MFC - Officialness Update

:blink: Oh i had no idea there was any conflict going on, can't the forums just join together and be one or kinda sister forums at least, maybe it would solve the problem cos they are as much Mika fans as we are.

I'm not sure if I am or was a member of MS cos when I joined MFc and Mika's myspace etc etc it was all such a blur and I had no idea how forums worked so I spent a long while lurking before even posting on MFC but I think my photograph may be on MS on the pic gallery part.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: Oh i had no idea there was any conflict going on, can't the forums just join together and be one or kinda sister forums at least, maybe it would solve the problem cos they are as much Mika fans as we are.

I'm not sure if I am or was a member of MS cos when I joined MFc and Mika's myspace etc etc it was all such a blur and I had no idea how forums worked so I spent a long while lurking before even posting on MFC but I think my photograph may be on MS on the pic gallery part.

I really doubt that us joining up would happen. Having looked at some of the links given in the last couple of days, the people on MSF seem to be hanging out there because they like it better. That is their home, where they feel most comfortable. That's cool for them. I feel like that about the MFC. And I'm happy for us to stay as two separate forums. And whilst it may seem like it's duplication, I think it just serves the different needs of two different groups of people. I'm a member of both but don't go there. I don't need to. I prefer it here. My preference.

When MFC was down I thought it was the perfect occasion to go have a look at MSF.

I tried to register but it ignored me, I didn't even got an answer.

No wonder more ppl feel at home here, when you arrive everyone welcomes you and when you try to apply you're not rejected :roftl:

so i read much on your guyses comments about MSF which i had nvr been too. well i must say it doesnt seem as inviting at all! i found one thread that said 'if you're new read this!" i was like:boxed: thanx for the "Welcome to MIKASOUNDS!!!yay!!" *firework sound effects* :naughty: i guess i'm just more used to the colors here. blue seems so cold..

Me either, that's just weird, to have rivalry about something that is pretty much the same and concerns people who are fans for the same person:boxed:

I didn't know there was rivalry either..

But, part of MFC's "sales pitch" was to compare MFC to MSF and point out it's flaws..

So should we be surprised??

No..

Just my opinion..

I think any flaws on MS are ultimately down to the technical issues. I've tried to register there several times and have never been able to get an account and make a post. I'm not exactly computer illiterate so I'm sure this has happened to many people.

It was natural in the early days that Mika fans were going to make MS their first stop and it should have been a thriving community with everyone on MFC there. But the site has been perpetually broken, along with other things on the MS main site that don't work consistently like the mailing list. I've joined it several times over the past year and a half and have never received an email.

I also tried to join MSF last year. Once before signing up here and once after joining here. I tried for a few months to log in and post also, but never could because I was never activated, :thumbdown: , so I didn't go back after that.

I agree that it should've been the Official place to go, but (unfortunately for MSF and fortunately for MFC) the flaws of MSF sent people here instead.. and IMO, an official fan club comes down to it's user friendliness, accessibility, activity and popularity levels. MFC has these and is more appealing because of it.

I would imagine Mika also likes the idea of the growth of MFC being driven at the grassroots level instead of people being coralled together by a record company. It's proof of things he's been saying in interviews since the beginning of his career. Fans are now in control of what music they want to listen to since they can access it directly via the internet instead of being spoonfed by the corporations and radio stations who didn't think his music was marketable.

I think that's why MFC cropped up in the Beijing interview in that context. Well, that and maybe he was trying to pimp his new website. :naughty:

Funny, for all the talk of them "hating us" "over there" and "talking behind our backs," all I saw there before Caz's post was a discussion of who happens to have an account on MFC, and who posts more on MS.

Meanwhile there are ten pages in this thread alone of people talking about how "special" and "more deserving" MFC is, how much better we are, how we are magnanimous and welcoming, and how MS should stop any complaining about being upstaged (even as I'm sure MFCers would complain 10 times as loudly if Mika hadn't decided to make us official and kept mentioning Mikasounds only in interviews). I think we're the ones who should leave MS alone. We got what we wanted in terms of being legally official--isn't that enough?

--Jack

... there are ten pages in this thread alone of people talking about how "special" and "more deserving" MFC is, how much better we are, how we are magnanimous and welcoming, and how MS should stop any complaining about being upstaged (even as I'm sure MFCers would complain 10 times as loudly if Mika hadn't decided to make us official and kept mentioning Mikasounds only in interviews). I think we're the ones who should leave MS alone. We got what we wanted in terms of being legally official--isn't that enough?

--Jack

:mf_popeanim: Amen! :thumb_yello::punk::mf_rosetinted:

And, of course, it IS!

I just read some of the MS thread over yonder.. which I hadn't done when I posted before.. Still can't log in.. I wish someone would activate my MikaSounds account one of these days.. :doh: might just make a new one.. But, anyway, our Aussie Forum is much like Mikasounds. So, I can understand the appeal for those who stick to MS more..

MFC is very public and loud, where as MS looks more private and intimate..

Better for those that just want to post without a million people reading it..

Activate me, damn it :naughty:

I just read some of the MS thread over yonder.. which I hadn't done when I posted before.. Still can't log in.. I wish someone would activate my MikaSounds account one of these days.. :doh: might just make a new one.. But, anyway, our Aussie Forum is much like Mikasounds. So, I can understand the appeal for those who stick to MS more..

MFC is very public and loud, where as MS looks more private and intimate..

Better for those that just want to post without a million people reading it..

Activate me, damn it :naughty:

It's like someone has already said, horses for courses.

I prefer MFC because it's loud and fast. And gets the news quickly.

I find that MS go off topic much more than we do and threads just end up being answered by the same people with pleasantries rather than actually saying something. If they were amusing it wouldn't be so bad but that's just my opinion, of course.

I am a member there, in fact I think I joined before here, and post occasionally. I know they say they are much more of a cozy community, but I personally don't feel that. It feels cold and empty to me.

A lot early MFCers were early members of MS but have made their choice.

And I have to say, although I think Jack is completely right, I have read some threads/posts over there which have been a little anti MFC. (none of the ones quoted here though).

The main thing is I like it here and mostly stay here, MSounders like it there and they are happy there. No problem unless we make one!

so we are in rivalry with mikasounds? - so we are not official yet then???? - if not that sucks and i am bored with waiting.....

got to go now i think........bye bye.....xx

Q1 No, we're not

Q2 Yes, we are

one year ago i had a very bad experience in mikasounds forum, and it happened because it's not moderated.

me and others were badly insulted after the gig in Milan, and i had never posted there even! i'm registered and active, but i never post.

ppl can post whatever rubbish they want and no one is controlling, far less if ppl write in a different language from english.

i made my choice and i feel this forum is better managed.

better than any italian forum as well.

but any forum has its right to exist, i think.

far from me, anyway! :naughty:

so we are in rivalry with mikasounds? - so we are not official yet then???? - if not that sucks and i am bored with waiting.....

As many of us have posted multiple times -- technically we ARE official, in that

we are now owned by Mika's people. What we are waiting for is an official

pronouncement from someone as to what being official entails... that's all. :)

As for any rivalry between MFC and ANY other Mika fan site -- not just

Mikasaounds, but ANY other site -- that's just silly. We're all Mika fans --

any of "them" could belong here, just as any of us could belong "there"...

Why create controversy where there really is none? :blink:

dcdeb

It's like someone has already said, horses for courses.

I prefer MFC because it's loud and fast. And gets the news quickly.

I find that MS go off topic much more than we do and threads just end up being answered by the same people with pleasantries rather than actually saying something. If they were amusing it wouldn't be so bad but that's just my opinion, of course.

I am a member there, in fact I think I joined before here, and post occasionally. I know they say they are much more of a cozy community, but I personally don't feel that. It feels cold and empty to me.

A lot early MFCers were early members of MS but have made their choice.

And I have to say, although I think Jack is completely right, I have read some threads/posts over there which have been a little anti MFC. (none of the ones quoted here though).

The main thing is I like it here and mostly stay here, MSounders like it there and they are happy there. No problem unless we make one!

I can't see a problem, now that I've had more of a look.. MFC becoming official is strictly a business decision that Mika and Jerry made.. There wasn't any intent for rivalry between the 2 forums from them, so we shouldn't create one ourselves..

The obvious thing, like you said, and others have said, is that it comes down to personal preferences..

atm, I like posting here, for the fast-paced reason also..

But, these days, I more enjoy the fact I can go to a lesser used forum (Our Aussie one) and just chill.. I don't see the two as competition.. But there's no crime in me preferring the AMF.

Re: MS

Maybe if I get activated I can feel the empty and cold feeling you have described :das:

Seriously, I do get what you mean by that though. It's nice to get a reply to your post within 24 hours when the topic is relatively new..

got to go now i think........bye bye.....xx

no rivalry..

Yes, we are technically official, but unofficially official because no official announcement about being official has been made officially on this forum by an official member of Team Mika.

So you don't actually have to wait anymore.. you can celebrate..

and when you hear what the "benefits" of being "official" are you can celebrate some more..

:roftl:

As many of us have posted multiple times -- technically we ARE official, in that

we are now owned by Mika's people. What we are waiting for is an official

pronouncement from someone as to what being official entails... that's all. :)

As for any rivalry between MFC and ANY other Mika fan site -- not just

Mikasaounds, but ANY other site -- that's just silly. We're all Mika fans --

any of "them" could belong here, just as any of us could belong "there"...

Why create controversy where there really is none? :blink:

dcdeb

ah yes...no rivalry at all! :thumb_yello:

i consider MFC only............:roftl:

and sometimes mikawebsite! :wub2:

no time left for others............so no rivalry! :blush-anim-cl:

Yes, we are technically official, but unofficially official because no official announcement about being official has been made officially on this forum by an official member of Team Mika.

So you don't actually have to wait anymore.. you can celebrate..

and when you hear what the "benefits" of being "official" are you can celebrate some more..

:roftl:

Hi Kelzy, hi everyone

You know, I've never received the activation of the account...so I never could post there. And I found MSF and wanted to join the day I started searching for Mika online...ten months ago :boxed:

I tried like many times more, but that's not interesting

the thing is, some days ago I was reading the comments, and found some saying they are ALREADY official, and no one else apart from the people there can be official. I found that a bit conceited, and that's why I don't like much MSF, I guess not everyone there is like that though.

MFC is like my family, I feel this site like a really warm place...and we get to know some fans really close, friendships were born thanks to the MFC. And I was glad when I saw in the statistics that my country is among the top ones in amount of fans in the MFC and in amount of posts. Actually, it could be because we didn't try to have our place in Mikasounds page....every new fan we met, we reccomend them the MFC and they feel like home here.

Hey Romis! :huglove:

I saw that someone had written that MikaSounds Forum is the Official Mika Website as well.

Ok, so my 2 cents:

MSF = The Forum linked from Mika's Official Website.

MFC = The Official Fan Club.

The Difference?? ummmmm.. :naughty: I can't see a difference.

To me, a forum is where the fans go to post..

And an online fan club is a forum where people post..

So, it would seem that Mika has 2 Official websites for his fans now..

They just go by different names.. Greedy bugger :roftl:

And I just managed to Log into MSF:jawdrop:

*goes insane*