The SCISSOR SISTERS thread

englishrose

Great Picture with Jake BangBangLou!! Agree that he is absolutely the sweetest :wub2:

And don't feel bad koolj - we can't do them all... they have extended the run of Tales again (the 3rd extension - very good sign!!) - now through July 31st... so maybe you'll get a chance to go :thumb_yello: And the half sold Baltimore show was a shame - poorly advertised... I brought a big group of people to the show and did what I could to get the word out - just a shame because I doubt that they'll come back to Baltimore - grrrr

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so... back from the UK... a trip planned around the House of Rufus event at the Royal Opera House in London... I got the added bonus of 2 Scissor Sister shows book-ending my trip :biggrin2:

The Sisters headlined for 2 music Festivals that I was able to make- Lovebox in London July 17th and Splendour in Nottingham July 24th.

Lovebox was a sloppy mess - rain leading up to and on the day of the show (it was a 3 day festival - last night featuring the Scissor Sisters on "Gay Day"). Luckily the skies cleared by the time Blondie (the set preceding the Sisters) came out. Blondie actually put on a great set - was impressed with Debbie's energy and the way she worked the crowd. The Scissor Sisters set was brief - about an hour... but, as usual, full of energy. The highlight - hands down - was bringing Beth Ditto on (Beth was the act before Blondie) for Tits on the Radio - she rocked the vocals - Ana and Jake were pretty giddy to have her join.

Splendour was the last day of my trip - and the weather was gorgeous. I'm not really a fan of music festivals... again Blondie was the act preceding Jake and the gang. I'm used to being up front for the Sisters... but was with a group that are 'less obsessive' than myself :naughty: .. so arrived in time for Blondie... and was able to get about 3 deep from the stage - which wasn't too bad. Blondie again wowed the crowd (it was her 66th birthday!). The Sisters did a longer set for this show... about an hour and a half :thumb_yello: It was a big crowd - over 20000 - there to primarily see the SS... I'm not used to an audience as big as love loving my Sisters - so it was really cool to witness. Ana spotted me... and after that song apologized to the crowd and asked people to move and let me up to the front/center next to some very nice UK VIP fans... and introduced me to the crowd etc. :wub2: A very cool moment... I love those guys :biggrin2:

I have the set list for that show...

Night Work

Any Which Way

Laura

Tits

Harder You Get

Running Out

Take Your Mama Out

Kiss You Off

Fire With Fire (dedicated to Amy Winehouse - told us to hug our friends and sing with them)

Skin this Cat

Comfortably Numb

Paul McCartney

Filthy Gorgeous

Encore:

I Don't Feel Like Dancin'

Invisible Light

Rufus and family, Jake and Ana and the Sisters - don't think I'll ever be able to top this week.

Here are a couple pictures from the 2 Scissor Sister shows

Lovebox & Splendour

It was a big crowd - over 20000 - there to primarily see the SS... I'm not used to an audience as big as love loving my Sisters - so it was really cool to witness.

yeah, guess you haven't seen them in the bay area...:aah:

i would actually love to make it to the front or have some room further back for once...:naughty:

Ana spotted me... and after that song apologized to the crowd and asked people to move and let me up to the front/center next to some very nice UK VIP fans... and introduced me to the crowd etc. :wub2: A very cool moment...

:shocked:

wow, that is really cool! i bet your friends were impressed along with the rest of the people there... wish i could see this moment on a video! :teehee:

I have the set list for that show...

Night Work

Any Which Way

Laura

Tits

Harder You Get

Running Out

Take Your Mama Out

Kiss You Off

Fire With Fire (dedicated to Amy Winehouse - told us to hug our friends and sing with them)

Skin this Cat

Comfortably Numb

Paul McCartney

Filthy Gorgeous

Encore:

I Don't Feel Like Dancin'

Invisible Light

that list is longer than the set they played in SF last...:teehee:

how do you like invisible light as last song? i wished it was a little earlier... (picky fan :mf_rosetinted:)

Rufus and family, Jake and Ana and the Sisters - don't think I'll ever be able to top this week.

no, you won't and neither will the rest of us...:aah::naughty:

it sounds like a week out of a dream...:blush-anim-cl:

i'm really happy for you and very excited to hear about it all! :biggrin2:

thanks for the pics, too, i liked the colorful outfits (better than the silver and gold of other shows) :thumb_yello:

how do you like invisible light as last song? i wished it was a little earlier... (picky fan :mf_rosetinted:)

Well... I love Invisible Light... and it's dramatic they way Jake and Ana exit and return with the altered costumes... I can see why it is the last song... If I were doing the set list though... I would make Invisible Light the last song before the encore... and Filthy Gorgeous the last song... That's my favorite one for them to close with... with Jake flashing the audience as he exits of course - lol :biggrin2:

Well... I love Invisible Light... and it's dramatic they way Jake and Ana exit and return with the altered costumes... I can see why it is the last song... If I were doing the set list though... I would make Invisible Light the last song before the encore... and Filthy Gorgeous the last song... That's my favorite one for them to close with... with Jake flashing the audience as he exits of course - lol :biggrin2:

invisible light is my favorite moment of the show, so it's kind of weird when it ends right after...

