The SCISSOR SISTERS thread

englishrose

I really like that song a lot :wub2:

I can't wait for the rest of the new album :excite:

The vid is a typical Scissor's sisters vid, no my cup of tea, but what I really love is their songs and sound :wub2: so I hope there will be some I really love as in their two previous albums :das:

I don't know if you guys agree with that but there are some I don't care for and some I really love in each of their albums , although in Night Works I really like all of them and can never get enough of some ... :wub2:

I agree. I love al the three previous albums :mikalove:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well I'm a huge fan of the band... and have liked all of their albums :thumb_yello: IMO - their debut was pretty much perfect - much more diverse than the following 2 - absolutely my favorite :wub2: Ta-Dah was hit and miss for me... certainly more 'hit' than miss... with a couple gems (Lights and Paul McCartney :wink2:).. loved Transistor live... but overall not up to the first CD. Night Work - loved it all - a regular dance fest... but a little 'one-note'. Can't wait to hear all of the upcoming CD... I'm hopeful that it will, like the debut CD, be more diverse - as the few that I've heard so far have all been so different! :yay::yay::yay:

Magic Hour tracks (from @scissorsisters twitter)

1. Baby Come Home

2. Keep Your Shoes On

3. Inevitable

4. Only The Horses

5. Year of Living Dangerously

6. Let's Have a Kiki

7. Shady Love

8. San Luis Obispo

9. Self Control

10. Best in Me

11. The Secret Life of Letters

12. Somewhere

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone going to an upcoming Sisters show - get ready - buckle up :thumb_yello: Was at the Bowery Ballroom this Sunday... and it was one of the best - if not the best Scissor Sister show I've seen - the crowd was out of control! We got several new songs from the upcoming CD... and they are very diverse... from rappy Shady Love to... BeeGee-disco-esque Inevitable... to Elton-esque to dance-esque etc. And we got some AMAZING "oldies" (ok - they haven't been around that long... but still - some that I've only heard once live before during their first major tour).

Here was the set list:

Any Which Way

Keep Your Shoes On

Baby Come Home

Skins (yes - OMFG we got Skins!!) :naughty:

Kiss You Off

Inevitable (Chrissi blew the roof off with her backing vocals!)

Take Your Mama

Year of Living Dangerously

Let's Have a Kiki

Comfortably Numb

Invisible Light

Shady Love (Bridget rocked Azalea's part)

Skin this Cat

Mary (just perfectly Gorgeous)

IDFLD

Encore:

Only the Horses

and with Sharon Needles - the finale was MUSIC IS THE VICTIM ... maybe my all-time fave :wub2:

An electric atmosphere - Jake was rocking the falsetto - didn't steer away from it :swoon:

Got to see the band before and after the show - LOVE this venue... they all come to the downstairs bar after the show and chat with everyone. Was a great night - can't wait until they come back in July. If you get the opportunity to see this tour - you won't be disappointed! :thumb_yello:

Anyone going to an upcoming Sisters show - get ready - buckle up :thumb_yello: Was at the Bowery Ballroom this Sunday... and it was one of the best - if not the best Scissor Sister show I've seen - the crowd was out of control! We got several new songs from the upcoming CD... and they are very diverse... from rappy Shady Love to... BeeGee-disco-esque Inevitable... to Elton-esque to dance-esque etc. And we got some AMAZING "oldies" (ok - they haven't been around that long... but still - some that I've only heard once live before during their first major tour).

Here was the set list:

Any Which Way

Keep Your Shoes On

Baby Come Home

Skins (yes - OMFG we got Skins!!) :naughty:

Kiss You Off

Inevitable (Chrissi blew the roof off with her backing vocals!)

Take Your Mama

Year of Living Dangerously

Let's Have a Kiki

Comfortably Numb

Invisible Light

Shady Love (Bridget rocked Azalea's part)

Skin this Cat

Mary (just perfectly Gorgeous)

IDFLD

Encore:

Only the Horses

and with Sharon Needles - the finale was MUSIC IS THE VICTIM ... maybe my all-time fave :wub2:

An electric atmosphere - Jake was rocking the falsetto - didn't steer away from it :swoon:

Got to see the band before and after the show - LOVE this venue... they all come to the downstairs bar after the show and chat with everyone. Was a great night - can't wait until they come back in July. If you get the opportunity to see this tour - you won't be disappointed! :thumb_yello:

Oh! Waiting for the Holland tour dates :wub2:

I can't wait :mikasweat:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...