i was happy for nothing . today i found out that i bought the tickets from a criminal . i feel so stupid now because i send the money and i haven't received any tickets and there is no response on my emails. i've contacted the website about this (its something like ebay but then in dutch) and they told me its indeed someone who does this more often. i feel so stupid now why am i so naief . i should have know that there are people like this. and you know what loosing the money isn't the worst thing but not getting the tickets is terrible.i was so much looking forward to this. i'm going to the police on monday to report this and there is a small chance that i can do something about this but it doesn't make this right

Oh shame patricia this is horrible. :boxed:

Don't beat yourself up that you were naive. I have been buying concert tickets from strangers for over 25 years and I haven't had a bad experience yet (knock on wood!). It could happen to anyone.

I hope you can get somewhere with the police just to stop this person from ruining it for everyone. :thumbdown:

I'm so sorry you couldn't get the tickets to see her. :huglove:

well i hope it will never happen to you or anyone else.

yes i hope that i can get my money back and maybe i can get some tickets at the last moment. but i'm not going to buy other tickets if i don't get my money back . but i'm not counting on that to happen. i will just enjoy any concert more next time i guess thats the best way to deal with this for me

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know if this is true?: I read (dutch article) that Vogue did a photoshoot with Adele, but they photoshopped her pics to a smaller size lady:shocked:

WHAT???? :shocked:

I really hope that's false! :boxed:

This is from a dutch gossip site: http://www.ze.nl/gossips/Adele-te-dik-voor-Vogue/2160/

Don't have time to translate now, sorry. Will do asap!

Zangeres Adele is trots op haar figuur. Niemand is zo trots op haar rondingen als de zangeres zelf. Helaas denkt 'Vogue' hier heel anders over. Ze hebben Adele op de cover van het tijdschrift flink laten Photoshoppen!

Adele werd gevraagd om te poseren voor de cover van het tijdschrift Vogue. De zangeres zei meteen ja en verheugde zich enorm! Helaas liep het anders af...

Fotografe Annie Leibovitz maakte de foto's van Adele en heeft na afloop als een bezetene gebruik gemaakt van Photoshop. Het was de bedoeling dat Adele met haar eigen rondingen op de cover kwam te staan van het modeblad, maar helaas dacht de fotografe hier heel anders over.

Ook al is Adele niet de slankste, wij vinden haar een geweldige vrouw!

Singer Adele is proud of her figure/body. Nobody is as proud as she is for her roundyness (?) as the singer herself. Unfortunately magazine Vogue thinks completely different about this. They have had Adele photshopped on the cover of the magazine!

Adele was asked to pose for the cover of the magazine Vogue. The singer immediatly said 'yes' and was very much looking forward to it. Too bad it ended different...

Photographer Annie Leibovits took Adele's pics and used photoshop like crazy, afterwards. It was intended that Adele came on the cover complete with her curves, but unfortunately the photographer thought different.

Even if Adele isn't the thinniest person, we think she is a wonderful woman!

Edited by AnnaMariaPetra
did the translation

• 1 month later...

The Adele concert tonight was exceptional, as it was last year. She has such truckloads of talent, and she makes it look so effortless. I said this last year and I'll say it again... it felt like an honour to see her perform live. Her and Mika... two of my all time favourite performers... it blows my mind that there are such talented people in this world. What a gift.

Her opening act was David Martel from Montreal http://www.myspace.com/iamdavidmartel with a singer named Natalie and a cellist. I thought they were fantastic, very soothing & almost put me in a trance, but David had a good voice and it was pretty unique music.

Adele played Beyonce's Single Ladies, and then she played 9-to-5 right before she came out. Hmmm, I wonder who she got that from? :naughty:

She started the show with Cold Shoulder, one of my two favourite songs of hers. The other is Right as Rain, but I've got a third one now after tonight - My Same - it sounded SO good.

She came out barefoot in leggings and a long striped top, and I was just thinking that I liked what she was wearing when she started to apologize for it! She said "I'm sorry, I don't mean to be dressed so casual-like, but I was in my trailer and I was cold and I put this on... but I sleep in this! And then I came here and I was about to go on, and I was like 'Oh f*ck, I'm in my pyjamas!' These are my pyjamas!" :roftl::roftl:

She sounded amazing... there's no other voice like hers. She played a couple of songs I hadn't heard before, with a bit of a country feel. She messed the first one up and restarted it, which was actually kind of nice. Goes back to all our conversations about how we wish Mika were more casual and relaxed.

Make You Feel My Love sounded just incredible, and then she ended it with Chasing Pavements if I remember correctly.

My Same sounded so good. She said that she'd written it about a girl who was her best friend, but she stopped performing it live because they'd fallen out, and it's difficult to sing a song like that about someone you currently don't like. But they're starting to become friends again, so she decided she could sing it! Lucky us... it was really good.

Love love love her!

Edited by zoots14

She came out barefoot in leggings and a long striped top, and I was just thinking that I liked what she was wearing when she started to apologize for it! She said "I'm sorry, I don't mean to be dressed so casual-like, but I was in my trailer and I was cold and I put this on... but I sleep in this! And then I came here and I was about to go on, and I was like 'Oh f*ck, I'm in my pyjamas!' These are my pyjamas!" :roftl:

Aww! Thanks for your review. That's such a cute story. :naughty:

I hope I get to see her at some point. Stupid one-horse town where no one ever tours. :thumbdown:

The Adele concert tonight was exceptional, as it was last year. She has such truckloads of talent, and she makes it look so effortless. I said this last year and I'll say it again... it felt like an honour to see her perform live. Her and Mika... two of my all time favourite performers... it blows my mind that there are such talented people in this world. What a gift.

Her opening act was David Martel from Montreal http://www.myspace.com/iamdavidmartel with a singer named Natalie and a cellist. I thought they were fantastic, very soothing & almost put me in a trance, but David had a good voice and it was pretty unique music.

Adele played Beyonce's Single Ladies, and then she played 9-to-5 right before she came out. Hmmm, I wonder who she got that from? :naughty:

She started the show with Cold Shoulder, one of my two favourite songs of hers. The other is Right as Rain, but I've got a third one now after tonight - My Same - it sounded SO good.

She came out barefoot in leggings and a long striped top, and I was just thinking that I liked what she was wearing when she started to apologize for it! She said "I'm sorry, I don't mean to be dressed so casual-like, but I was in my trailer and I was cold and I put this on... but I sleep in this! And then I came here and I was about to go on, and I was like 'Oh f*ck, I'm in my pyjamas!' These are my pyjamas!" :roftl::roftl:

She sounded amazing... there's no other voice like hers. She played a couple of songs I hadn't heard before, with a bit of a country feel. She messed the first one up and restarted it, which was actually kind of nice. Goes back to all our conversations about how we wish Mika were more casual and relaxed.

Make You Feel My Love sounded just incredible, and then she ended it with Chasing Pavements if I remember correctly.

My Same sounded so good. She said that she'd written it about a girl who was her best friend, but she stopped performing it live because they'd fallen out, and it's difficult to sing a song like that about someone you currently don't like. But they're starting to become friends again, so she decided she could sing it! Lucky us... it was really good.

Love love love her!

glad you had such a great time!

it was really unexpected that she coveres a song by beyonce. it must have been really interesting to listen to that!

glad you had such a great time!

it was really unexpected that she coveres a song by beyonce. it must have been really interesting to listen to that!

It wasn't a cover. They just played it in the venue before she came on stage.

She has a girl crush on Beyonce. Last time she was in Toronto she said she would turn gay for her. :teehee:

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I wish this thread was more 'active' to say.. However, I have to say I really admire Adele as a musician. She is just as good as she can be. 'Make you feel my love' and 'Daydramer' and definitely my favourites so far. She is ace :thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi :)

I took the time to listen to her songs last week and I heard most of her songs from the "19"'s album... I really like her songs (lyrics and the structure of them) and her voice. I took a look on google and wanted to find informations from her early age, when she started music etc... but nothing really deep beside that she used to love soul music and singers with strong voices. I saw that she plays guitar and piano, but she is not playing those instruments on stage... I guess because she would like to focus only on her voice part... I was just curious to know... How long did she stay in the school music ? I did not find this information... her music is really beautiful and the way she composed just perfect to me :wub2:, I can't believe she is so young to write such songs - Hope to hear the "21" album soon, I really love the song "someone like you".

Hi :)

I took the time to listen to her songs last week and I heard most of her songs from the "19"'s album... I really like her songs (lyrics and the structure of them) and her voice. I took a look on google and wanted to find informations from her early age, when she started music etc... but nothing really deep beside that she used to love soul music and singers with strong voices. I saw that she plays guitar and piano, but she is not playing those instruments on stage... I guess because she would like to focus only on her voice part... I was just curious to know... How long did she stay in the school music ? I did not find this information... her music is really beautiful and the way she composed just perfect to me :wub2:, I can't believe she is so young to write such songs - Hope to hear the "21" album soon, I really love the song "someone like you".

I think she completed school...it is a high school so she probably graduated when she was 17 or 18. I'm not sure.

I have never seen her play piano but she plays guitar and the ukulele on stage during her gigs, and even occasionally for TV performances.

4Q_z2WkSKTc

[YOUTUBE]RaozoFnb6_M[/YOUTUBE]

We bought tickets for her Show in Munich/Germany next week and had to give them back to ticketmaster, because they sold to many tickets. :annoyed_h4h::tears:

That is outrageous. :shocked:

I wouldn't have given mine back :shun:

I don't know about Europe but I think they really missed the mark when they were booking venues in North America. Her shows sold out instantly and people were on her site begging her to add extra dates, upgrade, etc. Tickets for her show in Toronto are now being sold for $200 because there is such a high demand. The last venue she played here was twice the size and they downgraded her to these small venues just before her album launched to #1 in Canada and the US. :doh: