Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this someone's little friend, or are they just paying homage?

And if so, homage to us or the wiz? :blink:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/member.php?u=10044

Neat-o. :blink: In her introduction thread she says she's "Marie" and she's from Texas. Haven't had an opportunity to get to know her yet. Guess the "Kind & Fine Wiz" theme is becoming a widespread phenomenon.

Hello my dear Apples!

I'm sorry I haven't been on much lately. I' very busy writing my last papers (I actually hope I could manage to almost finish one tonight). In not even two weeks I'll be in Brighton. The more I think about it, the more frightened I get.

Anyway, what I wanted to ask you: I just found out that I won't be able to make it to the Christmas dinner on the 29th and I wanted to ask if we could meet for a little private apple dinner on the 28th?

I hope you're all ok and enjoy the last summer days.

See you :

:ap_rosetinted:

just found out that I won't be able to make it to the Christmas dinner on the 29th and I wanted to ask if we could meet for a little private apple dinner on the 28th?

Hiya! We have been talking about going for Lebanese in West Kensington. Will you be staying overnight in London?

*puts on a face like a pouting child*

Sure wish I could come.... :thumbdown:

Seconded. :sad:

Aww...wish you guys were coming too. :tears:

Hiya! We have been talking about going for Lebanese in West Kensington. Will you be staying overnight in London?

Aww...wish you guys were coming too. :tears:

I could stay overnight. Then I have to start looking for a room. Do you plan to go on Friday? I'd love to join you. Never been to a Lebanese restaurant before.

@Suzy and Twatty: So sorry you couldn't come :thumbdown:

I could stay overnight. Then I have to start looking for a room. Do you plan to go on Friday? I'd love to join you. Never been to a Lebanese restaurant before.

Yes I'm getting in early Thursday. We're just trying to get Kata in early enough on Friday to go for dinner. :biggrin2:

Hiya! We have been talking about going for Lebanese in West Kensington.

another dinner party? :mf_rosetinted:Well I am up for anything... as long as it involves tabouleh (sp?:sneaky2:) and good company that is:yay: :mf_rosetinted:

Is this strictly apples or can a banana come too?:pbjt:

I'll be in London from the 28/11.

Yes I'm getting in early Thursday. We're just trying to get Kata in early enough on Friday to go for dinner. :biggrin2:

I'll see what I can do :mf_rosetinted: Have a job interview thursday (yes again :doh:), will probably know more when I know if I have a job or not :blink:

Is this strictly apples or can a banana come too?:pbjt:

I'll be in London from the 28/11.

Oh I didn't know you were a banana. :roftl: I'm sure we can find a place for you. Are you staying at the Corus? I won't be too far from there I think.

I'll see what I can do :mf_rosetinted: Have a job interview thursday (yes again :doh:), will probably know more when I know if I have a job or not :blink:

Oh good luck with the interview!

Where are you all staying? Can anyone recommend me a nice place?

I rented a flat because it's nicer/much better value for the money. Most of them have a 4-day minimum stay though. :thumbdown:

I think some of the Dutchies are staying at a Travel Lodge in Euston that is fairly inexpensive.

mixed fruit salad is the best :mf_rosetinted: I'm personally very fond of bananas :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello:

Good luck with the interview!:wub2:

Oh I didn't know you were a banana. :roftl: I'm sure we can find a place for you. Are you staying at the Corus? I won't be too far from there I think.

Well I’m too yellow to be an apple so….:wink2:

I didn’t want to seem like a deviant so I decided to stay where everyone else did, Travelodge Covent Garden this time.:thumb_yello:

Oh, I just looked it up. They only seem to have a single room for the 28th for 90 pound. That's quite expensive :thumbdown:.

hello h a e s c h e n

at travelodge single room costs the same price that double room costs

try to find a fan for to share the double room in the party thread :thumb_yello:

or maybe some single fan bocked a double room!

ciao

the hotel i stayed in for 1 night on the 10th was very cheap and quite good for its price : single room 55 pounds via http://www.hotels.com (or 65 if you check with them directly i think). It was in Earl's Court, just in front of a lovely square !! 2 min away from the tube station and 2 mins away from Earl's Court road. I would go back in a second for 1 night maybe 2 if necessary ! Keeping the address in mind...

The Garden View Hotel

29-31 Nevern Square

SW5 9PE

http://www.gardenviewhotel.co.uk/

Don't believe the pictures on the website :roftl: it's not that fancy, but it's honestly ok for 1 night or 2, cleaner than a hostel :thumb_yello:

the photos i took of and from my room... the tv didn't have a remote (or i didn't find it anywhere in the room) but i think i would have asked for one if i had been staying longer :naughty: since it was impossible to change the channel without one :blink: (no button on the tv)... and the shower had some cleaning liquid all over it when i arrived, as if I was supposed to clean it myself :boxed: appart from that, it was totally ok ! and i don't think this is that bad for a short stay...

i forgot : breakfast included : toasts, cereals, butter, jam, coffee, milk, juice, self service, all you can eat :wink2:

IMG_6604.jpg

IMG_6605.jpg

IMG_6606.jpg