The SCISSOR SISTERS thread

englishrose

well I don't think it's by choice that Jake is refraining from the falsetto - he's been sick and has apologized for his inability to use the upper regions of his range:wink2: Hopefully he'll get better soon... while I'm sure it's still a great show... his high notes rock :biggrin2:

and koolj5... For Tales in SF... I'm going to be at the May 31st, June 1st and June 3rd shows... hope that you'll be around for 1 of those! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well I don't think it's by choice that Jake is refraining from the falsetto - he's been sick and has apologized for his inability to use the upper regions of his range:wink2: Hopefully he'll get better soon... while I'm sure it's still a great show... his high notes rock :biggrin2:

and koolj5... For Tales in SF... I'm going to be at the May 31st, June 1st and June 3rd shows... hope that you'll be around for 1 of those! :thumb_yello:

:sad: poor thing... I hope he gets well soon...I miss his falsetto :biggrin2:

yesterday bought a magazine just to see an interview of him..It was a amazing interview btw :wub2:

:thumb_yello:

Yep.....hope he gets well soon :huglove:

Ah, Abby's going along too, goodo:-)

I was sitting, but, when they sing Mary, look behind you, not at the stage;-)

Oh! OK :thumb_yello:

Awesome Awesome awesome!

First time I had seen them and absolutly LOVED it. Glasgow was like Siberia last night but it was worth it. A fantastic gig. Very professional and slick I thought, but prsonalised to the host city too.

Loved Jake's outfits - particularly the red one.

Ana was great too.

Brilliant position, right up against the barrier at the side of the stage.

Awesome Awesome awesome!

First time I had seen them and absolutly LOVED it. Glasgow was like Siberia last night but it was worth it. A fantastic gig. Very professional and slick I thought, but prsonalised to the host city too.

Loved Jake's outfits - particularly the red one.

Ana was great too.

Brilliant position, right up against the barrier at the side of the stage.

Yay -- I heard there was a lot of snow in Glasgow... I'm glad the show went on!! :thumb_yello: How was Jake feeling --- was he using his falsetto?

I'm glad you enjoyed the show! :biggrin2:

hmmmmm... the Invisible Light Video is out... One my favorite songs on the cd :thumb_yello: but I don't think I am liking or understanding the video :shocked:

http://pitchfork.com/tv/#/musicvideo/9989-scissor-sisters-invisible-light-boysnoize

Plus --- they've edited out part of Sir Ian's spoken part ---- grrrrrrrrr

It´s basically pointlessely delicious :teehee: but yeh.. Its very weird :blink:

Its such a scissor sisters´s thing :naughty:

hmmmmm... the Invisible Light Video is out... One my favorite songs on the cd :thumb_yello: but I don't think I am liking or understanding the video :shocked:

http://pitchfork.com/tv/#/musicvideo/9989-scissor-sisters-invisible-light-boysnoize

:shocked: <-- My face watching it :mf_rosetinted:

Let's just say it's well made :mf_rosetinted:

Not sure if I like it or not. Btw, not listening to it :aah: Can't right now.

T4P :biggrin2:

oh what a nightmare! :naughty:

doesn't seem like it's gonna get much exposure in the US with all that nudity...:teehee:

i think i understand the video very well, though. it's about a woman in her midlife crisis...:teehee:

i didn't know the song was about that and now i like it even more! :mf_rosetinted:

(sweet pixie - just forget about the vid and keep enjoying the song! in my mind the song itself still 'looks' very different...)

Yay -- I heard there was a lot of snow in Glasgow... I'm glad the show went on!! :thumb_yello: How was Jake feeling --- was he using his falsetto?

I'm glad you enjoyed the show! :biggrin2:

Yeah - it was absolutly FREEZING.:blink:

Jake seemed in great form and yes he was singing falsetto :biggrin2:

• 2 months later...

A new date has been added (not a Gaga date) for our US west coasters :biggrin2:

San Francisco - The Warfield

April 15th

Tickets on sale this Sunday... some kind of presale this Friday - but I can't seem to find any info on what type of presale it is:boxed:

Ticket Info

They are also in the line up for the Bonnaroo Music Festival June 9-11 in Machester, Tennessee... afraid I can't make either of these - :)

Bonnaroo

Edited by prussell716

A new date has been added (not a Gaga date) for our US west coasters :biggrin2:

April 15th

Tickets on sale this Sunday... some kind of presale this Friday - but I can't seem to find any info on what type of presale it is:boxed:

Ticket Info

They are also in the line up for the Bonnaroo Music Festival June 9-11 in Machester, Tennessee... afraid I can't make either of these - :)

Bonnaroo

wow, thank you!!!! :biggrin2:

i will try to go!

April 15th

:bow::bow: thank you. i did not know about this!

Thank goodness for me deciding to check this forum today.

I will buy my tix the second they go on sale!

I am seeing them on the Monster Ball aswell. Cant wait for the next 2 months. :roftl:

You're Welcome :thumb_yello: I knew a couple peeps might be interested :biggrin2:

Plus - just saw from their Facebook status that they'll be on Letterman tonight!

Scissor Sisters: "Make sure to tune into CBS at 11:35PM tonight to catch your Scisstors performing 'Running Out' on the Letterman show!"

:biggrin2:

You're Welcome :thumb_yello: I knew a couple peeps might be interested :biggrin2:

Plus - just saw from their Facebook status that they'll be on Letterman tonight!

Scissor Sisters: "Make sure to tune into CBS at 11:35PM tonight to catch your Scisstors performing 'Running Out' on the Letterman show!"

:biggrin2:

yeah, i saw that. interesting song choice for letterman...:teehee: (is it a single?)

bonnaroo sounds great, i wish i was closer. there's another favorite artist of mine in the line-up: pretty lights. i'm thinking about opening a thread for him...:wink2:

• 2 months later...

saw the SS last friday. i almost missed it because i didn't get my ticket fast enough and then i ended up paying more for floor tickets...

the balcony wasn't sold out though, and i'm really going to consider that sometime. especially in the first row. those people had a great view, were close to the band, lots of space around them AND the band could see THEM really well, too...:wink2:

(:pbjt: is what those people up there did...:naughty:)

anyways, that venue was too small for the scissor sisters. i knew i wasn't gonna be early enough for front row so decided to stay toward the back of the main floor, just finding a nice space to dance.

well, there wasn't any space ANYWHERE. the main floor was filled up to the sides and back, you couldn't even get down there anymore. the raised general floor parts in the back were also packed.

thankfully the place was so small that even from the very back i could see the band really close, whenever i got a chance to see past the people in front of me.

the show itself was great. compared to when i saw them in september, relatively at the beginning of their tour, they had loosened up a bit, and it didn't seem quite as rehearsed and robotic.

they changed the order of songs a little, filthy/gorgeous was at the end of the set vs at the end of the encore, and i understand that they can't forever have it as the last song. still, i'm not sure that invisible light is a good choice for the very end. :dunno: for me it is the absolute highlight and climax of the show, and it fit better earlier in the show like they did in september.

overall the show was pretty short, too, i was a little sad when i realized they hadn't played two of my favorites that they used to include - whole new way, and skin tight.

anyways, hoping to hear from somebody else who might have been there or at any other of the recent shows...:teehee:

I was also at the SS show on friday. :)

We got in line at like 6pm. We were down the street at like 5 but we decided to eat before we even looked at the line situation. (vegan mongolian beef @ green papaya *dies* so worth it!) We got there and there was a pretty good line going but luckily lost some people at the bar and coat-check so we ended up getting the last spaces on the barricade! :kachinga:

Oh Land was awweessome! She did a great set, like i wish she could have played longer but then i remembered SS were next so i got over it.

Okay so Scissor Sisters! They taped these silver like balloons/streamer/thingys (idk what u call them) to some fans infront of the stage and when they came out they set all the fans off and it blew them out over the crowd. It was kinddaaa awkward and not fun, just inconvenient :naughty: and then the fans started to fall off stage! So the guys had to like hold the fans onstage with their backs and try to grab their knives so they could cut the silver things loose into the crowd. Once those were gone...it was all good.

(you can see it in this persons video at like 1:55:

)

but yea, the show was so much fun! The vibe was much more fun and loose than the show in Oakland last year. Like koolj5 said, it didnt seem as rehersed as last time and it made everyone loosen up. I danced a whole lot more, and it was just......great! So much fun. :biggrin2:

And it was so great to see them so close after being 2nd level at the monster ball last month to see them.

And I noticed a lot more younger people at this show, which was cool. When they played in Oakland me and my friends were like the youngest people there! (and we're 20-24) And now there were a bunch more that looked our age or younger.

oh and "Ive got sardines in my -----! Im Janet Jackson!" :naughty:

I didnt take pictures last time i was barricade for them so this time i tried to take a few on my cellphone for memories. They came out crappy, but eh.

Heres all the pix i took:

marquee

sign.jpg

oh land's set up

photo3-1.jpg

Scissor Sisters set up

photo4-2.jpg

scissor sisters!

photo5-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

Edited by BangBangLou

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I've been on here... have had some fun with the Sisters the past couple weeks. Tales of the City had it's world premier in San Francisco June 1st/ press premier May 31st (Jake and JJ Garden did the score)... was lucky enough to be there both nights. Just fantastic - the hometown crowd was an easy sell of course... the audience was clapping to the music and whooping and hollering BEFORE the opening curtain - was an electric atmosphere :biggrin2: There are rumors that the show may go to London's West End next - would be a great fit for it - and Tales is huge over there. Hoping it makes it to Broadway... I'm biased - but think it has a good chance! Laura Linney was there for the June 1st show :thumb_yello: If you have the chance to go see it - please do it! Jake was SO appreciative for the support - I couldn't be more proud of him :wub2:

Also heard Jake and Babydaddy are going to be doing the music to the movie version of Fragglerock! http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jun/15/scissor-sisters-fraggle-rock-movie :thumb_yello: Busy boys!

The Sisters also came to my neck of the woods and put on 2 great shows in DC and Baltimore... DC was sold out - but Baltimore - which is only 30 miles away - was just over half sold. Still the atmosphere was great - very filthy and energetic shows... same set list basically as previous Night Work shows... and they've put Fire with Fire back on the set list :wink2: They've added a bunch of festival type shows in the UK in July - and luckily I'll be able to go to a couple as I'm over there for some Rufus dates and a vacation :biggrin2:

^ Awesome! :biggrin2:I've been reeealllly wanting to go see Tales! I need to Buckle down, pick a date and buy a ticket! :aah:

0o0 and I met Jake in SF last month at a signing he and Tim Hailand did for the "One day in the life..." book.

It was my first time meeting him so i was really excited! I got there a half hour before the signing and was the only one there.

I felt like such a creepy fangirl hanging around outside by myself, even for that short amount time :aah:, but more people came like 15 minute later.

my pic with jake, he's the sweetest :pinkbow::

246619_2157927267152_1215609423_2638334_520218_n.jpg

my signed book:

247118_2157939707463_1215609423_2638337_547490_n.jpg

thank you guys, i loved hearing about 'tales' and the book signing, so glad you could make it there. :biggrin2:

makes me feel like a very bad fan, i haven't been anywhere lately, basically a lack of funding and time...:boxed:

i did go to the show in april though, and after hearing about a half sold out show in baltimore i'm just a tad jealous - in SF we were standing like sardines...:sneaky2::naughty:

next time they come to the bay area, they'll have to upgrade the venue...