filthy/gorgeous has always been a great last song, it was the last song when i saw them 5 years ago. they probably just had to mix it up a little...:dunno:

on the other hand, mika is still doing lollipop at the end (as far as i know)...:naughty:

• 5 months later...

so... been a while since I've been on here. The new Sisters track has been released... quite a departure. Not exactly my taste... but the more I listened.. the more obsessed I became. Maybe I'm just biased and would lap up anything by Jake... but I think it's ridic... am I alone? :blush-anim-cl:

so... been a while since I've been on here. The new Sisters track has been released... quite a departure. Not exactly my taste... but the more I listened.. the more obsessed I became. Maybe I'm just biased and would lap up anything by Jake... but I think it's ridic... am I alone? :blush-anim-cl:

and the video as well

[YOUTUBE]mLZ8jCDYHHM&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

good to see you here, and to have this thread bumped! :thumb_yello:

i can tell that you like this track. :naughty:

i need some more time to listen to it some more, only heard it about 3x so far, but every time does get better. i do like this type of music...:teehee:

and the video as well

[YOUTUBE]mLZ8jCDYHHM&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

thank you! interesting video. i think i liked the invisible light video better...:teehee:

are they going to have a new album this year, too???

good to see you here, and to have this thread bumped! :thumb_yello:

i can tell that you like this track. :naughty:

i need some more time to listen to it some more, only heard it about 3x so far, but every time does get better. i do like this type of music...:teehee:

thank you! interesting video. i think i liked the invisible light video better...:teehee:

are they going to have a new album this year, too???

yes, this is what I found

2012–present: Upcoming Fourth Album

Scissor Sisters are currently working on their fourth, yet untitled, album. Shears tweeted on October 31, 2011 that the album is in its final stages. On December 25, 2011, the band announced via Facebook, that a song from the new album titled "Shady Love" would debut on January 2, 2012. The song debuted on Annie Mac's BBC Radio 1 show on January 2, 2012 and features vocals from Azealia Banks under the pseudonym Krystal Pepsy.

yes, this is what I found

2012–present: Upcoming Fourth Album

Scissor Sisters are currently working on their fourth, yet untitled, album. Shears tweeted on October 31, 2011 that the album is in its final stages. On December 25, 2011, the band announced via Facebook, that a song from the new album titled "Shady Love" would debut on January 2, 2012. The song debuted on Annie Mac's BBC Radio 1 show on January 2, 2012 and features vocals from Azealia Banks under the pseudonym Krystal Pepsy.

holy smokes, i kind of missed that, even though i follow them on twitter and call myself a fan...:teehee:

i better win the lottery - now three of my favorite artists are having new albums and i'm expecting at least one to come on tour... :boing:

i better win the lottery - now three of my favorite artists are having new albums and i'm expecting at least one to come on tour... :boing:

you and me both! Yipes... waiting on US tour dates for the SS and Rufus to be announced sooooon... I heard somewhere the Sisters' CD will be released in the next couple months. I've got 1 big trip scheduled for Rufus and can't really do much more this year... but there should be some shows for each in the northeast... I hope!!! :thumb_yello:

you and me both! Yipes... waiting on US tour dates for the SS and Rufus to be announced sooooon... I heard somewhere the Sisters' CD will be released in the next couple months. I've got 1 big trip scheduled for Rufus and can't really do much more this year... but there should be some shows for each in the northeast... I hope!!! :thumb_yello:

uggh. all of their shows are expensive, too... lately i've been happy just seeing local bands which isn't as hard on the wallet...:naughty:

rufus usually does at least 2 shows in the bay area so at least it will be close, SS will do one, but not to forget Mika!!! :aah: i really want to see him twice so i'll have to travel...:sneaky2:

really excited for all these new albums though!!! :biggrin2:

• 2 months later...

such a great photo - they all look luscious! So excited... and dying to see them live... wish I could be in London at the O2 on May 16 & 17th!! Hoping that the yet to be announced show at the Bowery Ballroom in NYC is a date that I can swing :biggrin2:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks!! I just saw it... and - while I do adore the band - and I like the song... there's not much to the video... was hoping for a better one this time! :wink2:

I can't wait to see them in NY in a couple of weeks and hear all the new stuff!! :thumb_yello:

Edited by prussell716

Thanks!! I just saw it... and - while I do adore the band - and I like the song... there's not much to the video... was hoping for a better one this time! :wink2:

I can't wait to see them in NY in a couple of weeks and hear all the new stuff!! :thumb_yello:

You're welcome. That's right. I hope they return to there 'old stuff'. I think the video is a kinda 'Any Which Way' video. Though AWW was better...

Can't wait for the new stuff too!!!!! :)

I really like that song a lot :wub2:

I can't wait for the rest of the new album :excite:

The vid is a typical Scissor's sisters vid, no my cup of tea, but what I really love is their songs and sound :wub2: so I hope there will be some I really love as in their two previous albums :das:

I don't know if you guys agree with that but there are some I don't care for and some I really love in each of their albums , although in Night Works I really like all of them and can never get enough of some ... :wub2: