My Interpretation- Mika song

angie1

Hay all,

Just wantd to make a comment bout this song. It is good and all but wot i think is bit wierd bout it is wen he says "2 weeks turned into 10 and i wonder wen it will happen n then he says does it really matter?" Well if he wasnt bothered bout gettin sum then y wud he say does it really matter afterwards?? Any1 think the same?? Feel free 2send me a message!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's hard to deconstruct a sentence when the structure isn't around it. Let's look at the lyrics as a whole.

You talk about life, you talk about death and everything in between

Like it's nothing, and the words are easy

You talk about me, you talk about you and everything I do

Like it's something that needs repeating

I don't need an alibi or for you to realise

the things we left unsaid are only taking space up in our heads

Make it my fault, win the game, point the finger, place the blame

And curse me up and down, it doesn't matter now

Cos I don't care if I ever talk to you again

This is not about emotion, I don't need a reason not to care

what you say, or what happened in the end

This is my interpretation, and it don't...

don't make sense

The first two weeks turn into ten, I hold my breath and wonder when it will happen

Does it really matter?

If half of what you said is true and half of what I didn't do could be different

Will it make it better?

If we forget the things we know, would we have somewhere to go?

The only way is down, I can see that now

What you say or what happened in the end

don't make sense

It's really not such a sacrifice

If I never talk to you again, this is not about emotion

I don't need a reason not to care, what you say, or what happened in the end

don't make sense

and it don't have to make no sense to you at all

Cos this is my interpretation

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Okay, so the first verse begins with Mika getting fed up with who he's with, they're not getting on so they break up hence the words in the chorus "i don't care if i ever talk to you again..."

the second verse, i believe, is about when you break up with someone, the air is cleared and you have time to think. did i need to do that? were they right in what they said? could we get back together again if we realise our mistakes? that's what i believe it is, and Mika is kinda torn between getting back and letting it die, hence the "does it really matter?" and questioning "would it make it better?" "if we forget the things we know, would we have somewhere to go?"

well...that's my interpretation anyway :biggrin2:

my 2 cents : i think i remember, one of the first times he sang that song, he said it was actually a break-up song and it had be co-written with a girl. (i think it was Jodi Marr)... and he said something like "you can so tell that the second verse was written by a girl, because a man could never write something so complicated about a break-up" :naughty:

my 2 cents : i think i remember, one of the first times he sang that song, he said it was actually a break-up song and it had be co-written with a girl. (i think it was Jodi Marr)... and he said something like "you can so tell that the second verse was written by a girl, because a man could never write something so complicated about a break-up" :naughty:

oh yeah i remember that :roftl:

The chorus seems to me to be written by a man. Tht's what a boy told me when we broke up and he didn't want to admit he was hurted by the situation. I know he suffered, but he was so proud that he left me without saying why ,and said he didn't want to know about me again, just because

Maybe that's the reason why I hardly ever listen to that song...It makes me feel that he thinks the same way than that boy, and that's something I'll never understand...

Second verse, I agree, it sounds more like a woman, or a person really affected by the breakup at least :P

i laughed so much when i heard him say that! it's so true though

Now you mention it, thats so true!

My Interpretation has never been one of my favourite's off of the album......

The one bit I do like though is the:

"And it don't have to make no sense to you at all, 'cause this is my interpretation"

It's just the force he sings that bit with :wub2: :wub2:

OK I am rambling on into embarassment now, so I will stop! lol

Now you mention it, thats so true!

My Interpretation has never been one of my favourite's off of the album......

The one bit I do like though is the:

"And it don't have to make no sense to you at all, 'cause this is my interpretation"

It's just the force he sings that bit with :wub2: :wub2:

OK I am rambling on into embarassment now, so I will stop! lol

lyrically, it's one of my favourites. i can sing it in a comfortable key without the music, but once mika starts singing it's too low for me lol :blush-anim-cl:

mmmmm those low notes... :wub2:

lyrically, it's one of my favourites. i can sing it in a comfortable key without the music, but once mika starts singing it's too low for me lol :blush-anim-cl:

mmmmm those low notes... :wub2:

Even though we cant sing them, the low notes are lovely.....

Same goes with the falsetto (although it doesnt appear in MI)

No, only in that part with: It don't make seeeeeeeeeeense at the end and that yeah yeah yeah thing.

MI is really one of my favourites:naughty:

My interpretation is one of my favourite songs on the album

(I love all the songs on LICM :) )

and the " it don't make seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeense is great!:thumb_yello:

love this song!

it's hard to deconstruct a sentence when the structure isn't around it. Let's look at the lyrics as a whole.

You talk about life, you talk about death and everything in between

Like it's nothing, and the words are easy

You talk about me, you talk about you and everything I do

Like it's something that needs repeating

I don't need an alibi or for you to realise

the things we left unsaid are only taking space up in our heads

Make it my fault, win the game, point the finger, place the blame

And curse me up and down, it doesn't matter now

what you say, or what happened in the end

don't make sense

The first two weeks turn into ten, I hold my breath and wonder when it will happen

Does it really matter?

If half of what you said is true and half of what I didn't do could be different

Will it make it better?

If we forget the things we know, would we have somewhere to go?

The only way is down, I can see that now

What you say or what happened in the end

don't make sense

It's really not such a sacrifice

If I never talk to you again, this is not about emotion

I don't need a reason not to care, what you say, or what happened in the end

don't make sense

and it don't have to make no sense to you at all

Cos this is my interpretation

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Okay, so the first verse begins with Mika getting fed up with who he's with, they're not getting on so they break up hence the words in the chorus "i don't care if i ever talk to you again..."

the second verse, i believe, is about when you break up with someone, the air is cleared and you have time to think. did i need to do that? were they right in what they said? could we get back together again if we realise our mistakes? that's what i believe it is, and Mika is kinda torn between getting back and letting it die, hence the "does it really matter?" and questioning "would it make it better?" "if we forget the things we know, would we have somewhere to go?"

well...that's my interpretation anyway :biggrin2:

i thought it was "dress me up and down" LMFAO

This is my favourite song off the album and I really love the 'if half of what you said is true and half of what I didn't do' bit because it's just written in a really nice way.

Has anyone got a link to when he said that verse was written by Jodi Marr? I've never seen/heard it so I'm curious now, haha.

all what u guys wrote is very interesting ... i dont have time to think about it to much now but i can play that song on the guitar! :mf_rosetinted:

ok now i go back to work... lol ;)

This is my favourite song off the album and I really love the 'if half of what you said is true and half of what I didn't do' bit because it's just written in a really nice way.

Has anyone got a link to when he said that verse was written by Jodi Marr? I've never seen/heard it so I'm curious now, haha.

i've been looking a bit on youtube, coulnd't find the video anymore :( sorry !

i think it was like on a radio or tv show... not a concert.. i dont' remember very well... but i'm pretty sure it was just him sitting at a keyboard, no band...

haha, now I see the advantage of having a low voice...I've always hated it, but now there's a good thing I can do with it! :naughty:

I've always thought it was one of those over-analysing things (which is why I can really imagine it being written by a woman), where when they were together it was going well, suprisingly well, actually, making the person wonder when the inevitable (this girl is obvioulsy a fatalist) breakup was going to happen and now that we've broken up, well, does all this over analysing really matter anyway? Cos...

If half of what you said is true

and half of what I didn't do

could be different, would it make it better?

Well, no, probably not, so I'll stop the over-analysing cos whatever I think is going to be My Interpretation anyway and not necessarily true for you.

That's what its always meant to me. Does that help? (Or make sense, even?)

It was from the Orange session. Damned if I can find it on youtube now. I've got it saved as an flv on my computer but that's not much help to you!

i have an flv reader, do you think it's possible to convert it back as mpg and repost it somewhere ? i could try

And chickadee, yes, it makes a lot of sense.. actually, i think it's exactly what it means !!!

Whenever we face situations such as break ups, whatever we think about it is always gonna be our interpretation in the end of the day... and it's never gonna make sense for anybody else, especially not for the other person we broke up with...

you put it very well !! :)

:lmao:

Why I don't think that is weird for you?:lmfao:

I always thought it was ''turns me up and down''

I always thought the lyrics went:

"make it my fault, win the game, point the finger, place the blame

its cuts me up and down, doesn't matter now"

until someone posted the lyrics that came with the japanese edition lol