The SCISSOR SISTERS thread

englishrose

If they are appearing anywhere near you - HIGHLY recommend seeing the show - it's like no other -- it is rather adult-oriented though - don't recommend bringing children - :naughty: Jake has a tendency to ... ummm... show off shall we say. He's always stripped of his pants by Ana during Filthy Gorgeous --- and the outfit in Philly was pretty much a bunch of strings with a clear mesh that pretty much was just like winding some dental floss around himself lol.

wow, that sounds great!!! :biggrin2:

glad you had such a great time! :thumb_yello:

i know, i can't even listen to their songs with the kids in the car...

when i went four years ago, i had gone to the back when the encore came on which i very much regretted not having my glasses...:naughty:

definitely will try to SEE it all this time! :mf_rosetinted:

they did filthy gorgeous during the encore, too, then, and even had some kind of sparsely dressed acrobats come on... great fun!

thanks for the set list! no 'don't feel like dancing'? my new favorite song is 'whole new way', can't wait! :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, that sounds great!!! :biggrin2:

glad you had such a great time! :thumb_yello:

i know, i can't even listen to their songs with the kids in the car...

when i went four years ago, i had gone to the back when the encore came on which i very much regretted not having my glasses...:naughty:

definitely will try to SEE it all this time! :mf_rosetinted:

they did filthy gorgeous during the encore, too, then, and even had some kind of sparsely dressed acrobats come on... great fun!

thanks for the set list! no 'don't feel like dancing'? my new favorite song is 'whole new way', can't wait! :blush-anim-cl:

"Whole new way" is great too!:naughty:

^that was my fave the 1st week i bought the new cd. Right now my fave is "Something Like This". I am so excited to see it.:biggrin2:

it'll be weird to be at the Fox again though. The last time i was there was for Mika. i'll probably fall into some sort of weird mika-depression for a few minutes haha :naughty:

^that was my fave the 1st week i bought the new cd. Right now my fave is "Something Like This". I am so excited to see it.:biggrin2:

it'll be weird to be at the Fox again though. The last time i was there was for Mika. i'll probably fall into some sort of weird mika-depression for a few minutes haha :naughty:

i know, me too!!! :aah:

i've been avoiding it so far...:roftl:

but the SS are gonna make us forget about mika pretty quick! :naughty:

Yea, im sure they will! :biggrin2:

Eep, its gonna be so awesome to see them in person!

Sorry, 1st timer here. :blush-anim-cl: I became a fan seriously the week after they did the warfield shows in '06. haha fail! :aah:

Oh and do fans start lining up early? All my group are all willing to get there really early if we need to. I already got the whole day off.

Yea, im sure they will! :biggrin2:

Eep, its gonna be so awesome to see them in person!

Sorry, 1st timer here. :blush-anim-cl: I became a fan seriously the week after they did the warfield shows in '06. haha fail! :aah:

Oh and do fans start lining up early? All my group are all willing to get there really early if we need to. I already got the whole day off.

yeah i was at the warfield :biggrin2:

unfortunately, i didn't get there early, and i do remember that the crowd was pretty pushy. lots of europeans (american audiences are usually more relaxed and leave more space between people).

so if you want to be up front, you may want to get there earlyish (afternoon sometime?)...

i know i won't make it there before evening :emot-sad: but i will try to get as close as i can (so much for the eye...:naughty:).

good luck!

couple quick things :wink2:

First - they do I Don't Feel Like Dancin' - I abbreviated it in the set list (IDFLD) - my bad. Jake actually climbed up into the balcony and sang a chorus hanging from the ledge in DC and Philly...

Second - 2 of the shows I went to last week were general admission - and I like my specific spot - so I got in line pretty early... it's hard to say - think it's different from place to place... in Atlanta - doors opened at 8... the line started to form a little after 4 - but really didn't have more than like 10 people until like 530 or so... Philly was a little later... doors opened at 730... and there were really just a handful of people until like 630 or so - and in Philly - the floor was pretty open until the Sisters came on. (Sammy Jo will DJ for about an hour... Casey Spooner comes on for about 1/2 hour... Sammy Jo another 1/2 hour DJ... then they'll come on). It's a wait - but well worth it :thumb_yello:

couple quick things :wink2:

First - they do I Don't Feel Like Dancin' - I abbreviated it in the set list (IDFLD) - my bad. Jake actually climbed up into the balcony and sang a chorus hanging from the ledge in DC and Philly...

Second - 2 of the shows I went to last week were general admission - and I like my specific spot - so I got in line pretty early... it's hard to say - think it's different from place to place... in Atlanta - doors opened at 8... the line started to form a little after 4 - but really didn't have more than like 10 people until like 530 or so... Philly was a little later... doors opened at 730... and there were really just a handful of people until like 630 or so - and in Philly - the floor was pretty open until the Sisters came on. (Sammy Jo will DJ for about an hour... Casey Spooner comes on for about 1/2 hour... Sammy Jo another 1/2 hour DJ... then they'll come on). It's a wait - but well worth it :thumb_yello:

Oooh, Sammy Jo is DJing with them again!

I hope they bring him back to th UK with them, he did a fantastic set at their Wembley show.

I'm kinda partial to Invisible Light myself :thumb_yello:

I'm recovering from a week of a few shows this week - went to the Atlanta show last Saturday.. DC Monday... and Philly Friday :thumb_yello: Their shows are better than ever - just amazing.

Atlanta was the kickoff of the US leg of their tour... in a sold-out general admission venue. I've never seen such a frenzied crowd for a show - they have a personal trainer for the tour - and it shows! Jake is buff (they all look great) He's non-stop dancing and gyrating... all over the place. The clearly loved the crowd reaction - Jake crowd surfed after Filthy Gorgeous - jumped right out over top of me :biggrin2: I haven't seen him do that before!

DC was a seated venue - so a little strange - but pretty much the whole place was on their feet the whole evening.

If they are appearing anywhere near you - HIGHLY recommend seeing the show - it's like no other -- it is rather adult-oriented though - don't recommend bringing children - :naughty: Jake has a tendency to ... ummm... show off shall we say. He's always stripped of his pants by Ana during Filthy Gorgeous --- and the outfit in Philly was pretty much a bunch of strings with a clear mesh that pretty much was just like winding some dental floss around himself lol.

The set list was pretty much the same for all the shows...

Nightwork

Laura

Any Which Way

She's My Man

Something Like This

Whole New Way

Tits

Harder You Get

Running Out

Take Your Momma

Kiss You Off

IDFLD

Skin Tight

Skin This Cat

Fire with Fire

McCartney

Night Life

Encore

Comfortably Numb

Invisible Light

Filthy Gorgeous

If you go - do try to say hi to them afterwards -- they are an incredibly nice group of people - all of them very personable - and very willing to sign/do pictures etc.

Vids didn't turn out for me - the audio is terribly garbled when it's so loud... I have pix... but not sure how to post... I may post a few if I can figure it out.

I would love for my niece to meet Jake, she loves him to bits, but she's a bit shy about meeting people like that, that she likes a lot.

Thankfully Bournemouth has a good spot for M&Gs (the best Mika M&G before Cattolica, was there), so I'll try and coax her into going to meet the band, as I'd love to chat to BabyDaddy.

only 4 more days...:biggrin2:

:woot_jump:

:pbjt::groovy:

wooo! 3 days! i have no idea what to WEAR! :aah:

And are they doing the whole US Monster Ball next year?

Because then im gonna need to go! Semi Precious Weapons and Scissor Sisters the same night? That's just too amazing. I mean I like Gaga but im not a fan enough to go for her alone. :huh:

wooo! 3 days! i have no idea what to WEAR! :aah:

And are they doing the whole US Monster Ball next year?

Because then im gonna need to go! Semi Precious Weapons and Scissor Sisters the same night? That's just too amazing. I mean I like Gaga but im not a fan enough to go for her alone. :huh:

Excellent - so we have 2 going to the Oakland show :thumb_yello: You and koolj5 will have a blast - hope to hear about it :biggrin2:

And the reports I've read say the Sisters start opening (or actually I prefer Perez Hilton's phrase that Gaga will be closing for the Scissor Sisters :wink2:) for the North American tour starting Feb 19th in Atlantic City.

They BETTER be at the DC show - as I have already bought my kinda pricey tix --- and while like you - I like Gaga alright -- wouldn't be going if it wasn't for the opening act :biggrin2:

Excellent - so we have 2 going to the Oakland show :thumb_yello: You and koolj5 will have a blast - hope to hear about it :biggrin2:

And the reports I've read say the Sisters start opening (or actually I prefer Perez Hilton's phrase that Gaga will be closing for the Scissor Sisters :wink2:) for the North American tour starting Feb 19th in Atlantic City.

They BETTER be at the DC show - as I have already bought my kinda pricey tix --- and while like you - I like Gaga alright -- wouldn't be going if it wasn't for the opening act :biggrin2:

:thumb_yello: what a great way to describe it! makes so much more sense...:naughty: