I Gave It All Away

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=9501253&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

I found this...does this mean he first wanted to call Relax Eurobasket instead of Relax?:blink:

This song just appeared in Mika's repertoire in the past couple of weeks and judging by the BMI Work# it was published long after his other songs.

I've got a couple of other members of the MFC FBI on it. :thumb_yello::naughty:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I dug it up a long time ago, but no one believed me. :wink2:

This is a tangent off the age old what-is-his-real-name argument. Another fact some people refuse to believe. :naughty:

Ah, yes I remember something... somewhere in a dark corner of my memory it just popped up. Probably it was discussed at a time when there was more Mika around :naughty: so I didn't pay a lot of attention. But I never questioned the truth of it.

I might get batter for that but now after having listened to the tune I sort of hear Mika say 'I was young and needed the money'. :naughty: I mean just a few minutes ago I have read (was it in this thread or another? Can't remember, it's late :naughty: ) how cheesy Erase and My Interpretation are perceived. But put them next to that one... :blink:

Writing for Eros is a good camouflage, though, as nobody would really expect that. I just wonder - why him and then not Boyzone? That's not very logical to me.

Writing for Eros is a good camouflage, though, as nobody would really expect that. I just wonder - why him and then not Boyzone? That's not very logical to me.

The Romazzotti song is a collaboration. Mika may have only composed some of the music.

Mika is the sole writer for the Boyzone song. He may think it's his baby and he doesn't want to sacrifice it to a cheesy boy band.

exactly, Vio..:blink:

*Alice isn't him oh no impossible gawd* I couldn't believe it was Mika doing something for Eros :puking:

yep, meeks was young and penniless..and now has a lil more power to refuse something against his personal project..but again WHY? If you write a song to give it away...you can't control its interpretation

The Romazzotti song is a collaboration. Mika may have only composed some of the music.

Mika is the sole writer for the Boyzone song. He may think it's his baby and he doesn't want to sacrifice it to a cheesy boy band.

Makes a lot of sense, I'd love to hear it one day, though, so he'd better not love it too much :roftl:

*Alice isn't him oh no impossible gawd* I couldn't believe it was Mika doing something for Eros :puking:

yep, meeks was young and penniless..and now has a lil more power to refuse something against his personal project? :cool:

Ahh, true. I've never seen it from that viewpoint. Now it's all clear. Alice is not Mika. They only share one body. Identity madness all round... :mf_rosetinted:

*Alice isn't him oh no impossible gawd* I couldn't believe it was Mika doing something for Eros :puking: yep, meeks was young and penniless..and now has a lil more power to refuse something against his personal project..but again WHY? If you write a song to gave it away...you can't control its interpretation

OMG...Eros...I'm shocked :shocked:and horrified! *faints*

OMG...Eros...I'm shocked :shocked:and horrified! *faints*

Now I'm starting to understand why "Alice" wrote this song instead of Michael H. Penniman. :naughty:

Personally I think Eros is hot, but I'd never heard of him before Mika started writing his songs, so I haven't been exposed to decades of his cheesiness. I'll have to take the Italians' word on it.

Now I'm starting to understand why "Alice" wrote this song instead of Michael H. Penniman. :naughty:

Personally I think Eros is hot, but I'd never heard of him before Mika started writing his songs, so I haven't been exposed to decades of his cheesiness. I'll have to take the Italians' word on it.

...not only the Italians' :roftl: He has made his mark in Germany as well, if not all across Europe :roftl:

I own one of his CDs. Yes, it is embarrassing, but in my defence I have to say I hadn't bought it myself :lmao:

Take it from me and greta,Christine!there's a serious reason if Mika wrote 'Alice' instead of his actual name.:naughty:

I own one of his CDs. Yes, it is embarrassing, but in my defence I have to say I hadn't bought it myself :lmao:

:roftl:

no you hadnt, it was vilolet sky who had:mf_rosetinted:

ok now the song is not really good but the piano is fine and its probably mika who did that because its all about the black keys again:naughty:

:roftl:

no you hadnt, it was vilolet sky who had:mf_rosetinted:

ok now the song is not really good but the piano is fine and its probably mika who did that because its all about the black keys again:naughty:

If there is something good about it, it MUST be Mika.

about the CD... might have been violetta (:devil: ), she's the evil one - sometimes.

