Mika goes to India!

babspanky

Me too...:shocked:

I am so jealous of him if he's there now. India's such a beautiful place...I've always wanted to visit the Taj Mahal ever since I learned about it in school...

...And if it's an April Fools thing, then...good one:thumb_yello::naughty:.

My step-sister just got back from India, She loved it but said it was hard going at times in the market where you can get chased to buy something.. She doesn't scare easily, but that freaked her out. Otherwise she loved it. I was going to go with her, but I couldn't have handled Delhi-belly.:boxed:

But one day I want to see the seven wonders of the world :blush-anim-cl:

NO, I'm more likely CRAZY than you are crazy! :insane:

THIS "I N D I A" THING IS EXCITING, ISN'T IT?

haha, I think we're all a bit crazy here :naughty:

It is exciting. He really likes to "get inspired"

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thinking! I knew you were a genius when I first saw you. :wink2:

:roftl::blush-anim-cl:

Me too...:shocked:

I am so jealous of him if he's there now. India's such a beautiful place...I've always wanted to visit the Taj Mahal ever since I learned about it in school...

...And if it's an April Fools thing, then...good one.

You learned about the Taj Mahal in school? We NEVER do anything that interesting :sneaky2:

My step-sister just got back from India, She loved it but said it was hard going at times in the market where you can get chased to buy something.. She doesn't scare easily, but that freaked her out. Otherwise she loved it. I was going to go with her, but I couldn't have handled Delhi-belly.:boxed:

But one day I want to see the seven wonders of the world :blush-anim-cl:

Hearing my parents' stories about when they were traveling in India made me want to go and steer clear at the same time...They experienced the taxies, and the Delhi belly...but the photos they took are incredible, and I'm sure they didn't do it justice. There's just so much rich culture...

AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, this makes me so happy being Indian and Hindu!

:wub2: Shahruk and Mika on the same page!

Ugh...kinda jealous I haven't been back in 6 years!

It really is one of the best places in the world! Maybe I'm a little biast but oh well, I love it there!

Arghhh!!!! Yet another reason to be jealous of that boy! I left India when I was 2 months old, and have been waiting 25 LONG years to one day return to the land of my birth... and he goes there for a little YOGA HOLIDAY???!!!! :badmood:

Mika, next time you make plans to party it up in my precious motherland,

TAKE ME WITH YOU, YOU DOE-EYED FOOL!!!!!

(disclaimer: Just Kidding. Have a good time, Mika. :mf_rosetinted: )

That's a longer time than me!!

I want to go so bad, my rents just went for a wedding, but I couldn't go cause I had exams and couldn't skip classes!:mad:

What I would do to go there now!

Mika should've taken both of us...what was he thinking!?

That's a longer time than me!!

I want to go so bad, my rents just went for a wedding, but I couldn't go cause I had exams and couldn't skip classes!:mad:

What I would do to go there now!

Mika should've taken both of us...what was he thinking!?

No joke! He would have had a far more enriching and spiritual journey with the 2 of us along for the ride! He's missing out... :mf_rosetinted:

A newspaper for professionals wouldn't do an April Fools, it'd lose all of its credibility.

Yeah, initially like Scut said, we all thought it must be another Mika, but the article makes it clear it's not... and then why would an Indian newspaper make an April's Fool about Mika? :blink: Doesn't make sense, they hardly know him there.

Which may be why he went there instead of Australia. :bleh: Though apparently he can't escape paparazzi either way. :sneaky2: That's for finding corroboration, btw, Pam.

I still wanna know what yogic flying is too. Imagine how high he will jump on the next tour!

Oh, and I've been to India, and it was lovely, but it was also the most depressing holiday I've ever had. You must realize that along with markets and colorful saris and beautiful architecture, India is full of crippling poverty of the kind hard to imagine here. In Delhi especially, anytime you venture off city center you see people living in cardboard-and-brick huts only big enough to sleep in, and it's the luckier ones who even have roofs over their tiny dwellings. Hungry children run up to you and your tour guides chase them off. :emot-sad: Most tourists act like they don't see the beggars or try to avoid any areas where they'd run into them entirely, and I would get so upset at that. It's like people would go and keep themselves blind to the social conditions that allow them to get their nice cheap pashminas and travel around in style admiring beautiful architecture built on slave labor.

--Jack

A newspaper for professionals wouldn't do an April Fools, it'd lose all of its credibility.

Yeah, initially like Scut said, we all thought it must be another Mika, but the article makes it clear it's not... and then why would an Indian newspaper make an April's Fool about Mika? :blink: Doesn't make sense, they hardly know him there.

Which may be why he went there instead of Australia. :bleh: Though apparently he can't escape paparazzi either way. :sneaky2: That's for finding corroboration, btw, Pam.

I still wanna know what yogic flying is too. Imagine how high he will jump on the next tour!

Oh, and I've been to India, and it was lovely, but it was also the most depressing holiday I've ever had. You must realize that along with markets and colorful saris and beautiful architecture, India is full of crippling poverty of the kind hard to imagine here. In Delhi especially, anytime you venture off city center you see people living in cardboard-and-brick huts only big enough to sleep in, and it's the luckier ones who even have roofs over their tiny dwellings. Hungry children run up to you and your tour guides chase them off. :emot-sad: Most tourists act like they don't see the beggars or try to avoid any areas where they'd run into them entirely, and I would get so upset at that. It's like people would go and keep themselves blind to the social conditions that allow them to get their nice cheap pashminas and travel around in style admiring beautiful architecture built on slave labor.

--Jack

dunnnnnnnno...just thought it has been mentioned smwhr that the newspaper is London-based? - looked across related posts- (assumed its an Indian community newspaper from England...so knowing Mika is not surprising...)...or is it my "diagonal reading" again?....

anyways, I still take it with a "pinch of salt" - even if he did go - prob for the interest, to chill out it a less crazy environement....no "meaning of life search" beatles ways that is...just strip the news off some couple of layers of exaggeration - both from M's side and from the press, and maybe will get smth close to (or at least reflecting) the reality :naughty:

however some "field recordings" - just for incorporation of tunes/voices into album....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh this thread is by far the best news today, it beats the "official" thing by FAR!!

:roftl: :roftl:

Mika in India, doing yoga? I love it!!

Go Mika!:thumb_yello:

Last time he was in India he got Dehli Belly, so he'll probably want to watch what he eats. Especially if the toilets are anything like the Kool Haus. :naughty:

Yes, I can totally imagine Mika cutting the trip short cause the facilities are not of a good enough standard...I wouldn't blame him,really...

[quote name='JackViolet;1328216

]Wonder if the album art for the 2nd album will be Indian-inspired then. That could be really nice.

I'm still amused by the idea of Bollywood Disco. :naughty: And half-wondering if this isn't just a fancy excuse for a tan and a holiday.

There are no recording studios in private yogi retreats after all... :fisch:

I think that it's very likely that his next album will have an indian influence' date=' seeing what he's up to right now...He wanted it to be "Bigger and more fantastic", and what is there more theatrical than these Indian/Bangra/Bollywood productions?[/color']

All colour, vibrancy, movement.....

I can SO see Mika dressed in that Indian gear too, I'm actually visualizing it and it suits him really well.

Picture it!:naughty:

He can do all of that, but what's concerning me is that Perez said in his interview that Mika had cut his hair. At the time, I thought, so what? But reading that article, I am thinking, embracing the Hindu way of life? And you know what kind of haircuts the monks have, don't you?

No! No! NO!

Hmm..I'm not hung up on Mika's hair/curls like many, I don't particularly care for his hair, but I think that the shaved look would make him look a lot older....I don't think he should go for that.

But then again, if he shaves it and then gets a tan on the bald head, that could be nice...It all depends on the shape of his melon.

If he has a good shape--> nice. Bad, irregular shape-> grow it FAST!

Sariflor, what about if he shaves his head then decorates it with Indian holy motifs? :roftl:

I could see him and his family adding Indian touches to their clothing. Some of Yasmine's outfits remind me of Indian fashions already. And almost no one can top fashionable Indian men in flamboyance... except maybe the Japanese and Koreans. Mika will fit right in!

--Jack

He wanted it to be "Bigger and more fantastic", and what is there more theatrical than these Indian/Bangra/Bollywood productions?

All colour, vibrancy, movement.....

Good point.

if he shaves it and then gets a tan on the bald head, that could be nice...It all depends on the shape of his melon.

If he has a good shape--> nice. Bad, irregular shape-> grow it FAST!

:roftl:

i just hope he doesnt go bald..lol.a traveller has better inspiration in music,that's what i think.(i hope he goes to malaysia next,at my EXOTIC backyard perhaps..to find inspiration for his third album :naughty: )

No guys don't worry. Yoga is good for him. He will be fine. Yoga can cure almost everything. he is in the best place at this time. He will be really fine.

seriouslly speaking from an experience. i have been there. and i do yoga as well as meditation. really good for your mind.

He ill be alright !