I Gave It All Away

i think the best way is to have a drink and then a chat at 4 am in the morning with a member of boyzone, we need a special agent who lives in their town:mf_rosetinted:

who is a volunteer for that mission??

I'm going to Dublin in may, so I can try my best...:roftl:I'll definitely be out late at night and having drinks, so if I manage to run into them...

I want to join the MFC-FBI thingie club whatever it's called:roftl:

Ok, accepted:thumb_yello:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he had thought this was something embarrassing to do or something that could backfire in any way, I reckon he wouldn't have done it :naughty:

That's what I reckon as well. Plus he's already mentioned that he's writing under a pseudonym so he doesn't appear desperate to cover up the fact.

And, as always, Mika has an open invitation to stop by his own fan club and tell us what he thinks. He doesn't have to wait until July. :wink2:

Allegra the privacy master:roftl:

Mika phoned you?

I really dunno why he put all his songs under a pseudonym AND with his real name in a public access database :rolleyes:

Yes, that is quite funny:naughty:

Well I found this, it has Eurobasket in the tags.

http://www.nme.com/video/id/l23F29tqviA/search/djmallorca

I think it's from Eurobasket 2007. Who watches this - anyone? I don't recall it ever being on TV here.

I think Relax must have promoted Spain in Eurobasket or something, everything I find is in Spanish. Sara?

The Sixth - Patrocinadores Eurobasket 2007. The Mika singer takes way to become the paradigm of music for television promotions,

18 Sep 2007... If you are of that started off after party you have listened to melodía that announced Eurobasket 2007 you will like to know that music is of MIKA...

:thumb_yello:Yes, you're right, it looks like they used Relax on the ads to promote the Eurobasket thingie, which seems to be some sort of basketball event...

They just say that the background music is by him, that's all. It doesn't look like Relax was directly linked to promoting the Eurobasket, as in it had a different "official song", but Relax was the song used for the San Miguel ads, which were sponsors of the thing.

http://www.nme.com/video/id/0VLpFgZtr3k/search/eurobasket

They just say that the background music is by him, that's all. It doesn't look like Relax was directly linked to promoting the Eurobasket, as in it had a different "official song", but Relax was the song used for the San Miguel ads, which were sponsors of the thing.

This Cutting Crew guy must think Mika appropriating his melody is the second best thing that ever happened to him. He must be raking in the dough. :naughty:

That's what I reckon as well. Plus he's already mentioned that he's writing under a pseudonym so he doesn't appear desperate to cover up the fact.

And, as always, Mika has an open invitation to stop by his own fan club and tell us what he thinks. He doesn't have to wait until July. :wink2:

Very well said:naughty:

I found another interesting thing that I was not aware of! They are saying here:

http://tvspot.blogspot.com/2007/09/la-sexta-patrocinadores-eurobasket-2007.html

That lots of songs from LICM have been used on spanish TV, particularly on two channels, as background to programs, ads, etc...

I never knew this! Not that I watch Spanish tv, but still...What I did notice though was that, when I went there for Easter, you would hear Relax in almost every second shop that you walked into.

They obviously like that song!!

Found another site where they mention it, but they said that the name of the CD was also Relax....which I have quickly commented on, LOL!

http://musicadeanuncios.blogspot.com/2007/09/msica-de-la-eurobasket-2007.html

Brilliant plan. :roftl:

on a serious side - re listening the song for a 2d time - and , honestly, its a Good-Quality-Cheesy-Pop-Song (no puns intended)....

plus really sticky - already cant get aaaaa-aa-aaaaa out of my head :bleh:

on a serious side - re listening the song for a 2d time - and , honestly, its a Good-Quality-Cheesy-Pop-Song (no puns intended)....

Me neither! I still have the aaaaa-aaa-aaa part in my head, and I'm listening to a totally different song!:roftl:

He's just the master of sticky-ness:naughty:

I had no clue about Eros, so I went to the encyclopedia of everything, google.

And I was really impressed by his career, knowing nothing about him, he looks like a very successful singer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eros_Ramazzotti

Yes that is my sound of today, aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa

I had no clue about Eros, so I went to the encyclopedia of everything, google.

And I was really impressed by his career, knowing nothing about him, he looks like a very successful singer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eros_Ramazzotti

Yes that is my sound of today, aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm telling you, I LOVED him in my teens!

I had "Cuori Agitati", "Nuovi Eroi" and "In Certi Momenti" (in cassette!!!), and they were good.

Not sure bout the rest, as I stopped buying them and following him, I'm still not sure why, I think that his later stuff just didn't grip me...

Same song in Spanish here:

Thanks for the article. My French isn't very good but I can probably get the gist of it.

It's Romazzotti he's talking about and the song is Ci Parliamo Da Grandi from his latest album E2. Mika's pseudonym is Alice.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=9140691&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

There has been some information online that the "Alice" credited is an Italian songwriter but they're mistaken. The song is published under Dodgy Holiday which is obviously Mika related.

Also, it appears he sang backup vocals on the song (see 1.16):

http://www.pop-catastrophe.co.uk/1228.aspx

gosh Christine, that's an awful lot of information! Look at all those songs listed...I'm curious to hear what they sound like. wonder if any of those will appear on the next album.

edit: they spelt grace kelly wrong lol...spelt it as "kelley". have noticed that some of those songs, he is noted as "Penniman Michael Holbrook" and sometimes "Alice".....if it was a pseudonym for another artist I can understand, but why use both names for his own songs I wonder?

I rather like the tune, he could be singing about the birds and I wouldn't know.

I think it's interesting that it's about a father and son, hmmm makes me really want to know who wrote the lyrics.

I like the ahhh ahhhh ahhhh part.

I told you I have been singing the aaaaah bit since yesterday!!

*waves furiously*

Hi Mikaaaaaaa!:wink2:

This Cutting Crew guy must think Mika appropriating his melody is the second best thing that ever happened to him. He must be raking in the dough. :naughty:

Can you imagine??? What a nice later-in-life gift to get.

SEE? See? Not only me turning into a lump of cheese.:naughty:

I think it must partially be attributed to desperation to hear Mika's voice on ANYthing right now. This is the

MIKA DESERT

gosh Christine, that's an awful lot of information! Look at all those songs listed...I'm curious to hear what they sound like. wonder if any of those will appear on the next album.

edit: they spelt grace kelly wrong lol...spelt it as "kelley". have noticed that some of those songs, he is noted as "Penniman Michael Holbrook" and sometimes "Alice".....if it was a pseudonym for another artist I can understand, but why use both names for his own songs I wonder?

He is only using one name as a credit on each song. The names are just linked together in the database because they belong to one person (he's also publishing under Michael H Penniman, as well as Michael Holbrook Penniman and Alice). I think Alice is only credited on two songs.

All of these songs were registered quite awhile ago so I don't know if they'll end up on the new album.

I am in awe of your sleuthing skills guys. Kudos! Interestingly enough, some of his unmentionables aren't on that list though.... Actually Relax and Relax take it easy are listed as two different songs! Instant martyr is not there, as well as loverboy, overrated and I'm falling. Can't think of anymore off the top of my head...

SEE? See? Not only me turning into a lump of cheese.:naughty:

I was actually laughing when I saw your comment on aaaa' in another thread...and we re not the only ones !

(I always get all sorts of commercials-jingles-etc stuck in my head/trashbin!)

He is only using one name as a credit on each song. The names are just linked together in the database because they belong to one person (he's also publishing under Michael H Penniman, as well as Michael Holbrook Penniman and Alice). I think Alice is only credited on two songs.

All of these songs were registered quite awhile ago so I don't know if they'll end up on the new album.

stupid question - but do imaginary "alter egos" get their share of royalties? :naughty:

(and do they have to pay taxes? :das:)