The SCISSOR SISTERS thread

englishrose

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wooo! 3 days! i have no idea what to WEAR! :aah:

And are they doing the whole US Monster Ball next year?

Because then im gonna need to go! Semi Precious Weapons and Scissor Sisters the same night? That's just too amazing. I mean I like Gaga but im not a fan enough to go for her alone. :huh:

Scissor Sisters, Semi Precious Weapons and Lady Gaga, what fantastic night you're going to have, lucky girl!:aah:

Scissor Sisters, Semi Precious Weapons and Lady Gaga, what fantastic night you're going to have, lucky girl!:aah:

I don't know if i'll go! I know i'll hella try though! :aah:

Im seeing SPW in 2 weeks. They completely OWN me! So that gives me SS and SPW headline shows for $65 total. Which is a better deal than the monster ball. :naughty:

ANYWAYS, the Oakland show was fun! We ended up on the barricade. 1st a little to the left but then ended up smack dab in the middle. Casey Spooner was hilarious and amazing, i bought his cd afterwards.

The band were great! Jake looked so cool when he came out with his jacket and sunglasses. :mf_rosetinted: Ana is amazing, i wanna be her. She was also talking so much love to Oakland and SF. BabyDaddy looks so bored the whole time. haha

I got the most pumped up for Filthy/Gorgeous and it was the last song! :aah::aah: The $3 scissor bills were too cute! I have them in my wallet.

The big group of bears our left ended up shirtless and stinky...and covered in glitter. hahah :naughty:

And a random little cherry on top of a great show, me and my sis ended up next to Davey Havok (the lead singer of afi, our favorite band ever) on the way out. So we turned into little fangirls, turned around, and watched until he got backstage. :blush-anim-cl: He was walking with Dave Grohl but only my sisters bf seemed to care :naughty: So that made our night perfect and we went home to sleeeepy.

Tonight - right?? :biggrin2:

koolj5 and BangBangLou ( and anybody going ) --- Have a Fabulous night - Jealous!

thanks, yes, it was sunday. was of course amazing, even though i caught myself reminiscing about seeing mika last time i was at that venue...:teehee:

had a few problems. after the opening act my spot (2/3 row) got invaded by a group of really rude guys that kept pushing everyone the whole time. :sneaky2::bonk:

the show itself - i found it a little sad that it's getting too choreographed, as if it needed to distract from the music... same with all that sexuality jake is throwing at you :aah:, i don't think that much is really necessary if you know what i mean... the music alone is great...

obviously i've seen and enjoyed them before, and knew exactly that it was going to be like this, but for some reason for the first couple of songs i felt as if i didn't belong (it was about 80-90% guys there)...:blink:

of course, even if it's not for me, i like to watch jake, too, and ended up getting into the music...

loved the setlist and the absolute highlight for me was 'invisible light', wish i was still there dancing to it...

ANYWAYS, the Oakland show was fun! We ended up on the barricade. 1st a little to the left but then ended up smack dab in the middle. Casey Spooner was hilarious and amazing, i bought his cd afterwards.

The band were great! Jake looked so cool when he came out with his jacket and sunglasses. :mf_rosetinted:Ana is amazing, i wanna be her. She was also talking so much love to Oakland and SF. BabyDaddy looks so bored the whole time. haha

i'm glad you had a good time!

funny, you liked ana, i never really cared for her much...

i thought she talked way too much (would have rather listened to jake talking more :mf_rosetinted:) and didn't like her robotic moves... but, wow, she really looks great now, and i liked her little routine for skin the cat...:naughty:

i didn't get to meet them after, my friend wasn't the persistent type :naughty: and wanted to get home, also i wouldn't really have known where to catch them at...

anyways, i had a great time, and hope it won't be another 4 years before i see them again!

thanks, yes, it was sunday. was of course amazing, even though i caught myself reminiscing about seeing mika last time i was at that venue...:teehee:

the show itself - i found it a little sad that it's getting too choreographed, as if it needed to distract from the music... same with all that sexuality jake is throwing at you :aah:, i don't think that much is really necessary if you know what i mean... the music alone is great...

hehe yea, i had some mika flashbacks while waiting for the show to start.

The barricade seemed closer on Sunday then it was at Mika. I dont remember Mika being as close as Jake was...cuz i would have died if that was the case. :naughty:

I was kinda bummed out i didn't have a camera once they came out :huh: but got over it once i got more into the show.

And yea, i totally get you about it being a bit too choreographed. It felt a bit awkward and took me a while to feel like i was at a show and not a movie.

• 2 months later...
http://img225.imageshack.us/i/15415513403763998541611.jpg/

aaaaawww, mika and the scissor sisters are hanging out in south america right now! :blush-anim-cl:

would love to hear something about the SS from somebody who was there...

or maybe we'll find more funny pics...:teehee:

I wish they'd sing live together! That would be :mf_lustslow:

I love Scissor Sisters new album so much! Hearing Mika singing with them would be a dream! He said he's a big fan of Scissor Sisters himself...all we have is the pic so far!:teehee:

They play in the same Festival that Mika does on 19th November :biggrin2:

i`m so f*cking happy

Their new album is fantastic!

Agreed. :thumb_yello: Especially I love the cover of the album.:naughty:

http://img225.imageshack.us/i/15415513403763998541611.jpg/

aaaaawww, mika and the scissor sisters are hanging out in south america right now! :blush-anim-cl:

would love to hear something about the SS from somebody who was there...

or maybe we'll find more funny pics...:teehee:

This pic is absolutely horrible.:aah: I thought first it was some of Mika's crazy fans and not Jake Sheers. :lmfao:

aww... well - the eyes are kinda funny - but I kinda like it :naughty: and somebody has decided to wax :roftl:

Anyways... a bunch of new US tour dates were announced this week!! Some headlining... and a few more with Gaga :thumb_yello:

http://www.scissorsisters.com/news/n-american-headline-shows-and-extra-gaga-dates-announced

We’re pleased to report that Scissor Sisters will join Lady Gaga on seven additional dates on the early 2011 run of her Monster Ball World Tour. The band will now open on a total of 24 dates, beginning with the February 19th show at Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, NJ and including shows at New York City’s Madison Square Garden Arena (February 21st & 22nd), Los Angeles’ Staples Center (March 28th) and Honda Center in Anaheim (March 31st).

While on the road with Lady Gaga, Scissor Sisters will also play a series of 11 headlining dates. See below for a complete itinerary. All dates are supporting Lady Gaga EXCEPT those with an *. Dates with an * are Scissor Sisters headlining dates.

Date City/State/Province Venue On Sale Date

*2/18 Montclair, NJ Wellmont Theatre 11/19, 12:00 PM tickets

2/19 Atlantic City, NJ Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall on sale now

2/21 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Arena on sale now

2/22 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Arena on sale now

2/24 Washington, DC Verizon Center on sale now

2/26 Pittsburgh, PA Consol Energy Center on sale now

*2/27 Royal Oak, MI Royal Oak Music 11/19, 5:00 PM tickets

2/28 Chicago, IL United Center on sale now

3/1 Grand Rapids, MI Van Andel Arena on sale now

3/3 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre on sale now

3/4 Buffalo, NY HSBC Arena on sale now

3/6 Ottawa, ON Scotiabank Place on sale now

*3/7 Washington, DC 9:30 Club 11/19, 10:00 AM tickets

3/8 Boston, MA TD Banknorth Garden on sale now

3/10 Columbus, OH Schottenstein Center on sale now

*3/11 Columbia, MO Blue Note 11/19, 12:00 PM tickets

3/12 Louisville, KY KFC Yum! Center on sale now

3/14 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center on sale now

3/15 San Antonio, TX AT&T Center on sale now

*3/16 Tulsa, OK Cain’s Ballroom 11/19 tickets

3/17 Omaha, NE Qwest Center Omaha on sale now

3/19 Salt Lake City, UT Energy Solutions Arena on sale now

*3/20 Denver, CO Ogden Theatre 11/20, 10:00 AM tickets

3/22 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena on sale now

3/23 Sacramento, CA ARCO Arena on sale now

3/25 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Garden Arena on sale now

3/26 Phoenix, AZ US Airways Center on sale now

3/28 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center on sale now

3/29 San Diego, CA Viejas Arena/San Diego State Univ. on sale now

3/31 Anaheim, CA Honda Center on sale now

*4/3 Austin, TX Stubbs Bar-B-Q 11/19, 10:00 AM tickets

*4/4 Houston, TX Warehouse Live 11/19, 12:00 PM tickets

*4/5 New Orleans, LA House of Blues 11/20, 10:00 AM tickets

*4/7 Orlando, FL Hard Rock Live 11/19, 10:00 AM tickets

*4/8 Atlanta, GA The Tabernacle 11/19, 10:00 AM tickets

:biggrin2::biggrin2:

another pic from the chile thread (and i still haven't learned how to post the whole thing, sorry)

http://twitpic.com/37x2wi

aww... well - the eyes are kinda funny - but I kinda like it :naughty: and somebody has decided to wax :roftl:

Anyways... a bunch of new US tour dates were announced this week!! Some headlining... and a few more with Gaga :thumb_yello:

do you get to see them without gaga another time? i don't :no:

and i won't pay for gaga :shun: i just don't think the SS will be on for very long before she comes out...

I know what you mean - the Gaga prices are exhorbitant!! :shocked::shocked: But I can't let Jake come to DC without seeing him - so I'm seeing them with Gaga Closing... It will of course be an abbreviated set list - but it's my hometown - It would be rude not to go :blush-anim-cl:

Now I get to go to their own show at the 930 Club :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Probably will do Atlanta and Montclair NJ shows too - the first and last - plus they are not too terribly far. Can drive to NJ... and cheap flight to Hotlanta - I'm thrilled that there are new dates - a shame that there aren't any close for you :sorry:

Edited by prussell716
upon return and reading - it was a grammatical nightmare lol

I know what you mean - the Gaga prices are exhorbitant!! :shocked: But I can't let Jake come to DC without seeing him - so I'm seeing them with Gaga Closing... It will of course be an abbreviated set list - but it's my hometown - It would be rude not to go :blush-anim-cl:

Now I get to go to their own show at the 930 Club :biggrin2:

Probably will do Atlanta and Montclair NJ shows too - the first and last - plus they are not too terribly far. Can drive to NJ... and cheap flight to Hotlanta - I'm thrilled that there are new dates - a shame that there aren't any close for you :sorry:

wow, lucky you, you've got quite a season ahead of you (not to forget the two in december...:sneaky2:) :thumb_yello:

hope we will be hearing about it all here! :wink2:

I JUST GOT TWEETED BY JAKE SHEARS!!!:wub2:

:shocked:

:teehee:

:naughty:

:thumb_yello:

Hi :biggrin2: I think I've been called :mf_rosetinted: I am uploading a vid of Any which way live in Argentina :wub2:

I must tell you that they were supposed to be the main show that day, but actually most of the people were there cause of Mika and left aftter his show. I even made it throw all the field to get to my place in front of the stage while they were playing. It was my first ss show, in fact I've never seen one of their shows not even on youtube. Actually I knew they existed and liked them, but didn't listen to them untill I knew I was gonna see them. I watched them all alone and sing and jump and dance and scream and cry, that all cause of Mika of course :naughty: There were some people staring at me cause I really looked crazy on my own like that :roftl: The show was very sexual, as I guess always is. They left and came back a while after and as someone came to the stage and taking things with him I thought it had finished and came back running and watched it from further. At the end he was just wearing something that only covered his dick, if you are interested you should look for pics :naughty: I didn't took pics, I don't really like it during a show, Mika's was totally different :wub2: They thanked after every single song. They played Take your mamma out, unconfortably numb, any which way, tits on the radio, don't remember if laura or mary, don't feel like dancing and I don't remember anymore :teehee:

It's still processing will be ready in a min :wink2:

Hi :biggrin2: I think I've been called :mf_rosetinted: I am uploading a vid of Any which way live in Argentina :wub2:

I must tell you that they were supposed to be the main show that day, but actually most of the people were there cause of Mika and left aftter his show. I even made it throw all the field to get to my place in front of the stage while they were playing. It was my first ss show, in fact I've never seen one of their shows not even on youtube. Actually I knew they existed and liked them, but didn't listen to them untill I knew I was gonna see them. I watched them all alone and sing and jump and dance and scream and cry, that all cause of Mika of course :naughty: There were some people staring at me cause I really looked crazy on my own like that :roftl: The show was very sexual, as I guess always is. They left and came back a while after and as someone came to the stage and taking things with him I thought it had finished and came back running and watched it from further. At the end he was just wearing something that only covered his dick, if you are interested you should look for pics :naughty: I didn't took pics, I don't really like it during a show, Mika's was totally different :wub2: They thanked after every single song. They played Take your mamma out, unconfortably numb, any which way, tits on the radio, don't remember if laura or mary, don't feel like dancing and I don't remember anymore :teehee:

It's still processing will be ready in a min :wink2:

thank you so much for reporting and for your video!!! :biggrin2:

yes, their show is very different from mika's but, if you don't compare, good in its own way... :teehee:

i hope you enjoyed them!

they definitely make good music, too (which i focused on when i last saw them because i too thought that the show was a little bit too 'staged'). i love the new album and listen to it a lot. :wink2:

thank you so much for reporting and for your video!!! :biggrin2:

yes, their show is very different from mika's but, if you don't compare, good in its own way... :teehee:

i hope you enjoyed them!

they definitely make good music, too (which i focused on when i last saw them because i too thought that the show was a little bit too 'staged'). i love the new album and listen to it a lot. :wink2:

Yes! Their show was great and I really enjoyed it :wink2: I think that if they come next time alone I will deff feel it different :naughty: But I will like it :thumb_yello:

You're welcome :thumb_yello:

Btw: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=42580&id=151637308197499

And:

76756_173253706035859_151637308197499_490308_1006279_n.jpg

Don't you love the way it says that they have to leave stage?? :roftl:

Yes! Their show was great and I really enjoyed it :wink2: I think that if they come next time alone I will deff feel it different :naughty: But I will like it :thumb_yello:

You're welcome :thumb_yello:

Btw: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=42580&id=151637308197499

And:

76756_173253706035859_151637308197499_490308_1006279_n.jpg

Don't you love the way it says that they have to leave stage?? :roftl:

:roftl: yes i do! too funny.

looks like a full set! for me the highlight was invisible light, i love dancing to electronic music... :blush-anim-cl:

thanks for the pics, these are new stage outfits on jake (i saw him in september), looks like it gets hot in there, no wonder he had it half off while talking to mika backstage...:teehee:

:roftl: yes i do! too funny.

looks like a full set! for me the highlight was invisible light, i love dancing to electronic music... :blush-anim-cl:

thanks for the pics, these are new stage outfits on jake (i saw him in september), looks like it gets hot in there, no wonder he had it half off while talking to mika backstage...:teehee:

When that song started I was like OMG that song is looong :naughty: I remember I did the same one day at a disco :naughty: But you don't really notice, it's cool :thumb_yello:

It gets hot here! It's really humid, I am surprised Mika didn't end up shirtless :teehee: It was really hot, it's spring :biggrin2:

Wow - those are great pictures :thumb_yello::thumb_yello: Thanks for sharing (and the video too... I had to do some searching for more jock strap shots -:roftl:) Liking the outfit... and wow - Jake's hair is REALLY short! He wears it well :biggrin2:

And I kinda have to agree about Invisible Light... think it's my favorite track from the CD... although on this tour - live - my fave is Harder You Get... Jake's antics make my knees wobble... I'm surprised it's not on the set list. Maybe it's a little too sexual for a festival audience? Anyways - still a great group of songs!! Can't wait to see them again :thumb_yello:

Woooow, I didn't know about the existence of this thread! Cooool!

I started listening to Scissor Sisters... eeeehm... three months ago, I think. It all started when *Get ready for a boring but not too long story* I learnt that Mika was coming to Argentina on November, and he was going to play in a Festival with other bands, like Scissor Sisters. I know it sounds horrible, but I said to myself "Well, if I'm going to a festival, I should know, at least, 2 bands", so I decided to download 'Night Work' to see what Scissor Sisters was about... I mean, I knew many songs from 'Ta-Dah', but I didn't know any of the new album.

When the CD ended, I was like "OMG, it's amazing! :shocked:" and I played it many times as my batteries resisted! :aah:

Well, that was my story about "How I met Scissor Sisters"... I know it's not the best, but it's the truth!

And, of course, when I saw them live, I completely fell in love with them... Jake himself is a show! Seeing him is amazing, his movements, his eyes (Gosh, he looked at me three times! :shocked:), and his booooody :drool:; and Ana is not only a great singer... Her voice tone is super sweet and fantastic... She's also inexplicably "sex addict" :naughty:, which I really loved! Both of them are very funny!

Okay, I'm leaving, cause this is too much, and I don't want to bore you.

Bye people! :biggrin2: