That is outrageous. :shocked:

I wouldn't have given mine back :shun:

Me too, but my stupid friend send them back. :boxed:

I don't know about Europe but I think they really missed the mark when they were booking venues in North America. Her shows sold out instantly and people were on her site begging her to add extra dates, upgrade, etc. Tickets for her show in Toronto are now being sold for $200 because there is such a high demand. The last venue she played here was twice the size and they downgraded her to these small venues just before her album launched to #1 in Canada and the US. :doh:

All german shows are upgraded to bigger venues and now every concert is sold out. Only on ebay you can buy expensive tickets.

I think she completed school...it is a high school so she probably graduated when she was 17 or 18. I'm not sure.

I have never seen her play piano but she plays guitar and the ukulele on stage during her gigs, and even occasionally for TV performances.

4Q_z2WkSKTc

[YOUTUBE]RaozoFnb6_M[/YOUTUBE]

Thank you very much Christine :) I just discover her music so I sound a little bit curious, it's amazing, I like how she is playing... and it's great to see her with an instrument also or without anyway :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yay! I just found out such a thread exists and I love it!!

I listened to her album 19 now and then but became a big fan when the new album came out:aah:

I love the songs,her voice, and everything:blush-anim-cl:

one of my favorites is "set fire to the rain"

Have you seen her with curly hair ?:teehee:

screen-shot-2011-04-21-at-11-34-59-pm.png?w=510&h=376

hihi...she allways looks so cute and beautiful

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Not often am I a fan of covers but this is mind-blowing. Girlishly innocent, powerful and simply amazingly talented :thumb_yello:

I am not crazy about her phrasing. She is not English? She's cute though and sounds like she's got a lot of power.

On another note I went to a cinema screening of Adele's new DVD of her Royal Albert Hall performance. I think I cried at least 3 times. :roftl: She is so honest and real even though she manages to maintain her privacy. Even though I've always been captivated by male singers I don't think I could ever be as moved with Mika's or Paolo Nutini's music in the same way as Adele or Amy Winehouse even though I love them all. I think because I've always wished I could be a singer I feel a strange combination of envy/empathy/pride for brilliant female singers and male singers don't elicit the same emotions.

Anyway if you love Adele get the DVD. She's very chatty and of course the performances are grest.

I am not crazy about her phrasing. She is not English? She's cute though and sounds like she's got a lot of power.

On another note I went to a cinema screening of Adele's new DVD of her Royal Albert Hall performance. I think I cried at least 3 times. :roftl: She is so honest and real even though she manages to maintain her privacy. Even though I've always been captivated by male singers I don't think I could ever be as moved with Mika's or Paolo Nutini's music in the same way as Adele or Amy Winehouse even though I love them all. I think because I've always wished I could be a singer I feel a strange combination of envy/empathy/pride for brilliant female singers and male singers don't elicit the same emotions.

Anyway if you love Adele get the DVD. She's very chatty and of course the performances are grest.

She's Mexican, if I'm not mistaken, and only 10 :wink2:. Her articulation is unclear here and there and there are a few other things, but overall I like her interpretation and her voice a lot.

As for Adele, she's like a female version of MIKA for me :teehee: - I completely fangirl her. For her music, her voice, for her down-to-earthness.

She's Mexican, if I'm not mistaken, and only 10 :wink2:. Her articulation is unclear here and there and there are a few other things, but overall I like her interpretation and her voice a lot.

Yes her voice is very strong for 10 years old. If she keeps singing English she will get better at it very quickly because she is so young. Because he left home when he was only 12 or 13 Justin Bieber already has a perfect Atlanta accent, you'd never know he was Canadian. :naughty:

My favourite child prodigy is a girl named Josie who I think is 12 now. She's done a couple of Adele covers but she doesn't really have a diva power voice. But I love her phrasing. Anyway I've posted one of her videos in the not everything needs a thread thread since it doesn't have anything to do with Adele:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3590805#post3590805

As for Adele, she's like a female version of MIKA for me :teehee: - I completely fangirl her.

I pulled up in a cab once and she was outside on the pavement and I was so freaked out I hung up the phone on the person I was speaking to. I was yelling "OMG it's Adele!!" and then I realized I was just in a cab and not a soundproof chamber and I'd better calm down and act normal. :blush-anim-cl:

But you know I would never react like that around Mika. :mf_rosetinted: