I Gave It All Away

Mika said he was a perfectionist, so i completely get it. If he wasn't happy with their interpretation of the song.. then take it back... I'm on Mikas side!! lol :)

Can't wait for you guys to find him under his pseudonym... yay!!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anyway ive checked michael mani and n chinn and its not him...and i cant find the article back where he said he wrote for a famous male artist under a pseudonym but i know i read it, i really wnder who it is...

I had no idea he said that he had written for someone, but the name he publishes under is linked with a pseudonym that is credited as a writer on a recent Eros Ramazzotti song.

That's why I linked you to the thread where we discussed this Boyzone story. Not to close down this thread, but I thought you'd find the previous discussion relevant/interesting.

I had no idea he said that he had written for someone, but the name he publishes under is linked with a pseudonym that is credited as a writer on a recent Eros Ramazzotti song.

That's why I linked you to the thread where we discussed this Boyzone story. Not to close down this thread, but I thought you'd find the previous discussion relevant/interesting.

oh ok, thanks! but i cant find the pseudonym...where is it xactly?

i just found back the article by luck, i couldnt find it back because it was a scanned article

openmag february 07

thats where he says it, that he wrote for someone , a man pretty famous ( note that he used the word MAN, not boy or band but MAN), , in february last year he said that it should be released soon, so i suppose we all probably heard the song and we dont even know its a mika one:sneaky2:

2mebi84.jpg

thats where he says it, that he wrote for someone , a man pretty famous ( note that he used the word MAN, not boy or band but MAN), , in february last year he said that it should be released soon, so i suppose we all probably heard the song and we dont even know its a mika one:sneaky2:

Thanks for the article. My French isn't very good but I can probably get the gist of it.

It's Romazzotti he's talking about and the song is Ci Parliamo Da Grandi from his latest album E2. Mika's pseudonym is Alice.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=9140691&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

There has been some information online that the "Alice" credited is an Italian songwriter but they're mistaken. The song is published under Dodgy Holiday which is obviously Mika related.

Also, it appears he sang backup vocals on the song (see 1.16):

http://www.pop-catastrophe.co.uk/1228.aspx

Thanks for the article. My French isn't very good but I can probably get the gist of it.

It's Romazzotti he's talking about and the song is Ci Parliamo Da Grandi from his latest album E2. Mika's pseudonym is Alice.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=9140691&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

There has been some information online that the "Alice" credited is an Italian songwriter but they're mistaken. The song is published under Dodgy Holiday which is obviously Mika related.

wow, thanx Christine!:flowers2:

You know where to search..I'm not even an Eros fan :bleh:

But honestly I don't think Alice is Mika's nom de plume...why his real name would be credited among the backsingers and not in the writers? :blink:

Ci Parliamo Da Grandi

Writers: E. Ramazzotti - N. Agliardi/G. Chambers - Alice

Published: EMI Music Publishing UK/Dodgy Holiday/ViaMeda Ed.Mus/Universial Music Publishing Ricordi S.R.L.

Produced: Guy Chambers & Richard Flak

Recorded: Richard Flack & Paul Stanborough at Sleep Recording Studios & Angel Recording Studios, London Mixed at Konk Studios, London

Drums: Keith Prior

Bass Guitar/Keyboards: Guy Chambers

Electric Guitars: Luke Potashnick/Paul Stanbotough

Acoustic Guitars: Luke Potashnick

Pedal Steel: Melvin Duffy

Backing Vocals: G. Chambers/M. Penniman/E. Ramazzotti

(p) 2007 sony BMG Music Enterainment (Nederlands)

But honestly I don't think Alice is Mika's nom de plume...why his real name would be credited among the backsingers and not in the writers? :blink:

Because he chose to take a singing credit and not a writing one. Maybe it was Ramazzotti who preferred that Mika's name wasn't so closely associated with one of his songs...I don't know.

But the facts are:

• Mika has admitted to writing a song for a famous singer under a pseudonym
  • The "Alice" who is credited on this song is the same songwriter as Michael H Penniman, according to BMI's database
  • Dodgy Holiday is one of the publishers according to BMI's database and the tracklisting on pop-catastrophe.co.uk
  • Mika sang backing vocals on this track

We also know he's partial to the name Alice for a boy so it's not surprising he would choose it as a pseudonym.

mmh yeah i dunno how the music system works behind the scenes..

I think of Mika's refuse to let Boyzone record his song..they revealed the press the songwriter was him and he didn't take it well..WHY?

It's not a shame to collaborate with other artists, on the contrary it's all good publicity for Mika imo :confused:

mmh yeah i dunno how the music system works behind the scenes..

I think of Mika's refuse to let Boyzone record his song..they revealed the press the songwriter was him and he didn't take it well..WHY?

It's not a shame to collaborate with other artists, on the contrary it's all good publicity for Mika imo :confused:

I think he didn't want to be confronted about the Boyzone story because it had such a bad spin on it. Mika doesn't go around slagging off other artists publicly so I'm sure he doesn't want it out there that he thinks they're too cheezy to record one of his songs.

I don't think the Boyzone thing was a collaboration. I think he wrote the song a long time ago, someone connected to Boyzone came across it and tried to buy it and Mika took a pass on the sale.

No idea what happened with the Ramazzotti song. Perhaps when they were collaborating he was in the midst of launching LICM and thought it best not to associate himself with other artists. He already had to deal with all the Robbie Williams, Scissor Sisters and Freddie Mercury comparisons.

Now that he's established himself he may be more likely to work openly with other artists he respects. It doesn't seem like he's trying too hard to hide the Ramazzotti collaboration if he's mentioning it in interviews. Even if he doesn't name names, he's still putting it out there that he writes songs for other singers.

I love you detectives!

It is impossible to actually detect Mika's voice with the untrained ear in the backing vocals, but the melody is very nice.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=F0YajlTzgp8 (the same link as posted earlier)

Edit: Another writer credited on this album is Guy Chambers who co-wrote some of Mika's collection, and who also co-wrote with Robbie Williams.

FWIW.

Ci Parliamo Da Grandi

Writers: E. Ramazzotti - N. Agliardi/G. Chambers - Alice

Published: EMI Music Publishing UK/Dodgy Holiday/ViaMeda Ed.Mus/Universial Music Publishing Ricordi S.R.L.

Produced: Guy Chambers & Richard Flak

Recorded: Richard Flack & Paul Stanborough at Sleep Recording Studios & Angel Recording Studios, London Mixed at Konk Studios, London

Drums: Keith Prior

Bass Guitar/Keyboards: Guy Chambers

Electric Guitars: Luke Potashnick/Paul Stanbotough

Acoustic Guitars: Luke Potashnick

Pedal Steel: Melvin Duffy

Backing Vocals: G. Chambers/M. Penniman/E. Ramazzotti

(p) 2007 sony BMG Music Enterainment (Nederlands)

I didn't know it really IS true!:shocked: *goes listening to the song*

I hope there is!

Relax is nowhere! Only a song called Eurobasket (looks at my last comment for my question:naughty: )

thanks Greta :thumb_yello:

I was about to ask you :naughty: My family wants me to learn italian ('cause I'm a citizen there) but I'm not good learning it...

oh really?

Have you voted for the past elections?

{really hope not..Italy's not good at the moment also coz of bad politicians}:thumbdown:

even some italians don't know how to write a letter in their own language, don't worry :rolleyes:

And don't get scared of the italian thread, we don't speak italian there:roftl: but you'll be always welcome to improve it for your family :D

O yeah, you said that like a week ago. Hmmm...I'm curious about the Westlife thing:naughty:

as far as I know, Westlife was dicovered by Simon Cowell. They may still be working with Simon (as a producer)

I'd pay to see the face of that man if one of 'his' artists sings a Mika song :naughty:

WOW WOW WOW !!!

thank you:flowers2: :flowers2: :flowers2: :flowers2:

lol@Alice, the baby likes provocation:naughty:

in the article its nothing new, except for the line i gave you with the pseudonym stuff, he says that he listened to pop music very late and thats why he could really appreciate it and he says that people who work with him have bags under their eyes because he is very tyrinic because its too important for him, its his life he also says that he want to find someone who would write in french for him, its not mentioned in the article but mika is a fan of luc plamondon, he would like to work with him, he also back in the article says that he sees himself as a mister Loyal (btw mister Loyal is like the meister, the master of everyone in the circus,lol, he works with other people but he is the one who owns and decides and leads:naughty: ) and that his dream was to go all around the world with his little circus.

now i dont know eros music very well either and i only know a few songs in italian by heart and thats why i understandthem, SO

now greta you translate:mf_rosetinted:

hey btw does mika totally understand and write italian????wtf???

wow, thanks for that! Interesting stuff is dug out here while Mister M is making himself so scarse. I'm not a fan of Mr. Ramazotti as to me personally he almost reaches the same boredom level as Leona Lewis, so I am sort of surprised about the collaboration. I think I'll give it a go an listen to that song... *opens youtube*

wow, thanks for that! Interesting stuff is dug out here while Mister M is making himself so scarse.

Actually I dug it up a long time ago, but no one believed me. :wink2:

This is a tangent off the age old what-is-his-real-name argument. Another fact some people refuse to believe. :naughty: