Songs That Make You Cry

phunkygal

Okay, I am hoping there isn't a thread like this, but i was wondering, what songs make you cry? mine are

In Any Other World

Happy Ending

Almost Lover

Vicarious

Wake Me Up When September Ends

and more i cant think of.

so, what songs make u cry?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slipping through my fingers, by Abba.

I have no idea why this makes me cry.

It's about a mother and a daughter and how time passes without us noticing it, and how they never did all the things together they should have.

I guess it's just a reminder that we should cherish every minute and that kind of makes me sad.

And any song that mentions duct tape. :crybaby:

You Take My Breath Away, Too Much Love Will Kill You, These Are The Days Of Our Lives (Queen)

Any Other World

Crestfallen (The Smashing Pumpkins)

Hallellujah (Jeff Buckley version)

Yesterday by the Beatles. I heard this song the day after my two year-old cousin died due to drowning in a pond. The lyrics had absolutely nothing to do with his death, but simply hearing the song (which has to do with regret)at that time has always left a mark with me. Still makes me cry and it's been 14 years since he died.

Many songs by Queen make me cry (Mother Love, These Are the Days of Our Lives, etc)...but that's mostly because of the meaning behind those particular songs. Although, the first time I ever heard Love Of My Life I burst into tears. I'd never heard anything so beautiful before. :)

Hmmmmm...I know there's more, but I am drawing a blank now!

pfft, i could wack my stepmother. :mf_rosetinted:

Only your mother! I can't say about stepmothers, my first one was a real evil witch, but the one I have now is very nice. I don't live at home though, so maybe that's the difference?

Only your mother! I can't say about stepmothers, my first one was a real evil witch, but the one I have now is very nice. I don't live at home though, so maybe that's the difference?

well i dont really have a choice. she is okay, at times. :mf_rosetinted: but she is only evil when she says i look like a freak. :lmao:

well i dont really have a choice. she is okay, at times. :mf_rosetinted: but she is only evil when she says i look like a freak. :lmao:

Well the evil witch one I lived at home with from the age of about 13 to 17/18. She was horrible and caused me a lot of grief and unhappiness and I left home in the end. Yours doesn't sound that bad? After all you may look like a freak? :naughty: Although I would never say that to you, I would be kinder.

Hmm that's an interesting one.

Any Other World

Over My Shoulder

I Need Something - Newton Faulkner

Calling All Angels - Lennie Kravitz

Patience - Guns n Roses

Eternity - Robbie Williams

Shine On You Crazy Diamond & Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Okay this could take a while...

Well the evil witch one I lived at home with from the age of about 13 to 17/18. She was horrible and caused me a lot of grief and unhappiness and I left home in the end. Yours doesn't sound that bad? After all you may look like a freak? :naughty: Although I would never say that to you, I would be kinder.

hm, wello arent you nice? :lmao: and yes, i do look like a freak to some people. it is really a matter of preference. some call me brilliant(my theatre teacher) others say i was dropped on my head as a baby. :lmao:

hm, wello arent you nice? :lmao: and yes, i do look like a freak to some people. it is really a matter of preference. some call me brilliant(my theatre teacher) others say i was dropped on my head as a baby. :lmao:

Seriously though, I have most definately learned to look beyond appearances. You can't judge a book by it's cover and all that.

Back on topic

One Moment in Time by Whitney Houston.

Seriously though, I have most definately learned to look beyond appearances. You can't judge a book by it's cover and all that.

Yep I agree. I can't seem to think of anyone who looks so bad that you can't help but judge them. And I can't think of a single person whose never been thought of as attractive.

I've already answered this question ages ago in Caz's thread. But Thanks Babs i hadn't heard that ABBA song before (it's lovely, I shall be going through that at the end of August :()

And came across this on my utube travels a few moments ago, I love his version of this anyway but this live version left me speechless, he is back in a another place when he performs this, it's beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nppm-hKQxw

so along with the songs I mentioned in Caz's thread I also get weepy listening to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nppm-hKQxw

Oh and a whole lot more, I get wrapped up in the lyrics and emotions and music all too easily I'm afraid and it gets embarrassing lol.

well, i have never cried to a song or a movie, so i can't say they make me cry but these make me want to cry...

Carry Me Home (the music video esp.) by James Blunt

Over My Shoulder

Any Other World

Deathbed by Relient K

God Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flats

and i know theres tons more but i can't think of them right now...