Mika goes to India!

babspanky

I think he will be too uneasy about going back there after this happened a few years ago :naughty:

I'm not very good at hunting things down online so this blog has moved so the link wouldn't work (you know...I always thought his brother was YOUNGER than him :newyear: lol).

Actually, we were talking about this in the apples thread earlier, and before I saw the article, we thought it was about the Indian Mika.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika

Mika started yoga at aged 21 with Baptiste Marceau, one of France's foremost Astanga teachers, who was later to become a good friend and mentor.

Mika was a musician at that time, though yoga had such a pull for him that he left Paris a year and a half later to concentrate on teaching.

Many people were asking for private classes, so he started to travel the world, from New York to Israel to give classes!

In 2002 he met a swami in India who offered to teach him tantric yoga. For the next 3 years he travelled between Paris and Rishikesh in India. For the last 2 years Mika has been teaching classes in Paris and continuing with his private classes.

http://www.ulpotha.com/ourcalendar.asp

HEHEHE He's a busy man isn't he HHAHAHAHAA !

HAHA,

We are conspiring to see who will belly dance at mika's future gig... I've got the credentials:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

I've got big hips and have been dancing since I was 4, I think I've got potential :naughty:

Mika

Mika started yoga at aged 21 with Baptiste Marceau, one of France's foremost Astanga teachers, who was later to become a good friend and mentor.

Mika was a musician at that time, though yoga had such a pull for him that he left Paris a year and a half later to concentrate on teaching.

Many people were asking for private classes, so he started to travel the world, from New York to Israel to give classes!

In 2002 he met a swami in India who offered to teach him tantric yoga. For the next 3 years he travelled between Paris and Rishikesh in India. For the last 2 years Mika has been teaching classes in Paris and continuing with his private classes.

HEHEHE He's a busy man isn't he HHAHAHAHAA !

I wouldn't mind those private lessons! Mika can put me in any position he likes LOL!

He went to India rather than V fest :blink: EDIT:::: V FESTIVAL IN AUSTRALIA!!!

Isn't somewhere around end of March/start of April the beginning of the Hindu new year? :newyear:

He went to India rather than V fest :blink:

Isn't somewhere around end of March/start of April the beginning of the Hindu new year? :newyear:

I know. We already suspected his "recording commitments" excuse was bollocks after he said that he's in no hurry to finish the second album, now the report that he's in India is the nail in the coffin. :sneaky2:

heh heh is this the 1st of the April fool jokes :naughty::naughty:

well I cant find anything about this online so therefore its an April Fools joke :naughty::naughty: I can find the paper but not that article. (I aint buying it just yet guys):naughty:

I agree this is very sus. I'm all for April Fool's....and a very well done one...

He took a connecting flight on Monday??

And it is in the press Monday night?

It must have been LAST Monday. And Perezerr's news of Mika's haircut was sent to ohwowitsnicka on March 23rd that is SUNDAY. So that means he cut his hair before he went??

And if he was in India last week and Perez knew, wouldn't he have mentioned the YOGIC FLYING???:naughty:

I know. We already suspected his "recording commitments" excuse was bollocks after he said that he's in no hurry to finish the second album, now the report that he's in India is the nail in the coffin. :sneaky2:

Was that the official statement? - "Recording commitments"

I thought it was just some vague thing about working on the album.

I's in August Hun

x

http://www.vfestival.com/

No, he cancelled V Festival in Australia which is this week.

http://vfestival.com.au/site/news.aspx?id=3

"MIKA has advised V Festival Australia that he will unfortunately be unable to perform at the V Festival in Australia due to conflicts that have recently arisen with the production schedule for the recording of his follow-up album.

In an effort to create the best album possible for fans, MIKA will need additional time to record in London.

He extends many apologies to anyone who has purchased tickets for the inconvenience and disappointment this cancellation may cause."

Instead he's in India, yogic flying. :mf_rosetinted:

I agree this is very sus. I'm all for April Fool's....and a very well done one...

He took a connecting flight on Monday??

And it is in the press Monday night?

It must have been LAST Monday. And Perezerr's news of Mika's haircut was sent to ohwowitsnicka on March 23rd that is SUNDAY. So that means he cut his hair before he went??

And if he was in India last week and Perez knew, wouldn't he have mentioned the YOGIC FLYING???:naughty:

it's not april 1st yet here....

but honestly, i can't believe this. He has contracts to meet, even if he wont rush the album. and India, while it is wonderful culturally and is enlightening and great, it's not the cleanest place to say the least. and the article of him teaching yoga isn't him, but i think that paper is fake too, i'll believe it when i see it:mf_rosetinted: :shocked:

Hmmmmmm....for some reason this is exciting me!

there is something special going on here.

It is exciting, if it's true.

This is very interesting, thanks Babs.

I did read somewhere that Mika likes Indian food, his favourite being a rice dish called olor pilaf. Anyone else remember reading this??? I'm SURE I read it somewhere. Not that he needed to go to India to get it, but I suppose he'll get a good one there as opposed to some rubbishy Londonified version. Someone please tell me I didn't imagine him saying that.

He should come to the Curry Mile in Manchester, it's the best!

Oh, I just had Indian food for the first time this past weekend. I was at a three-day yoga workshop. I don't remember the names of everything, but I tried a little bit of each dish, so I could have had olor pilaf and not known it! :naughty:

well I cant find anything about this online so therefore its an April Fools joke I can find the paper but not that article. (I aint buying it just yet guys)

I honestly don't know what to believe! But it would be cool if he did yoga, since I've been doing it for almost 13 years now.

unfortunately i think it's not:thumbdown:

you know that famous quote "the more i see of humans the more I admire dogs"...well, that's how i feel right now...

i've been looking around the net for some info, i do practize some kind of hindouist methods myself and i wanted to know more about mika's retreat since i found this amazing etc.etc. ayway i found this blog...i'm not sure if i understand correctly, if those people are paparazzi or fans but anyway (god knows how) they knew about mika's indian travel and they reserved a place in the same^place of pilgrimage... i waont post the name of the blog or anything because they have a lot of stolen pics of more or less good quality and this is to me a total violation of privacy...perfect piece of trash blog, those people are mad anyway, here is the the picture who is to my opinion the less private, because it's outside and you can see other people, he is busy practising......i just hope (i'm naive) that no one will find their stupid blog) and that those pics wont be in the mirror or anywhere else...poor mika:thumbdown:

15nafer.jpg

Hmmm...*looks at picture*...are you sure that's him? I'm assuming you've seen the other pics on the blog. Is that really Mika? When were they taken? (If recently, note he has hair.) :wink2:

Mika

http://www.ulpotha.com/ourcalendar.asp

That website is just mad. That simply cannot be our Mika. If he's into yoga enough to teach it, he would have mentioned it in at least a few interviews!

However, if Mika would like to do yoga to center himself and look for inspiration, I am a certified yoga instructor, and would be delighted to teach him. I'll even fly to London. :mf_rosetinted:

:shocked: Wow! Is he bendy or what!

Whoa! Is that really him? *squints*

So bendy! :mf_lustslow:

No, Mika has said himself that he feels the pressure, and that they want him to start doing it.

Maybe this is his way of getting past the pressure - getting as far away from the hectic world of recording and selling music as he possibly can, at least for a while.

It makes me a bit nervous, though, that the paper seems to have no idea how long he'll be there. I wonder if he'll spend like two or three months there, only coming back when he has to start touring in July.

Ugh, I just had a thought - Mika, don't you dare cancel your July shows! I don't care how "enlightened" you're feeling, you need to get your a*s back to Europe in time for your next tour! :shocked:

it's not april 1st yet here....

but honestly, i can't believe this. He has contracts to meet, even if he wont rush the album. and India, while it is wonderful culturally and is enlightening and great, it's not the cleanest place to say the least. and the article of him teaching yoga isn't him, but i think that paper is fake too, i'll believe it when i see it:mf_rosetinted: :shocked:

Mmm im not feeling entirely convinced that this is completely true either, guess time will tell.:cool: