly...

With the MFC/Mika fans issue, I think the online petition is for all mika fans, and can be advertised as such, (and as a side advertisement for them to join mfc) and then whatever else is just a MFC project. They can be combined to show "this is how much the MFC wants you, and would you look at that, all these other people do too". Or like ... one is to show numbers, one is to show the level of dedication. You know what I mean?

I was also very excited about the "writing a letter for england shows" idea ... but it completely dropped off the radar after the night it was mentioned. That is exactly why it is good that you made this petition the minute it was considered. Now we're doing something! And we are not going to not do anything. We are going to leave him with no other option than to get his butt down here :thumb_yello:

But because of the huge break, it alll depends on officialness ... :sneaky2:

On a random note, with the album work happening for this first half of the year, when will the album be out? Will it be out shortly after, or would it take a few more months? :blink:

With the MFC/Mika fans issue, I think the online petition is for all mika fans, and can be advertised as such, (and as a side advertisement for them to join mfc) and then whatever else is just a MFC project. They can be combined to show "this is how much the MFC wants you, and would you look at that, all these other people do too". Or like ... one is to show numbers, one is to show the level of dedication. You know what I mean?

I was also very excited about the "writing a letter for england shows" idea ... but it completely dropped off the radar after the night it was mentioned. That is exactly why it is good that you made this petition the minute it was considered. Now we're doing something! And we are not going to not do anything. We are going to leave him with no other option than to get his butt down here :thumb_yello:

But because of the huge break, it alll depends on officialness ... :sneaky2:

On a random note, with the album work happening for this first half of the year, when will the album be out? Will it be out shortly after, or would it take a few more months? :blink:

Oh yes... I gues you're right... I'm going to make a group on Facebook to try and get people interested in getting Mika here... I'll link the petition and MFC on it...

I thought the letter was a great idea... I can sort of get that some people think we might be pushing it a bit... but we need to do something... and bessides, if this works, who will everyone be thanking? Moi! :naughty:

I guess it depends on when he finishes recording... he's apparntly already written stuff, so it's prob more recording and mixing... my guess would be Aug/Sept...

Signed!:thumb_yello:

teegs and everyone!:):)

I just signed too:)

Thank you both of you!!

Teegs, I like the idea of persuading people to come here :naughty:

And I like the petition for numbers and project for dedication idea..

With a letter etc.. All good!!

Oh yes... I guess you're right... I'm going to make a group on Facebook to try and get people interested in getting Mika here... I'll link the petition and MFC on it...

I thought the letter was a great idea... I can sort of get that some people think we might be pushing it a bit... but we need to do something... and bessides, if this works, who will everyone be thanking? Moi! :naughty:

I guess it depends on when he finishes recording... he's apparntly already written stuff, so it's prob more recording and mixing... my guess would be Aug/Sept...

Okay, awesome. Link us the group when it's done :thumb_yello:

I did too. But after a quick debate of "no it'll sound whingey" "okay, we'll all go over it and make sure we agree" ... we never thought about it again. But not this time! Haha, and exactly, even if they were already planning on coming here, doing soemthing will make us feel like we were responsible, just like with the Canada pass :naughty::wink2:

Oh okay. I stil think there's a chance he could come here before then, like after the festivals in July... I just hope it's when we all have off school for the Dream Tour :tears:

Gosh .. okay, my brain is going haywire here ... but what if we made a website? Just a website full of Mika-come-to-australia propoganda junk. Stupid funny junk, like photoshops and such. And of course petition links and stuff too. I mean as an option if we end up with no way of giving anything to him. If someone in management saw it .. and it was crazy enough to make an impression, they could pass it through and then they/Mika'd know how crazy desperate we are. It's well accepted Mika Fans are crazy, lets just embrace it :naughty:

I can put the Bogan Mika pics on there... I want people to add stuff to it if they can... and if not, let me know what you want on there and I'll add it... this is a group effort!

Yay! *has really no idea as to how facebook groups work*

Add! Add! :naughty:

Crap!!! Thanks!

Haha - about the petition link? :naughty:

And THANK YOU to everyone who has signed the petition, how many do we have now?