Wow! Looks like the MFC CIA has been in full swing lately:punk:

I must admit that I haven't followed Eros Ramazzotti for years, but I was a big fan of his earlier work.

I have/had 3 or 4 of his first cd's, which I actually had in cassette form as it was such a looooong time ago (eighties sometime)- I loved those songs of his!

Plus *cough* I found him quite cute too...

Here an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8470byw8hkY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHMHEXHOkFc&feature=related

He did some in Spanish as well, even a full album or two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu5M7pZji_8&feature=related

Oooh the memories:wub2: My early teens were spent endlessly listening to that

Eurobasket.

Hmm... maybe that will be the Lebanese entry in the Eurovision song contest:roftl:

Co-written with Nicholas Eede.

They must have enjoyed their previous collaboration.:naughty:

Eurobasket.

Hmm... maybe that will be the Lebanese entry in the Eurovision song contest:roftl:

Co-written with Nicholas Eede.

They must have enjoyed their previous collaboration.:naughty:

To me it seems more like a soundtrack for a TV commercial advertising a basketball event. (At least that's what my friend Google made me think of)

Actually I dug it up a long time ago, but no one believed me. :wink2:

This is a tangent off the age old what-is-his-real-name argument. Another fact some people refuse to believe. :naughty:

That's because his real name is Mica Cupcake Penniman. Some people refuse to believe that! :confused:

That's because his real name is Mica Cupcake Penniman. Some people refuse to believe that! :confused:

i believe you ... i believe anything you say ever since you showed me your vast knowledge on elephants ... you are my idol :thumb_yello:

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=9501253&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

I found this...does this mean he first wanted to call Relax Eurobasket instead of Relax?:blink:

Well I found this, it has Eurobasket in the tags.

http://www.nme.com/video/id/l23F29tqviA/search/djmallorca

I think it's from Eurobasket 2007. Who watches this - anyone? I don't recall it ever being on TV here.

I think Relax must have promoted Spain in Eurobasket or something, everything I find is in Spanish. Sara?

The Sixth - Patrocinadores Eurobasket 2007. The Mika singer takes way to become the paradigm of music for television promotions,

18 Sep 2007... If you are of that started off after party you have listened to melodía that announced Eurobasket 2007 you will like to know that music is of MIKA...

as far as I know, Westlife was dicovered by Simon Cowell. They may still be working with Simon (as a producer)

I'd pay to see the face of that man if one of 'his' artists sings a Mika song :naughty:

So wrong! Westlife are Louis Walsh's band, Ronan Keating was their manager at one time, I don't know if he still is. Even cheesier than Boyzone.

...not only the Italians' :roftl: He has made his mark in Germany as well, if not all across Europe :roftl:

He's not known in the UK I don't think.

Dear moderators

a little group of us (italians fans) already knew about E.R. song by A.

Because the composer uses a pseudonym maybe he does not want that we speak about.

So the italians did not speak a lot about.

I think it is better to speak with the composer (the next opportunity in July) and to ask to him if he is agree about a world wide diffusion.

i hope my post is understandable

Dear moderators

a little group of us (italians fans) already knew about E.R. song by A.

Because the composer uses a pseudonym maybe he does not want that we speak about.

So the italians did not speak a lot about.

I think it is better to speak with the composer (the next opportunity in July) and to ask to him if he is agree about a world wide diffusion.

i hope my post is understandable

I know what you mean, but we can all google! :wink2:

As Christine says, this was all posted on the MFC last year, but not many people actually picked up on it.

This thread isn't exactly popular, so maybe the wider world aren't very interested?