Mika goes to India!

babspanky

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the sound of Indian music!

I don't think his album will be all Indian sounding music, but I think it's very interesting and am very curious as to what it's going to sound like.

For some reason..I can't really picture him doing yoga and "embracing the Hindu way of life".

Not that it's a bad thing, I just can't see it.

Hmmmmmm....for some reason this is exciting me!

there is something special going on here.

I think this trip will do him alot of good, though. Just wandering around India, soaking up the culture, just RELAXING. He's had such a busy year and now he's got time ON HIS OWN, and I personally think that's what he needed most. Just because he's out in India, I don't think it will necessarily mean that the next album will be influenced by that culture...I find you get more inspiration when you're just left alone with your head. But maybe he'll find a new story or two out there - who knows. Who fancies travelling to India to find out? :mf_rosetinted:

I think it's great too... if it's true, I'm really happy for him. I think that if I'd had the kind of year he's had, this is the kind of thing I'd want to do. Just get away from everyone and everything you're familiar with, isolate yourself and have time alone to think, reconnect with yourself, be peaceful for a little while and let the dust settle.

...all the silks and materials and jewels and sarongs...look out for more gorgeous clothes on MIKA!

I bet he'll do a lot of shopping. The jewellery is right up his alley, and his sisters as well. They'd all look amazing with it.

i COULD AUDITION FOR THAT:mf_lustslow: I BELLY DANCE!

No more Big Girls and Lollipop Girls... 2009 is the year of the Belly Dancer Girls!! :naughty:

I think I have changed my mind about this.

I hope he is having a really lovely creative break in India and comes back with some amazing music for us.

All the yoga and yogic flying must make blood flow to his brain better, and get it all happening. Might need to go do some myself....:wink2:

I love the sound of Indian music!

I don't think his album will be all Indian sounding music, but I think it's very interesting and am very curious as to what it's going to sound like.

For some reason..I can't really picture him doing yoga and "embracing the Hindu way of life".

Not that it's a bad thing, I just can't see it.

JESS :huglove:

Arghhh!!!! Yet another reason to be jealous of that boy! I left India when I was 2 months old, and have been waiting 25 LONG years to one day return to the land of my birth... and he goes there for a little YOGA HOLIDAY???!!!! :badmood:

Mika, next time you make plans to party it up in my precious motherland,

TAKE ME WITH YOU, YOU DOE-EYED FOOL!!!!!

Murphy's Law, right? But that's really cool. Where were you born? (If you don't mind me asking.) I just finished a yoga workshop with Jehangir Palkhivala, and he lives and works in Bombay.

Mika, next time you make plans to party it up in my precious motherland,

TAKE ME WITH YOU, YOU DOE-EYED FOOL!!!!!

Transcendental meditation, yoga, and yogic flying all count as "partying it up"?

Damn - I need to party with you more often! :naughty:

Transcendental meditation, yoga, and yogic flying all count as "partying it up"?

Damn - I need to party with you more often! :naughty:

Hey, compared to working all week, and spending weekends scrubbing the bathroom, doing laundry, and grocery shopping, a little yogic flying sounds like a party to me! Whee!!!!

Suddenly, I'm thinking of those Red Bull commercials....

"Red Bull gives you wings!" :naughty:

Murphy's Law, right? But that's really cool. Where were you born? (If you don't mind me asking.) I just finished a yoga workshop with Jehangir Palkhivala, and he lives and works in Bombay.

I was born in Calcutta, and was adopted when I was 2 months old. I don't know much about yoga, but I do know that when I finally visit India, it will be a very emotional and spiritual experience. Come on Mika, don't you want to see me bawl like a baby? Take me with you, buddy! :thumb_yello:

I was born in Calcutta, and was adopted when I was 2 months old. I don't know much about yoga, but I do know that when I finally visit India, it will be a very emotional and spiritual experience. Come on Mika, don't you want to see me bawl like a baby? Take me with you, buddy! :thumb_yello:

Hey--you should go over there now, bring your jazz band with you, and sing with him! That way your Vanciuver prophecy will come true...and you can visit your homeland at the same time...

"BRITISH POP SINGER RETREATS TO INDIA"

HomeIndiaNow.jpg

WELL~~We're off & running now, aren't we?

PART OF ME HOPES IT'S ALL TRUE:

page_po_india_bazaar_01_0706051720_id_35036.jpg

I'VE GOT IT ALL FIGURED OUT!

MIKA READ THIS IN THE NY TIMES RECENTLY & DECIDED TO GO FOR IT.

http://travel.nytimes.com/2007/03/25/travel/25India.html?pagewanted=print

HE ALSO KNOWS ALL ABOUT FLYING YOGA . . .

http://www.alltm.org/YFlying.html

AND IS DOING IT RIGHT NOW . . .

HERE, AT THIS MONASTERY . . .

namgyal_india_1.jpg

ENJOY IT ALL MIKA . . .

India%20-%20Taj%20Mahal%20at%20dawn.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

india.jpg

WELL~~GOODNIGHT, or GOOD MORNING, WHERE EVER YOU ARE,

(AND WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING) MIKA!

:blink:Is it just me, and my lack of caffeine.. or are you reposting this on every page??

Awww, I hope you make it back sometime soon. (When the time is right, or something like that.)

I want to go to India...but I've heard so much about the pollution and poverty that I'm a little (well, a lot) concerned about going as a foreigner. Plus, hearing Mika and others talk about "Delhi Belly" and how easy it is to get sick there.

But it is so beautiful too, and I would be able to do yoga and study with Jehangir and my teacher at the end of the year...

*sigh* I think for now I'll stick with doing yoga in Michigan...however uneventful Michigan is at the moment. :mf_rosetinted:

I'm just surprised he hasn't mentioned yoga in more interviews. Going to India for a retreat is a really big step for a yoga practitioner. (My yoga teacher's going to India for a few months at the end of this year!) I know Mika mentioned he did yoga in school as part of his singing training, and I've now seen the Mika bendy video on YouTube but still...I feel like we would have heard more.

Still...if it's true and Mika's into yoga, I would love to do a little Partner Yoga with him. :blush-anim-cl:

u didnt watch this?:wink2:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iyfvig7OHO4

i think he doenst want to show in front of ppl, me either, it's stupid and it's not something for show off (??!!) :mf_rosetinted:

i only do that at home / during my yoga class :naughty:

I bet he's 100 times better at yoga than I am. :lmfao:

I'm taking a yoga class right now, yeah not a pretty sight. :roftl: It's super relaxing though. So relaxing I tend to uh sleep for 6 hours after doing it. :naughty: I wish I had the class right now because it makes my back and shoulders feel soooo good. It took about 6 classes though for something to snap and have all the tension leave my shoulders. I wish it would happen again. :wub2:

Btw, I'm with Deb. I do wonder if it's an April fools thing. Maybe maybe not. Any which way, I hope he finds the inspiration that he's looking for. I'm sure he will within time, sometimes it takes going to some place with a change of scenery before it hits you. :)

For months I thought he had said jelly belly, I even googled it at the time to see what exactly it meant, which was to eat too much.

Now if nothing else, I know it was Delhi belly, so if even a joke, all is not lost LOLOLOLOL.

u didnt watch this?:wink2:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iyfvig7OHO4

i think he doenst want to show in front of ppl, me either, it's stupid and it's not something for show off (??!!) :mf_rosetinted:

i only do that at home / during my yoga class :naughty:

Oh yes, I did see that video for the first time today. :mf_lustslow: And yeah, I used to show off doing yoga when I was like...13, 14 years old. My friends would say, "Alissa! Go stand on your head! Do a backbend!" But now it's so personal for me that I'm like...mmm, no thanks. :blink: Mika looks like he's the same way.

Hey--you should go over there now, bring your jazz band with you, and sing with him! That way your Vanciuver prophecy will come true...and you can visit your homeland at the same time...

Good thinking! I knew you were a genius when I first saw you. :wink2:

"BRITISH POP SINGER RETREATS TO INDIA"

HomeIndiaNow.jpg

WELL~~We're off & running now, aren't we?

PART OF ME HOPES IT'S ALL TRUE:

page_po_india_bazaar_01_0706051720_id_35036.jpg

I'VE GOT IT ALL FIGURED OUT!

MIKA READ THIS IN THE NY TIMES RECENTLY & DECIDED TO GO FOR IT.

http://travel.nytimes.com/2007/03/25/travel/25India.html?pagewanted=print

HE ALSO KNOWS ALL ABOUT FLYING YOGA . . .

http://www.alltm.org/YFlying.html

AND IS DOING IT RIGHT NOW . . .

HERE, AT THIS MONASTERY . . .

namgyal_india_1.jpg

ENJOY IT ALL MIKA . . .

india.jpg

WELL~~GOODNIGHT, or GOOD MORNING, WHERESOEVER YOU ARE,

(AND WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING) MIKA!

I thought I was going crazy :naughty:

I really love this pic:

Me too...:shocked:

I am so jealous of him if he's there now. India's such a beautiful place...I've always wanted to visit the Taj Mahal ever since I learned about it in school...

...And if it's an April Fools thing, then...good one:thumb_yello::naughty:.