In an MMMBop - the Hanson thread!

lollipop_monkey

Wish I lived in USA! I just went to a Hanson concert one time, when they came here in 2005 (and also I had to travel to Rio de Janeiro, as I live in Salvador, so it wasn't very cheap!!!).

Aaaaanddd, unfortunately, I don't think they're coming back soon :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without Tegan around these parts, this thread is starting to collect dust! :teehee:

I'm listening to Middle of Nowhere. I finally bought it on iTunes tonight - before, I only had it on casette tape. Yes, I said casette tape. :blush-anim-cl:

I still remember all the lyrics, even the order of the tracks. And these songs are just as good as they were in July of 1997 when I was going mental over them.

Hrm. Hanson in 1997, Mika in 2007. I'm trying to envision myself listening to LICM in 2019...wow, what a trippy thought. :naughty:

True... I keep this place going!

Wow... cassette... did you have Man From Milwaukee on it? My cousin had the cassette but I can't remember if it had it n there... I bought it on CD, despite not owning my own CD player (Zoe did though :wub2:)... it was the first CD I ever bought!

Wish I lived in USA! I just went to a Hanson concert one time, when they came here in 2005 (and also I had to travel to Rio de Janeiro, as I live in Salvador, so it wasn't very cheap!!!).

I know your pain... I don't like my chances of seeing them either... they came in 2005 too, and I missed out... I think I just came out of my Hanson hating stage...

• 2 weeks later...

I totally undestand, I've never been to a Hanson concert :emot-sad: it;s so sad

• 1 month later...
Has anyone here listened to the new EP, "Stand up Stand up"?

hey!

Yesssss I LOVE it! I'm so impressed.....I especially love Carry You There and World's On Fire, but the whole thing is excellent. I'm so excited about seeing them on Nov 1!

Have you listened to it?

xxx

They've been here twice: 2000 and 2005. I went to one of their concerts in 2005, and since then I've been waiting for more, but they never came back :( And I don't think they'll come soon...

Lucky you! I've never been to a Hanson concert... They came in 1997, but my parents wouldn't have taken me to Sydney and they came again in 2005, but I was going through a stage of disliking Hanson and also couldn't afford it cause of going to uni...

I hope they come here, I don't care if I have to go by myself, but I have to go!

Lucky you! I've never been to a Hanson concert... They came in 1997, but my parents wouldn't have taken me to Sydney and they came again in 2005, but I was going through a stage of disliking Hanson and also couldn't afford it cause of going to uni...

I hope they come here, I don't care if I have to go by myself, but I have to go!

You're from Australia, right? I think it's more probably that they'll go there soon! It's not always that we have nice international concerts here in Brazil. And if they go, I'm sure you'll be able to be there! =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1qpaC8EK7w

oh Zaaaaac :wub2: Don't Stop Believing and whoa I just saw that Tay is playing the drums

Oh man I'm a little too excited about seein em :naughty:

THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL!

God, these guys are gonna kill me...:mf_lustslow:

You're from Australia, right? I think it's more probably that they'll go there soon! It's not always that we have nice international concerts here in Brazil. And if they go, I'm sure you'll be able to be there! =D

I am!

Good chance... it seems everyone comes here before they even think about visiting you!

And I will certainly go... I don't care if I have to go on my own, I will go... I have to!

• 3 weeks later...

Aaaaah I saw the guys last night!!!!!

If anyone's interested, here's what happened:

On Sat I had gone to bed at about 2; we were in town for Halloween...which was CRAZY..

So I got up at 5 to get the early bus as I wanted to do The Walk

BUT the 7am bus never arrived....They said the driver got sick and they were sending another, but it'd be almost 2hrs. In the end, they didn't send another one! They just put us on the next bus, which was at 10.50...so yeah, 5 hours waiting at the station! I couldn't believe it. So I didn't get to Dallas until 3, which means I had missed the walk. :(

Anyway, the station was only a ten minute walk from the venue, so when I got there I saw Taylor just heading inside from the walk. I met up with 5 girls from the fanclub and we had dinner, and then queued up at 5, and the doors opened at 6. I got to about 8 rows from the front :) There were 3 support bands, which were pretty good.

Hanson came on at 9.30, and whoaaaa do they put on a show...they played a great mixture of old and new stuff, and it was fun cos I knew all of it, and they really get the crowd going. They're so talented.... They played for a full 2 hours and it was just brilliant!! I especially loved If Only, World's On Fire and Zac's BEAUTIFUL version of Use Me Up....OMG he should do more lead vocals! I got a great vid of it.

Afterwards we went around to the buses.. I really wanted to meet Zac. He came out after close to an hour, and he met with everyone, signed things, talked, took pictures. He's so nice. When he heard I was from Ireland he was like: "whoooaaa...what brings you to Dallas?!" and I told him I was studying in Austin. We took a pic (my now favourite photo in my life, ever...lol)

and when he was moving onto the next person he said, "good luck with your studies" Oh he's a sweetheart. I knew Isaac and Tay would be a while and I had to catch my bus, so I left, but I had fulfilled my dream of meeting Zac! Love those guys!!!!!!

I will post links as soon as my vids are uploaded :)

On Sat I had gone to bed at about 2; we were in town for Halloween...which was CRAZY..

BUT the 7am bus never arrived....They said the driver got sick and they were sending another, but it'd be almost 2hrs. In the end, they didn't send another one! They just put us on the next bus, which was at 10.50...so yeah, 5 hours waiting at the station! I couldn't believe it. So I didn't get to Dallas until 3, which means I had missed the walk. :(

Anyway, the station was only a ten minute walk from the venue, so when I got there I saw Taylor just heading inside from the walk. I met up with 5 girls from the fanclub and we had dinner, and then queued up at 5, and the doors opened at 6. I got to about 8 rows from the front :) There were 3 support bands, which were pretty good.

Hanson came on at 9.30, and whoaaaa do they put on a show...they played a great mixture of old and new stuff, and it was fun cos I knew all of it, and they really get the crowd going. They're so talented.... They played for a full 2 hours and it was just brilliant!! I especially loved If Only, World's On Fire and Zac's BEAUTIFUL version of Use Me Up....OMG he should do more lead vocals! I got a great vid of it.

Afterwards we went around to the buses.. I really wanted to meet Zac. He came out after close to an hour, and he met with everyone, signed things, talked, took pictures. He's so nice. When he heard I was from Ireland he was like: "whoooaaa...what brings you to Dallas?!" and I told him I was studying in Austin. We took a pic (my now favourite photo in my life, ever...lol)

and when he was moving onto the next person he said, "good luck with your studies" Oh he's a sweetheart. I knew Isaac and Tay would be a while and I had to catch my bus, so I left, but I had fulfilled my dream of meeting Zac! Love those guys!!!!!!

AWWWWWWW!!!

Sucks you missed out on the walk, but very cool that you got to meet Zac...

Have you uploaded the pic of you and Zac?

AWWWWWWW!!!

Sucks you missed out on the walk, but very cool that you got to meet Zac...

Have you uploaded the pic of you and Zac?

You saw it on my facebook, right? :mf_lustslow::blush-anim-cl:

Ooooooooooooh! I love those vids! And Zac really needs to sing lead vocals more often...

Yes!! Exactly! When I met him I said "your rendition of Use Me Up was just...amazing" and you could see he really appreciated it, he looked into my eyes and said "oh, thank you!" *swoon* LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1qpaC8EK7w

oh Zaaaaac :wub2: Don't Stop Believing and whoa I just saw that Tay is playing the drums

Oh man I'm a little too excited about seein em :naughty:

:swoon:

This is awesome!! I can't believe it's already been a year since I last saw them. Feels like yesterday. :wub2:

OK I took a lot!

Been There Before:

World's on Fire:

Carry You There:

Penny and Me1:

Penny and Me 2 (zoomed in):

A Song to Sing:

Use Me Up :wub2:

These Walls:

Crazy Beautiful:

If Only:

Mmmbop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xeQVSPHkmg

Thank you! I still LOVE Penny and Me. And If Only. And Crazy Beautiful. :fangurl:

And thanks for your report! Looks like a great crowd, they seemed really into it. :biggrin2:

You saw it on my facebook, right? :mf_lustslow::blush-anim-cl:

Yes!! Exactly! When I met him I said "your rendition of Use Me Up was just...amazing" and you could see he really appreciated it, he looked into my eyes and said "oh, thank you!" *swoon* LOL

That I did! Even though I'm an Ike girl, that was a gorgeous pic.. :fangurl:

Awwwww.... he's too adorable!

• 4 weeks later...

awww i'm so jealous.....i want to go to a Hanson concert so bad

i'm glad to hear that Zac was so nice with you:wub2:, because some people has told me that he is a little bit obnoxious/rude, it's nice to know he is not always like that....

thanks for the videos...!!!