The SCISSOR SISTERS thread

englishrose

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have just this week bumped their Myspace page, and it looks good:wink2:

I love them .... :wub2: The only reason I'm here is because of the Scissor Sisters ..... a work colleague told me to check him out cos' he thought they were similarish ..... it went downhill from there :lmfao:

He got me into Shiny Toy Guns as well :wub2:

i miss SS. :( They need new music...

I heard they were working on something new, but that might just be a rumor :wink2:

whohooo

i didn`t know there was a SS thread :naughty:

i loove themmm!

i discovered them when a friend told me about a couple of songs with my name.. Mary and Laura :naughty:

my name is Maria Laura lol

I just bumped into it myself cause if there wasn't one I was gonna start one myself :naughty:

And those are two amazing songs :thumb_yello:

• 1 year later...

phew, finally found this thread, i knew there had to be one...:teehee:

i'm catching up on gig threads and was happy to see that most people who saw SS at werchter liked them! :thumb_yello:

i've seen them once, and it was great, definitely something else! :naughty:

just got the new album, and i will see them in september!!!:biggrin2::biggrin2:

will bring my glasses this time...:mf_rosetinted:

oh, I'm only discovering now that there's a Scissor sisters thred in here :teehee:

I'll post my pix and video from Werchter tonight :thumb_yello:

(btw, I Loved their performance!!! I've been waiting to see them live for such a long time! :wub2:)

(btw, I Loved their performance!!! I've been waiting to see them live for such a long time! :wub2:)

i've known them for a long time, saw them 4 years ago...:teehee:

they kind of paved the way for mika for me...:naughty: because before them, i couldn't stand falsetto!!! (a la bee gees)

i used to think it was the most unsexy way for a man to sing!

(still don't like bee gees falsetto :mf_rosetinted:)

Rose ... you don't live anywhere near Bournemouth :lmfao:

It's not that far, about an hour and a half drive.

And it is ON!:wub2:

My niece has got me a ticket for my birthday, I'm going with her and her friend.:biggrin2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm kinda partial to Invisible Light myself :thumb_yello:

I'm recovering from a week of a few shows this week - went to the Atlanta show last Saturday.. DC Monday... and Philly Friday :thumb_yello: Their shows are better than ever - just amazing.

Atlanta was the kickoff of the US leg of their tour... in a sold-out general admission venue. I've never seen such a frenzied crowd for a show - they have a personal trainer for the tour - and it shows! Jake is buff (they all look great) He's non-stop dancing and gyrating... all over the place. The clearly loved the crowd reaction - Jake crowd surfed after Filthy Gorgeous - jumped right out over top of me :biggrin2: I haven't seen him do that before!

DC was a seated venue - so a little strange - but pretty much the whole place was on their feet the whole evening.

If they are appearing anywhere near you - HIGHLY recommend seeing the show - it's like no other -- it is rather adult-oriented though - don't recommend bringing children - :naughty: Jake has a tendency to ... ummm... show off shall we say. He's always stripped of his pants by Ana during Filthy Gorgeous --- and the outfit in Philly was pretty much a bunch of strings with a clear mesh that pretty much was just like winding some dental floss around himself lol.

The set list was pretty much the same for all the shows...

Nightwork

Laura

Any Which Way

She's My Man

Something Like This

Whole New Way

Tits

Harder You Get

Running Out

Take Your Momma

Kiss You Off

IDFLD

Skin Tight

Skin This Cat

Fire with Fire

McCartney

Night Life

Encore

Comfortably Numb

Invisible Light

Filthy Gorgeous

If you go - do try to say hi to them afterwards -- they are an incredibly nice group of people - all of them very personable - and very willing to sign/do pictures etc.

Vids didn't turn out for me - the audio is terribly garbled when it's so loud... I have pix... but not sure how to post... I may post a few if I can figure it out.