The SCISSOR SISTERS thread

englishrose

I've liked them for a while, but I just got their album 'Scissor Sisters' and...well, what can I say, I'm in love. :wub2:

ScissorSisters2.jpg

A lot of people have said that Mika sounds similar to them, as well.

So, what about you? Love them? Hate them? Discuss :biggrin2:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like them a lot!!

I don't think that they sound like Mika, just the falsetto thing like Avoca said, but I think that it's an "easy comparison" for people to make, one of those silly stereotypical ones.

In any case I think that they're quite good!

They make feel good music and they are a good show to watch:wub2: . Plus I love Jake's dancing!! He moves really well.

Love them the little I’ve heard!:wub2:

How many albums do they have?

Can someone give me the names of their albums?:thumb_yello:

Please?

hi i've got 2 albums, one is just called Scissor Sisters & the other is called Ta-Dah!:thumb_yello:

i like them they have a good feel good factor :thumb_yello:

saw them live in 2006 they were good but not as good as Mika:wink2:

I don't think Mika sounds like them very much either, but the hook at the beginning of SITM is almost exactly the same as the one in Laura....:wink2:

I'd love to see them live! I've heard some great things about their show...

And I love Jake. :mf_lustslow: Too bad he's gay...

hi i've got 2 albums, one is just called Scissor Sisters & the other is called Ta-Dah!:thumb_yello:

Thank you!:thumb_yello:

...runs away to find them for downloading…

And I love Jake. :mf_lustslow: Too bad he's gay...

A lot of really cute guys are…Why????:boxed::crybaby:

Love The Sisters too!:roftl:

Saw them in Glasgow 2 years ago ..they were really great :punk:

I just love Ana Matronic and if i could be a female in pop it would be her!

Can't wait for some more material too.

Hope they tour again soon.

Scissors plus Mika would be awesome!:roftl:

I don't think Mika sounds like them very much either, but the hook at the beginning of SITM is almost exactly the same as the one in Laura....:wink2:

I'd love to see them live! I've heard some great things about their show...

And I love Jake. :mf_lustslow:Too bad he's gay...

I don't see it as a bad thing at all. :blink:

and as for a mika & SS collaboration, I think jake would agree. he seemed to be quite into mika when he met him in glansto :wink2: I cannot blaime him, bless him :naughty:

I completely adore the Scissor Sisters. First time I ever heard of them was before they hit the big time here. They supported Duran Duran at Wembley Arena. One of the rare occasions I've seen someone and thought - Feck These Guys Are Amazing.

Kept a note of the name and bought their album the moment it came out.

Saw them at V Fest in 2004 - Couldn't really see them that well - as the crowd was absolutely enormous for their set. They were really good again though (I stayed for the next band too - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - and got right to the front for their set - as the whole crowd disappeared after SS's set - felt dead sorry for them)

Saw them when they joint headlined V Fest with Franz. Have to say even though obv I'm a huge Franz fan - they blew them off the stage.

They were incredible - best show I've seen them do.

So yep lol - I just quite like them..... understatement

Hi its great to see that you ve made this thread:thumb_yello: , i really like scissors sisters. I saw then in concert last year and they were great, they create such an atmosphere.

Oh and if you love their first album you ll love their second one Ta-Dah.

and as for a mika & SS collaboration, I think jake would agree. he seemed to be quite into mika when he met him in glansto :wink2: I cannot blaime him, bless him :naughty:

Oh that would be sweet , I reckon Jake and Mika would have a ball together!:roftl:

I completely adore the Scissor Sisters. First time I ever heard of them was before they hit the big time here. They supported Duran Duran at Wembley Arena. One of the rare occasions I've seen someone and thought - Feck These Guys Are Amazing.

wow that would have been good ! I was a massive Durani in my day! Saw them just a couple of years back too but not with SS ! That would have been cool!:punk:

Maybe i should start a DD thread!:roftl:

LOVE LOVE Scissor Sisters. Prolly my second fave after MIKA. I bought their first album on a whim because so many people kept telling me MIKA sounded like them (I don't really see the connection) but I LOVED the album. I waited a bit before buying Ta-Dah! and it's pretty much on constant rotation in my CD player...taking turns with LICM of course :naughty:

o i only have ta dah i didnt know they have another album ooo i want it now!

Ta-dah is the second album' date=' first ones just called scissor sisters

[img']http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd206/stephaniedy2k1/Scissoralbum.jpg[/img]

Laura

Take Your Mama

Comfortably Numb

Mary

Filthy/Gorgeous

Really good album and songs!:thumb_yello:

Love The Sisters too!:roftl:

Saw them in Glasgow 2 years ago ..they were really great :punk:

I just love Ana Matronic and if i could be a female in pop it would be her!

Can't wait for some more material too.

Hope they tour again soon.

Scissors plus Mika would be awesome!:roftl:

OMG, that would be amazing! I'd...die...

No, I didn't mean it in a homophobic way! I'm not homophobic at all...I meant it like, too bad he doesn't like girls cause I like him. :naughty:

Kept a note of the name and bought their album the moment it came out.

Saw them at V Fest in 2004 - Couldn't really see them that well - as the crowd was absolutely enormous for their set. They were really good again though (I stayed for the next band too - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - and got right to the front for their set - as the whole crowd disappeared after SS's set - felt dead sorry for them)

Saw them when they joint headlined V Fest with Franz. Have to say even though obv I'm a huge Franz fan - they blew them off the stage.

They were incredible - best show I've seen them do.

Ooh wow, they sound fantastic, I can't wait for their next tour...