The SCISSOR SISTERS thread

englishrose

Woooow, I didn't know about the existence of this thread! Cooool!

I started listening to Scissor Sisters... eeeehm... three months ago, I think. It all started when *Get ready for a boring but not too long story* I learnt that Mika was coming to Argentina on November, and he was going to play in a Festival with other bands, like Scissor Sisters. I know it sounds horrible, but I said to myself "Well, if I'm going to a festival, I should know, at least, 2 bands", so I decided to download 'Night Work' to see what Scissor Sisters was about... I mean, I knew many songs from 'Ta-Dah', but I didn't know any of the new album.

When the CD ended, I was like "OMG, it's amazing! :shocked:" and I played it many times as my batteries resisted! :aah:

Well, that was my story about "How I met Scissor Sisters"... I know it's not the best, but it's the truth!

And, of course, when I saw them live, I completely fell in love with them... Jake himself is a show! Seeing him is amazing, his movements, his eyes (Gosh, he looked at me three times! :shocked:), and his booooody :drool:; and Ana is not only a great singer... Her voice tone is super sweet and fantastic... She's also inexplicably "sex addict" :naughty:, which I really loved! Both of them are very funny!

Okay, I'm leaving, cause this is too much, and I don't want to bore you.

Bye people! :biggrin2:

:naughty: Jake is da man :aah:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:naughty: Jake is da man :aah:

Btw, did you know that he finished his show running in a thong? :aah: I don't know if anyone had already mentioned this before... I couldn't read all the other pages! (And in the back, there wasn't any tongue. We could see his butt! :teehee:)

Btw, did you know that he finished his show running in a thong? :aah: I don't know if anyone had already mentioned this before... I couldn't read all the other pages! (And in the back, there wasn't any tongue. We could see his butt! :teehee:)

:shocked: OMG I didn´t know it.. how did it happen? :aah: running in a thong is such Jake´s thing :teehee::teehee:

Did someone recorded it? :mf_rosetinted:

btw thank u for the info :blush-anim-cl:

:shocked: OMG I didn´t know it.. how did it happen? :aah: running in a thong is such Jake´s thing :teehee::teehee:

Did someone recorded it? :mf_rosetinted:

btw thank u for the info :blush-anim-cl:

I got this video! (Not good quality tho) The outstanding moment is the last minute... or the last seconds! Anyway, hope you enjoy it! :naughty:

I got this video! (Not good quality tho) The outstanding moment is the last minute... or the last seconds! Anyway, hope you enjoy it! :naughty:

THANK YOU!!! :teehee:

ana always talks a little bit too much for my taste...:mf_rosetinted:

^oh god. :aah:

Anyways, Scissor Sisters confirming the Oakland Gaga date made the decision for me - i will be attending the monster ball. :thumb_yello: I bought tickets last week. It'll be fun. Now i just have to decide if im going to rep SS or SPW!

My sisters boyfriend already decided he making an "outfit" of all the $3 scissor dollars we got at the last oakland show. :naughty:

Well Jake has never been known for being shy :naughty::naughty:

Tim Hailand's photographic book essay in the "One Day in the Life" series featuring Jake is on preorder now :thumb_yello:

Clicky

It should be pretty sexy - from what I'm seeing and hearing

:clap::clap:

If you haven't heard of the project... here's a blurb from Tim's website

riginally started in 2006 as an editorial assignment on singer Jake Shears, the One Day in the Life of book series was officially launched in December 2009 with the publication of One Day in the Life of Daniel Radcliffe, following the famed actor as he appeared on the Broadway stage in Equus. Hailand Books is pleased to announce two new titles in the book series: One Day in the Life of Rufus Wainwright, and One Day in the Life of Jake Shears. With these new volumes, Tim Hailand takes us along on a tour in pictures through an entire day with these creative figures. Based formally on the concept of The Wizard of Oz, we move through the more mundane aspects of the day in black and white images, and pop into the color world during the actual performance itself.

Moving into the world of sports, 2011 will see the release of One Day in the life of Gareth Thomas, which will detail a day in the life of the famed Welsh Rugby player as he plays with his team in Cardiff. Stay tuned for more titles to be released in 2011.

Both One Day in the Life of Rufus Wainwright, and One Day in the Life of Jake Shears are available NOW for pre-order at the special price of $30, and will be $35 upon publication February 2011. Click buy the book option to order your copy now.

Edited by prussell716

Both One Day in the Life of Rufus Wainwright, and One Day in the Life of Jake Shears are available NOW for pre-order at the special price of $30, and will be $35 upon publication February 2011. Click buy the book option to order your copy now.

wow, the guy has great taste, two of your (and mine :teehee:) favorite artists...:thumb_yello:

i think i know what you're getting for christmas this year! :naughty:

now, what about this:

http://www.scissorsisters.com/news/jake-co-writes-a-musical-tickets-on-sale-now

another premiere in SF! :teehee:

wow, the guy has great taste, two of your (and mine :teehee:) favorite artists...:thumb_yello:

i think i know what you're getting for christmas this year! :naughty:

now, what about this:

http://www.scissorsisters.com/news/jake-co-writes-a-musical-tickets-on-sale-now

another premiere in SF! :teehee:

:biggrin2: Christmas and birthday are taken care of courtesy of Mr. Hailand :biggrin2:

and yes - I've been following Jake's musical... Tales was selected by The Eugene O'Neill Theatre group to hold a workshop last year... and they did several 'readings' at the end of the workshop - where the cast read and sang through the script. It wasn't really designed for the general public - but they did sell a very small number of tickets to the public (mostly the local artsy folk who are just interested in seeing any new works). I'm a fan of Armistad, love the books/mini-series of Tales... and as you know, rather fond of Jake too :roftl: So I went and saw it - it was in it's very early stages... and I'm sure it has evolved etc. - but I was blown away. It's gonna be FAB! :thumb_yello:

So I'm coming to SF for the premier :biggrin2: I had wanted to come for Rufus' sonnets in November - but knowing that this was going to be scheduled in SF was part of the reason I didn't... plus my vacation time and funds for 2010 had pretty much been used up - lol!

and sweet.pixie -- thank you for the picture link :drool::drool: they are terrific :thumb_yello:

:biggrin2: Christmas and birthday are taken care of courtesy of Mr. Hailand :biggrin2:

and yes - I've been following Jake's musical... Tales was selected by The Eugene O'Neill Theatre group to hold a workshop last year... and they did several 'readings' at the end of the workshop - where the cast read and sang through the script. It wasn't really designed for the general public - but they did sell a very small number of tickets to the public (mostly the local artsy folk who are just interested in seeing any new works). I'm a fan of Armistad, love the books/mini-series of Tales... and as you know, rather fond of Jake too :roftl: So I went and saw it - it was in it's very early stages... and I'm sure it has evolved etc. - but I was blown away. It's gonna be FAB! :thumb_yello:

So I'm coming to SF for the premier :biggrin2: I had wanted to come for Rufus' sonnets in November - but knowing that this was going to be scheduled in SF was part of the reason I didn't... plus my vacation time and funds for 2010 had pretty much been used up - lol!

and sweet.pixie -- thank you for the picture link :drool::drool: they are terrific :thumb_yello:

no way! you're coming to SF! would love to meet you there...:wink2:

but i can't buy tickets now, because i might be in europe in may. :aah:

thankfully we have a very well-functioning craigslist in the bay area, so if i can make it i'm sure i'll find a ticket...:teehee:

Was at the first night of the UK shows at Birmingham laast night, and it was fantastic!

They are so up for a good time, and Jake seems to have stopped singing falsetto altogether now!

I have quite a few videos, but won't get them on til next week, so will get them on here as soon as Ii can.

I LOVE BabyDaddys Scissor Sisters guitar, and the performance of Mary was amazing, really special.

Edited by RAK1

Was at the first night of the UK shows at Birmingham laast night, and it was fantastic!

They are so up for a good time, and Jake seems to have stopped singing falsetto altogether now!

I have quite a few videos, but won't get them on til next week, so will get them on here as soon as Ii can.

I LOVE BabyDaddys Scissor Sisters guitar, and the performance of Mary was amazing, really special.

Wow! Sounds fantastic - even more excited now!:biggrin2::shocked::mf_lustslow:

I've read a review someone made from when they played here and it said that he had something wrong with his voice and that's why he didn't do many falsettos, but that was 2 weeks ago :dunno:

I've read a review someone made from when they played here and it said that he had something wrong with his voice and that's why he didn't do many falsettos, but that was 2 weeks ago :dunno:

I am hoping for the falsetto :mf_rosetinted:

I was wondering if he had got comfortable with singing mid range now, that he would prefer to continue it. I must say I Don't Feel Like Dancing seemed odd, with him not singing falsetto.