• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I would like Mika to sing; Spanish Bombs

This song gets stuck in my head like every day -

I also would LOVE to hear him sing; Esli Ti Uidesh Seychas (Ice Shadows) Its in Russian and I dont know what it says but the song sounds beautiful

I find Russian to be a very beautiful sounding language and I think Mika's voice would sound good in Russian. :wub2:

'Cause once in a while we like to discuss music and not underwear while waiting for the new record and tour...

OMG... I know she said it a few years ago, but Scut's words are so true right now!

Hmmmm.... This is what I think Mika could do a cover of:

U2

In A Little While

Miss Sarajevo (and he'd have to do Pavarotti's part as well)

The Hands that Built America

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Ben and Jason

Joe's Ark (he'd have to do an amazing job on it, cause I absolutely adore this song)...

[YOUTUBE]S6ISDTcJfVM[/YOUTUBE]

Hanson (come on, you had to expect me to mention them!)

Give a Little (He has to be like Tay and play the tambourine though)

[YOUTUBE]8KW_z2zWT6k[/YOUTUBE]

Musical Ride

[YOUTUBE]cGevw9-Hw3c&feature=watch_response[/YOUTUBE]

And for ****s and giggles, I'd love to see Mika do:

Until The End of The World by U2, only if he does

as well :das:...

And Where the Streets Have No Name (He has to do this bit with the bassist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik44LvhHEYs)

Two I don't think he could pull off, but it would be awesome if he could (especially since both would let the bassist show how good he really is), would be Miami and Please by U2...

Miami:

[YOUTUBE]C41bF7cfJIQ[/YOUTUBE]

Please:

[YOUTUBE]xxG2UWhvXJI[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by nico_collard

• 2 weeks later...
'Cause once in a while we like to discuss music and not underwear while waiting for the new record and tour, in the "Mika's Next Album" thread several people started discussing what songs they would love to hear Mika cover in the future. So I decided we should give the discussion its own thread....

I would love him to do a Scissor Sisters, Coldplay or Empire Of The Sun cover :D That would be so awesome!!! :D

Aw, I miss Scut Monkey, wonder how she is going....

I think I would like to have a cover of Lou Reed's Perfect Day. Get him working those lower registers.:aah:

you also love lou reed?? :boxed: i thought i was the only odd here :mf_rosetinted:

what about janis joplin,beck,iggy pop,the creedence,ELO.... ok,i shut up:mf_rosetinted:

I would love him to do a Scissor Sisters, Coldplay or Empire Of The Sun cover :D That would be so awesome!!! :D

Empire of the Sun for sure!

Aw, I miss Scut Monkey, wonder how she is going....

I think I would like to have a cover of Lou Reed's Perfect Day. Get him working those lower registers.:aah:

Well if she came to see me when I was in Melbourne then you'd know :naughty: I haven't seen her in ages either. Have talked to her and I think she's okay (wow, I'm a good friend, aren't I? :naughty:).

Oooooh, Perfect Day! Definitely!

I remember Paul McDermott singing it on Good News Week in 1998 :wub2: (going through a bit fo a GNW fangurling phase right now... if I can find the video of Paul and Flacco singing The Rose then I would be a very happy fangurl!)

you also love lou reed?? :boxed: i thought i was the only odd here :mf_rosetinted:

what about janis joplin,beck,iggy pop,the creedence,ELO.... ok,i shut up:mf_rosetinted:

ELO :thumb_yello: Mum and Dad have an ELO record in storage...

*subcribes*

Great thread idea:clap:

*takes time to seriously think about it and make a list of songs to post here*

Scissor sisters cover would be so cool, especially "Might tell you tonight" Bowie "Love you till Tuesday" "Kooks" "Life on Mars" "Drive in Saturday" as well and many more like "A different corner" by George Michael , also in French by Taxi girl , "Chercher le garçon"

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Are we showing our age??:mf_rosetinted:

I have vinyl records of Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, Harry Nilsson (my first record ever) Roxy Music, David Bowie, Joy Division, XTC, Queen, Adam Ant...and hundreds more...quite diverse tastes over the years:blush-anim-cl:

OK I will be quiet now too.

I have vinyl records of Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, Harry Nilsson (my first record ever) Roxy Music, David Bowie, Joy Division, XTC, Queen, Adam Ant...and hundreds more...quite diverse tastes over the years:blush-anim-cl:

Yes, me too. I also love Nick Cave, Brian Ino, Iggy Pop, Jefferson Airplane... :wub2:

And let's don't talk about our age :aah:

New suggestions to cover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu-7rPdFjvI

*starts to dance :groovy: :groovy: :groovy:*

:teehee: My mum had that as the ring tone on her phone for ages...

Nice collection!

I have a few more suggestions:

*points at the last one* That's one version of course, but Jeff Buckley did an AMAZING version, and of course Leonard Cohen wrote this masterpiece..

Mika has to do a cover of that song..

oh crap! :mf_rosetinted: now everybody knows we are almost 25 yo.:mf_rosetinted:

girl,i owe a vinyl record of talking heads,called "the name of this band is Talking Heads" and i think it´s the last one in the world :aah:. it doesn´t play,but anyway... what about The Byrds?? i SO LOVE THEM. more than beatles btw... and D Bowie... oh my...

Yes, me too. I also love Nick Cave, Brian Ino, Iggy Pop, Jefferson Airplane... :wub2:

And let's don't talk about our age :aah:

have you said Jefferson Airplane??? :fangurl:

:teehee: My mum had that as the ring tone on her phone for ages...

Nice collection!

I have a few more suggestions:

*points at the last one* That's one version of course, but Jeff Buckley did an AMAZING version, and of course Leonard Cohen wrote this masterpiece..

Mika has to do a cover of that song..

i can´t stand leonard cohen. and i tried. since i found out he was janis joplin´s lover, (i love janis joplin more than any other singer in the world,includding mika,sorry boss) i tried to listen to him... but i dislike his voice too much :aah: