I Gave It All Away

I just read a blog on that song that mika wrote and i really wonder how it sounds like and the lyrics, the person on the blog said he heard the version that boyzone made and said it was absolutely GREAT, everyone said it was an incredible song!!!! do you think we will hear it someday??

and what do you think the story is all about? I gave it all away... do you think its a lovesong? or is it about music?

anyway here is exactly what was written on the blog dedicated to boyzone

Their plans for a comeback single have been thrown into chaos by...MIKA.

RONAN KEATING, SHANE LYNCH, MIKEY GRAHAM, STEPHEN GATELY and KEITH DUFFY wanted to release a track written by the flamboyant singer for their big return.

Mika penned the song, called I Gave It All Away, for other acts to buy and release.

But after Boyzone recorded it the Grace Kelly star decided they were ?too cheesy? — and banned their version.

An industry insider told me: ?Mika wrote the song and made it available for other artists.

Boyzone loved it. They thought it was perfect to launch their comeback so they recorded it and it sounded greata certain No1.

Just like the title of the track, Mika gave it all away. But then he took it back again.?

'Cheesy' ... Ronan

Boyzone — who had a No1 single with When The Going Gets Tough in 1999 — have been left gutted. A spokesman for the band said: ?It’s a real shame because it’s an incredible song and we all loved it.?

I’ve heard the track and I think Mika is being a spoilsport for not allowing Ronan and Co to release it.

It sounds like a classic Boyzone song and surely it’s best it goes to an act who can do it justice.

It would have been a huge No1 for Boyzone and Mika’s decision has cost him a fortune.

I reckon the single could have made him ?250,000.

Yet despite being hardly the most high-brow of artists himself, he simply does not want Boyzone performing his material.

A source close to Mika revealed: ?He is keen to start writing for other pop artists as well as himself. But Boyzone isn’t really what he had in mind.

He was hoping to work with some more interesting artists — Boyzone are a bit too cheesy.?

Before they split seven years ago the Boyz notched up six No1 singles and four chart-topping albums in the UK.

They will perform a medley of their hits for the BBC’s Children In Need telethon later this month.

They are yet to sign a new record deal but are thrashing out plans for a new album and tour, as well as the single.

Mika’s snub is a setback. But When All Is Said And Done, I’m sure the comeback will be a hit.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve heard the track and I think Mika is being a spoilsport for not allowing Ronan and Co to release it.

It sounds like a classic Boyzone song and surely it’s best it goes to an act who can do it justice.

It would have been a huge No1 for Boyzone and Mika’s decision has cost him a fortune.

I reckon the single could have made him ?250,000.

Yet despite being hardly the most high-brow of artists himself, he simply does not want Boyzone performing his material.

You heard the track? Or who? *confused*

If yes, where did you hear it?

You heard the track? Or who? *confused*

If yes, where did you hear it?

no, i didnt,lol, its the person who wrote that blog who did!!! and I really wonder how it sounds like....

is there any fan of westlife here btw? mika was supposed to write with them too, i assume its done now?

no, i didnt,lol, its the person who wrote that blog who did!!! and I really wonder how it sounds like....

is there any fan of westlife here btw? mika was supposed to write with them too, i assume its done now?

haha ok, sorry for that:naughty:

O yeah, you said that like a week ago. Hmmm...I'm curious about the Westlife thing:naughty:

look, ive been investigating on the westlife last album and if mika ever worked with them its under a pseudonym because his name isnt mentionned anywhere

here are the songs and the writers/producers

all the songs in orange are covers=it cant be him

1 Home Alan Chang, Amy Foster-Gillies, Michael Bublé 3:26

2 Us Against The World Arnthor Birgisson, Rami Yacoub, Savan Kotecha 4:01

3 Something Right Arnthor Birgisson, Rami Yacoub, Savan Kotecha 3:14

4 I'm Already There Gary Baker, Frank J. Myers, Richie McDonald 4:18

5 When I'm With You Jordan Omley, Louis Biancaniello, Michael Mani, Sam Watters 4:12

6 Have You Ever Diane Warren 4:30

7 It's You Steve Mac, Wayne Hector 4:09

8 Catch My Breath Steve Mac, Wayne Hector 3:18

9 The Easy Way Arnthor Birgisson, Rami Yacoub, Savan Kotecha 3:34

10 I Do Steve Mac, Wayne Hector, Reid 4:30

11 Pictures In My Head Arnthor Birgisson, Rami Yacoub, Savan Kotecha 4:16

12 You Must Have Had A Broken Heart Jörgen Elofsson, Nicky Chinn

look, ive been investigating on the westlife last album and if mika ever worked with them its under a pseudonym because his name isnt mentionned anywhere

here are the songs and the writers/producers

all the songs in orange are covers=it cant be him

1 Home Alan Chang, Amy Foster-Gillies, Michael Bublé 3:26

2 Us Against The World Arnthor Birgisson, Rami Yacoub, Savan Kotecha 4:01

3 Something Right Arnthor Birgisson, Rami Yacoub, Savan Kotecha 3:14

4 I'm Already There Gary Baker, Frank J. Myers, Richie McDonald 4:18

5 When I'm With You Jordan Omley, Louis Biancaniello, Michael Mani, Sam Watters 4:12

6 Have You Ever Diane Warren 4:30

7 It's You Steve Mac, Wayne Hector 4:09

8 Catch My Breath Steve Mac, Wayne Hector 3:18

9 The Easy Way Arnthor Birgisson, Rami Yacoub, Savan Kotecha 3:34

10 I Do Steve Mac, Wayne Hector, Reid 4:30

11 Pictures In My Head Arnthor Birgisson, Rami Yacoub, Savan Kotecha 4:16

12 You Must Have Had A Broken Heart Jörgen Elofsson, Nicky Chinn

I don't think he helped:blink:

you think he didnt? i dont know, last year he said he did , its hard to tell, anyway we can forget Rami Yacoub and Savan Kotecha because those people are the ones who write the songs of spears,madonna, timberlake and co, just like stock,aitken and waterman before... so its not many left, i ll try to check the ones left on the net, if there is one name we dont find anything about then KERCHING!!!!:naughty:

i frickin' love Boyzone!!!:):):) i adored them as a child:)

are you friend with one of them by any luck so maybe they could give away the lyrics,lol

anyway ive checked michael mani and n chinn and its not him...and i cant find the article back where he said he wrote for a famous male artist under a pseudonym but i know i read it, i really wnder who it is...

are you friend with one of them by any luck so maybe they could give away the lyrics,lol

anyway ive checked michael mani and n chinn and its not him...and i cant find the article back where he said he wrote for a famous male artist under a pseudonym but i know i read it, i really wnder who it is...

Me too. If it's true...